Baekho

The Forgotten Band

Baekho was not going to jail.

At the trial, Baekho confessed to agreeing with ’s plans to “destroy Seventeen,” but claimed that he eventually felt guilty about it. He told them that he did not agree with the defamation, and that he was against what Minhyun was revealing and tried to stop him. Minhyun, however, did not listen to him. He agreed to fully cooperate with the police, including revealing their previous hideout (which the rest of the members had conveniently fled before the police found them).

Because the harassment was not posted on Baekho's account, and because Baekho cooperated with the police, the judge exonerated him from prison and charged him with a large fine instead.

It was Pledisboss that paid the fine. He thought that Baekho’s sense of indebtedness to the company was worth the investment. He flew Baekho right back to Seoul to meet with him.

For Pledisboss, there was a great marketing opportunity at hand if Baekho cooperated. With Baekho in the palm of his hands, he could play the media so well, he might be able to gain both NU’EST and Seventeen back. If that happens, then Pledis would be huge. With all of the international attention that both groups were now getting, salvaging both groups would mean instant fortune. The company would no longer be broke. They will rise to the status of SM, YG and JYP– or even bigger.

He could just see how the international media would go crazy over the interaction between Baekho and Seventeen now. The two bands that are like sworn enemies to netizens start to make up and forgive one another. Already, he was getting calls from reality shows offering huge sums of money if Baekho appeared on their shows with Seventeen.

Pledisboss, however, declined all of the offers. He would release the video himself: a video of Baekho apologizing to Seventeen, and Seventeen forgiving him. It would probably be fake (because the Seventeen members really hated NU’EST right now), but all that mattered to Pledisboss is how the world saw them. It’s the world that would be giving them the money after all.

-

Mingyu returned from hospital. His face was swollen and bandaged, and probably scarred for a very long time.

Vernon bowed to his hyung and apologized for the attack. Mingyu also apologized for insulting his mother. Although it was a step forward, it wasn’t rainbows and daisies between them afterwards either. There was still friction there, but it was not nearly as bad.

The relationship between the members in general got relatively better when Junghan called a group meeting. He told the members to consider that there was no traitor or no affair, and that NU’EST just said it to turn them against one another, therefore helping in their aim to destroy Seventeen. It was highly plausible, and so the members accepted it easily.

Even though it wasn’t as bad, many members still hated each other. There were still suspicious glances and scoffing and harmless pushing, but no overt accusations and fistfights like there had been before.

Junghan hoped that when they see Baekho, things would fall into place. They’d catch sight of the real enemy, and so everyone would team up against Baekho. He was hoping that the unity they once felt would resurface in the presence of the common enemy that is a member of the group that was responsible for all of this crap.

Pledisboss had told Junghan that he would bring Seventeen to the Pledis building in order for them see Baekho and settle things. Junghan could not wait until s ate the NU'EST member up like dogs. He couldn’t wait until Vernon throws his high-strung fist at that 's face…

As the members were in the van heading to the Pledis building, Junghan noticed one member who was not his usual self. Woozi was a lot quieter, not as energetic as he often was. He looked nervous. Junghan was sympathetic; Woozi had dated Baekho before, and Junghan was aware of the fact that the relationship was pretty passionate. It must make Woozi nervous that he would have to see his former lover in that position.

“Are you okay?” Junghan asked Woozi.

“I’m fine,” Woozi responded with a smile that was so fake it made Junghan cringe.

“I understand this must be hard for you,” Junghan said putting his hand on Woozi’s shoulder, “but just remember, he is not your friend.”

Woozi nodded.

“Do you still have feelings for him?”

“No,” Woozi answered, “I really don’t. I’m just nervous about seeing him, that’s all.”

“I understand,” Junghan responded with a supportive smile.

When they arrived, they were greeted by the CEO at the entrance. Junghan noticed that there were cameras and staff everywhere, much to Junghan’s annoyance. He realized that Pledisboss wanted to make a spectacle out of this. Junghan gritted his teeth in annoyance. He did not want this interaction to be broadcasted to the world. He had hoped that it would be a way to relieve all of the negativity that had been building up inside of them, but no. It was a ing show. There was only so much the Seventeen members could do to that in the presence of staff members and cameras.

Apparently, the “collision” would take place in the Pledis meeting room. Junghan hated that room. It was the room in which Pledisboss had scared the out of all of them and told them that they might not debut. He filmed their shame and their tears and their nervousness and used it as marketable value in their debut show. There were generally bad memories in that room.

When they entered the Pledis meeting room, Baekho was sitting at the end of it. His eyes were on the floor, avoiding all of the piercing stares he was getting from almost every single Seventeen member that entered the room. It felt almost as if Baekho was this handcuffed prisoner on trial, and the Seventeen members were the jury. Pledisboss, who took a seat at the end of the table beside Baekho, was the judge.

“ing ,” an impatient Seungkwan spat at him, as if he was incognizant of the cameras recording this. Maybe he was, but he didn’t care. Junghan didn’t say anything about it. Staff would probably edit it out anyways.

It was awkward at first. No one was talking; they only glared. Baekho did not raise his eyes at all or heed any of the hateful looks that he was getting.

“So,” Pledisboss said breaking the awkward silence, “Baekho, you have something to say to your hoobaes, right?”

“I do,” Baekho said. He finally looked up and addressed Seventeen, “I want to apologize for all that NU’EST has done. I’m sorry. We took our revenge too far, and we hurt S.Coups and probably your entire group. Sorry." Baekho stood up and bowed 90 degrees.

“What about the rest of them?” Seokmin asked, “why aren’t they here apologizing?”

“They will come around,” Baekho said as he sat back down, “I’m sure they will. Right now they’re drunk on the idea of revenge, but they will snap out of it.” Baekho then looked straight at one of the cameras and said: “To my members. If you are watching this, I do hope you listen to me. Please stop this silliness. Please. Let’s just come back together as a group and promote again like usual. Seventeen is not our enemy.”

“That’s the fakest I have ever heard,” Junghan interrupted. “You’re not really sorry, you’re just trying to act all nice and noble for the camera. I don’t buy it, and neither do any of my members.”

“Your members? Are you the new leader now that Seungcheol’s gone crazy?” Baekho asked with spunk. So much for trying to “apologize.” Junghan could right through Baekho. Baekho wasn’t sorry; he was just putting on a show.

“You’re the reason he went crazy,” Junghan spat, “he considered you a friend and this is what you do to him?”

“Considered us a friend? He insulted NU’EST.”

“You probably deserved it then,” Junghan said.

“You have a big mouth, don’t you? I would watch it if I were you. Or I swear I’ll make you regret it.”

“You don’t scare me.”

“Who is the traitor?” Vernon interrupted the exchange to ask the question that was on everyone’s mind, “you better tell us or else I swear to God…”

“I’ll tell you,” Baekho said quickly. He smirked as the Seventeen members nervously shifted to the edge of their seats. Their faces were expectant; their hearts were beating fast at the prospect of being aware of who it was that was responsible for Seventeen’s ruin.

“There is no traitor,” Baekho finally revealed.


A/N: *cue dramatic music*
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.