(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First

--

 

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You're lying!”

 

“No, I'm not!”

 

“Wow... With Eunhyuk oppa?”

 

“Yup.”

 

The 8 year old Hyoyeon nods triumphantly. Or tries to make it looks like she is proud of herself. The lie is obvious, but apparently Yuri and Sooyoung are as credulous as she thought they were.

 

“I'm jealous. How was it?” Yuri asks

 

“Meh.” She shrugs. “Nothing special.”

 

“Really? But it was your fist time, it should have been good!”

 

Right, she hadn't thought of that.

 

She clears quickly. “I'm kidding, it was amazing!”

 

“So are you two together now?” Sooyoung questions too.

 

Well, she can't lie about this.

 

“No. But you two have been asking more than one question, it's not fair. Sooyoung-ah your turn, truth or dare?”

 

“Dare!”

 

Hyoyeon looks around the playground while humming before suddenly having an idea.

 

“Make an angel in the sand!” She says.

 

“What? But I'll get sand in my hair.” Sooyoung complains, a pout on her lips.

 

“Whatever, you shouldn't have chose the dare. Come on, we're waiting.”

 

Hyoyeon nudges Yuri with her elbow, obviously enjoying Sooyoung's reaction as she gets up, mumbling incomprehensible things. The girl walks to the sandbox and lies down to do as she had been dared to do. She sits back up and shakes her head to get rid of as much sand as she can. She shoots a glare at her two friends, who now openly laugh about the situation. Her eyes settle on a small figure on the other side of the sandbox and they widen as she gets an idea. She walks back to where the other two girls are sitting, a small smirk on her lips.

 

“Hyoyeonie, truth or dare?”

 

“Yah, I'm playing too, you know? Yuri whines.

 

“Dare!” Hyoyeon says.

 

Good.

 

“Yuri-ah, trust me, you'll love this. Hyoyeon-ah...” She begins, the smile on her lips widens dangerously. “I dare you to go kiss that boy over there. On the lips!”

 

She points to where she had seen the boy sitting at the sandbox, noticing Hyoyeon's eyes widening in shock.

 

“What?! I can't do that, I don't even know him!”

 

“Well you shouldn't have chosen the dare then.” She repeats Hyoyeon words from earlier. “If you don't, then I don't believe you kissed Eunhyuk oppa, because that means that you're still saving your first kiss for someone!”

 

Hyoyeon gulps down. Now she doesn't feel that smart lying about the kiss. She has to decide. Does she want to tell the truth or kiss that boy. If she does tell the truth, then she won't hear the end of it. It's just a kiss, she tells herself. She nods, having decided and gets up. The more she steps forward, the more her heart thumps inside her chest.

 

“Hum, hello?” She attempts, her voice quivering, but it makes the sitting boy turn around to face her, a look of surprise on his face. “I'm Hyoyeon and my friends dared me to kiss you.”

 

The boy's eyes become wider and Hyoyeon doesn't think twice and leans down to press her lips gently against his slightly parted ones. Her heart jumps and she quickly pulls away, her lips tingling from the contact. Behind her, she hears her two friends' gasps and their ushered comments. The sounds bring her back to reality and she blinks a few times before making eye-contact with the boy.

 

“Uh... T- Thanks.”

 

Hyoyeon doesn't know why she said that, because she can't quite think of anything else to say, or even think at all, so she turns around intending to leave without saying anything else, but a girl's voice stops her in her track.

 

“I'm- I'm Taeyeon.”

 

Wait, what?

 

*

 

“Hyoyeon-ah, where are you going? It's late already!”

 

The 16 years old girl looks back to meet Sooyoung's gaze. She waves her hand dismissively.

 

“Go, I forgot something back there.” She tells.

 

“Ok, don't forget to call me tonight, alright?”

 

“Yup, don't worry.”

 

With that, her friend walks away, leaving her stand in the middle of the corridor. They had just finished school and it is Friday. Friday means something. Friday means that she is in the library. Hyoyeon heads towards the room and pushes the heavy door open, attracting a few curious gazes, which turns into surprised gazes as people notices who it is. She g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter