Mystery

The Forgotten Band

Pledis had to release a statement with regards to the situation. The world was flipping out, and things were spiraling out of control. Seventeen and NU’EST’s images were both on the line.

Pledisboss had to carefully construct the statement. NU’EST was now getting more attention than any other Pledis artist ever, and the money that Pledis was now getting because of all the extra sales from this massive media rally was amazing. Pledisboss knew that he would not be able to maintain this capital inflow. There was an arrest warrant for NU’EST, and the members of NU’EST didn’t seem willing to cooperate themselves. They were only interested in brining down Seventeen.

Seventeen is all that Pledisboss had right now for future security of the company. He can’t let NU’EST bring them down any further.

Hello, this is Han Sung Soo. S.Coups is currently undergoing psychological treatment. He refuses to make any statement, but he has relayed to me that he is very regretful for his past actions. We at Pledis will do our best to keep him at his best mental health state until he is able to face the public eye and respond to the allegations against him. As for now, both Seventeen and NU’EST are on an official hiatus until this ordeal is dealt with. Seventeen members will stay in their dorm apartment, heavily guarded in the case of a security breach attempt. Our number one priority is the safety and well being of the Seventeen members right now.

There is a search team in Japan looking for NU’EST. They will be taken into custody and put on trial as soon as they are caught.

The images are clearly real. It is true that S.Coups has a past he would rather not relive. However, he is now completely changed. His dedication to Seventeen has led him to abandon his past way of life and fully commit himself to the group and to his rap music. The members of Seventeen, the staff, and everyone who currently knows S.Coups would attest to that.

S.Coups did NOT have an affair with a member’s mother. That claim is completely groundless, and uncalled for. NU’EST offered no proof, nor will they be able to because it did not happen. I ask that NU’EST stop spreading false information that not only defames S.Coups, but also the mothers of the Seventeen members, who have been absolutely furious at these allegations.

That our artists have caused such a commotion, Pledis Entertainment is very sorry.

Pledisboss was of course unsure about whether or not S.Coups really had an affair with another member’s mother. When Pledisboss asked him about it, S.Coups did not deny it, but neither did he affirm it. Pledisboss figured that it would be best to deny it, given that this was the one thing that all of the netizens were hating S.Coups for.

Even if it were true, there is no way it would be proven unless both the mother and S.Coups come clean about it, which did not seem likely. Pledisboss was sure he would get away with denying it, even if it were true.

-

Minhyun’s response to that read as follows:

With our shortcoming, we do agree.
We’ve no proof of the infidelity.
But we will just say this, just put it out there.
How do we know about the affair?

Someone told us about it you see,
Who knows more about S.Coups than we.
A lot of time together they do spend,
We thought he’d be considered a friend.
One of s, it is true,
Has revealed what we had conveyed to you.
The affair for one, and the photos as well.
He wanted S.Coups to go through this hell.

The Seventeen members are not close friends.
The group chemistry they show you is just pretend.
At least one of them hates another, it’s clear.
So much so, they’d ruin his career.

So who is this traitor, you will ask.
But him we decide to refuse to unmask.
He helped us a lot, he’s an ally you see,
We won’t turn him in so effortlessly.
But know, world, that this is the case.
That S.Coups, a “friend” had tried to deface.
If that is a true fact one has to go by,
Seventeen’s “brotherhood” is a big fat lie.

 


A/N: Ooooo mystery. Who do you guys think the traitor is? Is there even one at all? Take your guesses! There are hints in this chapter and the previous ones alluding to the answer!

If you're right, I'll write you a oneshot with whatever band/pairing/genre/prompt you desire (OFFER NO LONGER EFFECTIVE BECAUSE THE ANSWER HAS BEEN REVEALED IN LATER CHAPTERS!)