Rooftop

The Forgotten Band

Junghan had forgotten how much he missed home. He missed the clear Busan air, the hours and hours of free time, walking across the beach, hearing the rough dialect of everyone around him. He realized just how unpleasant the business of everyday Seoul life was. He also realized just how much he missed living without worrying someone was hiding in another country trying to up his career.

It was relaxing. It would have been more relaxing had his mother stopped smoking all the time, but she said she couldn’t help herself. She was so stressed out, apparently.

She seemed paranoid about the other two members running loose, and Junghan didn’t understand why. Junghan thought that Ren and Aron were just as tired of it as he was. Plus, their own member was gone, and S.Coups killed himself. Clearly this game they had been playing was no longer just a game, and he didn’t believe that NU’EST would be so evil as to endanger any more lives by pulling more .

Plus, they were on probation. One wrong move from them could result in jail. Junghan did not seem to find that they were unreasonable enough to risk that for petty intentions of destorying Seventeen's career.

At one point, Junghan left his apartment to get some fresh air after being confined in his smoke-infested home for so long. When he walked out of the apartment building, all of his original suppositions were proven immediately false.

Ren and Aron appeared in front of him. Ren had a knife in his hand.

“What the hell?” Junghan asked. He didn’t expect to see them waiting for him outside of the apartment building, “how did you even know my address?” was the first question that popped up in his head.

“Jihoon,” Ren answered simply.

Junghan narrowed his eyes. Why would Woozi tell Aron and Ren his address?

Ren took a step closer to him, and Junghan could not help but feel that he should be more scared than he actually was. For some reason, Junghan was not scared of them, even though Ren had a knife in his hand and was threatening him with it. Unreasonable bastards, was all he thought as he rolled his eyes, as if his life was not on the line.

“Will you come quietly or what?” Ren asked, pointing the knife in Junghan’s direction.

“Depends. What’s your intention?” Junghan asked them, crossing his arms cockily.

“Don’t get spunky with me,” Ren spat, lunging forward just a little. Aron held back before he could get close to Junghan.

Junghan was glad to see that Aron still had a spangle of rationality in him. He agreed to ‘go quietly’ to wherever they are. Clearly they didn’t intend to kill him. At least, Junghan thought they didn’t. Plus, he wouldn’t tarnish his pride and run away from them like a baby. He wanted to face them once and for all. Maybe his mother would stop worrying so much if he did.

He walked with them towards a random apartment building, where they made him climb all of the stairs until they reached the roof.

Junghan then recognized that maybe this was not such a good idea. Maybe he was being too confident. Maybe he should have run away when he had the chance. Anxiety crept up on him, as he saw Ren’s angry eyes twinkle with a desire for vengeance.

“You did it, right?” Ren asked Junghan when they got to the roof. His eyes pierced Junghan like knives.

“You have to specify,” Junghan replied. At this point, Ren was taking steps forward, and Junghan was taking steps back.

“You killed Baekho!” Ren spat.

Junghan narrowed his eyes in confusion. He trembled as the knife in Ren’s hand neared him, as Ren’s eyes gleaned with more animosity with ever passing second.

“No,” Junghan answered, thinking that this was his last chance to save himself. “Isn't it settled to be Coups…”

“Liar!”

Aron held Ren’s arm before he could go forward towards Junghan anymore. He also pulled the knife out of Ren’s hand, much to Junghan’s relief but Ren’s irritation.

“Calm down, Ren,” Aron said throwing the knife to the side. He pulled Ren back away from Junghan, and stepped forward himself.

“How did you react when you found out about your mother?” Aron asked Junghan, narrowing his eyes curiously as he inspected him.

“My mother?” Junghan asked. He didn’t know what he was supposed to ‘find out’ about his mother.

Junghan’s lack of recognition seemed to trigger Ren.

“You ing liar!” Ren spat, lunging forward and being held back by Aron again.

“What’s wrong with my mother?” Junghan asked looking from Ren to Aron in agitation. He expected the worst. Did they kill her? Did they hurt her? Did something happen to her?

“Ren, he doesn’t know,” Aron told the younger member, “it’s not him.”

“ing lies!” Ren screamed, pulling out of Aron’s grip and lunging at Junghan. Junghan backed up until he reached the railing that stopped him from falling over from the top of the building. Ren then grabbed Junghan’s neck and started to strangle him.

“Ren!” Aron quickly interfered, trying to removing Ren’s hands from Junghan’s throat.

“Your mom is ing !” Ren exclaimed in Junghan’s direction in a cracked, impassioned voice filled with rage, “you know that right?”

It was hard for Junghan to think when he felt Ren’s hands relentlessly squeeze his throat despite Aron’s attempts at stopping him. His chest heaved as his lungs were denied their intake of oxygen.

Aron finally applied the force necessary to remove Ren’s hands from around Junghan’s neck. He pushed the maknae back forcefully, and Ren fell back on the floor. Aron protectively stood guard, blocking Junghan from Ren. Junghan held onto the railing, supporting himself as he restored the air to his lungs.

After breathing heavily for a few seconds, Junghan pieced it all together in his head.

His mom is a “,” Ren had said. Junghan’s mind went back to one of NU’EST’s allegations, an allegation Junghan was so sure had been false until now. S.Coups had slept with one of their mothers...

“My mom slept with Coups?” Junghan asked Aron in between deep breaths.

Aron did not answer Junghan. Instead he looked at Ren: “he didn’t know. I told you.”

“He’s acting!” Ren screamed, still on the floor and this time, crying.

“No, he’s not. Ren, let it go. It was Seungcheol who started the fire.”

“No it wasn’t!” Ren yelled again, “you read his letter! You saw how he wrote: ‘Good job. Live well’ to someone. He was clearly taking the blame for one of s! Plus Seungcheol` was under confinement. There’s no way it could have been him, hyung. You know it!” At this point, Ren’s lower lip started to quaver and tears began to stream down his face.

Aron walked over to Ren and helped him from the floor. He then put his hand on Ren’s shoulders comfortingly, “Ren, it isn’t Junghan. If Junghan didn’t know about his mother, then he would not have had sufficient motivation to start the fire.”

“You saw the way he looked at Baekho in the video though! You saw the murderous intention in his eyes. If it’s not Junghan, then who else could it be? Who else did Seungcheol take the blame for?” Ren told Aron, still crying.

“I don’t know,” Aron said, “but all I know is that Baekho would not have wanted us to kill someone innocent.”

Ren blinked, and wiped his tears with his sleeve. He seemed convinced. “Can I at least punch him?” Ren asked, glaring at Jugnhan, “I still hate that imposter.”

“No, Ren. Let it go.”

“Can I at least slap him?” Ren asked again.

“No.”

“Okay, then I’ll just spit on him,” Ren requested, “please?”

Aron stepped aside after a moment’s hesitation, allowing Ren to spit in Junghan’s face. But Ren did not stop at spitting; before Aron could stop him, Ren lunged forward and pushed Junghan over the railing.


A/N: So I know Junghan is not from Busan, but some websites say that he is. So I just took that for granted because it works for this story lol

Anyways, it will all make sense sooonnnnn :)