(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweet Valentine

--

 

A/N: Here's a Vday one-shot, as promised!

“Yuri! Yuri! Yuri! You need to help me!!” Hyoyeon went to Yuri’s table right after her class ended.

 

“What, Hyoyeonie?” Yuri stopped marking her Maths worksheets and turned to look at her friend who was now kneeling on the floor.

 

“It’s Valentine’s Day today —“ Yuri cut Hyoyeon off half way, “I have a date, and it’s impossible between us, Hyoyeon baby.” Yuri cupped Hyoyeon’s cheeks only to earn a slap on her arm.

 

“You know I have a CRUSH!” Hyoyeon stood up and sat on the empty chair opposite Yuri.

 

“Alright, I’ll help you. So what is it that you need me to help you? Buy a bouquet of roses? Reserve a table at a restaurant? Lend you my Porsche?” 

 

“No, no! I have not even asked her out yet!!!! What should I do Yuri?!?!?!?!” Hyoyeon was panicking like never before but her best friend was calm enough to help her think of a solution.

 

“My dear Hyoyeon, aren’t you a literature teacher? I’m sure you can write something and give it to her right?” 

 

“Right… I’m a literature teacher… Write about what? Write down my feelings about her?” 

 

Hyoyeon received a knock on her forehead. “Pabo! Ask her out for dinner tonight! Okay, I shan’t keep it from you no more. I’ve reserved a table for two at the restaurant just down the street. So you’d better start workin’ on your letter now.” 

 

“You did?! Oh my god! Yuri, you’re really my lifesaver! Thanks ya!” Hyoyeon ruffled Yuri’s hair and went back to her table.

 

What should I write to her…

 

Hyoyeon sat at her table with her mind totally BLANK. She didn’t know what to write as Taeyeon and her barely talk every day albeit Taeyeon’s table is just two tables behind hers.  Hyoyeon stared blankly at the paper until she realised Taeyeon hasn’t been back yet.

 

Hyoyeon’s table were facing the door, so when someone enters, Hyoyeon would be the first to see them.

 

However, Taeyeon hasn’t come in yet.

 

Hyoyeon scribbled a few words onto the paper and went out of the office to look for Taeyeon. She needed to give Taeyeon the letter, else it might be too late.

 

The short haired girl walked around the school but Taeyeon was nowhere to be found. She saw students streaming out from a classroom and that was an Art Classroom so Hyoyeon wondered if Taeyeon is in there.

 

 Hyoyeon stopped a student. “Is Miss Taeyeon inside the classroom? Is she coming out anytime soon?” 

 

“Ah, no. Miss Taeyeon said she’ll be staying until late evening because she has an artwork to finish.” 

 

Hyoyeon thanked the student and walked towards the classroom.

 

ASA! It’s your chance Hyoyeon!! 

 

Hyoyeon knocked the door before entering and saw Taeyeon looking at her right in her eyes.

 

“H-hi…” Hyoyeon greeted awkwardly.

 

“Hi.” Taeyeon smiled. She had an art easel in front of her and Hyoyeon wondered what she was drawing.

 

“Am I interrupting you?” 

 

“Not at all. Have a seat. Sorry it’s a little dirty, my kids just finished their final artwork today.”

 

Hyoyeon absolutely loved it when Taeyeon calls the students “her kids”.

 

“It’s Valentine’s Day today, do you have any plans tonight?” Hyoyeon asked while Taeyeon was focused on her artwork.

 

“Hmm.. I don’t know if it can be counted as a plan, but I’m planning to ask my crush out tonight with this drawing I am going to gift her.” 

 

“Nice… Who is she? Do I know her? Is she a teacher in this school too?” Hyoyeon’s curiosity was piqued. 

 

Please say it’s me, please!

 

“Yup… You’re the closest to her actually.” 

 

The only person that comes into Hyoyeon’s mind is only Yuri. There is no one else that Hyoyeon is close to except for Yuri. Hyoyeon’s heart was shattering into pieces and if she leaves now, it would make things awkward. 

 

Hyoyeon crushed the letter and put it behind her on the seat so Taeyeon won’t see it.

 

“Ah, I see.. I think I know who. Can I see what you’re drawing then? I promise I won’t tell her!” 

 

“Nooooo!!! This artwork is only for her to see… I’m not planning on letting anyone know I’ve drawn this for her.” Taeyeon showed a toothy smile and Hyoyeon loved that.

 

“Pfft! Alright! Good luck for everything Taeyeon.” Hyoyeon pretended to be angry but smiled sweetly again at Taeyeon before returning to the office.

 

After Hyoyeon left, Taeyeon stopped what she was doing and went to clean up the classroom as it was quite dirty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter