TEN

Danger

I sat at the middle seat while back seat was filled by Kyungsoo and Suho. I sat between Jimin and Seokjin who didn't know anything. Baekhyun held his cellphone while he was clicking on his laptop. I had my stupid pink book on my lap as I tried to break the third code. My head felt dizzy because I had to write in the middle of rocky road.

"So, Busan or Daegu?" Chanyeol asked as he the engine.

"Daegu." I sad a few seconds early than Baekhyun who shouted Busan. He looked back and ready to scold me before I held up my hands telling him to quiet, "They wrote down number 1 on the paper. I thought that was maybe like another code tell us to work chronological."

"Fine then, Daegu it is."

I tried to call Chen as well as Baekhyun tried to call Xiumin to follow our car when my cellphond was already called by Chen, "Yes?"

"Busan?"

"Daegu."

"This kid, Yoongi, says he owned a house back at Daegu and the house is empty. We can stay there."

"We can stay at apartment."

"No, that's too risky. They might be recording our credit card too."

"How about cash?"

"Do we have that much cash on our pocket?"

I paused a bit before agreed immediately, "Fine. Lead us." And in just a few seconds later Kai's car was already in front of us as I told Chanyeol to follow him. I can saw Jimin and Seokjin a little trembled by the situation. There were no gunshot, fighting scene, or accident happen whatsoever, but the tension was no joke. It was cold both outside and inside the car but the two of them were sweating like crazy. I wanted to laugh but I thought that wouldn't be appropriate. So, instead of laugh at them I handed then a handkerchief each. They looked at me in the same questionable face, "Both of you are sweating like crazy." I mumbled under my breath, or else I would let out my laugh by now.

They received and wiped the sweat immediately before Jimin looked outside the window avoiding my gaze and to hide his embarrassment. Seokjin smiled at me, "Thank you and I'm sorry, Aeri."

"No prob-"

"Seriously?!" Kyungsoo shouted from back, "You ask for her forgiveness when your life in in danger and remember she's the one who could save you? So when it's all end, you'll torture her again?"

"Shut it, Kyungsoo." Suho said calming him down while Seokjin stared blankly to nowhere.

"We actually-"

"My fault." Jimin suddenly said but he was still looking outside the window, "It's my fault. I'm looking for something interesting since my life is already boring so I everyday and my friends agreed to do the same too. I thought she was an easy target since I never know her parents."

The silent was built up when I also realised he act like that all along was actually because he felt empty. He just picked the wrong choice. He felt the six of his friends just not enough since  they were also busy and come from the same background of family, busy by bussiness. Now, I get it.

"Wrong move, Jimin." I said, smirking.

"Yeah?" He finally lookes at me.

"You, teased me. That's a wrong move." I smiled.

"You're right." He looked down, smiling.

"I said don't judge a book from its cover. This stupid link book which you stepped on that time was contained every details of how to save your life. And this stupid little girl is one of the person who try to save you and your mother's life."

"I'm sorry, Aeri."

"Save you sorry !" Kyungsoo still felt irritated.

"Cut it, Mom!" I chuckled.

"Mom?" Seokjin asked me dumbfounded.

Suho laughed suddenly, "Look at his surprise face. So cute."

"Long story, Seokjin." I gave him reassuring smile.

We drove for 3 hours long to Daegu. Seokjin politely offeres himself to drive since he knew Chanyeol would be tired to drive 3 hours straight. Baekhyun seemed a little too unhappy but since he clearly said didn't want to drive he had quietly sit down when Seokjin grabbed the steering wheel.

I could see how Baekhyun didn't comfortable because he always looked back towards the sleeping Chanyeol beside me. I chuckled when I snapped Baekhyun from staring at Chanyeol, "Want exchange the seat?" I offered Baekhyun because I also a little bit uncomfortable sitting between two sleeping figures. Baekhyun nodded eventually.

Without pulled over to stop the car, I climbed forward while Baekhyun climbed to my previous seat, mumbled a 'thank you' when he fixed his seat and dozzed off on Chanyeol's shoulder. I chuckled before I looked up to Seokjin who concetrated on driving, maybe a little too much. His hands turned white, he grabbed the steering wheel too tight. I brushed his hands slightly and blood started to visible on his hands.

"You're driving me insane." I chuckled, "Want change? I'm a good driver too. Remember when the gunshot scene?"

He tugged a smile feeling a little relaxed, "You're a pretty good driver even when you were under pressure. But no, just don't sleep okay, I'm starting to feel lonely." He chuckled.

I nodded, "Alright."

"Mind if I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?"

"I don't know what will happen later, but flashback to what has happened before, I think it would be more dangerous situation. So, I ask you one thing, save Jimin beforehand and don't care about us."

"What are you talking about, Seokjin?"

"He's just really unfortunate. Being raised by a loving mother then the loving mother was ripped out brutally from his life when his father told him to move, staying alone, and cut off every communication with his mother. He didn't know the reason about it, but still it was too hard to handle. He's just precious to us, despite of what he did on the past, to you, maybe to other people too. He had that kind of attitude because lack of love." Seokjin looked at me before took his gaze back to the road, "I'm begging you, Aeri."

"I'll try to save you all." And before Seokjin could speak again I cut him off, "Like it or no, I do care about you guys. Especially him." Seokjin nodded and I took a glance on Jimin's sleeping figure before I felt myself smiling.

"You're smiling." Seokjin teased me.

I looked Seokjin up in surprise, "No, I'm not." Yes, I am.

"You're smiling." Seokjin kept on teasing me.

"Stop it already, Seokjin." I slapped his hand.

"You're- Oh, we're here." He said.

I looked up to see Kai's car was stopped as well as Sehun's car behind us. The house was simple and I have to say it was perfect place for hiding. Yoongi assured me there were no one inside his house, the house is empty. That was his own house which his parents gave to him. I opened the back door and woke Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jimin up while Seokjin helped to carry out the backpacks. Kyungsoo and Suho hopped out from car the last.

The house was beautiful. Simple but fascinating. Later I know, the house was modernized just a few months ago with Jimin's father help, since Park Purple Co. also has a furniture company. The house was so cozy and also warm. Yoongi told us that the bedrooms were just four. I said, thay should arrange it theirselves since I didn't want to sleep yet.

"I'm not sleepy."

"But you have to. Your brain needs its own rest time. Put aside your book for a second." Kyungsoo said between yawn.

"I'll sleep when I feel like I want to."

"But-"

"Let her be." Chanyeol said, "She know what's good for herself. Let's all just sleep."

"I'll keep her company." Jimin suddenly said.

"I have no time to argue, so take care of her." Kyungsoo added before he dissapeared entering his bedroom with Kai followed behind him, leaving me alone with Jimin. I stared at Jimin for awhile and looked away to another direction when Jimin stared at me.

"Are we gonna stand here or-" He finally said something after 30 seconds of silent. I literally counted the 30 seconds.

"Are you gonna break the code?"

"I'll try." I smiled as I started to write down before Jimin stood up. I thought he left me but when I looked at him, he bent down picking on something which turns out a piece of paper, a picture lie down under the entrance door. As far as I remembered, the paper wasn't there when we entered the house.

I caught Jimin frozen state because his back was facing me. So I walked closer to him, "Jimin what's hap-" I paused as I gasped when I saw the picture on Jimin's hand.

A woman figure was sitting down but not in right position, she was a little bent down but her face were looked up. The clothes was torn in many places as a few scars visible from her body. Her hands were handcuffed behind her back. I couldn't recognize the face because only her lips were visible. But by Jimin's eyes and his slightly opened mouth in shock, I could guess who she was. Before I could speak out the name, he already mumbled on something which I could hear clearly.

"Mom...?" His body was shaking.

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): Wow, I think this was the longest chapter ever, 1574 words!!! Anyway, I really hope you all enjoy my story. Please subscribe so you can keeping up the updates, upvote if you like, and feel free to leave one or more comments. Thank you and have a good day <3