A Big Fat Lie

The Forgotten Band

The members of Seventeen did not react well to Minhyun’s revelation. If the tension was bad before, it was absolutely disastrous now.

At first, the entire group seemed to turn against Joshua. He had defended them before, and so immediately, everyone thought he was the culprit.

Joshua, of course, stoutly denied it. He couldn’t believe that s would even think that he would do anything to jeopardize any member of Seventeen. He was so hurt; he actually broke into a fit of tears when the members were accusing him, which caused people to to back off.

Somehow, the next culprit was Woozi.

“You dated one of them for like two years!” Hoshi pointed out.

“We broke up ages ago,” Woozi responded. “You can’t possibly use that to suspect me of working with those .”

“Hoshi has a point,” Vernon said, crossing his arms and looking at Woozi with piercing eyes, “you’re probably still in love with him and so now you’re working with them because your precious boyfriend is there.”

“What the hell are you saying? After S.Coups, I’m the one affected the most by this scandal. They ing revealed that I didn’t compose the songs that Pledis said I composed. You think I’d be an ally to someone who said that about me?”

“You know,” Seokmin interrupted, “I think it might be Seungkwan. He’s a momma’s boy after all, and if S.Coups slept with his mom, Seungkwan would definitely do everything in his power to destroy him…”

Seungkwan’s jaw dropped at the accusation. He then frowned and said: “shut the up DK. It’s probably you. You’ve been uncharacteristically quiet throughout this entire thing, which is very suspicious for someone like you who usually can’t keep their ing mouth shut.”

“You know,” Vernon interrupted, “I think I know who it is. It’s Hoshi.”

“What?” Soonyoung asked, “what did I ever do to suggest that?”

“Didn’t you choreograph one of NU’EST’s dances? You must have become BFFs with them in the time you spent with them…”

“Oh shut up Vernon,” Mingyu scoffed when he said it. “You’re so hell-bent on blaming other people when it’s probably you. You’re the one with the Western mom, and you know those promiscuous Western women. She probably found S.Coups attractive, slept with him, and you found out and so wanted to get revenge on S.Coups by revealing all of that information to NU’EST…”

“You did NOT just insult my mother,” Vernon threatened.

“Yes, I did, and I think that…” Mingyu was unable to finish that sentence. Vernon’s fist had already been swung hard into Mingyu’s face. It did not stop with one punch though. The enraged Vernon pushed Mingyu on the ground and continued striking a defenseless Mingyu with his fists.

It took Wonwoo and Woozi to pull Vernon off of Mingyu, who now had blood all over his face and was in pain.

Mingyu had to be taken to hospital.

Unfortunately, the information that Mingyu was hospitalized due to serious injuries resulting from a fistfight got out to the media, reinforcing exactly what NU’EST had claimed: Seventeen’s “brotherhood” is a big fat lie.

Wonwoo, infuriated that Vernon had the nerve to do that to Mingyu, took things into his own hands later. He and Vernon also had a physical fight, which led to serious injuries for the both of them. It was Junghan that stopped it.

You’d think that this would have put the end to the accusations between the members, but it didn’t. Every member began to suspect the other. Even the close ones like Seokmin and Soonyoung or Jun and Minghao. Everyone began tearing each other apart. No one trusted one another anymore. The members of Seventeen could not even look at one another.

Junghan realized that NU’EST succeeded in their plan. ‘That Seventeen group: we’ll destroy them all,” was their objective. They destroyed Seventeen, and not only by the information they revealed about S.Coups. They destroyed the group by instilling distrust among the members. Junghan sincerely believed that there actually is no traitor, and that there was no affair. He genuinely believed that NU’EST just said it to turn them against one another, therefore aiding in their objective of destroying them.

Junghan hated NU’EST. They destroyed one of the most precious things Junghan had ever been a part of. And if he ever had a chance, he would definitely avenge them.

-

The following morning, a Japanese police station released this statement to the public: Kang Dongho, more commonly known as Baekho of NU’EST, turned himself into the police in the morning of December 9th. He is now held at the police station for further questioning. A trial will be held on the 11th.

The Seventeen members rejoiced. Finally, it was coming to an end. Finally, the police found one of them. Finally.

One member, however, did not rejoice.

Woozi could not feel happy about it, no matter how much he tried. Out of all of them, why did they have to catch Baekho? It just so happened that Woozi cared the most about Baekho out of all of them. Actually, he hated them all but Baekho.

Woozi was not in love with Baekho. Not anymore at least. However, but Baekho was part of Woozi’s thrilling past, a past that Woozi treasured and wanted to remember. One would not be able to help feeling some sense of attachment to someone who is part of that…

There was one part of the police statement that confused Woozi, that the rest of the Seventeen members seemed to ignore. Baekho turned himself in. He wasn’t captured or found; he willingly relented. Woozi thought he had a good idea why.

Baekho was still in love with him after all.


A/N: This is the first time I have ever written mystery, and I just realize how difficult it is. You can't just write the sotry, you have to also guide the readers' thinking, and you're never sure if you did it well enough haha ^^
Thanks for all of your guesses last time! You'll have to wait a bit longer for the revelation :)