Chapter 8

Cold At Night >> 차가운 밤에

That night, you can't sleep because they were voices inside your head saying:

  "Why would Leo hyung say anything? for him to have feelings for girls that worked for him, is impossible" 

 "So, if he wasn't an idol, do you accept him for who he is?"

  "Eyra-ssi. if someone who is in love with you but he just met you, asked you to be his girlfriend, then be his wife, in just 2 months, what would your respond be?"  

All those words were spinning in your head. they were bothering you so much. after 30 minutes of rolling on the bed, you decided to go out and look at the stars.

***

*ding!* 

you just received a text message. who the hell texted you at 3 a.m?

**

From : Leo

Are you sleeping?

____

To : Leo

No. why?

___

From : Leo

i can't too. was just wondering if you want to go somewhere with me?

___

To : Leo

at 3 a.m? where can we actually go? plus, i have to work at the morning shift remember?

___

From : Leo

perhaps you forgot i run the place. so i can change your schedule anytime i want. i have this one place opened at anytime i want. want to come or not? if you want, i'll be there in 15 minutes.

___ 

To : Leo

alright. 

****

(Eyra's POV)

haishh this guy.. if only not because i feel safe with you, i would have never go out with you at 3 a.m.

now what should i wear? 

i cannot just wear my pj shirts. it's too embarassing. maybe dress? but who dresses up at 3 a.m? 

omg, what do i do? what can i wear?

wait, i'm being paranoid about what wear just to meet someone who i just met. but then again, i agreed to meet him at 3 a.m.

so i decided to just dress comfortably. i was standing in front of the mirror, when i think i looked like a mess.

oh no, i looked like a zombie with messy hair not being tied, pillow marks on my face due to excessive rolling. 

damn, what would Leo think about me? he would think i'm such a weird woman *paranoid*

geez, just stop. why would i want to impress Leo. um.. remember what Ravi said :

 "Why would Leo hyung say anything? for him to have feelings for girls that worked for him, is impossible" 

*sigh* poor my heart and myself. didn't realized was being friendzoned from the start. yeah, true. how can someone like him, likes someone like me. it's impossible. plus we just met. god knows what he thinks of me.

when i was deep into sympathy-ing myself, i heard Leo's voice singing Someday. 

oh yeah, my ringtone.

i didn't picked up the call tho. i just went straight outside and i saw him, leaning at his car.

"Why didn't you pick up the phone?" he asked, demanding to know.

"Since we're meeting, i don't think i should pick it up. plus i know it's you. see that window? i saw you" he followed my index finger to the window on the 1st floor. 

"Great. but next time, don't do that. i might not be the one here." he opened the car's door for me.

"will do, sire" i laughed and closed the door myself.

"you can sleep for a while, we're going to go far" i nodded and quickly went to sleeping mode. 

wow, is it that easy to sleep with him around?

****

"where are we?" 

"this is my parents' house" he said calmly.

"why are we here?" my, look at this majestic house. i feel so small.

"to meet them obviously. come on"

he dragged me inside this beautiful palace. what was Leo thinking, bringing me to his house at 6 a.m?

" Leo, good morning. and this is?" he told me to sit next to him 

"this is Eyra. my friend. she's actually Yoomi and Sunggyu's sister."

"Hello, ma'am" i tried to be polite. I was hella nervous.

"Hello, Eyra. Come have breakfast with us"

I sat down next to Leo. Trying as hard as i can to carve a big sweet smile.

Geez, why do i have to impress them.

The whole day, i spent time with Jung's family.

***
"Leo!" I pulled him to the side, away from his parents.

"Wae?"

"It's almost time for noon shift. I have to get back." I gave him the worried look.

"Hey, don't worry. I've told Hakyeon that you have some errands to do for me"

"Would he be angry with me?"

"He's not angry. And hey, i'm the owner of the cafe. I have rights on my staff."

"What will others say about me?"

He hugged me and patted on my back. "It's okay. I'll protect you."

This feeling. The feeling that i've never felt before. It's painful in the heart but warm, safe. Even my brother cannot give me this kind of feeling. I feel like there's nothing for me to worry about when he's around. I feel.. i feel.. complete. Loved.

Damn!

I pushed him slowly, letting myself out of him embrace.

"I need to go to the toilet" he nodded and showed me where the toilet is.

***
'What is happening to me? I can't just fell in love with someone i just met. I mean, we're friends. If that's what we even are. It's impossible for him to like me. I'm a staff. A cafe staff'

I murmured to myself. Perhaps i just had a crush on him. It'll go away 2 or 3 more days. Yup. It will be gone within time. I can't love him anyway. He's my boss. My sister's boss. An idol for the most important point. Pluss they can't date. Which makes everything more impossible.

*knock knock*

"Eyra, are you inside?" Mrs. Jung's voice was outside.

I wiped my tears and opened the door. Trying to smile again.

All of a sudden, she hugged me.

"Walk with me" i followed her to the backyard where there's a fountain, pool, and kinda jacuzzi i think. This is so relaxing.

"Sit, Eyra"

"Is there anything,  i can help?"

"Eyra, i hope i don't scare you. But, can i ask about things about you and Leo?"

. She's going to make me cry. Right here. Right now. Really, Mrs. Jung?

"Okay" composing myself real hard right now.

"How long have you known him? Relax, we're talking not as a mother and another girl. We're talking as women"

"Umm.. not long. Really just a few days back"

"A few days then you've changed him? What a bless that God has given him"

"What do you mean Mrs. Jung?"

"Please call me Aunt Naomi. I bet you know how Leo is before this right? I'm sure you must've known him through his other career as an idol"

I nodded.

"Have you noticed that when  you're with him, you feel him sometimes a bit cheerful but when he's with others, they say he's almost like invisible?"

I do. I remembered how my brother told me about Leo's weird and invisible behaviour when the first time Leo came to my place. He was so warm with me.

"Yes. But why?"

"He likes you"

"Mwo? No way Mrs.. "

"Aunt Naomi"

"No way Aunt Naomi. I thought that's normal for him with his friends, family"

"Eyra, he's different now. He's a bit cheerful. Perhaps its me and Uncle's fault that we went away too much, leaving Leo alone with the maids. Due to that he can't really express himself, become cold like how he is today. But you.. " she grabbed my hand.

" you changed him. I saw him smiling. And that's the sign of him being happy. Can you please promise me something?"

. Please help me, God.

"Cherish, take care and love Leo like he's yours. Please." She began crying. Oh man, this is crazy.

"Umhh.. Aunt Naomi, i can't really promise that because, i'm just a staff"

. Did my tears just fall. Damn.

She wiped her tears and mine and then chuckled softly.

"That will change,my dear." She stood up and left me in a puzzled state.