TWELVE

Danger

The sky as if it knew what we feel was raining. Soaked everything outside as we hurriedly put our backpacks to the back of the car trunk. Confusion, anger, scare, were mixed. The note was indicated something, someone was already inside the house all along and we have our life in jeopardy while we were staying there. We never knew where this would lead us. As far as I knew there were no more we could search here in Daegu, since the note was found inside the house and encouraging us to do everything five times faster.

Did they spying on us after all this time? But before that, why did they do that? Wasn't Mr. Park is their target? Or Jimin? Did I do something wrong by brought Jimin all the way here? He was the one who wanted to go along anyway. But I have to protect him, but how- God! This was just frustrating! I nearly screamed when I entered the car and Seokjin was sober enough to drive. I started to open my stupid pink book as Baekhyun did the same with his book and Chanyeol helping him. Kyungsoo and Suho also did the same as well. We were heading to Busan along with the raising sun.

I used to admire when the sun started to rise, gave us light and shined the world. But now, it was just a simple light and I didn't even bother to take a small glance when the sun revealed itself from east. I was too absorbed with papers, numbers, and letters. Dying to help someone's life and ending all of this for good. I groaned when I found a dead end which also mean I had to start all over again.

Seokjin was driving so fast and it was only took an hour for us to arrive at Busan. It was 6.00 a.m. when we entered Busan city limit. I had a phone call from Xiumin, telling me that Jungkook has a house here in Busan. But from what we already experienced when we stayed at Yoongi's place, I quickly denied and they agreed eventually. We finally decided to take a risk, rent a hotel room. Yes, you read it right, one room for 17 people. We couldn't be separated anymore as the threaten attacked frequently without a pause.

Suho volunteered his credit card as he paid for one suite room. The receptionist definitely had a lot of questions in her head but she decided to swallow down since Kai stared at her sharply because he had a sleepless day. For your information, Kai's eyes will turn red if he has one sleepless day, so just imagine how fearful he was.

"Let us sleep first please, Aeri!" Kai shouted as he took a good position of lying down and grabbed one of the two pillows.

"Alright, just sleep. I haven't broke the third code anyway, so maybe we'll start tomorrow."

"Thank you!" Kai exclaimed and the next thing I knew was his big loud snore.

"That guy has a serious snore problem. He can beat mine." Namjoon whispered which Yoongi nodded in agreement.

My eyes were heavy too due to the lack of sleep and too much brain activity for the past few hours, but I couldn't stop. I shouldn't stop. When everyobe were sleeping, I took all of required equipment to my favorite spot at every multi-stories building, the rooftop. Strong wind didn't bother me at all as I took a seat at the edge of the building, hung my foot feeling a little bit better when I looked down towards the street. I sat athe place where if someone pushed me real hard, I would easily hit the ground and die. But considering there were no one beside me, I thought I had a little longer life.

"Are just challenging the death by sitting down there?"

I looked over my shoulder and saw the sleepless Jimub walked closer with his hands inside his pocket prevented the coldness. His black hair was swinging. Thank you wind, you just revealed the handsome side of Jimin.

"Are you just challenging the tiredness by not getting some sleep?" I mocked him as he took a seat beside me, "Oh, so you're challenging the death too now?"

He chuckled. He took a glance a little towards my stupid pink book and looked away when he knew I was staring at his face too. His swollen eyez even more visible. I caressed his back and he just let out a deep sigh.

"Are you okay, Jimin?"

"Should I be okay, Aeri?"

"No." I smiled as I took off my hand from his back but he grabbed it immediately.

"Don't stop." He looked at me, "Please?"

"Okay." I scooted closer as I caressed his back again.

"It's strange." He looked up to the sky, "This is my hometown but I'm not really feel at home when I saw the city limit. Even I don't know where are we now."

"Busan." I smiled.

He nodded, "Well, isn't that obvious?"

"Jimin, I'll try."

"You have tried everything, I've seen enough and that was making me feel even worse. You should stop it now."

"We're here now, Jimin. One step closer."

"Do you even know it was one more step or more than one step?"

"Let's hope it will be one more step instead of more than one step." I smiled bitterly.

"Aeri."

"Yeah?"

"Beside your job and duty, is there another reason you can tell me why you're saving my life?"

"I care about you." I answered immediately.

He smiled, "A simple care will just bring you to make sure I'm okay, like maybe just observing me from afar." He smiled again, "A simple care won't bring us to have a heart to heart conversation, or caressing my back, or comforting me. Even a simple care won't lead us to have a nearly-kiss conversation." He chuckled.

"Jimin." I couldn't hide my blushing face.

"You're cute when you fluttered."

"Jimin, please stop." I nearly laugh.

"I will stop but let me stay here for awhile, okay?"

"Are you sure you don't want to have some sleep? You'll become a panda in no time."

"Everytime I close my eyes, a picture of my mother earlier popped out. So-"

"You couldn't sleep."

He nodded, "Even if I want to."

I sighed before stood up and asked for his hand. He looked up and asked me what, "Let's go grab some coffee downstair."

"Coffee?"

"At least a cafein will help you stay awake without getting tired."

 

I opened my eyes and fully awake to realise I was sleeping for the second tine above on coffee table. I glanced over my shoulder to find everyobe were sleeping so soundly. It was past midnight. The papers were everywhere in front of me. I yawned as I grabbed my cellphone and my jacket before went out the room. Didn't forget to put my hoddie on, I walked downstair.

I decided to take some fresh air after long hours of stay awake, twenty seven cups of coffee, and too much of brain activities. I stretched my neck as I felt a little bit better when midnight air hit my cheek. Cold, it was cold but the coldness was all that I needed now. I walked downtown to make sure glanced over time on my cellphone in case someone call me. I read the street sigb twice before made a quick turn left and walked down the empty path surrounded by trees and bushes.

1.45 a.m.

I stopped in front of the only building which clearly abandoned for years. There were just a silent and darkness when I took a step entered the building. The building was just one floor but was broad. I entered the building which was more appropriate to be called as the warehouse. It was different from the last time I saw it.

There were no windows and doors anymore. Turnes right one more time before I stopped in front of a used to be room. Stared at the corner for one good minute before let the tears came down. That was the corner where I found my parents' dead body five years ago. I could still picture them lying there and a few of horror images popped out of the blue.

Before I could make a turn back to leave the room, someone already grabbed my hand and dragged me along the hallway, entering the darkness even deeper. I gasped and felt a sting pain when that person pushed me and cornered me. For the first time I thought that was my last time, but the odd thing was that person mumbled a 'sorry' when knew I was in pain and another odd thing was I recognized the voice, way too familiar.

"What are you doing here?" The person asked. I opened my eyes and saw a familiar pair of eyes.

"Jimin?" I squinted my eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the one who should ask you. This is my father's property."

"Pardon me?"

 

To be continued

 

(A/N): How do you guys think so far? I really hope you all enjoying my story and please wait for my next update. Please leave a comment, subscribe if you want to keep up with the update, and upvote if you like. Thank you for reading my story, have a good day <3