FIFTEEN THE FINALE

Danger

"A simple care will just bring you to make sure I'm okay, like maybe just observing me from afar. A simple care won't bring us to have a heart to heart conversation, or caressing my back, or comforting me. Even a simple care won't lead us to have a nearly-to-kiss conversation."

 

Yes a simple care wouldn't let me and Jimin became close this far, closer than before, closer than ever. A simple care wouldn't let me held Jimin's hand while he was sleeping on hospital bed. I caressed his hand until I felt a little movement from his fingers. As I looked up, his little puppy eyes were open. I moved my hand to his forehead and when he fully awoke to see me, who had his side for the past few days, he grabbed my hands and pulled me closer, he literally tried to hug me. I hugged him back when he mumbled something. I pulled from the hug to hear him spoke clearly.

"H- h- how?" He asked slowly, " I saw you, Aeri. Someone shot you and you were- were- I thought you- were dead."

I chuckled resting my hands on his cheek, "Bulletproof vest was invented for a reason, Jimin."

Flashback

My eyes remained shut as the pain slowly grew bigger, I didn't even bother to move because id I did the pain would hit my chest deeper. I couldn't hear anything but a buzzing sound. When the heat was decreased and the pain slowly fadrd away, I opened my eyes as I looked up and Chanyeol was smiling reached for my hand and handed me back my revolver. I ed my top shirt as I took off the bullet out from my bulletproof vest. Buttoned up again as I reached for Chanyeol's hand and stood up. When I glared to my right side, Jimin, Jimin's mother, and Jimin's six friends were nowherr to be found.

They already go.

So I picked up my revolver and joined back the gunshot war. I run towards the center of the room and hit one of the guard's face before put a bullet on his head. I aimed for his head since I knew, even though they were just a simple armed guards they must be wore a bulletproof vest each. So the only thing I could aim to was just their heads. My blood was visible from my mouth when I failed to avoid one of the guard's hit but then I shot his head before he even succeed to pull a trigger. I rolled down behind the wall to reload my revolver, but when I stood up a gun was already pointed to my head. I cornered my eyes to see Mr. Park was the one who holding the gun.

"So, any last word before hell greet you, Lee Aeri?"

Without him knowing and feeling I actually already pointed my gun on Mr. Park's stomach as I felt he didn't wear a bulletproof vest, "Greet the almighty Mr. Park first." I smirked pulling the trigger.

Bang!

A loud fired sound was echoing the whole hallway, the room, even the whole building as I silently mumbled a 'sorry' more to Jimin and Mrs. Park when I saw Mr. Park fell on his back as the blood slowly visible and came out from his stomach. I bent down and touched his neck to make sure he was already dead before entered the room again and joined the gunshot battle again.

We left the building in victory and full team, minus Kyungsoo and Xiumin who guarded Jimin, Jimin's mother, and Jimin's six friends who already left and headed to Daegu since his mother run out of blood. We couldn't take a risk by staying here and chose Busan hospital, afraid if the other Mr. Park's guards would hunt them down, so they took them to Daegu hospital since it was just took an hour's drive. Later I knew, Jimin's left arm was shot and he was also run out of blood so they warned me to not worry because Jimin would be fine.

End of flashback

I entered Jimin's mother room when I saw her half asleep and half awake. She was still beautiful even with the scars on her face. I was about to take a step backward leaving her room before she was waving signaled me to sit beside her as she tapped the bed beside her. So, I actually a lucky girl eventually, I could see her warm smile live. As I took a seat beside her, she took my hands and caressed it slowly.

"Dear, I can't say anything but thank you." She smiled.

"Mrs. Park, I-"

"Please." She cut me off, "Call me by my original surname. It's Lim."

"Alright, Mrs. Lim. I've been orderes to save you and Jimin."

"Yes, but that was my former husband's order. You still did the right thing even your client was actually at the wrong side."

"I'm old enough to differentiate between right and wrong, Mrs. Lim."

"Sure, dear. But still, thank you."

"My pleasure, Mrs. Lim."

 

The rest of EXO were alternately keeping Mrs. Lim company as I, as usual, took my favorite spot at every multi-stories building, the rooftop. I embrace the nice air on my second week here at Daegu. I left my school, because as much as I love my job and cryprographic world, I shouldn't leave my school behind. I let out my stupid pink book and tried to break the third code even my mission was clear.

With my usual move I wrote down everything based on the methods which the next 30 minutes I found the plaintext, "Typhon." I smirked. So the original plaintext from all three ciphertexts were actually Daegu, where Mr. Park made sure that I followed his order and also followed the codes. The second ciphertext was Busan, where Mr. Park put the hostage while the third ciphertext was Typhon, which I couldn't find any better reason beside Mr. Park's company.

"You're really challenging the death, aren't you?"

I looked over my shoulder and there were walking towards me the fragile Jimin who was wrapped out by hospital clothes and a thick  jacket, "I wasn't sitting at the edge this time." I said as he stood up beside me and rested his elbow on the fence, "How's your left hand?"

"Thankfully the bullet didn't get too deep on my hand. So, nothing was seriously injured. I still can hug you now." He opened wide his hands which he closed it again as I laughed.

"You will go back to Seoul in no time." I smiled as I scanned his side profile while he looked afar to the front city view.

"I'll stay with my mom at my apartment. We'll start all from the beginning." He smiled.

"That's a good start, Jimin." I tapped his back slightly.

He nodded smiling, "I know. Thanks to you." He paused a bit before stared at me, "Hey, Aeri. Can I ask you something?"

"What?" I stared him back.

"Mind if I- well me and my friends join you?" He asked hesitantly.

"Join?" I asked him back in confusion.

"That." He pointed my stupid pink book, "The break codes thing, fighting thing. We know this isn't a simple request, but we're willing to learn." He gave me a reassuring smile.

"Jimin, that's too dangerous and required something like-"

"Brain?" He cut me off smirking, "I'm not that stupid. Strength? Don't you see this muscles and abs?" He pointed his arms and his stomach.

I laughed, "Have you ask your mother?"

He nodded, "She said, whatever I wanna do just do bur always take care of myself. So I did and she said yes."

I nodded, "Fine. I'll tell Suho oppa."

"Can you just let us in?"

"He's the leader."

"But you're the owner's daughter."

I chuckled, "Still, I have to be professional."

"Can't you just make an exception for your boyfriend?"

I frowned in shock, "Who's saying that you're my boyfriend?"

He chuckled smirking, "I'm not talking about myself." He stared at me who now tried to hide my burning and blushing cheek, "You're cute when you fluttered."

I laughed and hit his uninjuries arm, "Jerk!"

He chuckled, "Alright, I'm sorry. Thank you for considering me, Miss Lee."

"Yeah, whatever."

He laughed, "Aeri, remember when you asked me about Daegu? Was it mean something to me?"

I thought a bit before I nodded, "Yeah, why?"

"I answered back then that Daegu doesn't mean something to me, but actually Daegu mean something for me right now."

"Really? What's that?" I asked him in curious.

"Place where I have my first kiss."

I smiled bitterly and forcefully, "With who?"

He suddenly leaned closer and captured my lips. His lips were lingering on mine for a few good seconds which I felt like an hour long before he pulled and stared right into my eyes, "You."

I opened my eyes wide before es my dry lips without me realising as Jimin laughed at my action. I looked down to hide my embarrassment. He lifted my chin up so I was facing him as he smiled and brushed my cheek, "Thank you, Aeri. For coming to my life."

"Yeah, thank for bullied me back then." I slapped his hands playfully.

He laughed before he gave me his sweetest back hug amd whispered, "How can I bullying my girlfriend?"

"Who are you talking about right now?"

He laughed louder, "Oh my God. It's you, Aeri. You." He kissed my cheek before tighten his hug.

 

THE END

 

(A/N): What do you think about the ending? Should I make an epilogue or I leave the story like this? Please let me know by give me your suggestion on the comment. Oh, and also should I add another chapter to explain how Aeri and Baekhyun broke the code? Again, please leave your suggestion or question--if you want to ask me something--on the comment below. Thank you for reading my story, upvote if you like. Have a good day, my dear readers <3