THREE

Danger

The footsteps--noted, footsteps, more than one--approaching the place where I was standing at. I closed my eyes, shut them tightly, not opening them until I successfully wore my poker face mask. Feeling better and feeling I wore my mask well, I closed my locker. As I expected, I faced Jimin by the time my locker was closed. I jumped in purpose.

"What do you want?!" I took a deep breath exaggerately.

Jimin bursted into a laugh, "You're a scaredy cat."

I rolled my eyes, "Good. You're know that." Jimin blocked my way when I attempted to take a step away from him, "Move."

"No."

"Move, Jimin." I clenched my fist but let go immediately, I have to be patient.

"Make me."

I looked up and our face just an inch away, his nose barely touch mine. I cornered my eyes quickly and saw his fellow friends surrounding us. I stared back at Jimin, made sure to put innocent reflection through my eyes, otherwise he could see the true me or another me. Jimin smirked before he pulled himself away and walked away with purposely hit my shoulder.

 

The clock flashing on 4 p.m. and I hurriedly put everything inside my bag. Tap on my phone screen as I run towards school's front park. Tried to call Chanyeol before he pulled a car in front of me in a speed of light and I entered the passenger seat, put on my seat belt, made my hair into a ponytail, and flipped the documents scanned them until my mind could record it in less than 5 minutes.

"Alright, done. So he was basically asking me where the culprit who kidnapped his wife are."

Chanyeol nodded, "Yes. He's an influential CEO for this country."

"His wife had been kidnapped two days ago." I gapped and smirked, "He reported the situation quite quickly."

"Money can do everything."

"So he literally bribe us to put his case on our top priority?" I chuckled.

"Basically. He loves his wife so much."

"I see."

"We're here." By the time I put the documents inside my bag the car already parked, "Be careful. Call me when you're done." He kissed my forehead. This gesture is common between me and the rest of EXO. Remember, they took care of me for almost five years now, especially Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

"I will." I smiled.

 

I've been greeted by their front receptionist. Chanyeol was right, this was super fancy company. It wad writter 'Park Purple Co.'. Purple?  Seriously? I laughed inside as I reached floor 25. I stepped out and escorted to Mr. Park's room. His warmed smile made a thin line on his eyes, he's quitely comical but absolutely had charisma on his own way. He offered me a can of cold beverage but I declined politely, considering my place wasn't his guest.

"Can we straight to the point, Sir?"

He removed his glasses and wiped some visible sweat, "Of course, my dear. Sorry, what's your name again?"

"Lee Aeri, Sir. I hope you could put my identity by yourself."

"Of course, I've read the protocol. So, the kidnapper left this." He handed me a brown folder.

I opened them and scanned the three pieces of paper inside it. Tilted my head side by side tried to think what was the meaning behind the scrambled of this letters. Each of the paper had a number on the top right corner. The number are 1, 2, and 3. I assumed that was the order so I filed up the paper. The paper with number 1 on it I put at the top, 2 in the middle, 3 I put below the number 2. Mr. Park watched me really closely. Then I looked over the organized papers and scrambled letters:

P O O I Y

L S U M Z

B N F E G Y

"What's the meaning behind this letters?"

I watched the paper closely, "It was a code."

Mr. Park leaned backward and smile, "I know. That's why I called a cryptographer."

I ignored the offend words from Mr. Park as I thoughtvhard, closed my eyes, then popped them open before in hurry I expended my stupid pink book and started to write. By the time I wrote the letter 'P', I looked up and realised something when Mr. Park smiled and nodded.

"I'm sorry. I should've do this in my office." I closed my stupid pink book and gathered the papers, "I'll bring this to my office, Sir."

"Sure, my dear. Oh, and can you do me a favor?"

"Sure. What is it, Sir?" I asked him back.

"I see your uniform and I'm guessing you already know my son. The kidnapper left the note which easily I understand. It said, I should come to them at least two weeks from now or they will kill my entire family."

"Two weeks?!" I exclaimed in shock, "I'm sorry, Sir. You already wrote that on your documents but it's still surprising me."

He smiled, "Anyway, I see your uniform and I'm asking you to protect my son and if you can, you protect his friends also."

"I'm sorry, Sir. May I have your son's name?"

"Sure, Aeri. It's Park Jimin."

 

To be continued