Walking Moneybags

The Forgotten Band

Pledisboss decided to send the two remaining members of NU'EST and the Seventeen members back to their homes for an "official hiatus." He felt like he had to issue the hiatus because of all the trauma the Pledis boys had endured lately. They were clearly dazed, confused and in shock, and needed time to just rest and get over it so that they could actually go back to work and start promoting. Also, the public has been pressuring Pledis to issue this hiatus for a very long time, and so Pledisboss had to comply.

After a month passes, he’ll put them back to work and wait for the surge of money that they would inevitably produce. Everything that Seventeen touched would now turn to gold. The two members of NU'EST as well.

It was kind of sad that he lost "NU'EST" though. He lost Minhyun, JR and Baekho, and so it was no longer NU'EST. Pledisboss was actually really surprised that he got to keep Ren and Aron though. He was sure that they would go to jail when they were caught, given all the pressure from international media. But he didn't complain. They were now walking moneybags.

He had asked Ren and Aron if they wanted to stay with Pledis, and both said yes. Pledisboss was glad that he was able to salvage at least some of NU’EST.

Also, now that the murderer was settled to be S.Coups, Pledisboss was sure that those two would stop targeting Seventeen.

He was a little anxious that there was a thirst for revenge in them somewhere, but he thought he quelled that with the money offer he gave them if they cooperated. He could see the gleam in their eyes when Pledisboss told them their new salary, and showed them pictures of their new living space.

Pledisboss was sad that his building had to be burned down, and that some staff members had died, but it actually wasn’t really that bad in terms of the capital inflow. The attention that the death of Baekho had attracted from all around the world had now tripled because death was involved. More money was coming in, money that could easily buy them another, bigger, better building.

He huffed, feeling kind of anxious about the one-month hiatus he had to give them. He felt like he needed to take advantage now, while they were fresh on everyone's mind.

It was then that Pledisboss had come up with a brilliant idea about what to do with that one-month hiatus (which of course was not a long-awaited After School comeback).

Pledisboss had the song Armor already recorded by both NU’EST and Seventeen. He could release both versions, and boom, instant fortune. The song was already promoted more than almost any other song ever. It would certainly top all charts all over the world. Not only was it a good song, but the deceased members (S.Coups and Baekho) had also participated in it. It was perfect.

He decided to frame its release as some kind of tribute to the two members. He would get the Pledis team to look through their archives for clips of the two boys and release the song with an MV of the two bastards smiling and being cute for the cameras. It was brilliant. The public pays a lot of money for emotional like that, and so Pledisboss was absolutely certain this would bring in a whole lot of money.

-

Aron and Ren took the bus to Busan at the start of their “official hiatus” or whatever.

Ren looked forward to finally seeing his family after all of this crap. Aron went with Ren on the pretense that he wanted to collect his dog, Mel, who was staying at Minhyun’s home in Busan.

They both, however, had other plans in Busan.

They knew Woozi’s address because they had visited him back in their early debut days when they had a fansign in Busan. Baekho and Woozi had been dating, and so they had all gone to Woozi’s home that night for dinner. Once upon a time...

They knocked the door when they arrived at their first destination. In the situation they were in, it would have probably been more appropriate if they had broke in or something, but they figured that they weren’t in the mood.

It was Woozi’s mother who opened the door. As soon as she saw them, she slammed it in their face.

“We just want to talk to him!” Ren yelled across the door.

“Get out, or I’m calling the police!” she responded angrily.

“Mom, let them in,” they heard Woozi say.

“But…”

Woozi opened the door before his mother could complain.

"Hey..." Woozi greeted them with a sullen look on his face. He opened the door and let them in.


A/N: I'm sorry for all the ambiguity I am plaguing you guys with in this story lol. It will all come together soon, don't worry! XD

BTW there are like 3ish chapters left?