Chapter 7

Cold At Night >> 차가운 밤에

On your way to your new work place, there's an awkward silence between you and Leo that morning in his car. You began to feel uneasy but tried to make yourself comfortable. Leo, who probably realized your struggle, looked at you and said :

"You can turn the radio on if you feel uneasy. i'm sorry that i don't talk a lot while driving"

and then he looked back at the road. you felt a warm feeling on your cheeks.

'oh no, why am i blushing? why? why? when will we reach the cafe? is it that far? gosh, i really want to scream right now'

with a stuttered voice, you tried to answer him.

"it's okay. i understand that you need to concentrate on driving. umm.."

Leo nodded but notices the wild eyes of yours trying to stare at something comfortably.

right at the time you wanted to switch his radio on, Leo also reached for the button. his hand touched yours. like an electric spark, you pulled your hand as quickly as possible.

Leo who also blushed due to that incident, pulled his hand as well.

"why don't you turn it on, um.. you know what song you want." suggested Leo.

you turned it on and began to search for the music that you like. then you found a station that played Vixx's Love Letter.

"i love this song!" spontaneously, that came out of your mouth. as soon as possible you turned your face away.

'i am so going to kill myself'

"You like it? i love it too" Leo replied. you smile awkwardly at him.

***

"we're here. this is my cafe that i run with some of my siblings" Leo opened the door for you.

"Welcome to Starlight Cafe!"

your steps went dead. you pinched yourself to make sure that this isn't real.

"what's wrong miss? come here, sit with us" said the one with darker skin than anyone else, but still handsome.

'this cannot be right, the whole Vixx is here. when the whole vixx is here, this means..'

"EYRA!" a very familiar voice other than Leo's called for you.

"Ken!" you called for him.

"You know him?" Leo responded aggressively but still with control.

Ken, with zero ill intention, grabbed your shoulders and squeezed you to his side.

"we've known since school"

Leo stood froze for a minute and then storm out of the cafe.

Everyone looked at each other. wonder if they did anything wrong.

***

again, awkward silence filled the room.

"Well, Taekwoon told me to conduct the interview without him. he said he has some errands to do" Hakyeon, or N, told all of them.

"did he said anything about me?" Ken was worried that Leo might be offended with his words.

"Why would Leo hyung say anything? for him to have feelings for girls that worked for him, is impossible" Ravi who was playing with his pen a while ago, spoke up.

"Nah, you musn't say that Ravi. Leo hyung is a human too" Hongbin, minding Ravi his words.

"Maybe he really has errands to do. Leo hyung is strong and tough. he'll be alright." Hyuk, the youngest said.

"Now, Eyra-ssi. do you know that Taekwoon is one of us?" Everybody stared at you, including Ken.

"Well, when i first met him, my sister told me that he is her boss. i had the idea that he is on of vixx because of the name Leo, his personality, his appearance but since she said that, i rejected my ideas." you explained calmly.

"So, if he wasn't an idol, do you accept him for who he is?" Hakyeon looked into your eyes.

"Hyung, what type of question for a staff is that?"

"Shush you Hyukkie, you know nothing." N cuts Hyuk and waited for your answer.

"I would. and I will. i mean, friendship or any relationship is not on appearance, wealth basis but it's about the heart"

"alright. i guess we're done. you can start with us tomorrow. i know perhaps maybe Leo promised that you started working today, but i say tomorrow. i see you might have a shock of seeing us and to know Leo whom you ride his car this morning is that Leo. plus, i got and order from Leo to take you home" said N with his hands preparing a cup of latte.

***

on your way back home, N asked you something.

"Eyra-ssi. if someone who is in love with you but he just met you, asked you to be his girlfriend, then be his wife, in just 2 months, what would your respond be?"

you took a sip of iced latte that N made.

"Do i know that guy?"

"what is your definition of know?"

"um.. my definition of knowing someone is that i have talked to him not once not twice but a lot and i feel comfortable"

"yup, you know him"

"okay, um.. if i was so sudden being asked like that, i would look at all the time i had with him. and perhaps i will have some work done on him too. why do you ask?"

"Nothing. the question just popped into my head. anyway, perfect timing, we're here already. i see you tomorrow. Leo'll pick you." You nodded and got off his car. you waited until N's sight was gone, then you came into your house.