||Breath||

||Until The Last Breath||

KYUNGSOO'S POV

I locked myself into the bathroom. 
My heart was still beating so fast I could hear it and I felt really dizzy.

"WHAT HAS JUST HAPPENED?
WHAT DID I WANT TO DO?" 

I knew the answer but I couldn't stand. 
No way. 
I wouldn't have done it again. 

After a while looking at my reflection I decided to come back and I saw Luhan entering the room, I speeded up: nobody could see my friend's neck. 
"Luhan" 

He eyed me and smiled

As soon as we walked into the room I took the neck warmer that I had accidentally brought and handed it to Baekhyun who wore it pretending nothing. 

Firstly we talked about funny things, they had fun of me as usual: I was an annoying monkey. 
It was enjoyable to spend my time with two of my greatest friends even tho they pranked me and told jokes about my behaviour. 
Ah If I could beat them both! 

After a while Luhan and I were hungry so I went to the bar, I bought a couple of sandwiches and came back, as expected Baek refused to eat. 
Luhan definitely thought there was something wrong with him because come on, if he only had had a broken hand he wouldn't have lost his appetite 

"What are you hiding?" he asked

Baekhyun's gaze was puzzled 

"You shouldn't have lied to me" he continued

"I shouldn't have lied to you?"

"Baekhyun I'm not stupid, it's obvious it's not only a broken hand but you don't want to talk about it and it's okay, I understand you but don't lie"

"I am not lying."

Luhan sighed, he wouldn't have forced Baekhyun. 
He was getting used to lies, everybody in our exo's family lied again and again: the two maknaes with their childish behaviours, our dear leader who hid his past as self-defeating, Lay hyung too. 
Luhan was lying but his lie was so stupid compared to the other's.  
That vicious circle of lies and betrayals was ruining our life and, at least it was what some members thought, our friendship. 

"Heeey guys"  
Lay walked inside the room disturbing me from my awful thoughts and fears. 

"Hello" 

He showed us a cute colored lunchbox that handed it to me 
"Chen and I made some food last night. Go eat it with Luhan...I need to talk to Baekhyun to Daddy Unicorn from Mr. Byun"

Luhan laughed 
"Hyung, how the heck are you talking like?" 

Funny how I was thinking the same thing, he sounded like a old cute grandpa but I said firmly no, I would not have gone.

"...I need to talk with him...alone" 
He said again 
"It won't take much time, I hope" 

I eyed Baekhyun, he looked so nervous, what if had had another respiratory collapse? 

"Kyung you're such a pain the ! He said he need to talk with Baekhyun" 
Luhan said

I didn't have the time to say anything else because he tugged me out.

"Thank you" 
Lay smiled and closed the door behind us.

I was so mad at Luhan, he put his hands around my neck and I moved away annoyed

"Kyung..." 
He tried to take my hand

"Don't touch me"

"What have I done?!" 

"You.." 

He didn't gave me the opportunity to reply because he blurted 
"I can't stand it anymore! I always try to be friendly with everyone, to help whatever I can but what do I get?" 

His eyes became bright but I was so angry and worried that I screamed 
"I SWEAR. I SWEAR IF BAEKHYUN DOESN'T FEEL WELL I WON'T TALK TO YOU EVER AGAIN" 

But then I saw his gaze: so sad, so crestfallen 

"You were the only one who cared about me... you were so kind and sweet" he whispered then turned around

"W-wait..." 
I grabbed his wrist 
"I'm sorry... It's that... I'm so worried for my best friend.."

He sighed 
"You act in a strange way when he is around..." 

'I know...' 
I was replying when the door opened and I met Lay's scared gaze 

"KYUNGSOO, COME IN."


BAEKHYUN'S POV

They left me alone with Lay and damn I didn't want to talk with him or with anyone else, I had to keep my secret but everybody knew that I can't lie at all.

"So.. is everything alright? I'm sorry if I didn't came before.. you may have thought that I'm a bad brother"

"No Yixing don't worry, I didn't want you to come cause nothing important happened, it's nothing serious~"

"But why are you here? You know they tried to explain me what happened but I didn't get it.."

"I broke my hand falling from the skate, the doctors are waiting for it to heal completely cause they don't trust me to let me go" 
I chuckled

"Mh." 
He became serious and didn't smile at all, I didn't look at him
"Baekhyun."

"Mh?"

"Why are you here?."

"I've already told you.."

"The real reason."

I didn't answer

He took a chair and he sat beside my bed
"Listen Baek.. I know I'm not your best friend, I'm not the brother that you trust the most.. but I care about you. I don't want to make your business and I don't want to force you to be open with me.. but I can't stand that you lie like this to me.. above all if it's about your health.. or whatever.."

I succumbed 
"I.. I had a respiratory failure.. and a panic attack.. I almost had a collapse.." 
I hid my face in the neck warmer

He put his hand on it for remove it from my face. He smiled at me trying to make me feel quiet I guess
"Why are you hiding?"

"Because I'm disgusting"

"Why?"

"Because it's my fault.."

"What do you mean?"

"For Channy's parents.." 
My eyes became bright

"Ehy Ehy don't cry.." 
He dried my eyes with the back of his hand 
"explain me what happened and why you think it's your fault"

I made a deep breath trying to calm my breath and I started explaining
"The morning of the accident.. I called my parents for tell them about me and Channy.. t-they started to scream and they said that they would have come to take me away from you b-because they couldn't handle something like this.. Channy's parents went with them cause they wanted to make them change idea.. b-but they started to quarrel and the car lurched.."

"Baek...." 
He hugged me 
"it's not your fault at all.. it isn't."

"It is.. if I kept my relationship with Taeyeon like they told me.. if I didn't call them.. nothing of this would have happened.."

"Baek no. You don't have to think about it in this way. What kind of life would you have lived then? What happened it's not because of your choice"

"M-my mother doesn't think it in the same way.."

"Who cares! Is your mother happy cause you're in an hospital? Or nobody has the chutzpah to reproach it to her? Because she didn't think about it twice for accusing you to have done things that you aren't guilty for. you're a victim too"

"She doesn't know that I'm here.. she doesn't care about me.." 
I explained him what she told me when I went to meet her and while I was talking I started to hide my face again in the neck warmer.

He suddenly grabbed it and exposed my neck
"What have you done?" 
His voice became more loud

I covered it again 
"It's n-nothing.." 
I blushed

"BAEK! Why have you got that marks?! How have you done it?"

"I-I didn't d-do them.."

"..who did?"

"..K-Kyung.." 
I whispered

"Kyung?"

I nodded a bit, I felt my lungs starting to burn cause I was loosing my breath

"...Why? Is there something between you two?.."
He came more near to me

"N-no.. it's j-just a g-game.."

"..are you sure Bae?"

I nodded again

He smiled at me 
"I want you to be fine, I don't want you to think about these things again"

"I-it's not easy.. I keep hearing their v-voices in my head.. I'm afraid t-that she will take me away f-from you.. I'm afraid to l-lose you.." 
I started crying, I couldn't breath anymore and my heart was beating too fast

He put a hand on my chest
"I swear on everything that I have in the world, I'll never let anyone to take you away from us. Never.
and keep calm, breath"

"I.. c-can't.." 
I was surprised that he could still hear my voice cause I slumped on myself while saying that

"What do I have to do? Do you have to take some medicines?" 
He held me worried 

"C-call K-kyung..." 
I whispered with the few air I had left.

I saw him running out of the room while everything around me started to become black.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Kyungsoo ran inside the room and he saw Baekhyun who was barely breathing.

"It's my fault..." 
Lay had to feel really bad but at that time the younger didn't think about him

"WHAT HAPPENED?"
He yelled

"He isn't fine.  I  don't know how to take care of him and he told me to call you" 

"Kyung calm down" 

He didn't even hear Luhan's advice and hugged Baekhyun

"...K-k...Kyung..."  
His wren was trying hard to breath but he couldn't.

"Don't panic... come on, breath" 

The latter grabbed his t-shirt meanwhile Luhan and Lay were watching them speechless.

"Wren, look at me. Breath. Slowly. Follow me" Kyungsoo held him and started to breath slowly so as his best friend could follow him. 

Baekhyun did it and he calmed down a bit

"It's everything ok..." 
Kyungsoo's hand gently caressed his back

"I'm sorry, Baek..." 
Lay felt guilty and ran away.

That made Luhan kinda angry at the two boys
"What the is going on? When will you tell us?!" 

"Luhan... wait please..." 
Kyungsoo didn't even look in his eyes 
"Listen to me Baek, everything is alright, mh?"

The poor boy slighty nodded but Luhan couldn't cointain his thoughts anymore 
"I'm not saying I want to hear it now but our family must know what's going on."

Kyungsoo sighed 
"Will you tell them? When you're ready. Don't fidget again! " 
Then he smiled

Baekhyun nodded again 
"Where's Lay?..."

"He ran away, probably because he feels guilty" 
Luhan said 
"Maybe he's at SMent"

In that moment a confused Tao appeared 
"Hey... are you okay, Baek?"

"Y-yes, I am"

"Tao can you call Yixing?"

"Oh hi Kyungsoo, yes surely"
He called him but the boy's mobile was off, everyone got worried 

"I have to look for him" 
Baekhyun exclaimed, a bunch of "don't dare to move", "No, Baekhyun stop" resounded in the room so he obeyed them.

"I'm going to look for him"
This time it was Kyungsoo talking

"No, Baekhyun needs you. Don't worry guys, I'll find him"  
Tao smiled at them and hugged his dear friends then left the hospital with Luhan without giving them time to object.

Kyungsoo eyed Baekhyun 
"Do you want I leave too?"

"S-stay..." 

He smiled because of the latter's answer and held him tight again, it was a habit 
"You gave me an heart attack. I told you not to leave me"

Baekhyun hugged him back 
"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to"

Kyungsoo decided it was time to lighten up the mood so he sat on the ground saying 
"Oh, right. His Majesty does not want intruders in the bed"

"Ya I was joking, stop being such a wally" 
The older laughed, amazing how his friend was able to cheer him up so easily, he would never have thought it possible 
"You fell on your head when you were a baby"

Kyungsoo laughed at his last statement 
"You became dumb"

"Must be all the days I've been spending with you"

The younger puffed 
"And then you complain when I hit you. 
Anyway you were diying from heat before"

Baekhyun groaned 
"I hate that neck warmer."

"I know but you are not wearing it now so I suppose you told Yixing about our 'game' "

"I did..."

"What did he say?"

"Almost nothing, it's none of his business"

Kyungsoo nodded 
"You could have told him you enjoyed my lips on your neck. Everybody wants my lips"

Baekhyun giggled 
"It's the only thing they want from you"

"..." 
At first Kyungsoo didn't say anything, he only thought about the boy's sentence then he whispered a sad 
"Yes, you're right..."

"No, I was joking" 
Baekhyun blamed himself for being so stupid, Kyungsoo had just overcomed a betrayal, obviously he felt used and say that people wanted only his lips did not help him to feel better
" Kyungsoo..."

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay"

"You are the only beautiful thing in the midst of all this crap"

The doe-eyed boy eyed him, surprised by his unexpected confession
"You're the light that makes my way brighter"

"You're the strength that I need to keep going on" 

They both smiled and Kyungsoo added 
"This is true friendship" 

but Baekhyun didn't answer

"I should look for the doctor and ask him how you're doing~" 

"Okay, go!" 

Once again Kyungsoo walked throught the hospital corridors in search of a doctor.
"How's Byun Baekhyun?" 
He asked the doctor on duty, a tall man in his fifties with gray hair

"He's improving but we can't explain why his heart rate increases and calm down continuously "

"Ah... I see. I don't really know why"

"Anyway we'll release him in a couple of day or even tomorrow"

"Finally!" 
Kyungsoo was so happy, he hated hospitals and doctors so he couldn't wait to come back home.
To celebrate the good news he went to the bar and bought a croissant for both.
'Gotta come back to Baekhyunnie'