Chapter Thirty Four

Masquerade

A/N:  This chapter was supposed to be much longer but I wanted to update sooner.  Next chapter will be the second part to this one~

 

 

 

 

Since arriving back at the warehouses, Jiyeon had been sitting by Soyeon's side in the priestess's room after Eunjung had laid Soyeon to rest on her bed. The rest of the Guardians had gone off to rest or grab a bite to eat after the long and exhausting day they had endured. Jiyeon was worried about Soyeon and wanted nothing more than for the priestess to wake up.

 

Eunjung had gone to get something to eat, but thinking about Jiyeon had ruined her appetite for the moment. The Guardian headed for Soyeon's room and gently opened the door to see Jiyeon sitting on a chair next to Soyeon's bed. The young girl was holding the priestess's hand and the light around Jiyeon's body was moving in waves towards Soyeon's body.

 

Eunjung went inside, closing the door quietly behind her, and moved towards her girlfriend who didn't even notice Eunjung enter. Jiyeon's concentration was interrupted when Eunjung leaned down and wrapped her arms around Jiyeon's waist. The chair was in the way, so Eunjung couldn't lean in as close as she wanted to. The Guardian nuzzled her face in Jiyeon's neck and took in the scent of her girlfriend.

 

“Jiyeon please stop. I know you want Soyeon to wake up but you exhausted your powers earlier as well.” Eunjung explained.

 

“I just want her to wake up. She almost died Jungie.” Jiyeon replied, her voice shaking.

 

“And she will. Soyeon is strong and the Light surrounds her like it does you. You need rest and get sustenance too. Please come eat.” Eunjung placed a kiss on Jiyeon's cheek and finally the younger girl budged. Jiyeon turned to look at Eunjung and allowed the Guardian to lead her out of the room.

 

 

 

 

When Jaehee stepped inside the temple, everyone inside turned to look at their leader, remaining still and not saying a word. They did note that something about Jaehee was different. It wasn't the physical part that was different, she did have red puffy eyes and sniffled for a second as she tried to compose herself a little more, it was the aura that surrounded her. It had changed, gotten darker and stronger; obviously being fueled by her emotions.

 

Jaehee had her moment back in her training grounds while she buried the woman she loved and took a moment to mourn deeply. Now inside the temple, she had composed herself for the most part and noticed that Seunghyun and Jiyong were seated on the left side while her sister was sitting on the right. The surprise presence was that of Sangchu who should have been alongside his husband instead of in here. The death knight made her way down the aisle that separated the benches on each side of the room and stopped right when she got to Sangchu. He was seated a few benches down from Kyurhee.

 

“Sangchu, I take it that Junseop is okay?” Jaehee asked the older man who gave her a small smile and nodded.

 

“Yes, thankfully. He woke up the moment I arrived to check on him. Hyemi is treating him at the moment.” Sangchu replied and his smile increased a bit in size. He was truly relieved that Hyori did not harm Junseop.

 

Jaehee closed her eyes and sighed. She felt relieved knowing that the man who had been her nanny at one point was still alive and well. “I'm glad that he's fine.”

 

Jaehee offered Sangchu a smile and then turned to Jiyong who was looking back at her. “Jiyong, did the alchemists finish the potions?”

 

Jiyong nodded. “Yes, they were able to produce more than enough elixirs.”

 

“Great.” Jaehee replied and then eyed both Seunghyun and Kyurhee. “The time has come. Everyone has two hours. Please, get your armor and weapons ready. Seunghyun, I want everyone lined up outside of the temple in those two hours. We're moving in on Kwangsoo's territory.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Jaehee?”

 

The death knight wasn't surprised that her friend sister were surprised. She had mentioned that she wanted to discuss her plan to attack the enemy, but now it was as if Jaehee was just going to march into the enemy territory and trample their front door down.

 

“Before you decide to argue against me, I have a plan and it will not fail. That is why I want everyone ready outside in those two hours. Sangchu, I ask that you please remain back here with Junseop and Hyemi. Please inform them.” Jaehee made sure to look at the four staring back at her and nodded.

 

She turned around to head out of the temple to get ready herself and a trail of darkness was left behind. Kyurhee could feel the darkness vibrate and tingle on her skin as it scattered throughout the room. I don't know if this darkness is healthy or leading Jaehee into a greater turmoil.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon had not realized how hungry she had been until Eunjung had placed a plate of food in front of her and she had devoured it like a dinosaur would have done his prey. Her girlfriend had also been right about her exhaustion after everything that had happened, so when she finished eating she felt a great deal of lethargy cursing through her body. Jiyeon leaned further into Eunjung who was sitting right next to her on one of the many tables used for eating.

 

Eunjung had her left arm wrapped snugly around Jiyeon's waist and she pulled the girl even closer to her when she felt Jiyeon moving. “Go to sleep if you want. I will carry you to bed.”

 

Jiyeon giggled slightly into Eunjung's chest. “I shouldn't go to sleep right after eating.”

 

“I'll still love you even if you gain a little weight.” Eunjung joked without actually laughing and Jiyeon pulled away from her girlfriend to slap her arm.

 

“Eunjung!” Jiyeon squealed and giggled a little harder. Eunjung looked right into Jiyeon's eyes and leaned in to capture her girlfriend's lips in a light but adoring kiss. Jiyeon happily kissed Eunjung back and enjoyed the sensation while it lasted. She then placed her head back on Eunjung's chest and they continued sitting their in silence.

 

Hyomin was standing behind the pillar she used for her dart throwing practice listening to Eunjung and Jiyeon's interaction. Everything that had been happening as of late was bothering the warrior. Jiyeon had made Eunjung too carefree and changed her priorities as a Guardian around. Hyomin had spent so much time fighting for their cause and all this change was not sitting well with her. Something is not going to end up well. I can feel it. There is too much turmoil and no one sees it but me.

 

 

 

 

 

As asked of him, Seunghyun had gotten everyone gathered in front of the temple. Warriors, rogues, priests, warlocks and the few death knights that trained in the temple grounds were lined up within their ranks waiting for Jaehee to address them. Kyurhee and Seunghyun stood in front of the army, who were all dressed in their armor and carrying their weapons, waiting for Jaehee to arrive.

 

On Seunghyun's back was his mighty shield, while his sword rested on the side of his left hip. Under his right arm, he was holding the helmet that would later cover his face as they headed north. Kyurhee had lowered the hood of her armor for the moment and on her sides she had Fangs of the Father, her powerful and sharp daggers.

 

The sound of a horse stomping the ground alerted everyone that Jaehee was making her way towards them. The death knight rode her mount in between the aisle created by the warriors and priests. Behind Jaehee, Jiyong, who was dressed in his best robes and had a hood covering his face, carried a huge sack on his back. He stopped in front of Jaehee after she had stopped and turned to face her army, and opened the sack. Jiyong handed a bottle filled with an orange liquid to both Kyurhee and Seunghyun; the warlock then handed a bottle to Jaehee.

 

Jiyong picked up the sack again and walked over to the rogues who were to the right of him. He instructed the first rogue who take a bottle and pass the sack down so that everyone would eventually have their own bottle with them. When Jiyong headed back to stand in between Seunghyun and Jaehee, the death knight removed her menacing helmet and looked at the army amassed before her.

 

She could see the sack being passed around from the rogues to the warriors and now making its way through the priests. Atop her mount, Jaehee looked powerful and confident. Her armor blended into the darkness of the night and her eyes glowed green like the ax on her back. Jaehee could see that the number of soldiers in her army had dwindled a bit after the betrayal of Hyori, but even so, it did not discourage the Crown Princess.

 

“The bottle each one of you has received is an elixir that will give you the ability to hide your magical presence. You are not to drink it until I have given the order to do so. Understood?” Jaehee's authoritarian tone boomed loudly so that everyone could hear her clearly. Everyone saluted her and waited for Jaehee to continue.

 

“We will ride into the north using our special ability. Traveling through the shadows will be the fastest way of reaching our destination. According to Princess Kyurhee, the army that Kim Kwangsoo had amassed is large and it is possible we are outnumbered, but one thing I know is that despite our numbers being small, we are smarter and better skilled than his men.” Jaehee paused. She wanted to say the right thing to give her army the boost in morale they needed.

 

“Tonight we will end this! Tonight we will rescue our comrades and the King and Queen! Tonight we ride!” Darkness spread from Jaehee's body again and her horse lifted its body up in the air allowing only its hind legs to hold it up. The army seemed to live off Jaehee's words and they burst into cheers.

 

Jaehee's mount landed its front legs back on the ground and this was the cue Jaehee needed. She placed her helmet back on her head and turned her mount around towards the north. She kicked the sides of the undead horse and the animal took off running at full speed. The army followed on foot running behind Jaehee and as their leader dismounted her horse, which disappeared into thin air, every single Shadow in the royal army jumped into the air and then seemed to disappear into the ground.

 

The shadows of the night sky gave them the access and speed to travel at an incredible speed. In no time they had crossed the border, avoiding the mines thanks to them being disarmed by the rogues as they crossed over first. A darkness covered the ground of the north; it was so dark that not even street lights could penetrate it.

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Kwangsoo had scouts all across the north on the look out for any spies that the Princesses could have sent. Up to this point, the scouts had not reported any sightings until tonight. Two scouts, one male and one female, stood at top the branch of tree looking out into the distance. They could not see the army approaching them, but they could feel and it was powerful.

 

“Do you feel that?” The man asked and his partner nodded her head vigorously.

 

“They're powerful! I need to warn Lord Kwangsoo.” The woman replied and pulled out the hearthstone she had in one of her pouches. In a blinding blue light, the woman disappeared.

 

The man continued looking in the direction of the aura hoping to spot the possible army headed his way. What he failed to noticed was the powerful aura traveling straight to him. Last thing the man saw was the demonic looking helmet look at him and the bright green ax headed straight for his neck. Jaehee decapitated the scout before he could react. She landed several meters in front of the tree and stopped.

 

The army followed suit and stood right behind Jaehee. Everyone reappeared from the Shadows and awaited the orders Jaehee had for them. “Everyone, except you Kyurhee, drink your elixirs.”

 

The army did as Jaehee asked and pulled out their bottles and drank the orange liquid inside of them. For a liquid that was made using strange ingredients, that only the alchemists knew what they were, it surprisingly tasted slightly sweet with an orange like flavor. The effects of the elixir could not physically be felt on their bodies, but the magical aura of all the soldiers had disappeared.

 

“Where are we right now?” Jaehee asked Kyurhee who pulled out a map she drawn of her previous travel through the north.

 

“If my calculations are correct, we're halfway between Kaesong and Pyongyang. Kwangsoo's base is north of Pyongyang.” Kyurhee responded and marked their current location.

 

“Alright, we will travel past Pyongyang to the halfway point between the capital and the enemy base. Here,” Jaehee pointed on the map, “the army will stop and you and I will move further north.”

 

“Why just you and me?” Kyurhee asked her sister.

 

“Your aura will bring Park Jinyoung out to look for you. He is obsessed with you and your aura will drive him crazy. The moment he appears, is the moment you drink that elixir. Understood?” Jaehee told her sister and the older woman nodded.

 

Jaehee signaled for everyone to blend into the shadows again and continue their trek further north. As they traveled both Jaehee and Kyurhee took out the scouts along the way in order to prevent anymore from warning Kwangsoo. This time knowing where they were going was aiding in how quickly they could travel through the country.

 

 

 

 

 

The scout who had teleported back to the enemy base appeared in another blinding flash in the middle of the base. She wasted no time in running towards the building that housed her leader. Luckily for the scout, Kwangsoo happened to be there when she arrived although he was discussing something with someone else.

 

“Lord Kwangsoo!” The woman said trying to catch her breath. Kwangsoo, and Jinyoung who was sitting in a chair not far from where Kwangsoo was talking to a soldier, stopped what he was doing and turned to face the female scout.

 

“What is it soldier?” He asked the scout annoyance evident in his voice.

 

“My partner and I were positioned between Kaesong and Pyongyang. Right before teleporting back, we sensed an extremely powerful dark aura. I'm not sure if it belonged to a group or just one person.” The scout explained.

 

“Kyurhee!” Jinyoung grinned as he stood up and rushed over to stand before the scout and next to Kwangsoo.

 

“It is possible...” Kwangsoo murmured while looking at Jinyoung who seemed to almost be jumping for joy at the thought of seeing that deceitful rogue once again.

 

“Thank you for the information soldier. Return to your quarters and wait for your next orders.” The scout saluted Kwangsoo and turned around to leave. Kwangsoo turned back to Jinyoung, “If it is Kyurhee or the royal army headed this way then I need you to go and get our men ready. We need to defend our base and capture the Princesses.”

 

“Do that yourself Kwangsoo. I will go and capture Kyurhee on my own.” Jinyoung didn't even bother to look at his leader as he took his leave.

 

“Jinyoung!” Kwangsoo shouted at his general but Jinyoung wasn't listening. He knew the other man's obsession with the older sister was clouding his mind as the days passed and with news that she could be headed their way, nothing would stop Park Jinyoung from trying to possess Kyurhee. You can have her body after I get what I want Jinyoung, but I will not allow you to keep her just yet.

 

 

 

 

 

The royal army had traveled into Pyongyang and past the capital city in record time. It was as if Jaehee's need to finally take the fight to Kwangsoo had empowered not only her physical prowess but the speed in which she and everyone else was moving. Her current confidence had boosted morale within the army and the only thing everyone knew was that if Jaehee's plan worked, victory was in their future.

 

The army stopped behind Jaehee when she jumped out of the shadows and stood in the middle of a deserted road. Kyurhee walked over to her sister as she observed their surroundings. The rogue had been keeping track of how much they had traveled even if this was not the route she had taken before.

 

“This is it. This is the halfway point between the capital and their base.” The rogue pointed at the map she was holding in her hand.

 

“Perfect.” Jaehee responded and turned to face Seunghyun and the royal army. “From here on Kyurhee and I will travel in a northeastern direction even though the enemy base is to the northwest of us. We need to draw Jinyoung out of the base and once we have defeated him, I will signal for you to take the army and head directly towards their base.”

 

“Understood.” Seunghyun saluted.

 

“Remain hidden in the shadows when you approach the base. Once you attack, Kyurhee and I will join you from a different side of their base. Kyurhee, let's go.” Jaehee and Kyurhee returned to the shadows and headed in their northeastern direction. Seunghyun nodded in understanding of Jaehee's plan and turned to the army he would now lead once again.

 

“Into the shadows everyone. Now we wait.” He ordered everyone and the army did as he asked.

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung was completely decked out in his armor as he rode his mount miles outside of the base. He kept his concentration on trying to sense any kind of powerful dark aura but there was still nothing. Kyurhee needed to appear soon; he needed to see her once again. His trail had lead him in a southeastern direction from the base at first, but he had turned north a bit hoping the new direction would lead him to the rogue he so desired.

 

A sudden wave of darkness washed over the death knight and his eyes began to shine brightly. The blue of his eyes accentuated the blue glow coming from his sword which was on his back. Jinyoung took in the wave of powerful magic and grinned widely underneath the helmet that covered his entire face. There it was, the aura he had been looking for. Towards the northeast was Kyurhee and finally he would have her.

 

 

 

 

 

Jaehee and Kyurhee were on high alert hoping to sense Jinyoung any time soon. The man had a powerful aura similar to theirs but his was even darker. It wasn't a darkness that could soothe you or make you feel safe. His darkness was sinister and right down evil and that was exactly what Jaehee and Kyurhee felt approach them at an incredible speed.

 

“Now! Drink your elixir!” Jaehee shouted at her sister and reached for her ax that was on her back.

 

Kyurhee ripped the cork out of the bottle and chugged down the orange liquid. It's effects were instantaneous. The rogue suddenly vanished from sight and at that moment Jinyoung burst through the trees on his mount. The man's undead horse jumped over a giant rock and skid to a stop as it landed. Jinyoung pulled on the reins and turned the horse to face Jaehee much to his disappointment.

 

“NO! WHERE IS SHE?! I SENSEND HER!” His screams were loud and erratic. Kyurhee had disappeared once again and he was furious. Jinyoung couldn't take this again. He needed to see the rogue.

 

“Kyurhee's gone you fool! I'm the only one waiting for you here!” Jaehee shouted at him and pointed her ax at Jinyoung. “You and Hyori already took the woman I loved! I will not allow you to even sense Kyurhee anymore!”

 

“SHE'S MINE. SHE BELONGS TO ME. WHERE IS SHE?!” Jinyoung demanded. His lunatic cries only made Jaehee chuckle.

 

“If you want her so badly, then you will have to go through me.” Jaehee gritted through her teeth, the rage evident in her tone.

 

Jinyoung finally looked directly at the other death knight and reached for his sword. “You have stood in between us every single time Jaehee. You've always been a nuisance. Thinking that you're better than everyone. Just because daddy picked you. The hero! The future queen! I don't care what Kwangsoo wants with you. All I need is your corpse turned to ash.”

 

The man charged at Jaehee while still on his mount. He swung Frostmourne down as he crossed by Jaehee but she blocked his attack with her ax. Jinyoung's mount continued running and turned around to charge at Jaehee once again. This time, Jinyoung called off his mount before swinging at Jaehee. He came flying down with a heavy strike of his sword that pushed the younger death knight back.

 

Now on foot the two death knights traded blows with their weapons. The sister blades glowed brightly in the night as they struck against each other several times. Frostmourne hungered even more knowing that Shadowmourne held powerful souls in it that it could consume. Shadowmourne on the other hand seemed to come alive in Jaehee's hands as she continued to fight. The souls within the mighty ax caused Jaehee to feel a wave of strength wash over her.

 

Jinyoung was the first death knight to begin striking with his magical spells. Jaehee traded magical blows with him as well. If he threw a plague at her alongside a spell to trap her feet with magical undead hands, Jaehee returned it to him by calling a blight of insects to attack him and big maggot like worms to swarm over his body.

 

Angered Jinyoung called on his rune sword to aid him but Jaehee did the same and as the two traded more blows with their weapons, the rune swords attacked each other as well until they disappeared. Jinyoung had to admit to himself that Jaehee had improved greatly as a death knight. Many considered Jinyoung for hundreds of years to be the greatest death knight alive, but with a weapon like Shadowmourne and great prowess in hand to hand combat and magical combat; it was possible Jaehee had surpassed him.

 

Regardless if she had, Jinyoung had a secret weapon at his disposal to deal with Jaehee. He grinned underneath his helmet after stepping back after another round of parrying weapons. “You're strong Jaehee, but I have a special gift for you.”

 

Jinyoung started waving his hand in front of Frostmourne as to call on a spell. A ghostly being suddenly appeared from the sword and let out a horrible wail that incapacitated Jaehee temporarily. Even with her helmet covering her head, Jaehee could still hear the wail of the banshee Jinyoung had released.

 

The young death knight tried to cover her ears through the helmet but it didn't help. Jaehee looked up to see where the horrible wails were coming from and suddenly a ghostly sharp claw struck at her armor multiple times. Jaehee swung her ax at the banshee but the weapon went right through the banshee's body but it did not affect her at all. It did cause the banshee to pull back from Jaehee and finally the death knight caught a good glimpse of the banshee.

 

It was Gyuri, or at least her soul that Jinyoung had twisted into this sick version of her using Frostmourne. Jaehee dropped her defenses at the sight and moved her left hand to remove the helmet from her head, letting it drop on the ground afterwards. The shock was evident in Jaehee's face as she looked at her beloved's soul.

 

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!” She screamed at Jinyoung who let out a maniacal laugh.

 

“I made her my devoted servant.” Jinyoung let out through his laughter. He continued laughing at the sight of the banshee attacking Jaehee again even though the younger death knight avoided the banshee's attacks.

 

Jaehee cast her magical spells on the banshee to try an stop it but they did not work. Her ghostly body was immune to almost all attacks. The only thing that could stop the banshee now was to either get killed by her or destroy the weapon that created her. Jaehee dodge another attack from the banshee's claws and despite the wail she let out once more, the death knight turned to Jinyoung who was still laughing.

 

Jaehee ran straight for the man and tackled Jinyoung as he was distracted. He landed hard on the ground, and lost his helmet in the process. Jaehee was on top of him now, landing punch after punch on Jinyoung's face. The banshee hovered over to her master and used her clawed hand to attack Jaehee. The claw struck the right side of Jaehee's face, cutting slightly deep into the skin from the corner of her eye and side of her cheek down to her ear and the back of her head.

 

Jaehee screamed in pain and jumped off Jinyoung to hold the side of her head. Shadowmourne fell out of her grasp and landed next to her feet. Jinyoung wiped the blood on his lip with the back of his hand and laughed once again as his banshee stood next to him. He reached down to grab Frostmourne and pointed the evil sword at Jaehee.

 

“Your beloved is such a loyal servant. Perhaps I should have kept her alive and had a taste of her. I bet she was sweet as a candy.” Jinyoung his lips and grinned evilly.

 

Jaehee's jaw trembled at the thought of Jinyoung putting his hands on Gyuri's body. He noticed how her hands and jaw trembled from the rage and disgust she was most certainly feeling. Jinyoung threw his head back as he let out a hearty laughter. In the moment the winds shifted and he barely got a chance to realize what happened.

 

Kyurhee appeared above him, flying down so fast with her daggers drawn, and struck Jinyoung right through his neck. The rogue cut so cleanly through Jinyoung's neck that you could not tell she had decapitated him until his eyes went wide and the head slid off the neck. Kyurhee landed a few feet from him and her hands trembled as she looked at them. It wasn't from anger or shock, it was from knowing that she had finally killed the man who haunted her for so long.

 

The rogue then turned her sight towards her sister. Jaehee's hair was disheveled not just from the fight but from the helmet she had been wearing. Her hair had grown out in the past few weeks to the point where the tuft on the top and back that formed her mohawk now leaned to right. Blood trickled down the death knight's neck and her green eyes glowed in a bitter sadness as she looked at the banshee that hovered over Jinyoung's headless body.

 

Kyurhee had never left the area where her sister had been fighting Jinyoung. She had vanished, blending into the surroundings and thanks to the elixir, Jinyoung had been fooled into thinking she had left. Jaehee had told her about this plan once they had left the army behind. Kyurhee was to wait for the right moment created by her sister to appear and deal Jinyoung the killing blow. They had executed their plan to perfection; Jaehee distracting Jinyoung enough to reveal a weakness in his armor and Kyurhee dealing the final blow.

 

The oldest of the sisters turned to look at the banshee and realized why Jaehee was looking at her with sadness. Kyurhee moved to pick up Frostmourne which alerted the banshee and she moved to attack the rogue. Kyurhee dodged the attacks the banshee threw at her as she made her way towards her sister.

 

“That's Gyuri's soul!”

 

“Yes.”

 

“How do we free it?”

 

“By destroying Frostmourne.”

 

Kyurhee turned to look at her sister then back at the sword in her hand. Just by holding, the rogue could feel the sinister evil of the weapon trying to permeate her being.

 

“Drop it.” Jaehee instructed her sister and Kyurhee did as Jaehee asked. Jaehee reached for Shadowmourne and raised it above her head.

 

The banshee let out another horrific wail and moved to stop the death knight from striking the sword on the ground. The banshee did not reach the sword in time because Jaehee brought her ax down so hard that finally, after over two millennia, one weapon had finally won over the other. Frostmourne shattered in half and that caused an eruption of souls to finally escape the weapon. The entire area lit up with the brightness of the souls soaring into the sky and then disappearing.

 

The sisters were mesmerized by the sight and stood there with their mouths open looking at the thousands of souls that escaped the blade. The last soul that left the blade did not fly up into the sky like the others. It stood before Jaehee and Kyurhee and looked at the two sisters. It was the soul of a man. His hair was tied into a knot at the top of his head, his green eyes pierced into the souls of the sisters and a smile crept up to his lips. He had a mustache and goatee that accentuated his facial features. He nodded at the two women knowing that just by his look they understood who he was and finally he flew into the sky and disappeared.

 

Jaehee and Kyurhee looked at each other after he disappeared. Before them now was another light, and it was radiating off the banshee created by Gyuri's soul. Jaehee moved her left hand to reach for the banshee, but she began to spin rapidly and finally before Jaehee stood the cleansed soul of Gyuri. Gyuri's soul moved her left hand to cup the side of Jaehee's face she had previously scratched.

 

“Gyuri...” Jaehee breathed out and tried to place her hand over Gyuri's but it went right through.

 

Gyuri's soul offered Jaehee a loving smile and nodded. With the look and the nod, Jaehee understood that even in death, Gyuri still loved her. Jaehee's heart swelled with emotion and tears rolled down her eyes. Her girlfriend's soul moved away and looked up into the sky. The death knight tried to reach for Gyuri's soul but it started flowing upwards and then it vanished.

 

“No...” Jaehee whispered and fell to her knees letting more tears fall. Kyurhee placed an arm around Jaehee's shoulders to comfort her sister as the woman cried at the loss of her love. The rogue looked up into the sky and noticed in the distance, to the east the the sun was getting ready to rise. It had taken all night to make it to this point and now it would continued into the morning.

 

Kyurhee stood up and walked over to a tree where she had thrown her bag earlier. She reached for the flare gun and walked over to where her sister was still silently crying on her knees. The rogue looked up at the sky and lifted the flare gun above her head and fired the shot into the sky.

 

 

 

 

 

Up high in the sky, to the northeast, the flare flew up signaling Seunghyun to move the army towards the enemy base. He gave the order and entire army moved towards their target. It was the second phase of their plan and with high morale on their side, the army hoped to free their comrades as well as the king and queen.

 

 

 

 

 

In the warehouses, all of the Guardians had gone to their respective rooms and were sleeping with only a few more hours left until it was time to wake up. And in the room that belonged to a certain priestess, a blinding light suddenly swirled above Soyeon and then fell into the priestess's body. After being unconscious for so long, Soyeon finally opened her eyes and gasped.