FOUR

Danger

Thunderstorm revealed its sound as I walked down the hallway. Horror side of my school definitely showing up today. Even if it just 5 p.m. but the sky already showed up as if now 9 p.m. The hallway seemed a little darker than usual and rain was getting ready to pour down. Before I successfully made my turn towards the exit door, I heard someone screamed from afar. I thought that was just my imagination but then I heard the scream getting louder. I turned back as I run following the sound.

I stopped in front of a classroom where I could hear the scream pretty clear. I tried to open the door but its knob seemed a little stuck. I had no choice, so I pushed the door with my shoulder and the door opened immediately. But before I could clearly see what happening, my vision blurred. My eyes got blurred by a bucket of white flour which being put above the door. I swallowed hard my saliva to hold back my anger as I heard a familiar laugh voice, Jimin and the kids.

"Oh my God!" Jimin bursted into a big laugh staring at me with white flour all over my body, "This is just funny!" The rest of his kids clapped their hands and even Hoseok got down on the floor with laughter filling up the room.

"." I mumbled under my breath, no one could hear. He supposed to be one out of seven people I have to protect, but he was actually just a little piece of who gain his pleasure by torturing me.

"This is judt the best idea I have so far!" He laughed louder.

I sighed. He's a boy whom I supposed to protect after all so I thought maybe I should let him slide this time, "Are you done, Jimin?" I said without even bother to get a rid of flour over my head and blocked my view.

Jimin just kept laughing, "Oh my God! Oh Lord! You're just funny, even funnier when you talk."

It took me a very good minute to realise that the one who screamed like calling for help earlier was belong to Jimin. He was the one from the group who can make a high pitch sound and sounded like a girl, I can clearly hear thet from the way he laugh. Then something hit me once again, did he actually know his mother was being kidnapped? I asked inside my heart as my eyes looked directly to his.

"Jimin." I called slowly.

"What?" He tried to say between the laugh.

"Are you done?"

"Yeah, for today." He finally made himself together, "Not forever though."

I hissed, "Good. Bye." I said in a very very very flat tone before turning back and walked out.

Chanyeol waited for me at the front park area and suddenly he bursted into laugh, he even bent down because he couldn't hold back his laughter, "Are you happy?"

"God, Aeri!" He laughed again, "What's happening?!" Still laugh.

"My little prince whom I should protect, made me look like a snowball." I sighed when I looked over Chanyeol who was still laughing, "Can we go home now?"

"Sure, sweetie. I'm sorry. Get inside."

 

"My goodness!" Kyungsoo shouted by the time I entered my apartment, "Bath! Now!"

"Yes, Mom." I walked lazily towards my bathroom.

"Who made she like that?!"

"His prince." Chanyeol answered.

"And you just laughing, Chanyeol?"

"What? What am I supposed to do then? Give her a bath in the middle of the road?"

"No! I mean talk to him, that little bastard. I just can't stand seeing her become his target. She's my daughter."

"Wow, your motherly sense come out real hard, Kyungsoo."

"Shut up."

I just smiled hearing Chanyeol and Kyungsoo conversation. Really, I had to endure everything about Jimin. Maybe I should keep him bullying me everyday. Yeah, of course maybe that's the best way of it. Because if he keep bullying me, meaning I'm able to see him, and when I'm able to see him, meaning he's alright and fine. I should protect him anyway by keeping him to torture me.

After a nice warm shower I rested my on my study chair and opened up the brown file from yesterday, ready to write down everything on my stupid pink book. I don't know, I kinda like how Jimin called this book, 'Stupid Pink Book'. He just doesn't know yet how this book could do to save his .

First, I wrote down the scrambled letter from first paper, P O O I Y.

"P O O I Y?" I repeated the letters over and over again but same result always came out. The result was nothing.

I groaned. Took a little walk around my bedroom until I realised it was almost 2 in the morning. What? I didn't solve this for almost 8 hours? It was just a group of letters not a- wait a minute. I opened my study table drawer and pulled out a picture. It was my parents dead body picture. Go ahead, say I'm crazy, but I found something in common with this picture and the paper Mr. Park gave to me.

"P O O I Y? Is this something like abbreviation? Or this is a real code?"

The random letters on my parents dead body picture wasn't an abbrrviation it was a real code using three kinds of codeword methods. They are Atbash Code, Caesar Code, and Polialphabet Code. Those methods are actually very familiar among us as cryptographer and simple actually, but when we faced the real ciphertext--the code--we also faced a hard way to turn it to plaintext--answer of the code--.

I tried to broke the ciphertext with one of each method but I faced the dead end immediately. I ruffled my hair, there a possibility the culprit made this ciphertext with a combination of two or even three methods at once. There were a lot of possibility. One thing that I always say when I faced something like this was hard, but when I realised I also have to protect one of my biggest enemy at school, I chaned the 'hard' to-

"Ridiculous."

 

To be continued

 

 

 

(A/N): Dear readers, I'm so sorry for making BTS' attitude seems terrible here, but I promise you something different in next update, so make sure to read them! Oh and also, if you want to know more about the methods to create ciphertext, just say in the comment. I will add one chapter at the end to explain you how to make a ciphertext from the three methods that have been mentioned, as well as how Aeri broke the code. So, let me know and enjoy <3 Thank you for reading my story, don't forget to subscribe and upvote <3