Stubborn

First Romance

 

Bom was jumping up and down her bed, singing, “Saturday! Saturday! Oh how I love you, Saturday!”

                It was clearly a made-up song. She continued. “Saturday! Saturday! Oh how I love you, Saturday! Jiyong, Jiyong, Taeyang, Taeyang…” she pauses to think for a lyric, “Ah! – Good luck to both of youuuuu!”

                She was about to repeat her made-up song when her phone rang.

                “Hello?” she sang. “Are you ready now? Aren’t we going to watch a movie before we go watch Jiyong and Taeyang?”

                “Yeah. I’m about to leave the house. How about you?” Dara said.

                “What? Are you kidding?” she looked at her watched. It’s almost noon. “I’ve just woken up. Wait for me. I’ll be late, though.”

               

                “Dara-ya!” Bom called, catching her breath when she reached her. “Mianhe.”

                “You’re 30 minutes late. Good thing the movie hasn’t started yet. Let’s go,” Dara said patiently.

               

                They watched a romantic comedy. After the movie..

                “Ahhhhh!” Dara stretched her arms up. “That was so sweeeet! I hope that happens to me, too.”

                “What are you saying? It’s already happening,” Bom .

                “Whatever,” she rolled her eyes. “By the way, I know you like Taeyaaaaang!” it was her turn now to .

                “What?! That’s ridiculous! He’s just my childhood friend. I can’t like him. It’ll destroy our friendship,” she explained, defensively.

                “That’s what I call being defensive,” Dara said stubbornly. “And, what’s up with last night? You know what I think? You just acted out that you were putting on a show. I can see the blush on your face when you turned to him. And those eyes! The way they were looking at Taeyang’s eyes, it’s unmistakable.”

                Bom stopped walking, as if frozen. “Well..” she paused, acting all shyly and cutely. “Okay! You’re too smart, Dara…”

“So, I’m right?!” Dara enthusiastically jumped in front of Bom so she can get a clear view of her expression.

                “I’m not yet finished, Dara. I mean, you’re so smart… but sometimes, you can be wrong! HA!” Bom said, running around, happy that she fooled another victim. “I don’t like him, Dara. He’s not my type. You know my ideal man, don’t you? Ha! It’s really impossible. And, besides, he likes you.”

                Dara just shook his head. ‘This girl can be so stubborn most of the time.’

 

They didn’t go to watch the game yet because it’s still early. To pass the time, they ate and went window shopping. Laughing and enjoying their time together, they haven’t noticed that it’s already past 6.

                “Oh no! We’re late. It’s past 6 already,” Dara gasped.

“Gosh, you need to be late sometimes, Dara, being early always doesn’t give you any good,” Bom said continuing to place a dress in front of her to watch her reflection on the mirror. “Does this look good on me?”