Chapter Twenty Two

Masquerade

The cold wind from the chilly afternoon cut through Eunjung’s exposed skin like a razor. Even though it was still fall, the temperature was cooler than normal and Eunjung welcomed the cold weather at this moment. The burning sensation on her face from the cold wind helped alleviate the pain in her heart. Jiyeon’s words echoed through her thoughts and it hurt her more than any physical pain she had ever felt.

Eunjung was positively sure that her feelings for Jiyeon would return no matter how many times God punished her and removed any those feelings she felt. It had only happened once thus far, but the feelings had returned and even though Eunjung had been more composed about them this time, she still had a bit of trouble controlling them.

The events from earlier had been her breaking point and she knew sooner or later God would be scolding her once again. His attempts to make Eunjung forget those feelings would only fail because Jiyeon was becoming more powerful as time went by and she progressed with her training. 

The leader of the Guardians had not had this kind of trouble for as long as she could remember. She always felt a special connection to all the Chosen Ones she had protected but none of them had ever made her feel like Jiyeon had. Jiyeon was causing Eunjung more problems than she thought she could ever handle.

The young girl had turned Eunjung’s world upside down. She was beginning to feel all different kinds of emotions as of late even though she could still not express them as much as she wanted. Anger was the one that seemed to be breaking through the fastest and now it was accompanied by jealousy. First it happened because Jiyeon disobeyed one of her rules and almost gotten herself captured and Hwayoung killed. The second was this guy she had agreed to go out on a date with.

In perspective, Seungri could give Jiyeon what Eunjung could not. He could give her the attention of a lover that Eunjung could not; he could hold her, kiss her, smile at her, Seungri could be the lover and life companion she desired. But just like Eunjung could not give her any of these things, Jiyeon could not in turn date anyone.

Her only duty in this world was to learn and perfect her powers so that she could finally meet God, the one who had chosen her as the hero of this world. For what purpose did she need to meet him Eunjung was not sure of. It was something that no Guardian knew and something that God had not spoken about himself.

It’s forbidden for you… Jiyeon’s words rung through Eunjung’s head once again. It was not her desire to be the way she was, but she could not help it. The pain she felt was causing her to feel that sensation of wanting to cry. She had a lump in that made breathing and swallowing hard and the tears being held back burned her eyes just like the cold wind burned her face and hands.

Eunjung closed her eyes and shook her head quickly and then opened her eyes once again. She was now pulling up the Temple of the Shadows where Jaehee was waiting for her. Eunjung had never stepped foot in this place but she had driven by it many times. One of her hobbies was riding around the city of Seoul and its surrounding area.

The black gates were opened and the road led up to the parking area in front of the temple. There were a few vehicles parked but Eunjung focused on Jaehee’s red Mustang. She pulled her motorcycle up to the empty spot next to the red car and parked there. The Guardian could sense powerful dark auras in this place but the atmosphere of the Temple was making her feel relaxed much to her surprise.

“Eunjung!” Jaehee’s voice made Eunjung look at the direction where she heard it coming from and she spotted the taller woman walking towards her. Despite the cold weather, Jaehee was sweating and on one of her hands she was holding a two handed axe.

The weapon had a blue glow to it and it was decorated in a beautiful yet dark way. The runes carved into it along with the ram like shaped skull in between the handle and the blade made the axe seem eerie. Eunjung studied the weapon briefly before looking at Jaehee who wiped her forehead with her forearm. The Shadow smiled at Eunjung and motioned for her to follow.

“Were you training?” Eunjung asked when she was closer to her friend.

“I don’t think you could call it training. I was mainly releasing my frustrations. A lot has been happening lately and I just don’t seem to have any control over it.” Jaehee responded.

“I feel the same way.” Eunjung added and Jaehee stopped walking.

“Is that why you called me? It sounded like something happened.” Jaehee said and Eunjung stopped walking as well.

She turned to face the taller woman and nodded. “It has to do with Jiyeon, but now that I think about it, perhaps I’m the problem. Perhaps I am no longer qualified to be a Guardian, much less lead them.”

Jaehee frowned at Eunjung’s words and started walking with Eunjung walking beside her. She asked the Guardian to explain what had happened with Jiyeon first before she went into depth about her other comment. Jaehee was surprised to hear that Jiyeon had decided to go out with someone else because she had been sure that the human girl only had eyes and feelings for Eunjung.

The two of them stopped walking when they came up to a pile of skeletons. The skeletal bodies seemed to be incomplete because of all the different bones lying around. Jaehee noticed how Eunjung simply stared at them and smirked.

“They are the ones I use for training or releasing stress.”

Eunjung kept her eyes on the skull of the skeleton lying on top of the others. The bottom part of its body was missing and she was sure the legs lying next to the pile belonged to it. Death Knights were one of the rarest classes of Shadows to be seen but from what little the Guardians knew about them, they knew that death knights could raise the dead.

Jaehee was a Death Knight so this explained why she would keep skeletons around to train with. The one thing Eunjung didn’t want to know was who they belonged to.

“So you raise them up and animate their bodies?” Eunjung asked and Jaehee nodded. “Do you mind if…if…I use them?”

Jaehee was taken aback by Eunjung’s request at first but then she knew that if they helped her, they would certainly help Eunjung.

“I don’t mind. Do you want them with or without a weapon?”

“With a weapon. It makes it more challenging.”

“Okay then.” Jaehee placed her axe on the ground and moved her arms to start casting the spell. Her eyes began to glow and the skeletons started moving around the shallow pit as their bodies joined up.

Once the skeletons rose up holding their weapons, they turned to Eunjung and Jaehee smirked as the glow in her eyes disappeared. Eunjung narrowed her eyes at the skeletons and started running towards them as they ran towards her. The excitement in Jaehee’s face had her grinning from ear to ear.






When Jiyeon’s parents found out that their daughter was going on a date tonight, they were shocked. What shocked them even more was that Jiyeon was going on a date with a guy because they were sure that their daughter was a lesbian. She had been crushing on Eunjung all this time so that meant she was not straight, but since Jiyeon was going out with a guy now then that meant she was biual. …Right?

Her parents were confused but in part her mother was glad that Jiyeon was giving someone else a chance because her relationship with Eunjung seemed to be going no where. Jiyeon’s mom was currently in her daughter’s room helping her pick out an outfit and then helping her with her make up and hair. Qri was also in the room with Jiyeon.

Tonight was the first time Jiyeon’s parents had met Qri, who Jiyeon introduced as a friend and one of Eunjung’s roommates. Surprisingly to Jiyeon, Qri had quickly charmed her parents not only with her beauty but also with how formal and respectful she was to them. It’s not like Qri treated Jiyeon any differently, yes she was less formal with the young girl, but Qri was known to be a rather cold person at first.

These past few months the two of them had become friends and Qri no longer felt that Jiyeon was her rival seeing as how she had lost her crush on Eunjung, finally, and was now going out with Boram. Qri and Mrs. Park were currently disagreeing on what Jiyeon should wear. The mage wanted Jiyeon to show off some skin and the girl’s mother wanted Jiyeon to dress a little more conservative.

The two of them finally agreed on a blue dress that Jiyeon had. It showed some skin but was still conservative enough for Mrs. Park. The two of them then proceeded to fix Jiyeon’s hair and make up after Jiyeon had changed into the dress.

Out in the living room, Mr. Park was waiting for Jiyeon’s date to arrive. He wanted to meet the guy who was taking his daughter out and see if he was worthy of her. Mr. Park was not happy to hear that Jiyeon was going out with a guy though. Yes, he was happy she was seeing someone new, but in part he hoped it was a girl. Perhaps this had to do with his over protectiveness of his daughter as father.

Everyone in Jiyeon’s apartment heard the doorbell ring and everything stopped. Jiyeon asked her mother to go out and see if it was Seungri which left her alone with Qri in her room. The young girl looked at herself in the mirror and liked what she saw. Qri and her mother had done a good job at making sure she looked beautiful but part of Jiyeon wished that this date was with Eunjung instead of Seungri.

Qri noticed the doubt in Jiyeon’s face and placed a hand on Jiyeon’s shoulder. “What’s wrong? Do you not want to go out with him anymore? Because if you don’t, I’ll go kick him out of here personally.”

Jiyeon smiled at Qri’s comment. “No unni, please don’t. I told him I would go out with him and I will. He seems like a nice guy so I’m sure I’ll get to like him more as I get to know him.”

Qri wrapped her arms around Jiyeon’s neck and looked at Jiyeon’s reflection on the mirror. “Don’t lie to yourself about your feelings Jiyeon-ah. I can tell that you’re not really interested in this guy because you’re in love with Eunjung.”

“But Eunjung is a lost cause!” Jiyeon slammed her hands on the desk and fought her tears back.

Qri sighed. “Eunjung…Eunjung is in a terrible predicament. Even though we are all free to date and love who we want, Eunjung is the only one with the fate to be alone forever. It’s tough being in love with her or having a crush on her. I know this personally because I dealt with it for a long time.”

“But you found Boram unni, and now you’re happy and in love. I need to find that too.” Jiyeon replied.

“Perhaps you will Jiyeon, but I don’t think you should rush it. And from what we all know because Eunjung has told us, for now you shouldn’t really be dating anyone.” Qri told her and Jiyeon pulled herself away from the mage’s embrace.

She stood up from her chair and walked over to her bed to grab her handbag. “Eunjung told me that but I don’t understand why. Am I supposed to be alone and unhappy like her? I won’t live like that Qri!”

Qri was going to reply to Jiyeon but the younger girl stormed out of her room. The mage sighed and walked towards the door to make her way to the living room as well. She did not want Jiyeon to go out with this guy, but the least she could do now was meet him, be friendly, and follow them with Boram to make sure the guy didn’t try anything with Jiyeon.






Mr. Park had opened the door when he heard the bell ring. On the other side of the door stood Seungri who held a single rose in one hand. He smiled at Jiyeon’s dad and introduced himself to the older man. Mr. Park narrowed his eyes on the guy. Seungri was handsome but Jiyeon’s dad did not have a good feeling about him.

Mrs. Park walked into the living room right after Seungri had entered the apartment. She smiled at him and bowed back at Seungri when he introduced himself to her. Jiyeon’s mom was glad to see that her daughter had picked such handsome young man to go out with. She told Seungri to take a seat and offered him something to drink while he waited for Jiyeon to finish getting ready. He turned the offer down and waited with both parents for Jiyeon to finish getting ready.

The atmosphere between Seungri and Mr. Park was awkward but Jiyeon’s mom made him feel more at ease. The woman asked Seungri if he was a student or if he worked and she was surprised to hear that he was actually a singer. Mrs. Park wasn’t too much into the idol Kpop craze that all the young kids liked but now that she thought about it, she remembered hearing Seungri’s name before.

The older woman didn’t get to ask much more because Jiyeon suddenly came into the living room. “Hello Seungri oppa.”

Seungri turned to look at Jiyeon and smiled at the sight of the girl. “Jiyeon-ah…wow!”

He stood up from the chair he was sitting on and walked over to Jiyeon and handed her the rose. “You look stunning and I know I gave you some roses earlier, but I thought one more wouldn’t hurt.”

Jiyeon took the rose from Seungri and smiled at him. “Thank you oppa.”

Behind Jiyeon stood Qri who had narrowed her eyes on Seungri. She studied the way he looked at Jiyeon and could tell how Seungri was just drooling to get his paws on Jiyeon. Qri could also tell that this guy had no magical aura of any kind around him. He was human and a useless one in her opinion.

Seungri…the kpop idol? Yes, I believe that’s him. Gross.

Seungri noticed the girl standing behind Jiyeon and even though she seemed to be glaring at him, he found her beautiful. He wasn’t sure who she was but the player in him wanted to at least know her name.

“Is that your sister Jiyeon?” Seungri asked while looking at Qri.

Jiyeon’s eyes widened and she turned around to look at Qri who rolled her eyes. “Oh, no! Qri unni is a good friend of mine.”

“Kyu…ri?” Seungri spelled out the name in the air with his fingers and Qri rolled her eyes again.

“Close, but it’s like this.” Qri drew the first character and Seungri grinned. He thought the first letter sounded harder than normal.

“Cool spelling! I’m Seungri, nice to meet you Qri noona.” Seungri bowed at her and Qri scoffed.

“Nice to meet you too. I know who you are though. You’re popular.” Qri told him and Seungri smiled.

“Are you a fan?”

“No.”

“Oh…”

“Oppa, I think we should get going.” Jiyeon grabbed Seungri’s arm and tried to pull him towards the door. She could tell by Qri’s tone that the older girl was annoyed by Seungri’s presence. Seungri turned to Jiyeon and nervously smiled at her. He too knew Qri didn’t seem too happy with him.

“Seungri it was nice meeting you. Have fun.” Jiyeon’s mother told the young man and Seungri bowed at the older woman.

“Make sure to bring Jiyeon back home early. She does have school tomorrow.” Mr. Park told him and turned to face the TV once again.

“Yes, sir. Nice meeting you as well.” Seungri bowed to Mr. Park and then turned to Jiyeon so that the two of them could head out of the apartment.

Once the door closed behind them, Qri also said her farewells to Jiyeon’s parents. Both of them smiled at Qri and asked her to visit more often from now on. Qri told them she would try and bowed at both of them before leaving to meet up with Boram who was waiting outside for her. When Seungri’s car exited the apartment’s parking garage, Boram and Qri followed them in their own vehicle.





In the rural mountains of northwest North Korea, Kyurhee had managed to survive the fall off the cliff. Every rogue learned a special ability that caused them to fall at a slower rate than normal which aided Kyurhee in her fall. After passing through the fog, Kyurhee had used the other rogue’s body to avoid landing face first into a rock that was sticking out from the wall of the cliff.

The rock had a flat top but Kyurhee could not afford to injure herself further or worse case become unconscious. She had moved the other rogue underneath her and as he landed on his back, she landed on top of him and bounced off. Now Kyurhee found herself hanging by both hands from another part of the wall.

She was close to where the two of them had landed and could hear the ragged breaths from the enemy rogue. Kyurhee looked at her surroundings on the wall and noted what rocks she could use to climb back up to him. Using the last bit of energy she had, Kyurhee climbed up to the rock and stopped at the edge of it when she saw the enemy rogue held an orange colored crystal in his hand.

“Come on…break you stupid rock…damn it!” The rogue spit out between breaths. No matter how much he tried, the crystal would not break.

Kyurhee narrowed her eyes on the crystal and tried to remember what type of crystal it was. While growing up and studying at the temple, the Princess had learned that different stones and crystals could be enchanted to provide beneficial abilities. Her mind scanned through all the ones she could remember and it finally hit her.

The crystal was one of the few that could be enchanted with an invisibility spell. The spell did not make a person invisible physical, but it did hide their magical aura. That crystal explained why no one could sense the enemy Shadows anymore and it also meant that if this guy destroyed it, his aura would be revealed.

But the idiot doesn’t realize that I can still be sensed. I need to get that crystal before he manages to destroy it!Kyurhee smirked and pulled herself up onto the rock. She now stood over the rogue who looked up at her in shock. He had been too preoccupied with the crystal to realize that she was still alive.

“So that’s how you guys are able to hide. I should have known. Give me the crystal!” Kyurhee demanded and stuck her hand out for the rogue to hand it to her. He was in no position to stand up and fight her.

The rogue spit on Kyurhee’s boot which angered her and she kicked him on his side. The rogue cried out in pain as her foot made contact with his broken ribs. Kyurhee grabbed one of her daggers and kneeled down to face him. She placed the dagger on his throat and moved her left hand to take the crystal out of the rogue’s grip.

He handed it to her without a fight and gulped as he felt the blade press into his skin. Kyurhee looked at the crystal in her hand and then squeezed it tight. The orange glow of the crystal intensified and the glow spread through out her body. She was now undetectable to everyone.

“I know have the advantage over all of you.” Kyurhee grinned at the rogue and then pushed the dagger deeper into the rogue’s throat. In a swift swing, she slit his throat open and ended his life.

Kyurhee wiped the blood on her dagger on the guy’s shirt and then stood up to place it back in its holder. She slipped the crystal into one of the pouches tied to her belt and then pulled out a small vial filled with a red liquid. She drank the potion that would give her energy she need and then slipped the empty vial back into the pouch.

You can no longer detect me Jinyoung. It‘s time we turn the tables around. With a determined grin, Kyurhee used her vanish ability and proceeded to make her way further down the cliff.





Even with weapons in their hands, the reanimated skeletons had no chance against Eunjung’s impressive martial arts skills. Two skeletons remained and when the first of the two attacked her, Eunjung dodge the swing of its sword and tackled the skeleton. The being dropped its sword as it fell and Eunjung quickly moved to snap its head off its body.

She then jumped up to roundhouse kick the second skeleton. The skeleton fell back but quickly stood up again to attack Eunjung with powerful swings of its sword. Eunjung grabbed the two guns from their holsters and used them to block the swings of the sword. The Guardian blocked the skeleton’s last swing with the gun in her left hand and used her right leg to kick the skeleton’s left leg out.

Now that it was missing one leg, the skeleton fell to the ground and before it could attempt to get up, Eunjung was on top of it punching its skull into the ground. Her punches were relentless and the skull was beginning to shatter as her fists made contact with it. Jaehee clenched her right fist to end the reanimation of the skeleton and just let Eunjung go to town on it.

Seeing that Eunjung wasn’t stopping, Jaehee finally stood up. “Eunjung that’s enough!”

Hearing Jaehee’s voice brought Eunjung back to her senses and she stopped punching what was left of the skull. She shut her eyes and panted heavily as she tried to catch her breath. Jaehee walked up to the Guardian and loomed over her.

“It seems like you’re still frustrated. Perhaps you should just talk about it.” Jaehee leaned down and gently tapped Eunjung’s shoulder. She then turned around and walked over to the edge of the shallow pit to take a seat on the ground.

Eunjung opened her eyes and looked up towards where Jaehee was sitting. She then stood up and headed to take a seat next to the Shadow. “I can’t stop thinking about Jiyeon going out with that guy.”

“Then why don’t you do something about it? If you love Jiyeon, then fight for her. Do you think that Jiyeon would actually be thinking about that guy when he hugs her or kisses her? No, if he ever does that the only person in Jiyeon’s mind will be you. The two of you are meant to be Eunjung. Show her that you love her; prove it to her even if it means rebelling against everything.” Jaehee encouraged the girl sitting next to her.

“I would if I could, but I can’t.” Eunjung responded.

“Why can’t you? I don’t see what’s stopping you.” Jaehee shrugged.

“These are what stop me.” Eunjung pointed at the restraints on her body.

Jaehee scanned the leather straps and locks on Eunjung’s body and raised an eyebrow. “Are they restraints? I thought you had picked out a weird outfit.” 

Eunjung shook her head as Jaehee chuckled at her last comment. Seeing Eunjung’s face, Jaehee stopped chuckling and cleared . “I’m sorry, but if these restrain you then get rid of them. I’ll help you.”

Jaehee reached over to try and pull off one of the locks on Eunjung’s arm and when she touched the cold metal her fingers caught on fire.

“Ah! What the-” Jaehee doused the fire with her other hand then froze her hand to stop the pain and lingering burning sensation.

“Are you alright? I’m sorry they burned you.” Eunjung looked at Jaehee’s hand and the Shadow nodded.

“I’ll be fine. I should have known better. Of course they are made out of holy magic.” Jaehee responded and moved the fingers in her frozen hand to crush the ice.

“Trying to undo the locks won’t work. There is no way of removing them.” Eunjung explained and Jaehee frowned. She felt sorry for Eunjung because she was now seeing that her friend was dealt with a horrible fate.

“Are you sure about that?” Jaehee asked and Eunjung nodded.

She had tried to remove them once before but found out that the locks didn’t budge. God had even scolded her for trying and told her that nothing could free her from the restraints. He had mentioned something about Eunjung choosing herself to wear them but she did not remember the reason.

In fact, a lot of Eunjung’s memory regarding her past was lost. She herself did not remember anything before the time she began to scout for potential Guardians to join her, and even that time period was beginning to fade from her memory.

Jaehee stood up from her seat and looked down at Eunjung. “I hate to cut our conversation short, but it’s getting late and I need to go find Gyuri and speak to her. I have a lot of explaining to do.”

Eunjung stood up as well. “It’s fine Jaehee. Thank you for hearing me out. I should get going as well.”

The two of them started walking back towards the parking lot. When they got there, they said their goodbyes. Jaehee headed towards the temple itself and Eunjung got on her motorcycle and turned it on. This time she secured her helmet around her head and pulled off to head back into the city.

Rebel against everything…can I do that? Would it be worth it? I guess I should find out… There was a determination in Eunjung’s eyes as she rode into the city.






Jiyeon’s date with Seungri had been pretty normal by first date standards. He had taken Jiyeon to eat at one of Seoul’s finer restaurants and had reserved one of the most private tables in the restaurant. Jiyeon actually found it amusing when they first arrived that Seungri had to wear big sunglasses and a fedora in order to hide his true identity at least outside of the restaurant.

Jiyeon now understood why celebrities found dating a hard thing to do because they really wanted to avoid any kind of scandal. Inside the restaurant, Seungri had removed all the silly items that helped him hide his identity. Their conversation through out the dinner had been kept to mainly learning little things about each other.

Seungri talked a little bit about his family and how he ended up training and finally debuting as a solo singer. Jiyeon thought her life was boring compared to Seungri’s but Seungri seemed to be genuinely interested in what Jiyeon told him. He even admitted that he envied the fact that she did not have to deal with the status of being a celebrity and could walk around freely without being recognized.

Thankfully, even after taking her home and walking her to her apartment, Seungri had kept his hands to himself and never touched Jiyeon inappropriately. The one thing he had done though was steal a kiss from Jiyeon before she walked inside her house. Seungri had caught Jiyeon off guard and stolen the kiss he desired for all night. 

Jiyeon fought back the wanting to slap him and just gave him a small smile before walking inside her apartment. Once inside, she had wiped her lips with the back of her hand and ran towards her room to go the restroom and wash her teeth and mouth. Seungri so far was nice and charming, but she had not been ready to kiss him.

On the other hand, Seungri celebrated the fact that he had kissed Jiyeon after she walked inside her apartment. With a big smile on his face, he made it down to the elevator and taken it to the level that allowed him access to the parking garage. While he walked to his car, he failed to notice the person that was walking behind him.

Seungri was about to press the unlock button on his car key when he was suddenly shoved onto his car face first. He groaned at the pain and tried to turn around to face his attacker but the person kept his head against the window of the car. He was slammed into the car once again and this time he cried out louder than before.

“Look dude if you want money just take my wallet!” Seungri manage to shout before being turned around and slammed into the car once more.

“Shut up!” Eunjung yelled at him and wrapped her left hand around his neck as she kept the rest of his body slammed up against the car.

Seungri was shocked to see that it was a woman who was trying to rob him. He studied her facial features and then he remembered that he had seen her before. “You’re…you…were at the university-”

“I told you to shut up!” Eunjung yelled at him again and this time Seungri felt the cold metal from Eunjung’s gun on the side of his head by his temple.

“What do you want?!” Seungri shouted out and hoped that the woman wouldn’t pull the trigger.

“I want you to stay away from Jiyeon! Don’t speak to her, call her or even look at her. She’s off limits to you. And you will do as I say or I will make sure you lose your manhood.” Eunjung moved the gun down from his head and placed it right in between Seungri’s legs.

Seungri’s eyes went wide. He didn’t want to lose his life but more importantly, he didn’t want to lose his manhood. He would need it one day. Seungri shut his eyes and gave into what Eunjung was saying. “Okay! Okay! Please! I promise! I promise I won’t ever talk or go near Jiyeon…just please…don’t hurt me.”

Eunjung moved the gun away from Seungri’s manhood and placed it back in its holster. She then shoved Seungri onto the ground in between his car and the one next to it. Seeing as how he was free of Eunjung’s grasp gave him the idea that now he could retaliate against her and teach her that as a man he was better and stronger than her.

His attempt to stand up failed because Eunjung kicked his chest pushing him back onto the ground. Seungri groaned as his back and head hit the pavement and he became dizzy when Eunjung grabbed his collar and pulled him up to face her.

“I’m not playing around! If you don’t do as I say, I will make sure you learn your lesson.” Eunjung pushed him back when she let go of his collar and stood up to head to her motorcycle. Seungri managed to stand up and lean against his car. He unlocked it and opened the door but before he went inside he turned towards Eunjung who was standing behind the car parked next to him.

“…I won’t give up on her…” Seungri mumbled and stepped inside the car. He slammed the door shut, started the car and pulled off. He sped down the lot burning tires along the way.

“Jiyeon is mine you fool.” Eunjung said as she watched Seungri drive away. She then headed for her motorcycle, got on it, started it and took off as well.

As Eunjung rounded the corner in the parking garage towards the exit, Boram and Qri walked out from behind the car they were using to hide. They had been witnesses to the entire interaction between Seungri and Eunjung. Neither of them had seen Eunjung like that before.

“Damn it, I wish we would have had some popcorn. That was some movie type stuff.” Qri commented and Boram shook her head.

“Eunjung was really scary. Her demeanor was so different than what we seen of her since we’ve known her.” Boram said and Qri nodded in agreement.

“I think our Chosen One has changed our leader. The only question is if it’s for good or bad.” Qri’s comment for once was serious and Boram could only agree with her.






Eunjung was speeding down the highway as she headed out of the city. It had been an eventful day to say the least and she was looking forward to getting some rest. Hopefully that would clear her mind because after what she had done she had shocked her own self.

As she veered into the highway that would lead her towards the headquarters, God’s voice finally rung in Eunjung’s head. “Your actions as of late have surprised me. It seems you have gained too much freedom.”

“Do you fear it?” Eunjung asked him and then the restraints started moving. They got a little tight around her body, but not enough to cause pain. They moved to make Eunjung uncomfortable.

“I need you to come see me. I’ll be expecting you here quickly.”

Eunjung was near the area where she could exit onto the highway that would take her to the hidden cave in the mountains. Once she reached the exit, she took it and veered into the highway.

“As you wish…”