SIX

Danger

His apartment was three times bigger than mine. Extremely tidy and neat for a teenage boy like him. I'm not gonna lie, I've been captivated by the cleanless of his apartment. Jimin clearly caught my admire look on his apartment but maybe he was too scared to brag about how big, how clean, how fancy, and how expensive his apartment was.

The awkward and tensed air grew up faster than usual, because just a silent hovered over us. I wanted to tell everyone what was actually going on, but I could see the fearness still on everyone's eyes, because the fear reflected and could be seen. I wrote down my cellphone number on a piece of paper and handed it to Yoongi who was standing beside me and he was the one who seemed more relaxed than everyone here.

"Call me if something happen. I'm going home. I'll promise you to tell everything later. Now isn't the right time, I think."

He grabbed the paper and nodded, "You owe us an explanation."

"Yeah. Well, take care."

I made sure to take a last glance on Jimin. His face was mixed of confuse, fear, anger, and sad. I saw that for the first time and felt really bad. He seemed didn't know anything yet, but he had to suffer this much. This incident might be just a single fired of revolver, but you'll never know what a single bullet could do when it run through your body. It could ruin your life, both mentally and phsycally, or even death.

 

By the time I opened the apartment door, the first thing I caught was Baekhyun in his natural behavior, clingy with almost every breathing thing in the room. EXO was gathered around in my apartment since it was Friday. Chanyeol and Kai wasn't home yet, I guessed some papers and documents held their weekend happiness.

"Do I have to scold you everytime you come home late?" Kyungsoo yelled when he saw me entered the apartment. He already say a next sentences before I could explain what happening, "Wash up! I'll make you dinner."

"Yes, Mom."

 

I ate my dinner silently despite of how crowded my apartment was. Caught my silent attitude, my fluffy ball of sunshine approached me and pinched my nose lightly.

"You know, when you sad your uneaten food, they would sad too." Baekhyun said playfully. Inside his cheerful and overly cute attitude, actually he's one of the cleverest cryptographer among us. He's damn smart, but clingy.

"Oppa, I need your help."

"Love advice?"

I almost choked, "That was something I would ask you if you were the one who stay alive and everyone ready died." I smacked his hands.

"Okay." He laughed, "About what?"

"Ciphertext."

"Umm~" he pouted cutely. I couldn't stand to not pinch his cheek but I decided to not to do that, "I won't do that for free, though."

I sighed, "I'll get you everything you want."

"For real?"

"Name it." I challenged.

"Chanyeol's five yeard old photo."

"What?! Where the hell I can have that?"

"Dunno~" He laughed and tried to dodge my other smack, "Fine, fine. I'll do it."

"And I actuallt have something to tell you, but better if we wait for Chanyeol oppa and Kai oppa."

"Okay. Finish your dinner and don't space out! I'll send a UFO if you're spacing out again."

"I'm not!" I threw him my one piece of french fries and Kyungsoo stared at me angrily.

"Eat! Don't play with your food!"

I noddrd bitterly, "Yes, Mom." But giggled right after.

5 minutes after I finished wash my plate and fork, Chanyeol and Kai was welcomed by the rest of EXO, and Baekhyun gave Chanyeol his big hug. He didn't bug this time, though. He even hugged Baekhyun back. How funny they were especially with that heigh difference, just cute.

"So, my Oppas. I have something to tell you." They gathered around with me sat between Kyungsoo and Suho, "Earlier this afternoon someone was trying to shoot Jimin. Literally shoot with gunshot." I even made a gun with my hands.

Everyone put on their confused and worried look. Tried to ask me something but Chanyeol already talked incessantly, "I knew it was happening! I knew it! my jobs! Oh my f-"

"Channie~" Baekhyun whined, "No curse. She's still underage." I surprised with the calmness of Baekhyun's tone.

"Right, sorry." He inhaled, "So, what happened next?"

"Long short story, I drove Namjoon's van and-"

"You drive?!" 

"It's not the right time to scold her, Kyungsoo. Just let her explain." Suho cut Kyungsoo off, "Go on." Suho signaled me to continue.

"Okay. Anyway, I drove Namjoon's van after made sure no one was following. I drove to Jimin's house, since no one know the address beside his family and his friends, of course. So I thought that was a safe place for them. But right now, I confused. What should I do next? What am I supposed to say when they ask for explanation? I haven't break any codes! Meanwhile two weeks- God! Two weeks will fly like a flash!"

Suho put his hands on my shoulder after my panic act, "You have us, remember? We are a team. Although this case was actually earmarked for yourself, but we are here still get your back. Alright, sweetie pie?" I nodded between panted, "Stop panicking. You'll never break the codes if you didn't relax. Don't panic, remain calm, don't mind the time but give your best."

"Suho hyung was right, dude." Sehun patted my shoulder. He was the only one who called me 'dude' and I was the only one who called him 'hyung', instead of 'oppa'.

"Yeah, I know. But I don't want Jimin to experience the same thing as me." I paused and caught everyone sad eyes, "I was running too late that time and what did I get? My parents' dead body."

 

To be continue

 

(A/N): I think it will be a long chapters so bear with me okay? Don't forget to subscribe and upvote. Oh and please leave some comments too <3 Thank you for reading my story. Will update soon <3