Second Mystery

The Forgotten Band

The video of the scripted apology was released that night, just a few hours after it was filmed. The video was very cleverly edited. It showed Seventeen’s initial real anger, their cursing at Baekho, and the initial tension between them that was not scripted. It then gradually turned into the scripted fake apology, which also seemed real. But the Seventeen members all cringed when they watched it.

Of course, the view count for that video was off the charts, quickly becoming the most viewed YouTube video of the day. It raked in 10 million views in just a few hours.

Netizens reacted the way the members expected they would react. Everyone was back on Seventeen’s side:

“No one will believe anything NU’EST says anymore. They should just give up.”
“NU’EST, shame on you.”
“Why is Baekho not in jail??”
“Give up NU’EST. People will never stop supporting Seventeen. It’s okay that SCoups did drugs and everything. Everyone makes mistakes.”
“Honestly NU’EST is evil. They went too far with the mother affair thing, and with accusing a member of betraying S.Coups. They should have stopped after they revealed the injustice of Pledis. I was supporting them, but now I wish they just disband and go to jail. Poor Seventeen.”
“Seventeen, fighting! NU’EST, off.”
“HOW IS THE JAPANESE POLICE SO INCOMPETENT?? They still have not captured NU’EST?? how much more harm will they do???”

-

NU’EST did not stay quiet in the face of all these new attacks. A few after the release of the video, Minhyun posted the following:

Dear Baekho, our trust, you did betray,
We’re surprised that it turned out this way,
We’re sorry for what we did to you,
But your current actions, it does not excuse.
Traitors lie with traitors. It’s natural, I guess,
I hope you’re happy with whom you obsess.

Our team has stuck together until now,
Baekho, we will stick with our vow.
This path of destruction, we will continue to tread.
Tell Seventeen: they’ve much more to dread.

-

No one knows whether or not Baekho read that message or not.

Within a few hours of it being released, in middle of the night, a huge fire broke out in the Pledis building. It led to the death of the five people that were inside the building then, including Baekho.

The police had investigated the fire, and they concluded that it started from the outside. There was also evidence of the use of diesel to accelerate the fire.

Someone had deliberately started a fire so large, it was impossible to extinguish in time to save anyone inside.


A/N: Surprise, surprise.  Yall thought I would kill a Seventeen member first :P

Guess the culprit? I did give hints!!!!!

I will open up the previous offer again: anyone who guesses right will get a oneshot of any band/genre/pairing they desire written by me dedicated to them :) Offer no longer in effect !