(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only Mine

--

 

“I hate my mom.”

 

Taeyeon abruptly stopped colouring the picture when she heard what the former said. She shot a look to them and lightly slapped their arm. “Yah, how could you say that to your own mother?” She asked, returning back to her task.

 

“Mm.” Hyoyeon slumped her head on the table and watched her girlfriend’s activity. “I didn’t mean it, okay? It’s just that–” She heaved a sigh. “I’m disappointed at her.”

 

“Why?”

 

Hyoyeon eyed at the latter afterwards, looking anxious the moment Taeyeon looked at her too. “Taeyeonie,” She held Taeyeon’s free hand. “She set me up on a blind date.”

 

“Hmm?” Taeyeon arched her brows in confusion. “But I thought she liked me?”

 

“That’s what I thought too! She seemed so happy that we’re together and now–Ugh!” Hyoyeon buried her face in her folding arms. “I don’t even understand her anymore.”

 

A smile crept on Taeyeon’s face for a moment and quickly frowned when Hyoyeon looked at her. “W–Well, what are you going to do?” She reconnected their hands and also slumped her head on top of her colouring book, eyes on her dearest.

 

 “I’m not going, duh.” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“But Hyoyeonie,” Taeyeon entwined their fingers. “Your mother planned this just for you. Maybe she wants to find you a better partner than I am to you.”

 

“Hey, take that back!” Hyoyeon looked more upset than ever. “I don’t need anyone else. You’re perfect for me, Taeyeonie! Are you agreeing to let me go for a date with someone else that is not you?”

 

“I didn’t mean that, it’s just that–”

 

“Yah.” Hyoyeon sat up straight, eyes still at her girlfriend. “Do you even love me, Taeyeonie? You’re supposed to be on my side!”

 

Taeyeon sighed a smile as she sat up straight as well. “Of course, I love you.”

 

“Yet you want me to go for that date.” Hyoyeon crossed her arms on her chest and looked around the backyard of Taeyeon’s house.

 

“Hyoyeonie, you know I don’t mean it like that.” Taeyeon came closer to the sulking one and hugged their arms. She gave a peck on their cheek and rested on their shoulder afterwards. “I know I’m usually too possessive towards you but this time, I don’t mind. You’re only going out with this date of yours for once, right?”

 

Hyoyeon leaned her temple on Taeyeon’s head. “Now that I know you don’t love me as much as I love you, maybe I should go on a date with the person twice.” She scoffed playfully.

 

“You!” Taeyeon once again hit the former’s arm. “Don’t even think about it.”

 

“You know I won’t.” Hyoyeon planted a ghostly kiss on her girlfriend’s head. “But really, Taeyeonie. I wouldn’t want to go on a date with another person that isn’t you.”

 

Taeyeon smiled at it even if Hyoyeon couldn’t see her expression. She was content that Hyoyeon can’t. “It’s okay, Hyoyeonie. Listen to your mother and don’t you dare argue with her. If she really wants this then I have no choice but give in too. After all, this is only for one time…right?”

 

Hyoyeon was silent for a moment as she was thinking of something and when Taeyeon looked up to see her face, she heaved a sigh and buried her half of her face on her palm. “Taeyeonie, now I think I like it better when you’re possessive.”

 

“It’s okay.” Taeyeon giggled, giving a peck on Hyoyeon’s cheek one more time. “I’m still Hyobsessive. Just not this time since I wouldn’t want to fight against your mother.”

 

“Argh!” Hyoyeon yelled in frustration and went back to slump her head on the table as she let out a weird whine that Taeyeon found it amusing to listen to. “I don’t wanna go!”

 

-*-

 

Hyoyeon ended up going for it anyway. But even if she was going for it, she still was disappointed with her mother and doubting her girlfriend. Why are they forcing her to do this all of the sudden? Hyoyeon didn’t even want to think about it anymore as she just want to get this over with and have a sleepover at her girlf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter