ELEVEN

Danger

"Give it to me, Jimin." I said. He stared blankly as I lead him to sit dowm and calm him down.

The picture was surprising me and Jimin, not only because it suddenly popped out under the door but also because of the picture itself. So, Jimin's mother was really being kidnapped and even tortured her, seeingfrom her scars and torn clothes.

Jimin was sweating like crazy, his palm was wet, and his eyes were looked like he was being possessed by something unknown, but his body remained still even a little trembling and shaking. He couldn't make any sound, just a heavy breath was all that I could hear. He grabbed my hands suddenly asking for help, but his eyes remained blank. I confused with all these before I saw a picture of padlock and handwritting was written under the padlock. It was written:

8-21/21-8-8/8-23/21

Youngshin High

Another code?

Jimin caught my eyes scanned on the numbers, "Aeri." I turned my head to face him and signaled him a 'what', "The numbers. What's that mean?" He asked me with his shaking voice.

Despite of being scared and afraid after looked at the picture of his own mother, he tried real hard to stay calm. Either he really want to help me so he hid his afraidness--which actually I could see that clearly--or he wanted to train himself to be strong. I nodded in respon and what he could do was just sigh and leaned back before he covered his face. He wanted to cry but no tears coming out from his eyes.

Without hesitation I circled my hands around his neck and shoulder, hugged him. He burried his face inside my neck and stayed there for awhile until I felt something wet dropped on my shoulder. So, he was crying. I moved my hand slowly to caressed his head. He tighten his hands around my waist, his body was shaking.

"It's too much." He said between sob.

"I know."

We stayed in that state for a quite long before he pulled out and looked down towards the picture again. I was ready to grab it but Jimin grabbed it fast. He cornered his eyes to the group of numbers. He thought hard then he read the words under it.

"Youngshin High? Isn't that a school?"

"Yeah, I think so." I stared at him to make sure he was okay.

"Is that another meaning we should go there?"

"I think that, too."

"I'll call everybody up."

I grabbed Jimin's hand when he was ready to stand up, "No, you don't have to. I think it will be safe if just me-"

"Then I'll go to."

"Jimin I-"

"Come on!"

 

We arrived at the questioned school in no time. It was quite odd since we realised it was past midnight when we stepped out from car. But before we could turn back to go inside the car I spotted the unlock gate and stopped Jimin to grab the steering wheel. I pointed to the gate and Jimin hurriedly hopped out and left the car outside. I made sure to look around since I was afraid it was just a bait.

We entered the school safely without injury, that was just mean something, no one was following us. As I opened the front door, which was strangely unlocked, we tiptoed to the hall. There were nothing but two rows of lockers, one in right side and nother was in left side. I saw the picture again and saw a padlock. I searched for any padlock but I couldn't find one before Jimin whispered a good idea.

"The only thing which has a padlock here is just this group of lockers." He said.

My eyes traveled down and stopped when I saw a padlock on each locker. Jimin was right. So I moved closer slowly to the lockers and looked at the padlock. The padlock was locked--obviously--and it has four squares in front of it which indicate the padlock could be opened by four digits number. I saw the picture again.

"It was written more than four numbers." I mumbled to myself but loud enough for Jimin to hear because now he had his eyes on the picture too, cringed a little when he spotted his mother's condition, "Oh, wait." I gasped in surprise made Jimin jumped.

I let out my stupid pink book and a pen, I bent down as well as Jimin. I was quite strange because the numbers were written along with striped and slashes. I turned the numbers into its fit alphabet and this was what I got :

8-21/21-8-8/8-23/21

I-V/V-I-I/I-X/V

This couldn't be?

As I thought hard with half disbelief because it was the simplest way of coding, I continued to write anyway. I felt a little goosebumps so I looked back, then it hit me. It was just Jimin's hand rested on my back. Did his involuntary movement just made me creeps? Threw away the thoughts, I just let his hand placed on my back as I wrote down the letters with get rid of the stripes, so I got:

IV/VII/IX/V

I squinted before I opened my eyes wide, "It's roman numerals!" I almost exclaimed as Jimin stood up immediately.

"What's the number again?" He asked as he grabned the padlock ready to turn its square.

"Four, seven, nine, five." I said with high hope but Jimin face suddenly dropped.

"Not working."

"Tru to the other lockers." I stood up and did what Jimin do with another row of lockers.

We did to almost ten lockers when Jimin's eleventh padlock wad made a click sound really loud indicating the padlock was open. I was right, so I turned my body to see if the padlock was opened.

"It's open." Jimin whispered. I nodded as I pulled the locker open.

Our vision was blocked with a bunch of papers came down crashed our face by the time we opened the locker. I couldn't count the papers but it must be more than a hundred of papers since the crash leaving a pain and sting sensation on my face. I took a step back as well as Jimin. We gasped in surprise. We shocked not by how many the papers were but with the picture on every single piece of paper. It was the same as what we received earlier back in Yoongi's house but without the handwritting codes and a symbol of padlock.

"What the hell is it?" Jimin shocked as his eyes stared shockly towards the mountain of papers.

"I have no idea, but it must be mean something."

I looked around, it was nothing but emptiness. Silently I hope someone came out and explain what happened right now even if that was my last chance to life. But there were no signs of human whatsoever.

"There were no more codes around here." Jimin said as he gathered the cluttering papers.

I helped him then brought all tha papers to the car. I entered the passenger seat, while I put on my seatbelt it feels like someone was watching us. But I always ended up found no one when I looked over my shoulder. Jimin did the same even he didn't know what actually I was doing.

I could see Kyungsoo stood up at the front porch and stormed out the gate when he saw our car slowly approaching. I help up my hands when I hopped out from the car but Kyungsoo was already yelled, "I know something is wrong." Kyungsoo said.

"What?" I asked him in confusion.

"I found this at the kitchen counter." Kyungsoo handed me a piece of note which was saying:

From what I see, we can reduce two weeks into one week.

Thank you for your hardwork.

 

 

To be continued