Suspects

The Forgotten Band

All of the Seventeen members were immediate suspects for the attack. The police started spending a lot of time in their dorm. They questioned all thirteen members about where they had been that night; they conducted a search all over the Seventeen dorm; they questioned the staff members, the families of the members, the neighbours, and more. Pledisboss was around to supervise all of the questioning.

One  theory that the police had come up with was that it was a crazy Seventeen fan that hated NU’EST, or a fan that hated Pledis Entertainment or something. Unfortunately, the cameras around the area were all burned down, and so there was no way to salvage the footage from around the area of the crime.

The theory that netizens seemed to have was that it was other four members of NU’EST. From the previous post, they gathered that the other members were angry with Baekho, and so a popular theory was that they came in contact with someone in Korea who started the fire on their behalf. NU’EST were cold-hearted villains after all.

The police found that all thirteen members seemed like they were in shock at Baekho’s death, but there still was two prime suspects. Hoshi was acting a little too nervous and shaky when the police questioned him. But Woozi admitted that he was not at the dorm the night of the incident. He had snuck off somewhere, and when asked where he had snuck off to, Woozi refused to reveal the answer. Woozi was thus detained for further questioning.

-

Junhui rubbed his head in frustration at all that was happening. Just when he thought everything was going their way, this broke loose and everyone was freaking out and all of Seventeen were suspects for cold-blooded murder.

Woozi was now the prime suspect, and Jun wondered if it really was Woozi. Ever since he came from the Pledis building late because of “diarrhea,” Jun thought that there was something really, really fishy about him.

For one, Woozi did not talk to anyone after he came back. He just sat in a corner, on his phone, reading something that made him smile. He also listened to Adore U at least 100 times. It was weird.

At first, Jun thought Woozi had gone crazy like S.Coups, but the more Jun inspected Woozi, the more he realized there was something weird going on that not “insanity.” Junghan had tried to confront Woozi about it, but Woozi had brushed him off.

Learning that Woozi was not in the dorm the night of the incident just amplified all of the original suspicions. Could Woozi really be capable of committing this kind of murder?

Jun began to question everything he knew about Woozi. Jun had always found Woozi to be down-to-earth, spirited, and even a little innocent. But now, when he thought of Woozi, all that comes to mind was this mysterious suspect for murder.

All of the other members were also in shock about Woozi’s mysterious detainment. To be fair, they were in shock ever since they heard of Baekho’s death. Sure, they didn’t particularly like him, but he died. Death was serious. A lot more serious than this stupid NU’EST vs. Seventeen game they had been playing.

The seriousness of death, however, did not seem to be internalized by others, like Pledisboss. When he came to the Seventeen dorm, he seemed not at all fazed by the fact his building was practically dust, and that five members of his company were dead. He looked as fresh as he had ever been, looking for ways to turn this to his financial advantage.

Jun thought that was cruel, although he did not particularly like Baekho.

“Okay, Minghao, I need you to pretend to cry,” the CEO told the younger Chinese member, whose jaw hung open in awe as the camera was directed at him.

“Do it,” the CEO yelled, and Minghao nodded and did as he was asked.

He made the members act out this reaction to Baekho’s death, as if they were so sad about it. Some of them did not have to act; Dino and Joshua really did cry when they first found out. Jun guessed that Woozi cried too as he locked himself in the bathroom for hours until the police made him come out and later detained him.

They had their fake, scripted interviews and acting as if they were comforting one another, overcoming this huge obstacle in their career or whatever– going about it as if they weren’t taking advantage of the end of someone’s life.

Jun really, really hated the CEO.

-

All of the members of NU’EST turned themselves in, requesting to be sent back to Korea to attend Baekho’s funeral. The Japanese police would not let them go until a trial was held.

The trial was held immediately afterwards because of pressure from the international media. Lasting about seven hours, the conclusion of it was that all four members would be sent back to Korea. There, Minhyun would face a prison sentence of five years for harassment and defamation, because it all came from his account. JR would face a sentence of three years for inciting it, and being the leader of the operation. Ren and Aron would be free after a fine was paid.

Pledisboss paid those fines like he did for Baekho, and flew the both of them to Korea immediately.

Pledis Entertainment then released the following statement:

Following the tragic death of one of the members, and the incarceration of two, Pledis Entertainment officially announces the disbandment of NU’EST. Aron and Ren will, however, continue activities with Pledis Entertainment after a hiatus in which they would recover from the tragic loss of their friend. An official apology from them towards the Seventeen members will be released in due time.

We are relieved to know that this bitter feud has come to an end, but it is unfortunate that it ended this way. The police are currently investigating the fire, and we hope that the culprit would be caught and punished for the awful thing that has happened.

Baekho and the staff members’ funeral will be held the day after the NU’EST members arrive in Korea. All four will attend and say their final goodbyes to their band member, after which Minhyun and JR would be taken into custody to serve their sentences.

The Seventeen members will also attend, minus S.Coups, who is still undergoing psychological treatment.

Finally, we would like to offer our deepest condolences Baekho’s family and friends, as well as the fans that are hurt by this news. Most of all, as a company, we would also like to apologize for driving this entire affair. If we had better promoted NU’EST, none of this would have happened. I, as the CEO, will live regretfully for the rest of my life.

Rest in peace, Kang Dongho.


A/N: Not a very exciting chapter, I know. But it's important! :D