The Crying Bunny

Ignore Me Not!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

“Goodbye Kookie”

Jungkook close his eyes tight.

 

BANG!

 

He waited for the pain to spread all over his body.

But the pain never come.

Jungkook opened his eyes. He looked at Jimin’s direction.

Jimin still held the gun. But it didn’t pointed at Jungkook anymore.

Jimin stood there. His face stiff. Chest raised and fell constantly. Jungkook was about to speak but Jimin cut it.

“Don’t say anything” Jimin whispered. He put the gun back to his pocket. Jungkook’s mouth opened but Jimin quickly covered it. “They would know if you’re still alive” Jimin whispered again. Jungkook’s eyes widened and he went speechless.

Isn’t he supposed to kill me?

Jungkook gulped.

“I’ll carry Jin. You can walk, can’t you?” Jimin didn’t look straight at Jungkook’s face.

“W-Why…?” Jungkook’s voice came out as whisper. But Jimin gestured him to silent.

Jimin still didn’t open his mouth. He put Jin on his back and helped Jungkook to stand. They tiptoed to the backdoor.

“J-jimin..?”

“I like you” cut Jimin.

Jungkook’s eyes went wide. Jimin looked troubled. They walked silently at the backyard. Jimin eyes busy monitored the surrounding to make sure there’s no one of his team followed and saw them.

“But… but you-”

“Supposed to kill you. Yeah. I’m fully aware” Jimin stopped. He was facing Jungkook directly. Eyes to eyes. “At first I thought this would be easy since I have no idea Jin is your bodyguard. After I knew it, I became more careful. I couldn’t let Jin know who I am” Jimin brushed some dirt from Jungkook’s face.

“I’m still playing with you all the time. In the class, in the canteen, in the music room, everywhere. But its getting annoying each day because Jin was always there. Everywhere, every time, every moment, Jin always there. At first I only think this is annoying because my job is getting harder. But as the time passed, it’s not your bodyguard who annoyed me. But it’s Kim Seokjin himself”

Jungkook couldn’t find his voice. He couldn’t even blink.

“I became greedier. I want you all by myself without this jerk” Jimin wiggled Jin on his back. “At first everything was only for my job. But eventually, it’s no longer the job. It’s me” Jimin’s eyes went glossy. “I want you all for myself. I like spending time with you. I ing like it. You’re cute, funny, and sincere. You never asked my past, you never ask anything in return. You see the real me that I had buried long time ago because of my job. You laughed with me, even I couldn’t find myself mad at you when you made fun of my height” Jimin stepped closer and touch Jungkook’s cheek.

“I can’t kill you Jungkook” Jimin’s first tears rolled down on his left cheek. “I can’t kill someone that I loved” Jimin sobbed.

Jungkook didn’t know how to respond. He just stood there and let Jimin kissed his forehead.

Jimin let some memories of his time with Jungkook replayed in his mind.

 

Flashback…

 

Jimin thought it would be easy. He only need to kidnap the boy and kill him. after that, Jeon Jaemin, Jungkook’s father would do anything to have his son back. But he never knew everything would turned back at him like a boomerang.

Jimin was used to treat Jungkook like he was Jimin’s crush. He flirt at the boy, he gave much attention, he would swipe Jungkook’s strained hair out of the boy’s forehead only to make the younger’s cheek reddened. He would gave Jungkook his lunch when the boy seemed unsatisfied with his lunch. Even he brought Jungkook’s favorite strawberry sorbet only to gain Jungkook’s trust.

And it became habit to him about making Jungkook happy. Without realizing it, Jimin fell for the boy. He was craving for Jungkook’s smile. Jimin who went panic that time, tried hard to ignore the feeling and erase it. But the more he tried to deny it, the stronger his feeling gotten. After several weeks struggling, Jimin given up.

It was in the middle of the semester. Jimin brought Jungkook his favorite chocolate cake. He was smiling while imagining how happy Jungkook would be. He was about to enter the classroom when he saw Jin pinched Jungkook’ cheek while feeding the boy chocolate cake.

Jimin couldn’t help but felt angered clouded his mind. There’s a sickening feeling in his chest seeing how happy Jungkook’s smile was when Jin put the chocolate cake into his mouth. He squeezed his left chest. It was pounding painfully.

Seeing Jungkook with Jin hurt him. Jimin turned back and threw the chocolate cake box into the trashcan.

It happened often. He couldn’t understand why he always late and Jin always one step ahead of him.

It was on Jungkook’s birthday. Jimin already packed a new pair of earphone along with Jungkook’s favorite band CD as his birthday gift. He was in the middle of the hallway when he saw Jin surprised Jungkook with a new pair of exactly the same earphone as his present for Jungkook. Jungkook cried in happiness and hugged the bodyguard. Again, Jimin threw away his gift for Jungkook.

Then the most painful moment in Jimin’s life happened. He was in the pedestrian way. His boss scolded him for being too slow at chasing Jungkook. Jimin couldn’t say the real reason he stop trying to hurt Jungkook was because he grew some feeling to the younger. So he just nodded and apologized.

Jimin walked faster while clutching his jacket. Then he saw a silhouette of Jungkook standing in the pedestrian way. He smiled and raised his hand to call the boy when he caught another figure towering beside Jungkook. Jimin eyes widened at the scene.

It was Jin. He held Jungkook’s hand tightly and kissed the boy’s forehead. Jimin could feel his heart shattered into microscopic pieces. He gulped and pulled his hand back to his pocket. He watched as Jungkook and Jin shared the loving stare at each other after the kiss. Jimin bite his lip and turned his head. He ran, together with a single tears that rolled down on his cheek.

 

Flashback end.

 

“I’m sorry I denied all of my feeling all this time. I avoided seeing your eyes because I’m afraid I’ll fall for you again” Jimin wiped his tears. “I’ve planned this. I made sure they will hire me to kill you so I got full authority toward you. That’s the only way you wouldn’t die” Jimin brushed his hair. “I’m sorry for being a jerk, Jungkook. I’m sorry I lied to you all this time. And I’m sorry about my job” Jimin pinched his nose to stop sobbing.

“Then quit your job” Jungkook didn’t realize he was crying too. “Quit it. Be with us. With me, with Taehyung, with Hoseok and Namjoon. Be a good man” Jungkook smiled at Jimin. Jimin could only starred at the boy. But he smiled in the end.

“I can’t” Jimin smiled. Jungkook hate to see how broken Jimin was.

“Why..?” Jungkook gulped. Jimin was about to answer when the sound of door being kicked startled both. Then Jimin’s eyes widened.

“Because a traitor like him will never live longer than the target” Jimin’s boss appeared with revolver in his hand. Together with his team.

“Run Jungkook” Jimin placed Jin’s arm on Jungkook’s shoulder. “RUN!!” Jimin pushed Jungkook, together with a loud bang followed by Jimin’s scream.

“Jimin!” Jungkook screamed once he saw Jimin being shot.

“RUN YOU STUPID! SAVE YOURSELF AND SEOKJIN!!” Jimin shouted while clutching his bleeding waist. Jungkook then run. He ce again at Jimin. Jimin smiled and mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ before fell on the ground.

“No…” Jungkook tears fell down like river. But he can’t stop running.

 

**

 

Jungkook woke up to the stinging feeling of IV on his hand.

His eyes fluttered opened. He could only saw white everywhere.

Then the realization hit him.

“Hyung!-Ouch!!” Jungkook held his head. His head was throbbing painfully.

“Jungkookie!!” and he heard someone yelled his name. He then turned his head at the source of the voice.

His eyes narrowed. “Taehyungie?” he whispered.

Taehyung was crying mess and poured himself at Jungkook, hugging him like there’s no tomorrow.

“T-Tae?” Jungkook stuttered.

“Oh my God I thought I lost you! Oh my God… Thanks God you’re safe!” Taehyung sobbed.

Jungkook still processed the information to his head.

“Kookie! My Son!” another yell.

Jungkook’s mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter