(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your Love

--

 

“….And they all died terribly ever after.”

 

Taeyeon was able to catch the last sentence of her lover’s story telling when she walked inside the room. Instead of seeing a sleeping Seulgi, she saw how their little girl was applauding to Hyoyeon’s story and was obviously wide awake. Because of this, she heaved a long sigh. She finally accepted the reality on where she was taking care of two children instead of one and one of them is her wife for goodness sakes.

 

“Yah, I thought I told you to put her to sleep with a sleepy bedtime story?” She began as she walked closer to the bed and took a sit on the edge. “Plus, did I just heard you say ‘died terribly ever after’ when I entered? Is that even a kid’s story?!”

 

Hyoyeon shared a short glance with her daughter before turning her head to her wife. “Baby, bedtime stories don’t always have a happy ending.” She shrugged.

 

“Yeah, what umma says, mommy!” Seulgi nodded in agreement and quickly pulled her blanket to cover half of her face when Taeyeon shot her a look. “Okay, Sseul will be quiet now.”

 

Taeyeon sighed again. “Get some sleep okay, baby? You have school tomorrow.”

 

“Oh!” Seulgi’s brows quirked in wonderment. “Will Seungwan be at school too?”

 

The adults broke into smiles and Hyoyeon lightly ruffled her daughter’s hair as Taeyeon settled the teddy bear next to her daughter. “Yes, Seungwan will be there. Better energized yourself so you can play with Seungwan tomorrow.”

 

“And kishy kishy her as much as you want.” Hyoyeon wiggled her brows playfully to the younger one, earning an embarrassed look from them. “You know you want to give Seungwan some Sseul lovey kishy kishy.”

 

“Yah, umma….”

 

“Yah.” Taeyeon lightly knocked on her lover’s head before flashing a smile to their daughter. “It’s getting late. Time for mommy’s little angel to rest.” She leaned in to give Seulgi a kiss on the forehead and Hyoyeon followed suit.

 

“Goodnight, mommy. Goodnight, umma.”

 

“Goodnight, baby.”

 

Hyoyeon the night lamp and brought Taeyeon with her to the door to turn off the lights. They then walked out from the bedroom with Hyoyeon closing the door behind them afterwards. As she turned around, immediately she was pinned against the wall with a light thud. Hyoyeon then casually leaned against the wall as she put her arms on her wife’s waist, grinning at them mischievously.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You’re the best but also the worst mom ever.” Taeyeon complained softly and leaned in to give a quick peck.

 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. “I have my ways.”

 

“I know.” Taeyeon smiled. “I love it anyway. I love you.”

 

“Mm.”

 

“I’m gonna take a shower. Wanna join?”

 

Hyoyeon grinned. “I’d like to accept the offer but you go ahead. I need a drink. I’m really thirsty.”

 

“Ah,” Taeyeon slightly pouted at her wife’s reply. “Not thirsty for me?”

 

“What?”

 

“Kidding.”

 

-*-

 

Taeyeon noticed that no one was at the bedroom so she proceeded to go downstairs as she recalled that Hyoyeon wanted a drink. But she stopped her steps the moment she reached at the stairs. There were petals scattered throughout the stair steps and it instantly made her to smile. She knew Hyoyeon was planning something.

 

She was glad that they remember.

 

“Hyoyeonie?” She softly called for her lover’s name when she was walking down the stairs, following the path of the petals which ended up at the kitchen.

 

“Hey.” Hyoyeon was sitting at her usual seat, a bottle of wine with glasses for two and a piece of cake with a candle lit in the middle of it in front of her. “It’s not midnight yet but I just thought we could celebrate now.”

 

Taeyeon went to sit next to her lover with a smile as she happily accepted the glass of wine from the latter. “What about our baby?”

 

“We can celebrate with her tomorrow. Duh, baby.” Hyoyeon chortled.

 

“So, is this the only thing you’ve prepared for me?” Taeyeon rested her chin on her hand; her eyes gazing lovingly at the other person.

 

Hyoyeon slightly raised her glass towards her wife. “You like simple surprises and this is simple.” She said, making Taeyeon to giggle. “But of course, I got something else than this.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter