Let's tell the world

Looking back, Moving Forward

 

*

Taeyeon thought she can get the Best in Timing Award. Imagine, her ex-boyfriend just had to appear out of nowhere when she was supposed to meet her boyfriend.

 

“Kim Taeyeon! Get inside the car. Now!” Jiyong said wearing a fuming expression.

Taeyeon would’ve followed him but she thought Jiyong would do something bad to Baekhyun so she didn’t move.

“Ji, it’s not what you think. We’re just---“ Taeyeon explained but she was cut.

“I don’t need explanations, just get inside the car.” Jiyong said in a deadly voice while glaring at her.

But all the while,Baekhyun was confused and clueless at the same time.

“Noona, why is G-Dragon sunbaenim here in SM? And why is he asking you to get in his car?” He asked in confusion.

Hearing that, Jiyong didn’t wait for Taeyeon’s answer because he wanted to show the infant that he couldn’t take her back anymore. That Taeyeon is for Kwon Jiyong only.

“Why are you asking the obvious, kid?” Jiyong asked while moving closer to Baekhyun with a deadly glare.

If you want to see a scared infant, look at Byun Baekhyun because his face shows fear that time that he’s trying so hard to keep.

“A-are you d-dating?” Baekhyun asked stuttering like a freaking scared child.

Jiyong smirked still moving closer to Baekhyun while the latter is moving backwards.

Taeyeon stood there like a statue torn between stopping her boyfriend and getting inside the car.

“Why do you think I’m here? And why are you even talking to my GIRLFRIEND?” Jiyong said with a voice ready to kill anyone.

Baekhyun is having cold sweats and it was very obvious so Taeyeon finally decided to stop Jiyong.

“Ji, stop it please, he’s not doing anything. Let’s go.” Taeyeon pleaded grabbing Jiyong’s arm.

But instead of following Taeyeon, Jiyong painfully looked at her she thought she just imagined it because it was replaced with an emotionless face.

“Didn’t I tell you to go inside the car, Taeyeon?” He said temporarily looking at her then looked at Baekhyun the next.

Taeyeon felt pissed that Jiyong’s commanding her like a puppy yet she’s worried that someone might see them and create a big scandal.

“Enough. Baek, just go. We’ll just talk some other time.” Taeyeon said with finality that she thought Baekhyun finally let go of his breath.

Baekhyun nodded then bowed.

“I’ll go ahead, noona. Have a good day, sunbaenim.” He bowed once again then left without looking back.

 

*

All the while, it’s not only jealousy that Jiyong felt. He felt small in front of Baekhyun even if the infant looked like a scared kitten.  He felt hurt with Taeyeon’s actions.

He was concentrating on the road not talking to his girlfriend who seemed so bothered with what happened earlier. Where is she bothered? With the thought that he felt bad seeing her talking to her ex? Or with the thought that she was embarrassed because of what he did to her ex?

Suddenly, with an irritated tone, Taeyeon talked.

“Jiyong, why were you so mean? He didn’t do anything wrong.” She started sounding so upset.

Really now? She won’t even ask him if he’s okay? She’s not even going to comfort him? But to avoid an argument, he tried to stay calm.

“Okay, I’m sorry.” He said with a bored tone while looking straight to the road.

In his peripheral vision, he can see her shaking her head in disbelief which pained him even more. Can’t she really get that he’s upset too?

“What is this? Don’t tell me you’re going to ignore me again because you just saw me talking to my ex-boyfriend? Just that, Jiyong?” She exclaimed looking so disappointed with his actions.

“I’m talking to you, though.” He replied obviously making Taeyeon more frustrated.

She let out a sigh calming herself a little then held her temple finding the right words to say. Then with a calmer but tired tone, she talked again.

“You think that’s funny? Seriously, this is so frustrating. If we’ll always fight, then what’s gonna happen to us?” She asked again looking down.

That time, though Jiyong’s really hurt, he swallowed all his pain because he saw that Taeyeon’s already tired of fighting.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I won’t me mad anymore.” He said as he reached her hand and kissed it. He sadly smiled at her then his eyes went back to the road.

 

*

Taeyeon doesn’t like what she’s feeling that moment. She’s so frustrated because she misses Jiyong so much yet he’s too upset. But he’s too much. She already suffered several days of not talking to him and she’s afraid he’s gonna ignore her again so she’s a little bit paranoid of Jiyong’s actions. That maybe, when she goes home and call him, he’s not going to answer again.

And even when Jiyong said he won’t be mad anymore, it didn’t make her calm. She wanted to tell him that nothing’s happening between her and Baekhyun.

“Ji! I didn’t do anything wrong, okay? I was waiting for you when Baekhyun came. We just talked!” She explained raising her voice a little in desperation.

Jiyong let out a sigh then with a calm voice, he replied.

“Yeah, you said that already.” He answered.

Jiyong’s calm voice isn’t making her calm, swear. It’s pissing her off. And so with that, she lost her temper.

“Stop the car! You know what, if this is the price of cutting my hair, I shouldn’t have done it.” She said regretting it after when she saw Jiyong look at her with hurt in his eyes.

Jiyong did stop the car and Taeyeon would’ve walked out but he talked.

“Are you saying it’s my fault? I never asked you to do it.” Jiyong explained now intently looking at her.

She couldn’t explain what’s going on in his mind but she can see that he’s upset too. If he is, then why don’t they just stop it?

“I know, you didn’t ask me. You know what, let’s stop acting so immature. This is very petty. We are fighting about non sense.” Taeyeon pleaded hoping Jiyong would stop too.

“So you think this is petty and nonsense? Okay, I’m sorry then. Let’s stop, okay?” He said obviously faking his smile then he started driving again.

But Taeyeon thought he’s obviously not okay. She wants to fix the mess but Jiyong’s telling her it’s already okay yet she knows it’s not. What does he want her to do?

She let out a sigh. Somehow, she regretted allowing him to go to SM. If he didn’t go there, then maybe they’re on good terms now.

“Oh, I don’t know anymore. You just saw me with my ex, and you’re already acting like that! Very petty, Jiyong.” She exclaimed in frustration.

Jiyong looked at her with his face filled with emotions she couldn’t name. He looked sad, hurt and angry at the same time and that look alone was enough for her to shut up.

Then with an emotional but sarcastic voice, he talked.

“Oh I’m sorry that I freakin’ love you so much I’m dying of jealousy now, yet you’re not even assuring me of anything. I’m sorry that I’m acting immature by trying to suppress how hurt I am for us not to fight anymore. And I’m sorry that you cut your hair because of me. I am sorry.” He continuously said making Taeyeon ran out of words that she wasn’t able to answer him.

Moments later, they were already outside Taeyeon’s apartment. With a hesitant voice, she talked.

“We have all day. Don’t you want to come?” She asked him though she knew what his answer will be.

He shook his head.

“Maybe next time. I’ll go back to YG.” He said then without waiting for her reply, he switched on the car engine and left.

 

*

Taeyeon entered the apartment with a heavy feeling. That was their first major argument after an argument. And because she wasn’t feeling well, she straightly went to her room and called Tiffany to ask her to  go home.

Its’ morning and yet she’s crying on her bed because she realized how insensitive she was of her boyfriend’s feelings. Yeah, how stupid of you, Taeyeon. Bakehyun was your ex! You should be thankful that your boyfriend got jealous because that means he loves you. But what did you do? You nagged him. You nagged him to death. Such an insensitive stupid immature girl.

But she misses Jiyong already and she doesn’t know what to do. Somehow, when it comes to Jiyong, she felt so different. It’s like she wants everything to be perfect but in return, she’s getting imperfection.

Moments later, Tiffany was worriedly running towards her.

“Taeng! Are you okay? What happened?” She continuously asked still panting from running up to the room.

Then Taeyeon cried again.

“I miss him so much! But we fought again. Why aren’t you and Seunghyun –oppa fighting? Why are you always okay?” She cried like a baby.

Tiffany sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Taeyeon witih a bored expression. Seeing her like that now, somehow, she had an idea that it was Taeyeon’s fault.

“Tell me what happened.” Tiffany told her best friend.

Then Taeyeon narrated everything that happened. From Baekhyun’s appearance until her and Jiyong’s argument.

“I know I’m your best friend but I seriously want to throw my bag at you.” She started with an angry tone. Letting out a sigh, she continued. “Tsk.Tsk. Why did you nag him like that? He was jealous, Taeng. He knew how you cried for Baekhyun before. You met because of that gay infant, right? Ji? Kim? You should’ve just assured him. He needed that after he felt you took him for granted the last time.”

 

*

Tiffany felt bad that Taeyeon’s like this again. When everything’s turning out great for her and Jiyong, she started to become irresponsible of her words and actions. And she’s worried that both she and Jiyong won’t be able to breakthrough from the pressure.

“But he knows I love him.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany rolled her eyes while scratching her head to show irritation.

“And yet you didn’t tell him that when he needed it.” She countered.

Sometimes, Taeyeon can really be stupid.

“But he almost punched Baekhyun, I know he’s jealous but if he’ll be like that to every guy I’ll be with, then what’s gonna happen to us?” Taeyeon asked now looking worried.

Tiffany again let out a sigh and remembered her past relationships. She was once like this too, with Nichkhun, even with Seunghyun in the beginning. And she knows it won’t help.

She sat beside Taeyeon then patted her shoulders while looking at her with empathy.

“You know what, you need to learn how to handle your relationship well. You’re asking about me and Seunghyun? I was like you, I nag him, I tell him what to do, I tell him what he should want but I realized, it’s not right because if I continue to do that, he’ll slip away. So you, before Jiyong feels he’s not important to you, do something. Understand each other more and be considerate of each other’s feelings.” She advised to her best friend who’s carefully listening to her.

Taeyeon took a deep breath and let out a sigh.

“I think you’re right.” She agreed. “Thanks Tiff. I’ll call him later.”

Tiffany answered with a smile.

 

*

The other members of Bigbang were practicing for the upcoming Golden Disk Awards when their leader returned to the practice room making them frown.

“Let’s have a break first.” Youngbae instructed the back-up dancers making them leave the room after a while.

Then one by one, they sat on the floor together with Jiyong who looked like a kid not able to eat ice cream for a year.

“Why are you here? Don’t tell us something went wrong?” Youngbae carefully asked seeing Jiyong a bit disappointed.

Jiyong let out a sigh then answered without looking at them.

“I saw her talking to that fetus so we fought.” He simply stated.

To Jiyong’s surprise, Seunghyun chuckled.

“Damn that jealousy. So, back to square one again? You’ll ignore her?” Seunghyun stated sounding like Jiyong’s being funny for his actions.

“Hey hyung, it’s not funny, okay? I was really jealous about her ex and she didn’t even bother to comfort me.” Jiyong sulked like a kid.

But his hyung just has to be sensible again.

“You’re being too sensitive, man. You just ignored her, she’s frustrated,you see. And then you’re ignoring her again now. What do you want her to feel? She misses you already, Tiffany told me so. You’re just starting your relationship but you can’t handle your emotions well.” Seunghyun said which made Jiyong a bit embarrassed of his actions when he realized Seunghyun must be right.

“So what do you want me to do, hyung?” He hopelessly asked.

“I just want you to act your age and tell that jealousy friend of yours to calm down.” Seunghyun said while shaking his head and mouthing “tsk tsk”. “Things you do for love.”

 

 *

Music filled the hall. Artists from different companies are everywhere getting ready for a very important night.

It was the Golden Disk Awards 2016.

Taeyeon’s quite nervous not because of the awards show but because this would be her chance to see Jiyong again. They were not able to talk personally yet since the “Baekhyun thing” because of some schedule conflicts.

She really missed Jiyong and she wanted to make things right so with another bold move, she wore something her boyfriend won’t expect her to wear. His black leather jacket.

In the backstage before the opening, she already saw him. And like what she expected, she knew he was quite shocked with her outfit but with that fleeting smile they shared, she knew they’ll be okay.

Golden Disk Awards was such a darling to both Taeyeon and Bigbang as they won Global Male and Female Artist Award respectively sharing the stage together for the first time in a long time and probably the closest interaction they had so far. In front of the camera, of course.

But the night was so long and the lovers were so excited for it to end.

*

It was midnight when the show ended.

Jiyong felt so fulfilled but his excitement hasn’t died because he knew that was the moment he’ll be with his girlfriend again. After everything that happened, after all the realizations, and cute bold moves Taeyeon did, he just really wanted to go to her, to hug and to kiss her.

That night, he planned to go to Dolce Vita for a peaceful night with Taeyeon. After all, it’s their fantasy world. So he sent her a message.

Jiyong: Will you go with me on a fantasy?

As Jiyong patiently waited for Taeyeon’s reply, he asked his brothers to help him and Taeyeon escape the place without anyone noticing.

And when he received her “YES”, his smile widened.

And carefully, off they went.

 

*

Taeyeon’s smile never left her face that night. It was such a joyous moment for her. She won special awards in GDA but most especially, she’s happier that she’s with Jiyong.

And when they reached Dolce Vita, memories flooded through her. Like when the first time she has been there because Jiyong protected her from the crazy fangirl until the fantasy night they had. She smiled at the thought.

“You remembered something?” Jiyong asked her with a smile as they walk their way to Crayon.

“I remembered everything.” She answered with a dreamy look.

“I kissed you here first.” Jiyong added. Yeah, they shared their first kiss in that place they called fantasy world.

Both of them went silent and when they reached the room, suddenly, Jiyong hugged her so tight. She closed her eyes to feel the hug, she’s been longing for it.

“I’m sorry, Tae… I miss you so much.” Jiyong sincerely said not letting go of her.

Aren’t they overacting? They may be but she didn’t care anymore  since she missed him so much too so she tightened the hug even more.

“I miss you too, Ji.”

Moments later, they were already cuddling in bed.

“Hey, why did you wear my jacket? I posted a picture before wearing that.” Jiyong said while caressing Taeyeon’s hair.

Taeyeon, who’s lying on Jiyong’s arms, giggled then hugged her boyfriend.

“I just want people to think it’s really yours. I don’t want to hide anymore.” She admitted. After their arguments during the past few days, she thought that maybe their issues will be solved if they come out. Some people may hate them, but at least, they won’t have to hide anymore and the whole world will know that they belong to each other.

Jiyong kissed her on top of the head.

“Look at my cute girlfriend, Hey, have I told you you look hot in short hair?” He asked.

“Not yet but I already know you’ll say that.” She confidently said as she earned a kiss for making Jiyong laugh.

Then after a while, both of them became serious as they knew they need to settle some things.

“Tae, I’m sorry for being such a jerk. I’m sorry for being so jealous, I thought you still love him.” Jiyong started sounding a bit insecure.

Taeyeon raised her head and abruptly gave Jiyong a peck then returned to her position.

“I don’t feel anything for him and any other guys. It’s just you, Ji. And even though Kang Dong Won is so freaking hot, it’s still you that I love. Always remember that.” She said hoping to give assurance to Jiyong.

Jiyong chuckled with that.

“And I love you too, babe. Let’s come out?” He carefully asked her.

Taeyeon nodded.

“But before that, Ji, let’s promise to be more sensitive of each other’s feelings, okay? Let’s me more understanding. Let’s not fight often. Let’s try to be mature. Let’s try to be more TopFany, okay?” She said teasing him of her last statement.

Taeyeon raised her head as Jiyong looked down making them look at each other’s eyes.

“We won’t just try. We’ll work hard. And I promise to keep you safe, Tae. Whatever happens after this, I promise never to let you go. I love you so much.” Jiyong said as he leaned closer Taeyeon for a kiss.

“And I love you too.”

That was another magical night for Kwon Jiyong and Kim Taeyeon but unlike the first time, they aren’t sharing that night to forget each other the next day. Instead, they’re sharing tonight to get ready for a major milestone for their relationship.

 

 

 

---

A/N:

Hello guys!!!!! Advance Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!! Hohoho.

Thank you to everyone who’s been reading this and I’m sorry for neglecting it a bit. I just really lost inspiration and I focused on my other fic. But still, thank you for being there. 10K plus views, awwwwww. I’m so overwhelmed. Thank you so much guys!

And so, next chapter will be the end. See you!

Sarangaheyo! <3

GTAE Fighting!