EIGHT

Danger

"She's beautiful." I smiled on a picture in my hands, it was Jimin's mother.

She was sitting on the black couch with 3 years old Jimin smiling on her lap. He was cute wearing a cow pattern clothes. His smile was wide and genuine, I even couldn't recognuze him as Jimin because how different he was with he is now. I couldn't take my eyes off from Mrs. Park, the smile was warm, she's amazingly beautiful.

"You look like her." I added when I caught he was smiling too when I held the picture.

"I'm more like my father."

"Your eyes, maybe. The rest is your mother."

He smiled shyly. I silently like his smile, though. How his eyes would curve into a thin line when he smile and how his puffy cheek would slightly red when he shy. I stared back to the picture and quietly formed a tears when I remembered my parents. Their life had been ripped off of them forcely 5 years ago, the feeling was still lingered on and I couldn't hold anymore. I let them down for a few drops and wiped it away quickly before Jimin could see it because thank God he was too absorbed by his mother's beautiful picture.

"Anyway, Jimin." I cleared my throat and he stared at me smiling. Damn that smile, "I want to ask you a question."

"Sure, go ahead." His deep tone was echoing and somehow gave me chill while I was staring at his side profile as he took a good look back to the picture again.

"Is Daegu means something to you?"

He looked up thinking hard then he shook his head, "Is that a city?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I chuckled as he shyly smiled, "I mean like, maybe Daegu is your parents' hometown, or maybe yours, or maybe a place where you got your first kiss, something like memorable."

"Wait, first kiss?" He eye-cornered me, made a little nervous. Just a little, okay maybe much.

"Well," I was surprise with my own words also, "I'm just saying like it's memorable."

He chuckled, "No."

"What?"

He smirked, "You're cute when you fluttered."

"I didn't. So is-there-any-particular-meaning-about-this-city-for-you?" I asked him in a full speed without breathing to hide my embarrassment. Jimin even looked confuse when I was talking since he couldn't catch fast what I was saying but he answered eventually.

"No. Me and my parents are originally from Busan."

"I see." I nodded, "Good memories, huh?" I asked because I caught him smiling when he said Busan.

"With my mom? Yeah. With my father? Nope."

"Oh? Why?"

"He always busy doing what he always do. Bussiness." Jimin smiled bitterly, "You know, my father owned a company back in Busan. It called Typhon." I laughed inside considering that was actually a unique name Mr. Park picked for his company. First, Typhon and now, Purple? That man had a serious sense of humor. I cleared my throat before Jimin started again, "But it was closed like three or four years ago then we moved to Seoul. He opened his next company immediately."

"Park Purple Co.?" I tried to not laugh so I up my inner cheek.

He chuckled, "Let it go. I know it's a ridiculous name."

"So what happened to Typ- Typhon?"

"I don't know and I never try to find out about it since I hated him because he was always busy with his work. So I always played with my mom, picnic with her, even she gave me an advice to hit on a girl back then." He smiled, really good memories.

"Then why you haven't seen her for the last two years? That's quite long to be honest." His smile faded away replaced with a thin line and cold stare in his eyes, "Don't spit out if you don't want to."

"No. It's fine. It's just- you know- it's-"

"I know that kind of feeling, Jimin. I'm familiar with it."

"You also haven't seen your parents?"

I shook my head smiling, "I will never see them again."

He thought for a bit before he realised on something, "Oh my- I'm sorry, Aeri."

"It's okay. It's not your fault anyway."

"Can I ask why?" He stared at me uneasily, "Don't spit out if you don't want to." He copied my words earlier so I chuckled.

"Complicated." I smiled bitterly, "Let put it this way. You received a threatened note said 'Break the code within one month or you'll lose the love of your life'. Then you break the code a month and a day later. The next thing you know is you're seeing your parents' dead body in front of your very eyes."

"That's not complicated. That's- harsh. Where did you find them?"

"Maybe it will sound funny since you have good memories there."

"Busan?!" He asked in surprise.

I nodded, "Yup." I looked right into his eyes, "That's why I said I don't want to you feel what I felt. Losing someone you love. I promise you, Jimin, I'll work my off, even turn my head into my foot if that's necessary to save your mother, so she can take care of you again, have a picnic with you, and if I'm lucky I can see her warm smile in live."

"Aeri, I honestly can't believe you." He fixed his eyes on mine, like looked through my soul. I kinda felt- he was- undressing me?

"Believe what?" I chuckled to hide my burning cheek as I realised he moved closer and closer. He was seriously movinf closer without me knowing because his eyes were too- intoxicated.

"I'm jerk. I'm mean. I'm bad. I'm treating you like a trash. I'm doing nothing but torturing you. I'm nothing but a piece of . I'm-" He paused as I felt his nose barely touched mine and we had our eyes staring each other deeply, "-mischievous." He closed his eyes as he leaned closer, moved his hand to my neck tilting my head to the right. I didn't realise my eyes were closed too before something inside my jacket pocket buzzed.

"Sorry." I said as I opened my eyes and pulled out my cellphone. He smiled and dropped his hand. I saw Baekhyun name flashed on my cellphone screen as I quickly slided the green icon, "Hello?"

"Aeri! I broke the second code! Come home already!" He exclaimed but something wrong with his usually cheer tone.

"What is it?"

"It said, Busan."

 

To be continued