FOURTEEN

Danger

"Can we straight to the point, Sir?"

"Of course, young lady. Sorry, what's your name again?"

"Lee Aeri, Sir. I hope you could put my identity by yourself."

 

The first thing which came out in my mind when I saw Mr. Park was, I revealed my true identity as a double life human being, an ordinary 16 years old teenage girl and a too early formes cryptographer, to the one and only real suspect from my case. Surprised? Beyond surprised. Unbelieveable? You can tell. But top of that was I really shouldn't judge a book from its cover. Once I thought about serious sense of humor owned by Mr. Park, now? 100% changed, 360 degrees changed. The man who was sitting there with a cellphone in his hands and a loud laugh which made his eyes formed a thin line, wasn't Mr. Park I knew.

As I was spacing out I couldn't hear what Jimin was saying. He nugged on my shoulder and when I faced him the first I saw wasn't Jimin's face, but one of the two guards. I searched Jimin everywhere, then I saw him being gripped forcefully by another guard. The nearest guard took me by my shoulder. We were being dragged in not humanly way inside the room and when I met Mr. Park's eyes he didn't flinch or surprise, but he was smiling. He turned off the cellphone before threw it to the nearest table and signaled the two guards to tie up our hands and forcefully being pulled down on our knees.

"Hi, Lee Aeri isn't it?" He asked. I gave him a stern look instead of answering his question, "Oh, that look was different when we met at our office."

"Dad." Suddenly Jimin called him.

Mr. Park turned his head towards the pity Jimin, "Oh, my son. How are you doing?"

"How are you doing?" I copied him in a mocking tone, "Is that you all can say to your son after what you did to his mother?"

He smirked, "Lee Aeri. Oh my dear Lee Aeri. You don't know anything yet, do you? I'm more than willing to tell you the whole story."

"Story? What story?" I said as if I spitted something on him.

He took a seat on his earlier chair, "Once upon a time, I took a same college as three of my bestfriends who one of them become my wife. Oh, you haven't meet my wife, have you? There, someone right there." He pointed merciless towards his wife who now had her face up and cried when she saw Jimin.

I turned to face Jimin who now formed a tears under his eyes, "Go on, Park." I said towards Mr. Park. I didn't have any intention to address him formally or in a good way since I knew how evil he was.

He raised his eyebrows before he started, "Okay. Once upon a time, I had three bestfriends, Lim Gaeun who's now become Park Gaeun, my lovely beautiful wife, then Lee Kangdan and Kim Yuri or maybe you know her as Lee Yuri?"

"What?!" So my parents were his besrfriend?

He laughed, "That was the face I expected. So let's say, the four of us grew up togetger and shared the same interest on cryptography. We communicated through codes, numbers, and letters, or even some pictures. Kangsan and I had the same goal, have an organization and company as a professional cryptographer to help people. But the difference between me and your father were, he really wanted to help people meanwhile I, let's just say, money oriented. Money is everything to me." He said proudly, "Then, of course people prefer on something free. That's why your parents' organization which later became a big company more successful than mine. If in a month I have one case, he would have five cases. Strangely, their activities always success and produced more money than me. Meanwhile I always ended up at the very back of the list. So, I built Typhon as a cover of my spying activity over your parents. Turns out, Typhon became their competitor because of our 'black' job. Once their company collapsed, I hunted them down and kidnapped them before I sent you our codes. They said they have nine people in a main team, so I just wanted to give you the codes since I knew you'll never be able to break it because you were only eleven back then. After I sent the codes, I gave you one month to break that, but you were late for a day. So, I killed them." He ended the story with a proud smile while I was staring at him in disgusted.

"So you are the murderer of my parents."

"Of course!" He exclaimed and clapped his hands, "I was doing good wasn't I? I tell you, give some police officers a million dollars each, they will zip up their mouth." He whispered in mocking way then he laughed again feeling satisfied.

"Then why you hunt me down? Torture your wife and son?"

"I thought when I killed your parents, their organization and their company will stop. So I left Busan and moved to Seoul. But then, a few months later I've been told that Lee Aeri the heir of Lee's organization and company has reopened the company by finishing some cases. It was just wow, Aeri." He laughed mockingly, "I've been fooled by a teenage girl. So I was set this all up and of course make my wife as a victim will gain your trust easily. I hate her by the way, since she knew about my intention to bring your parents' company down, she hated me. Even she wanted to take Jimin, my only heir, away from me. That's why I separated them, so Jimin won't have any dirty minds towards me. Anyway, I ask you to protect Jimin so you'll always with Jimin because I keep an eye on you through Jimin. He doesn't know anything, though." My eyes were wide open in disbelief meanwhile he was just laughing, "I even know when you were fearlessly entering this building. You have brothe the third code, huh?"

"I haven't."

"Wow, so you were here without expecting me?"

"What the third code anyway?"

"Break yourself, don't ask me. What an unprofessional of you, young lady." He smirked.

"You're also the one who gave us Jimin's picture back at Yoongi's place, aren't you?"

He clapped his hands, "I gave a renovation on Yoongi's house with a reason. I put security cameras and my guy was there too when you stayed there."

I nodded and my instinct was right all the time, "What do you want?"

"Simply killing you with my own hands or if I'm lucky killing your entire squad too and ending your company once for good."

I smirked, "Are you sure?"

"Why don't I?"

"Can I ask you a question?" I spoke in the calmest tone ever.

"Go ahead."

"Have you ever felt guilty for killing this people?" I referred 'people' to my parents.

"Why should I? I don't even know them." He was on his denial stage that he WAS my parents' bestfriend.

"So it would be more difficult if you know them?"

"No. It would be more difficult if they know me."

"My parents know you."

"Yeah, but not the real me. See, you don't judge a book from its cover, young lady." He chuckled, "From my rule, you can't kill me since I know you really well."

I laughed, "That's our difference, Park. I don't have any kind of rules as you."

"Oh yeah?" He laughed.

I nodded, "Because, it's more difficult for me to kill someone if my parents were still alive." I said and he was just staring at me, "So there's no one hold me back."

He laughed eventually, "Yeah, like you're gonna killing me right now. You have no skill whatsoever. You're just an ordinary 16 years old teenage girl-"

"With 5 years training to survive and to kill people." I said before I stood up with both of my hands free and grabbed a revolver. I bait him to talk as much as possible as I tried to let go from the rope which tied me up earlier and grabbed my revolver which I put behind my back. I pointed the revolver towards Mr. Park and didn't even bug when the guards pointed their gun on my head, "Any last word before hell greet you, Park?"

I pulled the trigger.

Bang!

I was fast enough to duck down after I pulled the trigger which missed by an inch from Mr. Park's head. If I didn't duck down in time, maybe I already died because the guards also tried to shoot me. I grabbed Jimin as I run towards anothrr door but the guards were quick enough to block our way and had a gun pointed to me and Jimin. As they ready to shoot another bullet they were already down with a hole on their each chest.

The guards fell down in front me, revealed Chanyeol and Sehun with their revolver up. They just shot the guards down from the guards' back and they greeted me with their signature grin as I looked around me, EXO were surrounding us as well as Jimin's friends who now grabbed Jimin to walk out from the room. Mr. Park turns out called another guards, they were 15 people and stood up circling us with guns ready to shoot.

"Jimin go!" I pushed Jimin go with their friends as the war began and I fired twice towards the guards who were standing behind me.

"No, I won't leave her and you! I promised you to net let go of your hands!"

"Now I ordered you, Jimin! Let me go, let me go!" I fired once to Chanyeol's back where one of the guard stood, "It's dangerous here! Kyungsoo and Xiumin would lead you guys out of here! Now go!"

"No!" Jimin run towards his crying mother and I followed to cover him up as one of the guard, without me knowing, spotted my weak position and fired once right through my chest.

I fell down and felt a sting on my chest when Jimin almost got his mother. I mumbled a 'go' before a burning sensation felt too strong at my chest and my heavy eyes couldn"t take it anymore. I closed my eyes.

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): This was too much and pardon me for lack of Jimin. Anyway, I hope you like the update and I will update the next chapters soon. Will it be end soon or not? Just wait ;) Have a good you for you all my dear readers <3