(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Burn

--

 

They usually were used to wake up next to each other with smiles and shared morning kisses that took them a while to get out from bed. But today, — today is different. Their hands were attached, fingers entwined loosely as it rest on the little gap between the pillows.

 

Hyoyeon gave it a kiss and Taeyeon smiled.

 

She then untangled their twined fingers as to move her hand gently over her face, making Taeyeon to close her eyes and feel the affection. Hyoyeon took time to read Taeyeon’s expression and could only come up with one thought.

 

Guilty. — She concluded by giving a kiss on Taeyeon’s head.

 

“Where did we go wrong?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes shot open. Right. They haven’t talked about last night — the most painful night in their whole chemistry together. A night they never knew would come.

 

“Where did I go wrong?”

 

No. This wasn’t Hyoyeon’s fault at all. The girl never did anything to hurt her. Yet it was her who did it. It was Taeyeon who was at fault.

 

Taeyeon placed a hand on Hyoyeon’s cheek, fondling it tenderly. “Nothing’s wrong with you.” She said with a bittersweet smile. “It’s just me.”

 

“Taeyeonie.” Hyoyeon called with a frown.

 

“It’s just me, Hyoyeonie.” Taeyeon heaved a sigh. “And I couldn’t fix this. I’ve ruined us.”

 

Hyoyeon said nothing and let Taeyeon to take her silence as an agreement to their statement. She pulled Taeyeon’s hand off from her cheek and once again have it held with hers a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter