TWO

Danger

I plopped down my body to the couch facedown, inhaled the good scent of newly baked garlic bread. Humming a few words with just earned a loud slap on my back. I turned my body to be faced by Kyungsoo who handed me a plate of garlic bread and five pieces of chicken nugget and spicy sauce beside it.

"You're really know me better, Mom." Sat up and start to dig on my dinner.

"First of all, I'm not your mom but it's okay for you to call me mom. Second, how the hell you come home this late?"

"Blame him!" I pointed my fork towards Chanyeol who now just grinning and grabbed three pieces of garlic bread, "He said he lost track on his GPS! My school isn't out of the country, for your information."

"I'm sorry, okay. I'm too preoccupied."

"With what?" Kyungsoo had a stern look at him, good my fairy god mother had my back now, I giggled.

"A building where Aeri will go tomorrow."

I almkst choked, "That's breaking the rule! I'm supposed to act alone!"

"You do act alone! I'm just- just-" Chanyeol stuttered confuse what should he say next.

"Worry?" I guessed and he nodded as I expected, "I'm 16. I'm mature enough."

"But this is your first time alone, Aeri."

"So what's about the building again?" Kyungsoo sat beside me handed me a tall cup of water while Chanyeol sat down just right beside my feet, his back on my face.

"Too fancy. I bet this Mr. Park have a really high influence and the case not as simple as we thought."

"Why you think like that?" I couldn't handle myself to not ask.

"Aeri." His back still facing me, "A high influence person wouldn't have a simple problem like one plus one equal two. This person might be have a problem more like-"

"2 log 3 plus square root of 0.76?" I mocking him and he nodded, "Chanyeol oppa. I-"

"I care about you, okay? So the rest of us. You've been included into every missions since 5 years ago when your parents died, with us. Noted, with us."

"I'm learning through all the missions I did with you guys. I'm learning."

"Yeah, still learning."

"But you gave me permission to do this alone, Oppa. As well as the rest of you. The nine of you clearly gave me permission to take this case by myself."

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo remained silent. The only sound was a laughter sound from television in front of us. I slowly understand what they thougt all along. They've been taking care of me since my parents passed away, help me went through hell, giving me a lesson to endure sadness and prevent my eyes from easily cry, be my strength when I had to clear my first case a day after my parents' funeral. Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and the rest of EXO--my mom insisted to give them that name--has been my best guardian angels, my parents, my brothers, and my family. I understand and slowly rested my head on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

Kyungsoo caressed my cheek, "Honey, believe us. Seeing you gasping for air was the last thing on our list. Yes, you've been trained, you have that skill, but seeing you out to battle field,its's too- too- dangerous."

"I know, I understand."

Chanyeol looked up, filling the seat on my other side, trapped me between his giant body and Kyungsoo's petite body--if compared to Chanyeol, not me--I snuggled my face inside Kyungsoo's neck while Chanyeol hugged my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

"We love you, don't misunderstood us." Chanyeol pleaded.

"I love you guys, too."

Suddenly the front door was forcely opened, we didn't bother to look at the back of us because the sound after indicated the rest of EXO member just entered into our apartment as Baekhyun the most noisy one shouted, "Are we playing a hug game now? Good! Chanyeol-ah hug me, please~" He whined in every overly cute way which made me let out a giggle.

"Stop! Stay away from me, Baek!"

"I know you love me too, Channie~!"

"Arrrgh! Stop it!"

And the 'Chanyeol running away from Baekhyun' session has begun.

 

To be continued