SEVEN

Danger

I decided to take my laptop, my stupid pink book, and my brain away from the living room with Baekhyun walked along beside me, since the living room was already crowded by a group of people who scolded and worried me earlier, but now were pulling each other hair over some stupid game called SPIN THE BOTTLE. Baekhyun insisted to ask me play one round which I quickly denied since it would be awkward if I should kiss one of them and this codes wouldn't break by itself. So I pulled Baekhyun all the way to the rooftop with Chanyeol's sweet farewell waved.

"So-"

"I'm not helping you." Baekhyun pouted.

"Oppa, seriously? We have someone's life hanging on a cliff and you mad at me over a spinning bottle?" I said and he didn't bug even he still had his hands crossing in front of his chest, "Do you want to kiss Chanyeol oppa that badly?" I and poked his chin slightly.

He slapped my hand but smile eventually, "Shut up."

"Alright, I'll try to steal Chanyeol oppa's 5 years old photo." Baekhyun was already jumping to hug me but I held him, "But not until this finish."

"Fineee~" He groaned.

Me and Baekhyun sat in the middle of cold air with a laptop on his hand and my stupid pink book above my hips. He told me to work patiently and clear my mind before I got too irritated over my work, since it was using brain to the maximum level.

"Definitely. It's Caesar." He talked about Caesar code.

"I know. But what's the key? There are 26 letters and there's a possibility if they used two letters in once as keys." I whined frustration.

"Yeah! Tru the combination of two letters. I bet they weren't using more than two letters since it's just-"

"Five letters."

"Yeah, they're not that clever." Baekhyun bragged.

"Jerk." I playfully hit his arms and began my work with Baekhyun's proud stared at me as he sip his coffee calmly and nodded 30 minutes later when I stared at him in surprise, "I break it."

"See?"

"It's Daegu."

"What?" He stared me back in surprise but serious stare not a playful one, "Daegu? Isn't that a city?"

"Yes, it is." I paused when I felt my phone buzzed. It was a text message from unknown number. The message said:

It's Jimin. My apartment. Now.

"Your prince?" Baekhyun asked after stole a glance on my cellphone.

"Yeah." I put it back on my jacket pocket, "Urgent."

"Leave that to me. I'll try tl break the second code, while you're running over your prince." He chuckled.

"He's not my prince!"

"Oh, Aeri!" Baekhyun shout stopped me before I dissapeared behind the door, "Careful, Princess."

"Thanks!" I waved him goodbye and grabbed my car key with everybody's questioned face and of course Kyungsoo's yell of worry.

 

Maybe I should ask Jimin, whether Daegu mean something to him beside it was just a simple name of city. Maybe his mother's hometown, or his father's, or- there were a lot of possibilities. I growled as I turned right to park my car. It was dark outside, meaning it was a perfect time to sneak towards Jimin's apartment. I remembered the door number so I hit the bell once I arrived in front of Jimin's apartment. And yes, he opened the door quickly and signaled me to come inside. The fear of his eyes now was gone.

"I need to talk to you." He tap the couch beside him.

"Where's everybody?" I scanned the room as I took a seat beside him.

"Upstair. Don't worry they're fine."

"Okay." I nodded, "So what do you want to talk about?"

"Explain to me what happen. Everything." His tone wasn't so cold but not so warm either. I coyld sense fear and confuse between his shaking words, but this was definitely not a cocky bastard Jimin that I know, but this was a fragile Jimin.

"I'll go quick, okay? Don't cut me off."

He nodded, "I won't." He stared blankly over the table.

"Your father called me a few days ago and ask for my help to break some codes which he believed the culprits left after they kidnapped your- your- your mother."

He looked up in surprise and wide opened eyes, actually I kinda expected that look. His mouth gapped but he didn't say anything instead he looked superly confuse  and tears slowly began to form. I had the urge to put my hands around his shoulder but I quickly put it down when he stared back at me, "Where's she now?" He was shaking, I grabbed his hands to calm him down, he didn't bug and let my hand rested there.

"It was too much for you, I know. And maybe it was just too fast to believe, but I have me and my team to find out about that." His hands was shaking again, "Jimin, I'll save your mother. Don"t worry."

His eyes wandered around, looking for something that wasn't there then he brought his gaze back to me, softened. His tears slowly down on his cheek, "Why, Aeri?"

"Why what?"

"Why you help me? I've been doing nothing but bad to you. You should've let me got shoot."

"Your father told me to protect you as well as your friends. The seven of you are my responsibility now."

"Screw that! You should've hate me!" The tears came down even more.

I chuckled bitterly, "I hate you." He stared at me before I continued, "But Jimin, as much as I hate you I don't want you to experience the same thing as me, if you ask me for a reason."

"Aeri, I might be don't understand about this , about the whole situation, but please count me in." He pleaded.

"What?!" That was really suprising beside of his pleaded eyes, "Jimin, no! That's too dangerous."

"I want to make sure she's alive. I want to see her with my own eyes so I know she's safe. I'm sick of some voice messages saying, 'Your mother is okay', or 'Your mother is healthy', or 'Don't worry, your happy birthday wishes has been sent'. I'm tired, Aeri!" His tears stormed down when he yelled in anger as I didn't let go of his hands even a second.

"Jimin, I-"

"Aeri, please." He pleaded again, "I haven't see her in two years."

I gasped.

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): Sorry for late update. I hope you like it! Please leave a comment and don't forget to subscribe and upvote if you like :) Thank you and enjoy <3