Love Square

Looking back, Moving Forward

*

That night, Jiyong was so pissed off because he had to listen to his best friend’s flirtations and to his surprise, Taeyeon was laughing with him. And he couldn’t even say he was jealous!

“That flirt.” He hissed.

So he wasn’t able to help himself but to text Taeyeon.

J: T.T

A few seconds later, a text came. It was from her.

T: ????

J: I’m jealous. T.T

T: Huh?

J: You were flirting. T.T

T: So what if I was?

J: T.T

T: I won’t reply anymore.

J: Why?

T: How am I supposed to respond to “T.T”?

J: You can say “Don’t be upset, it’s you that I like”.

T: Like I would say that.

J: Stop talking to Youngbae. T.T

T: I’m not rude.

J: But I’m jealous!!!!!!

T: Too bad because I don’t care.

J: He has a girlfriend. Flirt with me instead.

T: Not interested. Good night.

J: Taeyeon…

But Taeyeon didn’t reply anymore so he’s frustrated the whole night.

 

*

Taeyeon decided not to reply anymore because she’s melting of Jiyong’s words and yet she doesn’t want to give in. Based on Jiyong’s actions now, maybe he realized that he’s been a total coward and that he wanted to make it up to her but she’s still not sure. Until when can he fight for her? What if in the process he’ll give her up again like what he did even before he thought of asking for a chance?

Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon’s  a bit bothered.

“Something wrong?” She asked.

“Nothing. Don’t mind me, I’m still mad at you.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany moved closer then she hugged Taeyeon.

“I love you, Tae. I’m just really so happy right now and I hope that you’ll be happy soon too.” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon smiled. Though Tiffany is a crazy best friend, still, she’s her best friend and it makes her glad to see her happy.

“You know what, I envy you. Seunghyun is doing everything for you. He even invited you to come and watch his concert.” She said bitterly.

“Have you talked to Jiyong?” Tiffany asked.

Maybe, they really don’t need plans after all. Maybe all they need is to know each other’s concerns.

“I’ve kept a secret from you the whole time. It’s a long story though. Jiyong’s actually asking me for a chance but I refused.” Taeyeon explained.

“What?! So what’s wrong? What’s the problem? Shoot, all the while I thought you’re both cowards but it’s just you after all.” Tiffany exclaimed.

“We agreed to forget each other but I told him everything I feel, that I thought it’s crazy for us to even think we’re impossible, but he asked for a chance after I told everything. What was I supposed to do? What if he’s just guilty? What if he couldn’t fight for me in the future? There are many what-ifs and if only’s.” Taeyeon explained.

Tiffany understood where Taeyeon’s coming from so she’s trying to think of a better way to fix everything. Tomorrow’s their last day in Japan, they should go home having Taeyeon and Jiyong together. It’s their main purpose after all.

“I understand but don’t worry, everything will be fine. I think you should flirt back with Youngbae, let’s see how Jiyong will react, if he fights for you, then maybe you should forget your pride and accept him.” Tiffany suggested.

Hey, I thought maybe you really don’t need plans? Aigoo, this schemer.

 

*

The next day, it’s Bigbang’s last day of concert and they were busy with the dress rehearsals so Jiyong and Taeyeon weren’t able to see each other yet.

But after the concert, the group has a victory party hosted by their Japanese supporters.

Some of the Nuthang Crew also arrived to congratulate them who were, by the way, a little bit shocked seeing SNSD’s Taeyeon and Tiffany.

“Oooh, I didn’t know two goddesses are here.” Hyuksoo said.  

“Man, is there something going on?” Seungho asked in confusion.

TOP put his arm around Tiffany’s shoulders.

“One of them is soon to be mine.” He proudly said which made Tiffany blushed.

Everyone cheered but awfully quiet are Taeyeon and Jiyong.

“What about Taeyeon-ssi here?” Kyungil asked.

Taeyeon, that time, wanted to run as fast as she can because of shame. While Seunghyun’s so proud of Tiffany, the jerk who’s so hot and cold didn’t even recognize her.

Suddenly, she wanted to cry. This is just a small thing, and yet Jiyong couldn’t even say anything about her. Instead, he’s sitting like a spineless coward again!

 

*

Jiyong wanted to do more than what Seunghyun did to let them know that Taeyeon’s his but he thought that maybe she’ll be mad if he does that so he just kept silent. And Taeyeon’s so irritated to him. If only she gives him a chance, he’ll be the proudest boyfriend. But maybe this is the consequence of him being a coward.

“Youngbae and Taeyeon sound perfect, right?”  He heard Youngbae said then moved closer to Taeyeon.

Why is it easier for Youngbae to do that? Hell, he’s jealous but he couldn’t do something!

“Whoa! Did you break up with Hyorin?” Hyuksoo asked in confusion and amusement because he’s truly clueless.

Youngbae just smiled then everyone cheered again.

*

Youngbae noticed that Jiyong was just awfully quiet. This man right here is really the most coward person he has ever met. He’s actually putting his relationship on the line and here he is having his own little world! Ugh, if only he can punch him on the face.

“Taeyeon, let’s dance.” He said in invitation.

At the corner of his eye, he saw Jiyong looked at him who seemed to grit his teeth.

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was a little shocked with the invitation but because she’s uncomfortable with the people on the table, she agreed.

Youngbae led her into the dance floor leaving the flaming dragon.

 

*

Jiyong literally wanted to shout and punch Youngbae with all his might. He should’ve been that! Why is Taeyeon allowing him to be closer? Is she starting to like him?

Does she still like him? Why is she so mad at him?

And he just really couldn’t take it anymore.

“That freaking flirt! Hyung, why are you allowing him to do that?” Jiyong asked Seunghyun.

Everyone on the table looked at him having confused looks.

“Hey, man. Why are you so affected?” Seungho asked with a chuckle.

“He has a girlfriend!” Jiyong said.

“Jiyong, calm down. It’s just a dance. It’s not that they’ll have .” Seunghyun said.

?!

“Don’t even say that word!” He said in horror.

But everyone’s confusions turned to laughters.

“Hyung, can you please relax? You sound like a jealous fanboy.” Deasung said.

“Oh, which made me remember, maybe you’re really jealous because you like Taeyeon-noona.” Seungri teased.

“Oh, really? Now, I’m lost.” Kyungil remarked.

Jiyong almost hit the blabber panda.

“Shut up, Seungri, or I’ll cook you.” He said darkly.

 

*

Honestly, Taeyeon is so thankful to Youngbae for letting her breathe for a while. They were now dancing a slow dance.

“Thank you for saving me back there.” She said.

Youngbae smiled.

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon. I hope you won’t take this one the wrong way. Please don’t think that I’m flirting with you. I love my girlfriend. I was just pissing off the dragon.” He explained.

Taeyeon’s eyes widened in shock.

“You know?” She asked.

“Keep smiling.” He commanded.

Taeyeon did.

“I knew he has a crush on you but just until there. It’s just that Seunghyu-hyung asked me to do this so maybe something’s really happening between the two of you, right?” He asked.

“Well, you’re friend’s a jerk, he’s a coward telling me he’s jealous of you yet he couldn’t even say something in front of your friends about me.” She said.

“I know, he really is but looking at him now, I really think he likes you.” He said.

“What’s the point of liking someone if you don’t know how to fight for her?” She asked with a bitter tone.

“Sooner or later, he will. You like him too, don’t you?” He asked.

“Unfortunately, yes.” She answered.

“Okay then. Let’s kill him with jealousy. Mind if I get a little closer?” He asked.

Taeyeon nodded with a smile.

*

Everyone was amused of Youngbae’s fast moves. But not Jiyong. And Tiffany and TOP could only smile secretly.

“Whoa! Look at him. He’s fast! Amazing!” Hyuksoo exclaimed.

“Tiffany, get your friend off there.” Jiyong told Tiffany.

But being the schemer herself, she likes what she’s seeing so why would she follow him?

“That’s okay, Jiyong. Taeyeon needs some fun. She’s brokenhearted.” She said.

Jiyong couldn’t believe what he’s hearing.

“But Youngbae has a girlfriend!” He exclaimed.

And the ever big-mouthed panda became an angel.

“Then do it instead, Jiyong-hyun. You don’t have a girlfriend.” He said.

With that, Jiyong forgot everything that’s holding him back. He doesn’t care anymore if Taeyeon gets mad. What’s important is he needs to gether away from his flirt best friend.

So he went to the dance floor.

 

*

Taeyeon was startled upon seeing Jiyong on the dance floor with a serious face. Her heart started to hammer again.

“Youngbae-yah, it’s my turn. Sit down.” He commanded.

Youngbae secretly smiled and celebrated but not so fast Jiyong.

“Taeyeon-ah, do you want to dance with him?” He asked Taeyeon signaling her to say no.

“But I’m tired already. I don’t want to dance anymore.” Taeyeon said.

“Sorry, man. She wants to rest. C’mon, Taeyeon.” He said then led Taeyeon back to their table.

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong was left alone in the middle of the dance floor. If you would ask him what he felt that time, he’d say he’s terribly hurt not because of embarrassment but because he’s starting to feel that Taeyeon’s being serious about forgetting him. And it . It really .

But he needs to act tough, he couldn’t look like a fool in front of everyone so he acted like everything’s fine and went back to the table. He didn’t look at Taeyeon anymore.

Then suddenly, someone unexpected came.

“Hi! Sorry I’m late.” She said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kiko!” Everyone except Jiyong, Taeyeon and Tiffany.

*

Shock was an understatement when Taeyeon saw Kiko Mizuhara. This isn’t a dream. She’s really in front of them smiling like the prettiest woman in the world. Did she feel insecure? Yes! Especially when she saw that Jiyong was shocked too.

“Wow, we never thought you’d come! It’s been a while.” Seunghyun happily exclaimed.

“Yo, Kiko! Looking pretty, aren’t we?” Seungho said.

“Jiyong-hyung! Why are you so silent? Won’t you even offer your greatest love a seat?” Daesung said.

When Taeyeon heard that, she felt like bursting into tears. Greatest love? Yes, Kim Taeyeon may be his eternal crush but Kiko Mizuhara’s his greatest love. And here she is, in front of all of them.

Taeyeon looked at Jiyong who seemed confused on what to do.

“Y-yeah, hi. You can sit beside me.” He offered.

Then Kiko happily sat beside him.

Start counting, Taeyeon’s life is slowly ending.

 

*

After a few months, here she is again, standing in front of him and Jiyong suddenly felt confused.

Earlier, he was dying of jealousy and the thought that Taeyeon doesn’t like him anymore. But now, Kiko, out of nowhere, appeared in front of him looking beautiful as ever.

He tried to ask himself if he still loves her after everything that happened, but he couldn’t find any love. Admiration maybe, care maybe. But love just isn’t there. And now, he doesn’t know how to deal with her.

“Hi Ji. How have you been?” Kiko asked suddenly kissing Jiyong’s cheek.

He was shocked with her action but out of courtesy, he just let her be thinking that now, the more he lost his chances with Taeyeon.

“Oh, SNSD’s in the house. I’m a fan!” She said.

Tiffany and Taeyeon smiled.

He looked at Taeyeon. Looks like she isn’t affected even a bit.

“Thank you, Kiko-san.” Tiffany said.

“So, how have you been, Kiko?” Kyungil asked.

“I’ve been good. A little busy.” She said. “How about you, Ji? Did you miss me?” She asked.

Before answering, he looked at Taeyeon who’s now having a little silent texting session. Suddenly, he felt bitter.

If Taeyeon can, then he can too.

“Of course, I missed you. I’ve been wanting to see you.” Jiyong said while looking at Kiko.

Kiko hugged him.

“Awww. That’s so sweet, Ji. I missed you too.” She said.

Everyone cheered including Taeyeon who’s now holding hands with his flirt best friend.

 

*

Taeyeon keeps on biting her lips to keep her tears from falling. She couldn’t take the sight anymore. She wanted to kill Jiyong, seriously and yet she wanted to stand up and say that it’s her whom Jiyong likes. But is it still true? Maybe before Kiko came, he still has feelings for her. But now that Kiko came back, his love for her came back too.

Taeyeon was really uncomfortable and thankfully, Youngbae noticed that because he handed her his phone with a message.

Y: Keep on smiling. Don’t let him see you like that. You can’t cry here. We’re flirting right now, you understand?

So with all the courage left, she smiled so sweetly and replied.

T: It’s difficult. But I’ll try. Thank you. :)

 But she heard Jiyong talk and she felt like drowning. He missed Kiko. Of course, Taeyeon, you’re so stupid! Maybe all the while, you were just a rebound!

Taeyeon felt so weak again but Youngbae held her hand and it somehow made her feel relaxed so again, she smiled.

 

*

The night continued as Seungho, Hyuksoo and Kyungil bid goodbye because of their early schedule for tomorrow.

So you thought it’s just the jealousy session the schemers thought about?

Of course not, another plan is to make the two pabos drunk to express their true feelings.

And now, it seems like they’re starting to be.

Oh no, they really are. Because they started to be oblivious of the surroundings.

In a drunken state, Taeyeon talked.

“Ha! You! You’re a flirt! You told me you want us to try but you’re flirting with your ex-girlfriend! I hate you, G-Dragon-ssi! I hate you!” She shouted.

But the drunken dragon has something to say too.

“Look who’s talking! What about you? You’re flirting with a man with a girlfriend! Maybe you don’t really like me.” He said.

Now the confrontation is taking place that everyone on the table kept quiet except the two.

“The hell you care! Go home with your ex-girlfriend and I won’t care.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh yeah? Fine! Flirt with my best friend for all you want and I won’t care too.” Jiyong said.

“Oh yeah I will! Because he’s not a coward like you!” Taeyeon said.

“I wanted to try but you were ignoring me like hell! Then here you are flirting with a taken man. Guess what, you can flirt with him because my ex-girlfriend’s back.

“How can I even trust you when you change your mind like you change your underwear? But I don’t care, I don’t care! Yeah, have fun with your ex-girlfriend.” She said.

Taeyeon left the place walking drunk.

“Seunghyun, my best friend!” Tiffany shouted as she ran outside to follow Taeyeon.

Seunghyun followed them.

 

*

Taeyeon ran as fast as she could to get out of the place. She was hurt. She was terribly hurt and worse is that she realized that she loves Jiyong already.

So she kept on running while crying though she was very dizzy then she heart Tiffany calling her.

“Taeyeon, wait!” She heard her shout.

She stopped and waited for Tiffany then she saw Seunghyun too after a few seconds.

“He’s a jerk! He’s a coward!” Taeyeon cried as Tiffany hugged her.

Tiffany whispered sweet nothings to calm Taeyeon down.

Seunghyun was just looking at them pitying the crying woman.

Somehow, he’s regretting everything he planned. Things are not happening the way he imagined them to be. Instead, the opposite. And things are getting more complicated now.

And they’ll go home tomorrow. What else can he do?

“Seunghyun, let’s go to back to the hotel please.” He heard Tiffany said.

So they assisted Taeyeon in walking and went to the car to drive back to the hotel.

 

*

Inside the club…

“What was that, hyung?” Seungri asked.

Seriously, he still needs to ask?

“Didn’t you hear everything? What you heard is the truth! Yes, I like her but look, she likes Youngbae when just a few days ago, she told me she likes me.” Jiyong said as he sat down feeling so frustrated.

“We really didn’t know, hyung.” Daesung said.

But people, Kiko’s still there and she wanted to make sure if Jiyong really likes Taeyeon now.

“You really like her?” She asked.

Jiyong looked at her with sad eyes.

“I really like her. I like her so much it hurts. It hurts that I think maybe I love her.” Jiyong said.

“What if I tell you I still love you and I want us to be together again?” Kiko said then she cupped Jiyong’s face.

For a while, Jiyong froze. He didn’t expect Kiko to still say those things because she told her before that they’re really through. And if she only said this few months ago, maybe none of these would’ve happened.

But this isn’t few months ago, and everything’s changed.

“I’m sorry, Kiko. I can’t.” He said.

Jiyong expected Kiko to look sad and feel bad but instead, she smiled.

“Maybe you’re right, maybe you really love her. Do something, Jiyong.” She said.

Jiyong was confused with her answer.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

But she didn’t talk. She just tapped his shoulders and stood up to leave the place

“Stop being a jerk. You’ve been there.” She said then walked away.

-----

 

“This is a little bit frustrating. Why aren’t you together yet after their plans?” The reporter asked.

Jiyong laughed.

“The schemers were not great enough.” He answered.

“What about Kiko? I have a feeling she’s somewhat part of the plan.” The other one commented.

Was Kiko a part of the plan too, lovebirds?

 

 

----

A/N:

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating this for a few days, hehehe. I’m still thinking about what to happen on the following chapters and to be honest, I’m becoming a bit lazy because I’m running out of ideas. Haha, But thank you so much for your continuous support. I’m super super super super thankful to all of you. Mwaaaaaaaah.

 

Bad Kiko or Nice Kiko? :D

 

Advance Merry Christmas! <3

 

GTAE Fighting!