(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over

--

 

Taeyeon felt hopeless and Hyoyeon was getting concern. She had been sitting inside the café for almost two hours now, Hyoyeon thought. Taeyeon’s expressions changed every minutes passed too. The dork was waiting for someone, Hyoyeon was sure of it. It was pretty obvious since Taeyeon was sitting across an empty chair of course. Hyoyeon happened to be window strolling on the streets with her friend, Yuri as they were making their way back to their dorm. But her plans changed when her eyes caught a familiar petite figure inside the usual café she always go for breakfast. Somehow she felt drawn to stay for a while for the girl and had Yuri to go home alone. Hyoyeon didn’t realized she had been staring at the happy to frowning girl for a good two hours until she read the time on her wristwatch.

 

“Well…” Hyoyeon straightened her spine and did a little stretch for a moment. “Time do flies so fast.”

 

Sighing a smile, Hyoyeon got up and went somewhere. She returned to the front of the café and could spotted Taeyeon was talking to the waitress without looking. The people around the café were throwing concern glances at her too and it shattered Hyoyeon’s heart a little when seeing the girl was getting ready to leave. Without hesitation, Hyoyeon fastened her pace inside the café and pretended to be out of breath which caused attentions around the place.

 

“Damn! Today is definitely not my day!” Hyoyeon panted and exhaled deeply once she was sure it was enough to make an act. She looked up to make an eye-contact with the stunned Taeyeon and started to whine while making her way towards the girl. “Hey, baby!”

 

Taeyeon blinked in confusion and continued to throw puzzled look at the least person she expected to show up. “H–Hyoyeon?” Her cheeks flushed to red when Hyoyeon planted a kiss on her cheek.

 

“I’m so sorry that I was late. I got stuck in the traffic and had my car broken down in the middle of the road. I tried calling you but you didn’t pick up, why?” Hyoyeon pouted and pulled the girl into a hug. Despite all the glances that were at both of them, she managed to whisper something to the girl. “Just act along with me. You do know how much I hate people staring, right?”

 

“Uhm…” Taeyeon gulped her embarrassment as well as she parted the hug. She then pretended to check on her phone and smiled sheepishly at the former. “Ah, I’m sorry. I put my phone on silent….”

 

Hyoyeon chuckled and was relieved everyone has retrieved back to their own activities, knowing that the couple has resolved their little problem. “It’s alright. Let’s sit?”

 

“Argh, you two always make such fluffy scenes.” The waitress said; acknowledging Taeyeon and Hyoyeon since they were regular customers in the café. “Hold on. I’ll place your usual orders and bring them to you soon.” She walked away to another table after a smile.

 

“Expecting someone?”

 

Taeyeon was a little startled when the person who was sitting across her voiced out. She didn’t expect Hyoyeon to be here with her right now. Yeah, she was secretly content that Hyoyeon had come to rescue her from a fail date. But why, out of all the people she knows, Hyoyeon was the one who comes to the picture in this unexpected situation? Taeyeon suspired a sigh and ran her fingers on her hair, not realizing Hyoyeon was inwardly gawking at her beauty.

 

“Y–Yeah.” Taeyeon rested her elbows on the table and then buried her face in her palms. “I shouldn’t have ignored Fany’s warning.” She groaned and softly cursed, “That jerk.”

 

Hyoyeon leaned her folding arms on the table as she made their heads closer to one another. “Who was the jerk?”

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

“Choi Sooyoung?” Hyoyeon echoed with her expression started to turn sour. “Why in the world would you go out on a date with someone who is a food obsessed? And yes, that jerk is such a jerk because she accepts date but never show up on any of it.”

 

Taeyeon looked as if she was about to cry when she listened to Hyoyeon. “W–Well, I think she’s kinda cute and I want to know her better….”

 

“Cute?” Hyoyeon leaned closer but the latter backed away shyly. “Cuter than I am?”

 

“Y–Yah,” Taeyeon glanced shortly at Hyoyeon and distant their head away from hers by poking them on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter