(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are songs in this fic, so if you want to listen to them, you can, just click on the links. You don't have to.

 

I'm sorry...?

--

 

 

It all started as a joke and what Hyoyeon thought wouldn't be taken seriously, had been. She should have known better than to tell that to Tiffany. But then again, how could she have known that Tiffany personally knows someone who does this. Yet, here she is having this conversation with her friend on the phone.

 

“Fany, I was joking, really.” She groans.

 

“I'm sorry, but you sounded pretty serious when you told me that.”

 

“I was drunk...”

 

This is something she needs to remember in the future. Never ever tell something like that again to her friend while being drunk.

 

“Sounded like a plea to me.”

 

Hyoyeon grits her teeth together, knowing exactly that Tiffany is grinning from ear to ear and damn, how she wants to slap that stupid smile off her friend's face.

 

“Don't worry, it's going to be fine, trust me. Plus I already asked my friend.”

 

“What?”

 

“Oh come on, Hyoyeon-ah. You won't regret it. And it's free, so you should be happy!”

 

“I'm absolutely delighted.” She mutters.

 

“Tonight, 9pm, be ready, alright? And enjoy your birthday present.”

 

Hyoyeon acquiesces, not really having any other choices than to accept anymore. She sighs deeply, once again wondering why she had ever said that she wanted to have someone perform a striptease for her birthday. Obviously the thought had crossed her mind a few times already, but she would have never imagine that Tiffany would take her seriously. She looks down at her phone, checking the time to see that it is already past 3pm. She groans and falls back down against the mattress.

 

*

 

“This is stupid.”

 

Hyoyeon paces from her bathroom to her bedroom, having freshly came out of the shower.

 

“I can't believe I'm feeling nervous about this.” She mumbles, stopping in the middle of her bedroom and throwing her hands up in the air. “Me. Nervous. Can you believe this Vivian?”

 

Her eyes land on the small dog lying down on the bed, which doesn't move and barely looks back at her.

 

“Well, thank you for caring about me.” She says wryly.

 

She walks towards her wardrobe and wonders for a moment, what she could wear, but finishes by choosing a simple white t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. She is not going to have dinner with the person anyways, why would she dress up? After putting her clothes on, she goes to the living room and stops for a moment. She had placed candles all around the living room, to create a dim atmosphere. She knows the atmosphere has an important role in those type of... Situations. She strides to the kitchen and takes a small bottle of water from the fridge. She takes a long gulp from it and looks at the clock hanging next to the fridge. Already twelve minutes past 9pm and Hyoyeon starts to wonder if Tiffany would have lied to her. No, not Tiffany, she thinks. Maybe Sooyoung would have, but this is not Tiffany's type. She grits her teeth together, decided to call her friend when the doorbell rings once and she stops moving, frozen. She takes one last gulp from her bottle before putting it down on the counter and walking towards the front door. She takes a deep breath in as she nervously passes a hand in her hair before leaning in to look into the peephole and frowning.

 

“What the...”

 

Hyoyeon swings the door open and comes face-to-face with a black-haired woman, who smiles at her.

 

“Hi, I'm sorry for being late, I couldn't find your building.”

 

After receiving no answer from Hyoyeon, the woman her head slightly to one side as she quirks up her eyebrow.

 

“Hello?”

 

Hyoyeon blinks rapidly and clears , trying to regain some composure.

 

“Oh, I- I'm sorry, but who are you?” She asks.

 

The woman extends her right hand in Hyoyeon's direction.

 

“I'm Taeyeon, Tiffany's friend.”

 

“Tiffany's... Friend.” Hyoyeon repeats, slowly registering the words.

 

“Yes and I'm here for Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon continues, but a frown forms on her face and her extended hand falls back to her side. “And... You're not her. I'm very sorry, I must have gotten the number wrong-”

 

“No!” Hyoyeon cuts her off. “I'm Hyoyeon, it's just I... I'm sorry, I was expecting to see a guy to be honest.”

 

Yes, it is true, she hadn't expected Tiffany's friend to be a woman and well, she hadn't exactly told her friends about her being attracted to women yet. Obviously Tiffany has noticed it and Hyoyeon wonders how. She will have to ask her friend about that later.

 

“A guy? If you want I can call someone else to replace me.”

 

“Oh, hum... N- No, I... I actually don't mind you being a...”

 

“A girl?” Taeyeon smirks.

 

“Y- Yeah, that.” She says, the pitch of her voice suddenly lower, so she clears before continuing. “Please come in.”

 

Hyoyeon moves aside to let the other woman walk inside her apartment and uses this opportunity to take a better look at her, or at least of what she could see, which isn't much except for the beige trench coat and black heels, while her hair is straightened smoothly and tied in a high ponytail. Hyoyeon closes door before showing the way to the living room.

 

“This way.”

 

They both silently walk to living room and each steps Hyoyeon takes, causes her to feel more and more nervous.

 

“Candles, uh?”

 

Hyoyeon stops, feeling slightly embarrassed. Maybe she shouldn't have done that after all.

 

“It's too much, I knew it. I'm sorry, I'll just extinguish them.”

 

“No, don't.” Taeyeon blurts out. “It's perfect actually.”

 

“Oh... Ok.”

 

There is a small silence between them and Hyoyeon once again wonders why she had to say anything to Tiffany, but more specifically, why her friend took her so seriously. Gosh, this is awkward, she thinks. She tries to look somewhere else while Taeyeon puts her purse down.

 

“Do you have a CD player somewhere?”

 

“Uh, yes. Under the television.”

 

Hyoyeon stays put, watching the other woman walk and kneel in front of her hi-fi system and bites the inside of her cheek, not really knowing what to do at the moment. What is she even supposed to do in this situation anyway? Taeyeon chooses that moment to turn her head towards her.

 

“It's your first time, isn't it?” Taeyeon questions, a small smile gracing her lips.

 

“I- Hum... Y- Yeah.” She stutters.

 

Hyoyeon is not sure of what makes her more nervous right now. The situation, or the woman in front of her. She is not the type of person to be nervous in front of someone, so hearing herself talk like that frustrates her.

 

“It's ok, don't be nervous.” Taeyeon reassures.

 

“I'm not, I-” She starts, but the words refuse to leave , making her sigh and she hangs her head down.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter