Crush Over

Looking back, Moving Forward

*

“Taeyeon, do you know that you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen?” Jiyong said without leaving her gaze.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Is she hearing words? Is G-Dragon, her crush, really saying that she’s the most beautiful woman in the world? Hey people, nobody’s allowed to wake her up from this dream.

“Yeah?” She asked while still looking at him.

 

*

He got lost in her eyes. And he wanted to kick himself to death because of the stupid thing he just said. No, this is not allowed.

“Aah, I mean Yoona. Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot you’re not Yoona.” He said sounding apologetic.

Wow, fantastic GD. Fantastic actor GD.

*

When Taeyeon heard that, she thought she fell off her seat. Yoona? Seriously, Yoona?!

Taeyeon felt like her blood boiled up to the tinniest stand of her hair.

“Oh yeah? Don’t worry, I’ll tell Yoona that GD said she’s the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen.” She said sarcastically with rolling eyes.

She stood up about to go to her room but hey, she won’t lose here.

“Hey.” She said.

“Yeah?” Said the dragon.

“Tell TOP-sunbaenim that he’s the most handsome Bigbang member and that G-Dragon-ssi is the ugliest. Oh sorry, I forgot you’re G-Dragon-ssi.” She said faking an apologetic look then she rolled her eyes as she left the place.

“Hey!” Jiyong said.

She faced him.

“Hey what? Don’t follow me in my room. You’re off limits. But don’t go anywhere or you’ll die.” She said then she didn’t look back anymore.

A round of applause for you, Jiyong. Come here and I’ll kill you.

 

*

Inside the room, Taeyeon’s anger hasn’t subsided even an inch.

“Ugh! Taeyeon. Yoona. What’s so close to those names? And what’s so close to our looks? Okay maybe Yoong is really prettier that me but that stupid jerk really had the nerve to admit that in front of my face. Pssh, as if he’s more handsome than PSY.” She said talking to herself.

And her own self has to answer too. “But he is, Taeyeon. He’s more handsome than PSY and he’s you’re crush.”

“No! At this moment, my stupid little crush for that stupid little jerk dragon is officially over. The end.”

She said with finality.

Moments later, her phone rang. It was her unnie.

Oh yeah, she remembered. Ji!

“Oh, unnie. How was it?” She asked excitedly.

Her unnie giggled. And what’s with that giggle?

“Well, I think you’ve got a good catch there. Just tell me if you don’t want him anymore.” She said.

“Oh no, we’re just friends, unnie. But for the record, you didn’t have with him, did you?” Taeyeon asked in confusion with her chest thumping.

But her unnie giggled like a school girl so her eyes widened.

“Uhhhmm, how do I say it? Technically not? Well congratulate me because my sanity prevailed. He was hot though.” Her unnie said.

If Taeyeon’s in a dream, please wake her up right now. As in now because her unnie will give her a heart attack.

“Unnie!!!!!!!!!! Seriously? How am I supposed to talk to him again?” She asked whining.

The other line laughed.

“Relax, Taeng. It’s not that bad to have phone once in a while.”

Her eyes widened again. Oh no, she isn’t hearing these things now.

“What?! Oh God help me, why is this happening to me?” She said voicing out her frustration.

But still, her unnie laughed.

“Calm down, okay? If he didn’t ask anything, just don’t talk. But I bet if he won’t.” She said with a giggle.

Taeyeon really wanted to cry in embarrassment right now.

“You know I love you but right now, I really hate you unnie. And you won’t get a G-Dragon fansign!” She said.

“I know. Okay bye, love you!” She said then she hung up.

Taeyeon lied on her bed. After that, is it still right to call Ji?

 

*

Jiyong was thinking about what happened earlier. Of course he didn’t think that Yoona was the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen. But as he always says, there is nothing more to Taeyeon than this crush.

He was on that thought when his phone rang.

“Yeah, what’s up hyung? How was the date?” Jiyong asked.

“Piece of cake.” He said.

Jiyong felt thankful. He solved the mess because of him. Alright then, Sandara Park it is.

“Thanks hyung. I owe you one. So, a date with Dara-noona?”

“Yeah. But another ate with little Kim is preferable.” He said matter-of-factly.

Jiyong frowned.

“What?” He asked his hyung.

Then his hyung chuckled.

“She’s hot man! If I just wasn’t thinking about you, I would’ve done it with her. She’s so damn willing but of course I chose to be the nice guy.” His hyung said.

Jiyong was so shocked with what he’s hearing..

“What the hell? F.U Hyung! What am I gonna tell her after what you did? Ugh!” Jiyong said in frustration.

“Don’t worry about that. Having a P.S partner doesn’t hurt, in fact, it’s great.”

Kim? His p.s partner? Oh no, hell no.

“Stop. Kim’s not like that.” Jiyong said.

His hyung chuckled again.

“Yeah whatever. I’ll hang up now, I’m busy. Bye!” He said then he ended the call.

 

Jiyong was left thinking about what to do. How’s her gonna talk to Kim now? It’s so embarrassing. Now she’ll think that he’s a maniac.

But hell, he needs to say sorry. So he called Kim temporarily forgetting Taeyeon.

*

Taeyeon heard her phone rang. It was Ji.

Should she answer? Ugh, whatever.

She did. With trembling hands…

“H-Hello?” It was her.

He sighed and then…

“Kim, about what happened, I—“ He started but she cut him.

“Oh no no no no, don’t go there. It was a nightmare, delete that from your memory. We won’t talk about that ever again.” She said firmly.

But to her surprise, Ji laughed so hard.

 

*

Jiyong can imagine Kim’s red face upon remembering her encounter with his hyung. She’s so funny and cute so she decided to .

“But it was hot and—“ But she cut him.

“Aaahh! Freaking -starved maniac! Stop!” She said.

But he still kept on laughing.

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop. But really Kim, you’re hot.” He continued teasing.

“One more word from you and you’ll say goodbye to earth.” She said angrily.

Feeling her embarrassment, he decided to stop.

“Okay, I’m sorry. You’re so funny, you know. Anyway, minus that you-don’t-want-to-talk-about thing, how did you find our meeting?” He asked.

*

Taeyeon didn’t know what to answer but of course based on the almost her unnie and him had, she was supposed to enjoy the date.

“Uhm, you were nice but sorry you’re not hotter than my crush. What about me?” She asked.

“My crush is still perfect but you were not bad.” He said.

“I know. Maybe I can change my opinion too since right now, I think that my crush is the biggest jerk in the world.” She said.

He grinned.

“Really? More jerk than me?” He asked.

“Yeah. He’s a super ugly jerk in my eyes now.” She said.

“Too bad because I think my crush feels the same way too.” He said.

“And why is that?” She asked with eyebrows raised.

“Long story. But anyway, so what’s it gonna be, who won the deal? are we going to meet again?” He asked.

No! No! No!

“Oh no. Talking to you is fine. Seeing you is a sin. And I don’t want to go to hell.” She said.

Ji laughed again.

“Because I’m too hot to keep your sanity?” He teased.

“Beg me then I swear I’ll laugh.” She said sarcastically.

“Please Kim… Tell me I’m hot.” He said teasing. This guy really wants her to lose her patient.

So at the end, she just laughed.

“You’re not. But you’re funny.” She said.

“And hot.” He said. 

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes.

After talking for a few more minutes, then they decided to end the call.

 

*

After their conversation, Taeyeon felt like she was in a good mood again. Talking to Ji somewhat made her feel calm that she remembered G-Dragon who’s in the sofa.

Even if she’s upset because of what happened earlier, still, she couldn’t be too mean not to even give a blanket to him. So she grabbed one plus a pillow then went outside her room.

There, she saw the dragon smiling like crazy while looking at his phone so he didn’t notice her.

She smirked.

Wait, why did she smirk?

“Yah!” She called.

He turned his head.

“Oh, you’re not yet asleep?” He asked.

“I’m waiting for your fangirl to kill me so I can’t sleep. Anyway, you can use this.” She said handing him down a blanket.

“Thanks. What time will Tiffany-ssi come home?” He asked.

Why is he asking? Because he wants to leave already? Because he wants to see someone? Sensing that maybe this is why he’s asking…

“I don’t know but if you want to leave, alright, you can.” She said.

Jiyong felt guilty upon hearing her statement. He knew she was upset about what he said earlier and somehow, he felt that he needed to be a little nicer.

“Sorry but I won’t leave. Bodyguards just won’t do that.”  He said.

Taeyeon just nodded and she was about to go back inside her room but Jiyong talked.

“We can actually talk if you can’t sleep.” He offered.

Taeyeon faced him. Then with a sarcastic look…

“Never mind. I’m not Yoona. You might not want to talk to me.” She said.

Now Jiyong felt guiltier.

“I’m sorry about what I said earlier but if this would really be your last day, you should be the nicest, you know.” He said.

She rolled her eyes.

“That depends on the people you’re gonna be with. In your case, it pays to be mean.” She said.

“Okay then, stay mean but stay here and we’ll talk. Sit down.” He said.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows again. Whatever happens, she won’t give in. He insulted her earlier. And it’s because of him that she’s receiving crazy threats.

“You can’t command me. This is my house.” She stubbornly said.

Jiyong didn’t talk for a while as if thinking of his words.

“Alright. Taeyeon, can I please beg a little of your time? Please…. Now, that’s not a command.” He said.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. And Taeyeon’s in the flesh! Of course, she won’t be able to resist him!

“Idiot.” She hissed but still, she sat down.

Jiyong smiled upon seeing her action.

“Good girl.” He said.

 

But 1…5…10…15 seconds, nobody talked.

“I thought we’ll talk? But why aren’t you talking?” Taeyeon asked irritatingly.

“I was just thinking when you started being mean. You were actually nice.” He answered with a slight laugh.

Taeyeon thought for a while. Yeah, she actually forgot when she became so mean. Suddenly, she didn’t know the main reason why she’s acting too rude around him.

But since Ji made her a little better tonight, maybe she can spare this guy a little breath of fresh air.

“I was always nice. You’re just too blind to notice it.” She said defensively.

Thinking that maybe the atmosphere became lighter, Jiyong decided to tease Taeyeon.

“Maybe also too blind to think that Yoona’s prettier than you?” He asked in a teasing way.

“Idiot. Of course I know that Yoona’s prettier but you really had a nerve to tell that in front of my face. You’re not too mean yourself.” She said in while making fake angry faces.

Jiyong smiled but thought for a while then looked at her.

“Would you rather prefer if I kept my word which is so close to saying “I like you”? He asked.

Taeyeon was taken aback. Would she? Eottoke, what to say? Ugh, whatever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you?” She challenged.

 

*

It was Jiyong’s turn to be stunned. He thought Taeyeon would be like “ No! Of course not!”. He anticipated that answer and not another question.

But of course he needs to think of something that won’t complicate things. He doesn’t need even any awkwardness.

“Do I need to?” He challenged back.

Now the questioning game starts.

“Why not?” She asked.

“Why so?” He asked.

“Why still ask?” She asked.

“Why not answer?” He asked back.

“Why so arrogant?” She asked.

Well, actually, they aren’t only having a questioning game. Also staring game.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why so beautiful?” He asked.

 

Uh-oh, someone’s losing his sanity because of the stares... And someone’s eyes widened that she wasn’t able to talk.

 

“Why so perfect?” He asked again.

 

But Taeyeon doesn’t know what to say anymore. She’s profusely blushing that she looked away first.

“Uhm.. I…” She’s at lost.

 

*

Jiyong wanted to kick himself right at that moment. His mind is not functioning well whenever he’s looking at Taeyeon. And it’s not good. It’s seriously not good.

 

“You lost, Taeyeon. So as a punishment, you’re not allowed to ever be nice to me.” He said.

He saw her gave a confused look.

“Yeah?” She asked.

“Don’t be nice to me.” He said.

Though confused, Taeyeon just wanted to get out of that place because she feels so awkward.

“Y-yeah. I’ll go back to my room.” She said not looking at Jiyong then she walked away.

 

That time, both of them were in deep thoughts. One’s thinking why the other said supposedly sweet words. One’s thinking about what the other thinks after hearing those supposedly sweet words.

 

*

Time flies by so fast and Taeyeon’s now preparing for her first solo concert which will take place in three days. Good thing that she has this because somewhat she forgot that night with GD.

As far as she can recall, she woke up without him in her dorm and with Tiffany already there. Maybe he left when the latter arrived.

Then after that, they never communicated again. Thanks to the fangirl who didn’t call anymore.

And how she wishes that girl won’t call on the day of her concert because she certainly won’t ask G-Dragon to go to her concert just to be her bodyguard. That’s crazy. And even if that happens, I bet if he’ll really come.

As for Ji and Kim, while they agreed not to see each other in the near future, they still kept in contact but being a busy guy, Ji again said that he won’t be able to call her in a few days because he’ll be out of the country. Somehow, she felt sad because she won’t be able to talk to him after her concert.

 

*

For several days, Jiyong wasn’t able to forget that night. Okay, technically, nothing happened but surely he made Taeyeon confused about his words. And he doesn’t want to think about that anymore. She was supposedly only his crush and nothing else. He would never want anything more than that but he literally wants to program himself in advance before meeting Taeyeon because he just abruptly shifts.

Though he couldn’t go to her concert, somehow he got nervous about her safety because of his fangirl. He felt guilty again so he decided to text Taeyeon.

 

To: Taeyeon

I’ll be in Macau so I can’t go to your concert. Sorry.

 

*

Taeyeon’s on a break practicing when she heard her phone beeped. She received at text from Jiyong.

She actually expected him not to come. But somehow, coming from him, she felt a little something inside her. Something painful?

She replied back.

To: Jiyong

I know.

Soon, she received another text.

J: You know I’ll be in Macau?

T: I know you can’t come.

J: Oh. Did she threaten you again?

T: No. Maybe she banged her head and saw sense.

J: I hope so.

T: Yeah. Don’t worry your bodyguard duty officially ends now.

 J: Taeyeon, I didn’t mean it that way. I was thinking about your safety.

T: Yeah, tell that to the marines.

J: You’re being mean again.

T: I was only allowed to be mean. Right?

J: Yeah. Alright. Goodbye then.

Then she didn’t reply anymore.

 

And they didn’t see each other anymore…

 

*

Taeyeon’s concert was a major success. Sold out tickets, solid supporters, everyone was there for her so she felt really overwhelmed that she couldn’t help but to cry on stage.

After the event, everyone congratulated her telling her she was so good and that she deserves the success she’s having right now.

Even in social media.

Even some unexpected people congratulated her.

She received a text from her ex-boyfriend telling her she was so great. She didn’t reply.

 

One text from Ji asking her how was her day. He knew something special will happen today but he didn’t know what exactly. And with his busy schedule, she was touched that he was still able to send a text so she replied him.

 

And lastly, one text from the dragon.

From: Jiyong

Hi. Congratulations! I’m sure you did great. Were you safe?

Taeyeon was thinking whether she would reply. But in the end, she still did.

To: Jiyong

Yeah. Thanks.

 

Then Tiffany called her because they’ll be having an after-party.

 

*

Because of the success of the concert, the company decided to add more days to it. So another set was scheduled.

And just as they thought that the crazy fangirl stopped, she had to appear again a day before the concert.

Taeyeon received a call from her.

“I won’t waste people’s money. But get ready, you might not make it to your after party. Know what’s yours and what’s not.” She said.

“I’m not dating GD, okay?! Can you please get a life! If you won’t stop this, I’ll do some actions already.” She said but she just heard a beeping sound.

The crazy fangirl didn’t even listen to her.

*

Taeyeon was so frustrated. Seriously, she just wants this to stop. But she doesn’t want her family to worry. And she doesn’t want to be with bodyguards 24/7. What to do?

Certainly, she won’t ask any favor from G-Dragon anymore.

As she was thinking of a way to solve this mess, a package was handed to her by a staff.

As she opened it, her heart suddenly beat fast. She saw her singing picture with a fake gun.

 

SO GD-OPPA SUPPORTS YOU? LET’S SEE IF HE CAN SAVE YOU.

 

She crumpled the paper then shouted. The now entering Tiffany heard it.

“Hey, why are you shouting? Did something happen?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

“Look at this! What’s wrong with this person? Why doesn’t she stop?” Taeyeon answered.

Tiffany looked at her empathetically.

“That’s how stalkers are. You should tell it to Jiyong.” She suggested.

“No. I won’t tell him. He’s the reason behind all these so maybe if I stop messing up with him, then it’s gonna help.” Taeyeon answered.

“Oh no. That girl won’t stop whether or not you’re with Jiyong so make the most out of his offer. At least he’ll be stressed too.” Tiffany said.

“Never mind. But what I don’t understand is that why would she send it now and not during my first day?” She asked.

“That’s not important anymore. What’s important is right now. I think you need Jiyong.” Tiffany said.

But Taeyeon decided already.

“No. He’ll just give me some more headaches.” She said with finality.

Tiffany sighed and could only nod even if she wanted to protest.

 

-----------

The crows had some “ooh”.

“Suddenly, we’re really curious who that crazy fangirl is. Was she able to hurt you, Taeyeon-ssi?” The reporter asked.

“You’ll find out later.” Taeyeon said.

“So, that’s also the end of bodyguard Jiyong?”The other reporter asked.

Jiyong didn’t answer at once because he was thinking of that day too.

“Was it?” He asked Taeyeon instead.

 

Was it, Taeyeon?

 

 

-------------

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry if this was a boring chapter. I’ll make it up. See you soon! Thank you to all of you! :)

GTAE Fighting!