(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Okay

--

 

“Is she awake?”

 

Doctor Sooyoung nodded with a smile. “She’s been waiting for a visitor.” She slid the door of the wardroom to open, allowing the visitor to walk into the room. And so Tiffany did. With heavy steps, she entered the room – bringing the patient’s backpack with her.

 

“Fany!”

 

Tiffany smiled warmly. “Hi, Taetae. How are you feeling?” She took a seat at the chair next to the bed and held the patient’s hand.

 

“Sad.” Taeyeon answered; unknown that Tiffany’s heart clenched. “Hyoyeonie is not here yet.”

 

“Don’t worry. Hyoyeon is on her way right now.”

 

“Yay!” Taeyeon flashed a smile. “Anyway, isn’t that my backpack?”

 

“I brought your coloring book.” Tiffany took out a book and a coloring set.

 

“Nice!” Taeyeon happily took her belongings to her hands and opened it, taking out a piece of note. “It’s still here.” She kissed the note and showed it to her friend. “Look!”

 

Happy Birthday! I love you, Taeyeonie :*

Have fun coloring like how you color my heart with your love! Kekekeke.

— Yours forever, Hyoyeonie.

 

Tiffany nodded a smile. “You still keep it, hmm?”

 

“Of course!” Taeyeon put the note back inside her coloring book and placed the book on her laps. She was about to say something but a sudden pain came through her heart which caused her to clench her chest tightly. “Argh!”

 

“Taetae!” Tiffany quickly stood up, draping an arm around her friend. “Oh no.” She saw how the patient’s shirt slowly coated with blood from where Taeyeon was clutching to.

 

“F–Fany…”

 

Without waiting any further, she immediately called for her girlfriend. “Sooyoungie!” The doctor who was waiting outside quickly barged into the room and helped Taeyeon.

 

“Fany, please wait outside.” Sooyoung said to her girlfriend as a few nurses came rushing inside the room as well.

 

Tiffany held Sooyoung’s hands tightly. “Help her, please.” Sooyoung gave her a reassuring nod and quickly went to check Taeyeon.

 

Please be okay.

 

-*-

 

Apparently, Taeyeon was transferred back inside the emergency room the moment Hyoyeon arrived at the hospital. “Tiffany!” She called out for her friend that was sitting outside the room. “Where is she?!”

 

“Hyoyeon ah.” Tiffany softly called and cried as soon as her friend engulfed her into a hug. “S–She’s getting weaker…”

 

“What? B–But–”

 

“Her heart is stopping, Hyoyeon!” Tiffany exclaimed between her tears.

 

Hyoyeon began to tremble. How could this be? She paid all those surgeries and medicines in order to help her lover but now she was here, being told that they were getting worst as days passed. Taeyeon was suffering a heart failure and Hyoyeon only knew about this when she found the girl fainted at the living room of their shared apartment weeks ago. Now what should Hyoyeon do? Her girlfriend’s dying and she’s running out of things to help them. Except for–

 

….!

 

“Fany,” Hyoyeon stood up from the seat and looked inside the emergency room. “Is Sooyoung in there?”

 

Tiffany nodded in confusion. “Why?”

 

“I need to have a talk with her.” Hyoyeon lowered her head, eyes staring at her dancing shoes that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter