Chapter Twenty Four

Masquerade

Sleeping had not been an easy task for Kyurhee the entire night. She had to practically sleep with one eye open the entire night to make sure that none of Jinyoung’s men found her. The rogue was undetectable to them, but out in clear view, she could still be spotted. In order to help hide herself, Kyurhee had climbed a tree and used one of its branches to lay and rest on.

West of the mountains and the cliff which she had jumped, there was a large forest with tall trees. Kyurhee knew that Jinyoung would come down the cliff in order to find her or at least her body if he thought she was dead. What the rogue hoped most for was that her group members were still alive and that Jinyoung would show himself in this area.

She needed to see him fail when trying to find her and eventually give up and return to wherever his main base was. That would give Kyurhee the opportunity to follow him and find out who else he was working with. When the sun rose at dawn, Kyurhee got up from the branch she was lying on and began scanning her surroundings.

Her ears perked up at the sound of birds flying away from the trees and sound of footsteps making their way into the forest. Quickly, Kyurhee moved to the trunk of the tree where the branch started and crouch down before going into stealth mode. The sound of the footsteps increased as they neared her location and Kyurhee maintained her position.

When she saw the large group of people walking by with Jinyoung leading them in the front, Kyurhee knew that her prayers had been answered. Of course Jinyoung would bring his entire army with him in order to find her. His obsession with her was too great.

Kyurhee could see from her spot that her group members had been captured by Jinyoung and his men. They were all chained up together and being led by the rest of the men to follow behind them. Their weapons had been removed and the metal chains around their hands and feet would prevent them from trying to escape. I’m sorry you guys were captured, but I needed a scapegoat. If you guys manage to survive, I will do my best to save you.

Suddenly two men came running as fast as they could towards Jinyoung. The ex nobleman turned around on his steed to face them. They explained to him that they had failed to find Kyurhee’s body and that the rogue who had fallen with her was dead. The cause of death was not the fall but a slash to the throat. The anger in Jinyoung’s face was evident and now he was sure that Kyurhee was alive and hiding somewhere.

“SEARCH THE ENTIRE FOREST AND FIND HER!” Jinyoung yelled at his men. Kyurhee grinned as she watched most of them scatter into the woods except those guarding her friends.

Try as hard as you can Jinyoung because you’ll never find me. Even when I stand next to you, you won’t know of my presence.






High Shadow Priestess TaeIn had made it to the closest city to the border, Kaesong. She had been here before, many years ago before the North and South were separated by the Korean War. TaeIn had used her mind control abilities on the soldiers riding an army truck from the border to the city.

Fearless, she walked into the middle of the road when she had seen the truck coming up the road in her direction. The guy driving it managed to hit his brakes and avoided hitting the random woman who stood in the middle of the road blocking their passage. With a devilish grin on her face, TaeIn took control of the minds of the five soldiers.

After being in control of them, TaeIn took a seat inside the truck and the soldiers followed. She made the driver start driving to continue heading in whichever direction they were headed to. Using her powers, the priestess knocked out four of the soldiers and kept control over the driver. When the city of Kaesong came into view, TaeIn made the decision to stop there.

Seeing as this city was one of the two that allowed tourists to enter it, TaeIn would not have a problem staying here until she was ready to move on. She made the driver of the truck stop just outside of the city and when she was where he could not see her, TaeIn stopped controlling him. From her position she could see the confusion in the driver’s face but even like that, he pulled away.

It was now midday in Kaesong, and TaeIn had no problem making her way around the city. Things had changed here and there but some of the old historical places still remained. The reason she had decided to make it into the nearest city was to see if there were any Shadows there.

TaeIn knew that if there were any, they would be able to sense her powerful aura and perhaps those working for the enemy Shadows would show their faces. The High Priestess was positively sure that the enemy knew she was in the North and would most likely want to capture her.

Even though it had been a long time since TaeIn had been in the north, she was not surprised to see that all the people walking the streets and going about their business were only human. Knowing how her people were, TaeIn was sure that most Shadows left the north for other places to live more comfortably. They did not like being oppressed by anyone especially a human regime. If Shadows were in North Korea, they were most likely those who belonged to the enemy Shadows.

The High Priestess made her way to one of her favorite places in the city, Kaesong Namdaemun. It was a gate located in the old walled city of Kaesong and even though it had been rebuilt a few times, it was still one of her favorite sites to see here. No one seemed to be around the gate when she arrived and the shadows created by the nearby trees made for good hiding places.

TaeIn observed her surroundings and since there was no one around she decided to call out anyone who might be out there. “I might not be able to sense you, but I know you’re out there! Come out!”

Two women suddenly appeared from the shadows on the tree to her left and three men appeared from the tree to her right. There was a smile of satisfaction on TaeIn’s face as they all approached her. Even though their faces were covered, the five of them had surprised expressions underneath their masks. They were not expecting TaeIn to call them out.

“I know you’ve either been ordered to follow me or capture me. I want to help make your job easier. I surrender to you here.” TaeIn told them and kneeled down on both knees before the enemy Shadows.

The Shadows looked at each other surprised once again by the older woman’s actions. One of the females stepped up to TaeIn and looked down at the kneeling priestess. “Are you serious?”

TaeIn kept her eyes on the ground and did not respond to the Shadows question. Frustrated the woman turned to her comrades who looked at her and then at the priestess. One of the men reached for one of the pouches he had attached on his belt and pulled out an orb.

It began to glow and he started speaking to it. “My Lord, the High Priestess has surrendered to us willingly.”

The man could see Lord Kwangsoo’s face clearly on the orb. He expected their leader to be surprised but Kwangsoo simply grinned. “That’s wonderful news. Bring her to me now.”

“Yes sir!” The man replied and the orb stopped glowing. He turned to face everyone else and gave out his order. “Bring her with us; we are heading back to headquarters immediately.”

They headed over to TaeIn and surrounded her. “Follow us.”

TaeIn nodded at the leader of the group and stood up and began following behind the Shadows. The priestess’s plan had worked and now these five Shadows would take her to their leader where she would make sure to kill whoever it was. The sound of the voice coming from the orb reminded her of someone. It was almost as if she had heard Nobleman Kim Kwangsoo’s voice; the doubt about it was going to bother her all the way to wherever these guys were taking her.





Kyurhee had been carefully following Jinyoung all this time that he and his men had been searching for her. There search was a failure and she could clearly tell by his expression that Jinyoung was frustrated and anxious. In his mind, there was no way Kyurhee could have gone too far in such a short amount of time; not to mention that she was probably weakened or injured by the fall.

Carefully, Kyurhee walked over to the nearest tree while in stealth mode and observed all of the men returning to Jinyoung’s current location and kneeling before him. All the groups reported the same thing; they were unable to find the Princess and could not sense her aura either. Jinyoung gritted his teeth and his eyes started glowing brightly, filled with anger.

“Jinyoung…” The sudden voice made the death knight turn to look at the bag attached to his horse’s saddle and grabbed it to pull out the communication orb from it.

“My Lord.” Jinyoung responded. The image of a smug Kim Kwangsoo showed on the orb and the smug grin caught Jinyoung off guard. Something good must have happened on the other man’s side.

“Have you captured the Princess yet? The Queen has willingly surrendered to us.” Kwangsoo informed his general. Jinyoung’s face was filled with shock.

“Unbelievable…” Was his first response before composing himself, “That is good news my Lord, but I unfortunately have failed you. Princess Kyurhee has escaped from my grasp and we can no longer sense her aura.”

The smug grin on Lord Kwangsoo’s face disappeared and he glared at Jinyoung through the orb. “How could you let that happen?! You idiot!”

“I’m sorry sir, but I will continue looking for her. She can’t be too far from us. I’m sure she’s mostly injured after falling from the cliff. I have captured the men that were with her though.” Jinyoung told the other man who continue to glare at him.

“I asked you to kill anyone we did not need!” Lord Kwangsoo yelled out and then seemed to pause as if an idea had crossed his mind. “No, no…you did well Jinyoung. If you’ve captured them, make sure they stay alive. If Kyurhee finds that out, she will most likely try to save them! Yes…return to our main base. She will certainly follow you.”

Jinyoung’s eyes shifted quickly from side to side as he thought over what Lord Kwangsoo had said and it made sense. A small smirk appeared on his face. “Excellent idea my Lord. I will make my return a swift one.”

“Yes, I shall wait for you. Then we will prepare for our grandest of plans.” The man on the orb cackled madly and then the glow from the orb disappeared.

Jinyoung returned the orb to the bag on the side of the saddle and then turned to face his men. “Halt all your searches. We will return to headquarters immediately. Bring the prisoners and make sure they’re well fed. We need to keep them alive.”

“Yes sir!” All the men shouted out together and bowed. Jinyoung turned his horse around and started going back towards the way they entered the forest with everyone following behind him.

As they made their way out of the forest, the thought of Kyurhee finding the invisibility crystal on the rogue she fell with crossed Jinyoung’s mind. It would explain why he could not sense her if she was anywhere near them in the forest. He didn’t care if she had one and could not sense her. If Kyurhee was indeed there amongst his men, she would surely follow them back to their main base and there he would finally capture the Princess.

Kyurhee had heard the entire conversation between Jinyoung and Kwangsoo. Nobleman Kwangsoo’s voice was one that she knew well and Kyurhee had not doubts it was he who was working with Jinyoung. Also, by Jinyoung’s tone of voice, the real leader behind all this was Kim Kwangsoo.

The rogue was surprised to hear that her mother was not only in the North but had also willingly surrendered.She must have a plan in mind. There is no way she would surrender so easily.

With a smile on her face, Kyurhee covered her face with the hood and mask that had been around her neck this entire time. Using the shadows of the forest, Kyurhee blended in with them and quickly caught up with Jinyoung and his men. Hopefully, she and TaeIn would get to their main base at the same time and work together to defeat both Kwangsoo and Jinyoung.





Gyuri seemed to be in trance due to her shock. There was no way Jaehee was a demon like she had said she was. Demons didn’t exist; they were stories told by people in order to scare others. She had done a paper on this topic back in high school and her research had landed her in a public library checking out a book about urban legends.

It had been a fascinating read and it had her curious about the existence of the demons mentioned in the book. They were described as being able to blend in with humans but had unnatural colored eyes that could glow, pointed ears and horns that came in all shapes and sizes. Her thesis had been to dismiss all of these tales about the demons and her conclusion had been that they didn’t exist.

She had believed her own words until now that her girlfriend matched all the descriptions she had read about the demons. The only one that confused her was the eyes; yes, Jaehee’s eyes were glowing but they were green. Although a little brighter than most green eyes, Jaehee’s eye color was still very much human, they weren’t ‘unnatural’.

Jaehee still had her glance looking down at the small space between herself and Gyuri. She was nervous and her fingers were playing with the bottom of her shirt. Waiting for Gyuri to have another reaction other than being shocked was making her extremely anxious. The only good thing so far was that the younger woman had not ran off and out of the apartment.

Gyuri her lips and gulped down some saliva before moving her hands up to Jaehee’s face. Gyuri’s hands were warm and the feeling of them made Jaehee sigh in relief and close her eyes. Gyuri lifted her girlfriend’s face up so that she could see her eyes. Jaehee opened her eyes and looked at Gyuri directly.

The younger woman moved her fingers to touch the tips of Jaehee’s ears and then rubbed the older woman’s eye lids with her thumbs. Jaehee felt like she was at the mercy of whatever Gyuri tried to do at the moment. Gyuri then moved her hands to the base of Jaehee’s horns and gasped when she wrapped her fingers around them.

She expected them to be cold to the touch but they were a little warm and completely solid. They were unbelievable so Gyuri pulled on them as if to try to remove them off Jaehee’s head. Jaehee flinched and pulled away slightly from Gyuri. “Ow!”

Gyuri gasped and let go of them. “I’m sorry!”

Jaehee suddenly returned to her human form and shook her head. “It’s okay.”

“Don’t hide from me. Show me your true form again.” Gyuri demanded. Jaehee turned to face her girlfriend who was looking at her with a frown.

Jaehee closed her eyes and opened them suddenly with an intense glow and her true form was revealed once again. Gyuri leaned closer to her causing Jaehee to lean back and fall onto the couch. Gyuri climbed on top of her and touched the horns again before moving her hands down the side of Jaehee’s head.

“So the urban legend is true…you guys really exist.” Gyuri mentioned.

“What?” Jaehee questioned and suddenly she found Gyuri’s lips on hers. Gyuri pulled back and smiled.

“I tried so hard to convince myself all this time to not believe in those urban legends! I can’t believe this!” She exclaimed to herself as she raised her arms in the air and brought them back down and placed them on Jaehee’s shoulders.

“I don’t understand…” Jaehee commented and Gyuri leaned down to rest her head on Jaehee’s chest.

“Tell me everything Jaehee. I want to know everything.” Gyuri told her and nuzzled her face on Jaehee’s chest.

The older woman slowly moved her arms to wrap them around Gyuri. Feeling that her girlfriend would not move, Jaehee began explaining everything that had been happening as of late. She was still confused about Gyuri’s sudden reaction but if it was going to help her, Jaehee would not skip a detail.






The afternoon and end of school had come by quickly for Jiyeon and she was thrilled by it. She was anxious to get home and read the paper she had taken from Eunjung’s jacket. Jieun had left earlier since she had to head to the recording studio to continue working with Seungri so Jiyeon wasted no time in asking Eunjung to please bring her home.

The Guardian had obliged to Jiyeon’s request. The awkwardness and tension between the two of them had lessened through out the day. It mainly had to do with the fact that Jiyeon had confirmed having no interest in Seungri.

When they pulled up in front of Jiyeon’s home, the younger girl jumped off the motorcycle before Eunjung could get off to help her. The spunkiness coming from Jiyeon surprised Eunjung. Jiyeon seemed to be in a hurry to get home but Eunjung wasn’t sure why that was. She wanted to ask but decided to leave everything the way it was.

“Thank you for letting me wear your jacket all day. It’s so warm and comfy.” Jiyeon told Eunjung and offered her a smile as she removed the jacket. She handed it to Eunjung who put the jacket on.

“It’s no problem. Have a goodnight and I’ll be here to pick you up tomorrow.” Eunjung replied.

“Okay. You have a goodnight as well Jungie.” Jiyeon smiled and waved at Eunjung before turning around and quickly walking off towards the building. Eunjung watched her disappeared into the elevator and pulled off. Why is Jiyeon acting so weird today?





Once Jiyeon entered her home, she quickly ran off towards her room. Her mother happened to turn around and see Jiyeon run by the kitchen in the direction of the bedrooms. She stepped away from the stove and looked down the hallway where Jiyeon slammed her door shut.

“Jiyeon? Is everything okay?” She yelled out and Jiyeon opened her door and stuck her head out.

Grinning she replied, “Everything is fine mom!”

“Okay then dear. Welcome back.” Her mother told her and turned around to head back to the dinner she was preparing. She shook her head at Jiyeon’s sudden excitement. Her daughter had been acting so weird as of late.

Jiyeon threw her backpack on the bed and then pulled out the note from her pocket. She jumped on the bed and lied down to read its contents. “Time to see what Eunjung wrote on here…”

Jiyeon flattened out the paper and began to read the poem written by hand on it.

I remember my first glimpse of her face,
I saw you smile, then I smiled,


“Jungie can smile…what? And I don‘t remember smiling when we met…”

I was straight blown away
Mesmerized by your beauty, from your feet to your hands
How could one be so beautiful?
I don't understand


“Eunjung…” Jiyeon blushed after reading this part.

Heaven sent, God's gift without a doubt in my mind
Sometimes I wonder why our paths decided to collide
We started off as perfect strangers


“We did start off as strangers didn’t we.” Jiyeon smiled.

Girl meets girl, infatuation to love
Now you're my whole entire world
Destiny taps me on the back saying hello
But really it was your touch
No and I'll never let you go


“I’ll never let you go…” Jiyeon repeated that last phrase and continued smiling. “Please don’t ever let me go Jungie.”

Then you spoke, I never heard a voice so sweet
Heavenly,
 

Jiyeon pressed the paper tightly against her chest. This poem was already expressing so much about the way Eunjung felt and tears of happiness were starting to build in the young girl’s eyes.

I know for sure in our past life, we had to be friends
Living and dying together
Knowing that we would meet again
It's just a blessing to have you in my life
I was destined to be with you


“Destined to be together? Are we Jungie? Everyone seems to think we’re not. Sometimes you’ve given me that feeling too.” Jiyeon pouted and a tear begin rolling down her cheek.

My privilege, so amazing, no question
And I'm knowing, soon enough we'll get where we're going
Just thinking about it, I can feel my heart growing
Am I tripping?
Or is it that I finally see?
I don't know, but my heart is saying that you're the one for me
Please believe me, I'm exactly where I want to be


Jiyeon sniffled and wiped away her tears even though they kept rolling. She wasn’t crying because of sadness; she was crying because this poem Eunjung had written expressed everything Jiyeon wanted to hear from the older girl. There was no doubt in Jiyeon’s mind now that Eunjung was in love with her and that she loved her as much as Jiyeon loved Eunjung.

“My heart says you’re the one for me too Jungie…” Jiyeon said as she ran her finger underneath that line. “I love you…”

Jiyeon reached for some tissue she had on the night stand by her bed and blew her nose on one before wiping away her tears with another tissue. Eunjung’s poem had given her a boost of confidence to not give up on Eunjung. She needed to see her now, Jiyeon needed to tell Eunjung that she loved her and that she knew how Eunjung felt about her.

The young girl reached for her backpack and grabbed her phone. She looked through her contacts and dialed Eunjung’s number when she found it. “Hello, Jungie? I need to see you.”





After arriving at the warehouses from dropping Jiyeon off at her home, Eunjung headed for the main warehouse and plopped down on the big comfy sofa in front of the television. The common area of the main warehouse was located in a corner near the entrance and the Guardians used it as a place to relax and get some entertainment. Apart from the couch Eunjung was sitting on, there were plenty of chairs, a stereo system and a whole row of computers alongside the wall.

Eunjung scoot down further and was now half sitting half lying down on the couch. She reached for the remote and the television and started skipping through the channels. Surprisingly, on this day the only other person in the common area was Kyuhyun who was playing a match of Starcraft II on one of the computers.

Eunjung eyed the younger man and stared at the match he had going on with someone else. Sensing that someone was looking at him, Kyuhyun turned around slightly and smiled at Eunjung before turning back to his game. Eunjung focused her eyes back on the television and lightly shook her head. For someone who was a warrior, Kyuhyun sure spent a lot of time in front of a computer screen.

Incessantly, Eunjung kept changing the channels and shifting around her seat. Jiyeon’s scent had been left on her jacket and this was causing Eunjung to continue thinking about the younger girl and the poem Tablo had written for her.

When Eunjung had first read the poem, she had been blown away at the accuracy of Tablo’s words. She honestly did not know what to expect from it before she had read it, but it seemed as though the Shadow had looked into her soul. It was like a map to heart and mind; a map about the feelings she had towards Jiyeon.

The Guardian wanted to read the words once again so she reached for the envelope and pulled it out from the jacket. It felt a lighter than this morning and when Eunjung opened it, she was surprised to see that the envelope was empty. Jiyeon! Jiyeon must have taken it…

Eunjung’s eyes wavered as she looked at the ground. Internally, she was panicking, but externally she showed no expression. If Jiyeon had the poem, she had surely read it by now. Eunjung needed to go talk to Jiyeon now. She needed to find out what the younger girl thought of it and explain to her that she had not written the poem.

The poem expressed her sincere feelings, but Eunjung felt that since she had not written it herself, it wasn’t fair for Jiyeon to think she had. The Guardian jumped off the sofa and ran out of the warehouse. Kyuhyun turned around to catch a glimpse of Eunjung running off and shrugged his shoulders before returning to his game.

Outside the warehouse, Eunjung had jumped on her motorcycle and was about to start it when she heard her phone ring. Pulling it out of the pocket inside the jacket, Eunjung answered. “Hello?”

` “Hello Jungie? I need to see you.”

“Yes, Jiyeon. I need to see you too. I’m on my way back to your house.” Eunjung told her and quickly started the motorcycle.

“Oh…okay! I’ll wait for you outside Jungie!” Eunjung noted a certain level of excitement on Jiyeon’s voice.

“I’ll see you soon.” Eunjung replied and ended the call. She took off speeding towards Jiyeon’s home. I don’t want to hurt you Jiyeon, but you must know the truth.






“I’m sorry for being mad at you. It’s just when Hyori told me those things…I felt like you had been lying to me all this time. Lying and hiding things that I needed to know and I was also jealous. Jealous because Hyori still wants to be with you and then there was that girl…Eunjung’s friend. The way she looked at you…it made me so angry!” Gyuri slammed her fists on the edge of the couch.

Jaehee jumped back slightly at her girlfriend’s actions. After Jaehee began explaining everything, they had switched back to their sitting positions on the couch. Jaehee had also returned to her human form, and was glad to see that Gyuri was paying attention to everything she was saying.

Gyuri had asked a lot of questions and Jaehee had diligently answered all of them. They had spent most of the midday and afternoon talking about who and what the Shadows were and even about the Guardians and Jiyeon. There was not a single detail left out and by now Jaehee seemed to have a gained a bit of confidence about the future of her relationship with the human girl.

It seemed as though Gyuri was going to accept her, even though this had not been confirmed. Right now, Jaehee was questioning Gyuri about her current behavior. Now that her girlfriend knew everything about her, perhaps Gyuri would explain her side.

“Soyeon…?” Jaehee replied the woman’s name like a question. Gyuri looked at Jaehee, her eyes filled with jealousy.

“Yes! Her…she likes you. I can tell.” Gyuri replied and sighed.

Jaehee raised an eyebrow and thought about what her girlfriend had said. Jaehee liked Soyeon too; she had become a good friend as of late and was a good-hearted person. Soyeon had also given her no reason to dislike her but the way Gyuri was talking about had never crossed the Shadow’s mind. Soyeon…likes me like that…it can’t be.

“We’re friends, but…I don’t think she likes me like that.” Jaehee defended and Gyuri scoffed.

“You’re so dense when it comes to mutual attraction and love.” Gyuri told her and Jaehee smiled.

“I wasn’t when it came to you.” Gyuri turned to look at Jaehee who had a smug grin on her face and slapped her shoulder.

“Ow!”

“That’s because I was open with you about my feelings too! But now that you know, you must be careful of her and any other woman’s advances. You’re mine!” Gyuri pointed her finger at Jaehee and the taller woman simply leaned back and gulped.

“So does this mean…you accept me?” Jaehee asked nervously. All of the jealousy and anger seemed to disappear from Gyuri’s face as she sighed and then smiled.

“Yes.” Gyuri replied and leaned her head down to rest it on Jaehee’s shoulder. Jaehee wrapped her arm around Gyuri’s shoulders and kissed the top of her head.

“Thank you. This is a big relief for me because it was my biggest fear when it came to our relationship. I should have been completely honest from the start but I failed to do that. I’m sorry.” Jaehee told her girlfriend who looked up at Jaehee and gave her a peck on the lips.

“Don’t apologize anymore. Let’s just start fresh from here on. I love you Jaehee.” Gyuri said and leaned further into her girlfriend. Jaehee gasped at the words that just came out of Gyuri’s mouth. She wasn’t sure when she was going to hear them but she was glad to hear them now.

“I love you Gyuri.” Jaehee told her and leaned down to capture the human girl’s lips in a heated kiss.





Jiyeon had been waiting by the curve leaning up against a randomly parked car for Eunjung. When she saw the older girl down the road, Jiyeon started jumping and waving at Eunjung. She was so excited to tell the older girl that she was now willing to fight for their love and would no longer give up on it. Eunjung pulled up behind the car Jiyeon was leaning on and took off her helmet.

“You should have waited inside the apartment building. Something could have happened to you out here.” Eunjung scolded Jiyeon and the younger girl stopped smiling for a second.

“I saw Boram unni at the top of the building so I was just fine standing out here.” Jiyeon retorted. She placed both hands behind her while frowning at Eunjung but in a split second she brought them back around and literally jumped on Eunjung.

“JUNGIE!” She happily said the older girl’s nickname. She gave Eunjung a cute pout, “Can we go to the park you took me to that one time and we got ice cream?”

Eunjung gulped, stared at Jiyeon’s cute face, but did not push her away. “But that place would bring up a sad memory. Why do you want to go there?”

Jiyeon stopped pouting and thought back to the moment Eunjung was talking about. That was the day she had finally managed to kiss Eunjung but the older girl had turned her down. Jiyeon shook her head trying to dismiss that memory.

She looked at Eunjung and pouted once again. “I remember, but this time I will change that memory. This time it will be a happy one.”

Eunjung stared at Jiyeon once again and then she finally nodded. “Okay, we will go there.”

Smiling, Jiyeon reached for her helmet that Eunjung kept attached to the back of the motorcycle. She took her seat behind Eunjung and held on tight to the older girl who backed her motorcycle and then pulled off in the direction of the park.

By the time they arrived at the park, the sun was beginning to set and Jiyeon quickly pulled Eunjung with her towards the spot they had been at the last time. She remembered this spot had a great view of the river and city, but this time she wanted to be at that spot so she could see the sunset.

Instead of taking a seat on the bench, Jiyeon walked down the slight hill that led to the river with Eunjung following closely behind her. They both took a seat on the hill and Jiyeon wrapped both of her arms around Eunjung’s left arm and leaned her head down on the older girl’s shoulder.

They remained silent for about a minute, staring at the sunset, and then Jiyeon finally spoke. “I wanted to talk to you.”

Eunjung turned her head to face Jiyeon who was looking back at her. “I wanted to talk to you too.”

“Great!” Jiyeon smiled and then paused. She was trying to find the best way to start this conversation.

The Guardian could tell Jiyeon was thinking of the best way to word her thoughts but she needed to tell Jiyeon the truth. She wasted no more time and began to speak. “Jiyeon, I need to tell you about-”

“Eunjung,” Jiyeon cut off Eunjung before the older girl could continue, “I read the poem you wrote about your feelings towards me. I’m sorry for taking it from you, but I was curious about the envelope you had in your jacket.”

“Jiyeon, I-” Eunjung started but once again she was cut off by the younger girl.

“Please let me finish…” Jiyeon said and continued, “What you wrote was so beautiful Jungie. Those words…they expressed so much…I was so overwhelmed with happiness to know how you feel about me. I’m still overwhelmed by them actually, but I want you to know that I love you Eunjung. I love you and I’m not going to give up on these feelings. I want to fight for our love.”

Eunjung suddenly became speechless at Jiyeon’s words. To hear that Jiyeon loved her and was willing to fight for their love made Eunjung’s heart beat faster. Jiyeon’s body seemed to be radiating a lot of heat at the moment and this caused Eunjung to feel her own body heat increasing.

“Eunjung…” Jiyeon called out her name causing Eunjung to turn and face the younger girl. “Please don’t fight this anymore. I know you love me and I love you.”

Eunjung was mesmerized by the love in Jiyeon’s eyes at the moment. She knew Jiyeon was moving closer to her and that their lips were going to meet once again for the second time. Jiyeon gently pressed her lips against Eunjung. There was a light glow encasing both of them now; Jiyeon’s powers were preventing Eunjung’s restraints from fighting back.

Eunjung closed her eyes and kissed Jiyeon back. When Jiyeon’s mouth slightly opened, Eunjung used her tongue to slightly them before entering the younger girl’s mouth. Jiyeon got excited feeling Eunjung’s tongue inside and let the older girl take control of the kiss.

The glow got brighter and Jiyeon began to fall back against the soft grass with Eunjung lying slightly on top of her. Their kiss was getting more passionate and finally a moan escaped from Jiyeon. Suddenly, Eunjung opened her eyes and an image quickly flashed in her mind and view.

She was kissing a girl that looked exactly like Jiyeon, but underneath this girl there was a pillow and a wooden floor. Eunjung’s eyes began scanning the surroundings while kissing the girl and everything was different from where she actually was. Only the girl looked like Jiyeon, but even then, Eunjung felt as if it really wasn’t the Jiyeon from now.

The image quickly faded away and Eunjung ripped herself off Jiyeon and fell back on the grass gasping for air. Jiyeon opened her eyes and sat up to look at Eunjung who was panting. The older girl’s eyes seemed to be wondering, lost in thought. Jiyeon wiped her lips with the back of her hand and then placed a hand on Eunjung’s forearm.

“Jungie…? Jungie…what’s wrong? Why did you pull away?” Jiyeon questioned. It seemed as though Eunjung was really into kissing her just a second ago but now the older girl seemed to be on a different planet.

Eunjung closed her eyes, placed her right hand on her forehead and shook her head. Even though now she could see everything clearly and not the random vision she had, Eunjung could not forget it. She didn’t know what it was or meant, but kissing Jiyeon had brought it up. Perhaps it was her powers…but why? What was that? And that girl…she looked like Jiyeon, but it wasn’t her.

“Jungie…?” Jiyeon called her name out once again.

“I’m sorry Jiyeon…I…I think that was too much for me.” Eunjung finally replied and Jiyeon let out a sigh.

“I could feel all the love you have for me in that kiss Jungie. Please don’t turn me down again…” Jiyeon sniffled and seemed to be in the brink of sobbing. “I don’t think I could bear it this time…”

Eunjung moved closer to Jiyeon and wrapped her arms tightly around the younger girl. “Please don’t cry Jiyeon. I’m not turning you down. I don’t want to turn you down because yes, yes I admit it. I love you.”

Jiyeon couldn’t hold her tears back and the tears began rolling down her face. They weren’t sad tears though, they were tears of happiness. Jiyeon wrapped her arms around Eunjung and cried into the older girl’s chest. Eunjung rubbed Jiyeon’s back with her left hand and moved her right hand to make Jiyeon look up at her.

“Don’t cry anymore please.” She told the younger girl and gave a quick peck on the lips. The sudden kiss made Jiyeon smile and giggle.

“They’re tears of happiness.” Jiyeon told her and moved away from Eunjung’s embrace in order to wipe the tears off her face.

Once again, Jiyeon was resting her head on Eunjung’s shoulder and Eunjung kept an arm wrapped around Jiyeon’s shoulders. They remained silent for a few minutes just basking on the last bit of the setting sun and the company of each other.

Eunjung knew that she still had to tell the truth to Jiyeon about the poem. Her thoughts also went to what God might do after this. She wasn’t supposed to be doing this with Jiyeon, but Eunjung could no longer fight it. It was time she rebelled and thought about her happiness for once. She wanted Jiyeon, and for the young girl, she was willing to do anything, even die if that’s what it took to be with Jiyeon at least once.

“Jiyeon, there is something I need to tell you.” Eunjung said finally breaking the silence between the two of them. Jiyeon moved her head off Eunjung’s shoulder and looked at the older girl expectantly.

Eunjung turned to face Jiyeon. “I’m sorry Jiyeon, but I did not write the poem you read.”

“What?!” Jiyeon pulled away from Eunjung, just slightly.

“It was written by Tablo. He had been studying our interactions and somehow, in someway, he was able to see my feelings for you. The poem was meant to give me the courage to confess my feelings to you but instead you ended up reading it; believing it me who wrote it. I’m sorry.” Eunjung explained and was surprised to see that Jiyeon didn’t completely back away from her.

“But how? Are those feelings-” Jiyeon tried to comment but Eunjung cut her off this time.

“I don’t know how he was able to write such a poem conveying my true feelings for you, but even though I did not write those words down, they’re all true Jiyeon. Everything in that poem is how I feel about you. It’s a map of my soul, a map about my feelings for you.” Eunjung sighed and waited for Jiyeon’s response.

“I must thank Tablo oppa when I get the chance.” Jiyeon smiled.

“Yes and so do I.” Eunjung replied. Holding hands, the both of them lied back on the grass and looked up at the few stars they could see in the dark night sky. Seoul was too bright at night to allow the stars to truly shine but those bright enough still made it through.

They basked in the happiness of their new happy memory in this place, the memory of finally admitting their feelings and finally becoming an item. Even though neither of them had asked the other to be official girlfriends, they knew that this was their status now. Jiyeon couldn’t have been more excited then now, knowing Eunjung was going to return her feelings and affections. Eunjung was feeling happy for once, it was an emotion she liked, but in the back of her mind, she knew that this was not going to be as easy as it seemed.

Soon, she would have to face the consequences of her actions, but for now, she would bask in the moment and the love she had for Jiyeon.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: The poem is the lyrics to the song Map The Soul by Epik High and MYK.  Credit goes to them.