||Surprise||

||Until The Last Breath||

BAEKHYUN'S POV

The next day Chanyeol woke up quite early.
I was still awake.
He looked at me and made a little smile, I did the same and woke up.
We went downstair and he ate breakfast.
I didn't cause I wasn't hungry at all.
When he finished we went to the hospital again, because Chanyeol wanted to talk with his father.

When we arrived we went to his room.
He was awake and looked at his son with bright eyes.

Chanyeol went to him and they hugged each other, they cried a little.

The man told Channy that everything was going to be okay and he just nodded.

I just stood in a corner and looked at them feeling more and more guilty.

Chanyeol  stood an arm towards me and involved me in their hug.

After that Channy introduced me to his dad cause we never met before.
I greeted him politely and he smiled at me.
I smiled too and we talked a few about mine and Chanyeol relationship.

He was very happy about us but I could see in our eyes that our love wasn't the same anymore.

I left them alone and waited for Chanyeol in the corridor,  staring at my mother's room.

After 30 minutes Channy came out and we went back to the dorm without talking.

I went to the SM to practice with the boys but Chanyeol didn't come, he stayed in our room the whole day.

I went to the practice room and just acted like nothing happened.

When we came back I went to my room but Chanyeol wasn't there.

I thought he just went out for a walk but he didn't came back for five days.
I tried to search him but he didn't answer to my phone calls or my text messages.

Me and the boys were really worryed.

One day he came back and tried to act like everything was okay but the boys went towards him and asked what was going on.
He started crying and told them the story, not mentioning me or my parents thanks God.
I didn't want them to know that cause I didn't want them to get worry about me.

They listened to him and tried to console him in all the ways.

I listened to this while staying in my room and nobody seemed to notice my absence.

That night I went out by myself, I walked to the hospital and stayed in the waiting room more than an hour before i could find the courage to enter in my mother's room.

I looked at her and she looked at me, her gaze was still the same: full of hate towards me.
It has always been like this since I was little.

"What do you want?"
She asked me with cold voice

"Just know how are you"

"None of your business"

I sighed

"Go away"

"I don't want to"

"Go away, I don't want to talk to you or to see you again. You're a dishonor for this family, you don't deserve your surname, it's your fault if your father died!"
She shouted
"You don't deserve your life, you're such a stupid, useless . I'll take you away from there, like we were trying to do before Chanyeol's parents tried to stop us. I'll take away from you everything you care about, your life will be a hell, more than before."

I listened to her words and I heard my heart breaking again, it wasn't the first time that she told me things like that, but I always hoped that she would change someday.

I turned back and left her room, I didn't want to hear anything else.
I felt so bad, it was my fault if my father and Chanyeol's mother died..
I had to find a way to keep him away from me, so he could be happy again.

I stayed out the whole night, walking in random places aimlessly feeling more an more bad as time passed.

When I came back to the dorm in the morning, I went straight to the bathroom and closed the door.
I washed my face trying to calm myself but I couldn't.
I laid my hands on the sink while the water was still flowing on my face.
I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I clenched my fists.
My expression became more serious and full of hate as I looked at myself.
I heard my mother's voice in my head, shouting and telling me that bad things again and again and again.
I couldn't take it anymore so I punched the mirror with my reflection.
It broke and at the same time the voices stopped.
My hand started bleeding, some glass splinters were stuck in it.
But I didn't care.
I threw the pieces of glass that were on the floor and left my hand the way it was.

During the day nothing much happened, I went to the SM building to practice with the boys and just acted like the previous days.

When we came back to the dorm and we had a little rest, Chen told us to go to the practice room on the first floor cause he had a surprise for us.

We all went there confused and we sat on the floor.

The lights turned off and a screen .
There were pictures and some videos about the couples in our group: XiuChen, SuLay, HunHan, KaiSoo, ChanBaek and TaoRis.

I looked at Kyungsoo and he started crying while he looked at the video of KaiSoo proposal, Kai went near him and hugged him.
It had to hurt to see those videos after all that had happened.

Everybody started crying as long as the proposal were played.

There was also a ChanBaek video where we hadn't to kiss eachother for the whole day but we couldn't resist for more than an hour.
We loved eachother so much at the time, but now it wasn't like this anymore, he wasn't even sitting beside me.

At the end were played some funny videos, like the house of terror of the showtime or some funny moments of weekly idol and things like that.

For last there was our first group photo and the phrase: 'WE ARE ONE' on it.

All the members were crying, except for me but my eyes were bright.

We all hugged and screamed
"WE ARE ONE EXO SARANGHAJA"

After that the members started playing and joking around some things.

Chanyeol ran upstairs and I followed him but he was too fast and closed our room door before i could chase him.
I heard him crying so I lowered my head and went on the balcony to think alone.

KYUNGSOO'S POV

I was very surprised, so Chen and Xiumin had stayed up all night to prepare this video for us...
I couldn't stop crying.

The video was so touching, especially my memories with Jongin.
I didn't expect him to hold me during the proposal part. I didn't expect Luhan to embrace me simultaneously.

My thoughts were going crazy when I saw Chanyeol running upstairs followed by Baekhyun
'What is happening between these two?'

I did not care about their behaviors during the video but at that time I suddenly felt worried for my friends.

I decided to send a message to Baekhyun
/Baekhyun, what's wrong?

He answered me after few minutes:
/Nothing is wrong

Did he really hope that I believed it?
/Baekhyun you are unwell.

/I'm fine

/Stop it, I want to talk. Where are you?

/I'm on the balcony

/Okay, I'm coming

I ran upstairs and went to the balcony, slowly I reached the boy and I hugged him from behind
"Baekhyunnie"

He ducked his head 
"Ehi"

"What's wrong? And don't tell me that nothing is"

He sighed

"Come on"
I chased
"You can tell me everything"

"D-do you know about Chanyeol's parents?"

"Yeah..."

"My parents were in the car with them..."

I froze
"Are they okay?..."

My best friend made a bitter laugh
"My mother is okay... I think"

"And... your father?"

He didn't answer to me, his silence was his answer, a terrible one.
I embraced him, whispering his name but he continued to eye the ground.

"Baekhyun, why didn't you tell us?"
I gently touched is hair

"You know I don't like to share my feelings"

"Instead it is useful, I'm so sorry... oh Baekhyun you're so fragile right now"

He smiled a little
"Anyway I think my mom is well because she didn't want to talk to me..."

"Why?.."

Baekhyun was the mood maker of the group, he loved to help people but he didn't want to be helped, I really hoped that that time he wanted to talk about his problems with me and he did.

"Listen... now I'm saying you this thing but promise me you won't tell anyone... even Chanyeol doesn't know this..."

"I'm your best friend, I know you better than myself... I know you suffer even tho you hide it"

He looked at me
"The morning of the accident I had phoned to my parents because I wanted to tell them about my marriage.. they started to shout and told me that they would come to get me to take me away because they couldn't accept such a thing... Chanyeol's parents tried to stop them and they met mine but while they were driving they quarreled and slided.
Last night I visited my mother but as soon as she saw me she told me to go away... that I was a dishonor, that I don't deserve my surname and that it is my fault if my dad died then"
His voice was shaking so much it broke my heart
"She told me she would never approve my relationship and that she will do her best to take me away and to prohibit me to see you guys.  After that I left, I didn't want to listen to her anymore.."

I was speechless
"B-Baekhyun... I didn't imagine your mom was like this... why would you be a dishonor? Insted you are their honor, your relatives should be honored to have your same surname. You are a good, polite guy who tries to make everyone happy, you don't deserve it... I swear, I swear I'll never let your mother take you away from me, from us"

He bursted into tears
"I'm scared Kyung... I hear their voices in my head, they don't give me respite.. I don't know what to do..."

I held him tight and I let him cry, he needed it
"It's not your fault.."

He clinged to me with a hand as If I had been his only lifeline
"It's all my fault"

"No, no, no you are a special guy... you don't have to feel guilty"

"Instead I have... If I had continued my relationship with Taeyeon nothing would have happened"

"You had stopped to love Taeyeon... it was over"

"I've never loved her... I pretended to because I wanted they to be proud of me"

"Oh... but... you love Chanyeol and he loves you. You couldn't pretend, you can't pretend"

He clenched his fist and I noticed that he made a grimace of pain

"...Baek? What did you do to your hand?"

"Nothing..."
He continued to hide it

"Let me see it"

He turned his face to the other side so I took his hand
"BAEKHYUN WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO? Are you crazy? There are pieces of glass driven in it"

Baekhyun was eyeing the ground, silent.

"Come inside the house, I'll disinfect your hand"

Fortunately he didn't reply and he just followed me inside the house.