Chapter 14

Cold At Night >> 차가운 밤에

I was doing the laundry when I heard the bell rang. I looked at the clock. It was 2 p.m. Leo couldn't have came back home yet.

From the window, I saw a man in office wear standing at the gate. So I decided to go outside.

"How can I help you sir?"

"Hello, are Mrs Jung Eyra?" He knew my name.

"Yes, I am. Who are you sir?"

"Pardon me, ma'am. My name is Mr Yoo. I am the lawyer of the Jung's family. I have a document that I need to pass to Mr Jung Taekwoon but I can't find him at the office."

"Ouh, he has a Vixx schedule today, so he's not available at office. Is it okay if I pass the documents to him? Or you just want me to tell him that you stop by?"

"Passing it to him would be easier and faster. Do inform him that after he's done with document, please pass it to me." He held me the document. It was in an envelope. Wasn't sealed too.

***

After Mr Yoo was gone, I decided to look at the document. If it's confidential, it would be sealed, right? Hmm..

So I just took the document out and read it.

Dear Mr Jung Taekwoon,

This document is the agreement that you need to sign for the agreement that you have with your parents.

60% of their wealth will be given to you if you managed to get married in 2 months or less.

The paper slipped from my hands. Tears started to come down.

So he married me just for wealth? Not because that he loves me? My heart just shattered to pieces.

I wiped my tears and then looked at the ring and the bracelet he gave me on my hand. I guess, he'll need this more than I did.

So I stormed to the room and was getting myself busy.

***

"Why are you doing this, Eyra?" Ken said.

Fortunately, he was not with Vixx because he had to shoot for his upcoming drama. His schedule finished early so he managed to come and see me at a cafe.

"You lied to me"

"What did I even lied to you?"

"You said he loved me"

"You know yourseld that he loves you. More than anything"

"No!" Ken eyes were alarmed.

"What do you mean he didn't? You guys are married, not in a high school love" Ken pressed his forehead.

"Yes we are married. But he married me for wealth. Not because of love"

"What?" I showed him a picture of the documents that I managed to snap before I left the house.

Ken was shocked. I bet he couldn't believe his eyes.

"But the way he talks about you, smiled whenever he talks about you. Those weren't jokes, Eyra. He really meant it. He loves you. So much that he would give up everything for you"

I scoffed. Everthing huh?

"Okay, now what do you want me to do?" Ken asked.

"Help me. Get me out of this town. I don't want to see him. It breaks my heart so much. I want to find a new apartment, fully furnished. I want to find a job. And promise me that you'll keep my location a secret from everyone. Everyone means him, Vixx except you, and my family."

"Your family?"

"I knew Yoomi knew this. But she wouldn't tell. Leo is her bestfriend, Sunggyu too. Not quite sure about Namjoon but, just keep it from them. And I need you to send me to my cousin's house. Can you?"

Ken agreed and we left the coffee shop.

***

(Leo's POV)

I knocked on the door.

No answer.

Well that was weird. Usually Eyra would open the door for me.

I unlocked the door and the house was dark.

I knew the maids were on leave but Eyra? Did she went out without telling me?

I went upstairs to our room just to find two envelopes, one big one small and two small velvet boxes on the bed.

I quickly opened the boxes. The ring and the bracelet I gave her was in the box.

Eyra left? But why?

I took the big envelope and opened it, hoping it was not a divorce document. When I read it, fortunately it's not. But it's unfotunate too, because, it was the agreement that I had with my parents about the wealth that I would obtain if I manage to find myself a wife in 2 months.

Oh Lord, Eyra must have read this.

I opened the small envelope. From the handwriting, it was Eyra's.

Dear Jung Taekwoon,

Congratulations on obtaining those amount of wealth after marrying me. I guess I am not actually important to you compared to the wealth.

I am such a fool to believe that you really loved me. No wonder you wanted to be married quickly. I am so stupid. Why haven't I thought of this earlier.

You broke my heart Taekwoon, you really did. I loved you more than anything, but this is how I get paid back.

Thank you Taekwoon. Thank you.

For all the fake love you've given and for all the things you bought me. I don't have any money to repay you. So I left this two precious.

The bracelet and the ring. They cost you a lot right? Now you can have them back.

Enjoy your life. Find your true love. And marry her with sincerity. Not fake love.

Yours,

Park Eyra.

I crumpled the paper.

Damn! She's wrong. I didn't do this for wealth. I searched for my phone and called Mr Yoo.

"Mr Yoo, I need you ASAP at my parents' house. NOW!" I stormed out and went to my parents'.

***

"I'm sorry, Mr Taekwoon."

"Your mistake caused me to lose my wife!"

"Taekwoon!" Appa raised his voice. The house was quiet. Omma pulled me to sit next to her.

"You really do love Eyra, child?" Omma asked me.

"How can I not, omma. How can she think that I married her for wealth? How can she think that I tied myself to be together with her forever without love?" I lowered my head down. I couldn't control my pain in the chest.

Omma and appa looked at each other.