Chapter Twelve

Masquerade

“Mmm…” Kyurhee moaned while chewing the savory meat in . She closed her eyes and took another bite of the meat. “Oppa this is sooooo good!”

Junseop smiled as he took a bite of his own. “Just like you remember huh?”

Kyurhee nodded, “Yes!”

Jaehee chuckled, “I have to agree. No one makes bulgogi like you oppa.”

Junseop grinned this time and looked at both girls enjoy the dinner he had prepared for them. Junseop had been the girls’ nanny when they were little and spent a lot of time helping raise them. Now that they had grown into young women, he wasn’t required to care for them anymore but because of the strong bond between the three, he would usually come around to see them. Tonight he had surprised them by coming over and preparing dinner for them.

“Thanks girls. I’m just really happy to see both of you again. It’s been a while since I have visited. I didn’t think training to be a priest would take so long.”

“We’re happy to see you too. Sangchu always talks about how proud he is of you finally becoming a full fledged shadow priest.” Jaehee mentioned.

“And he also mentioned that maybe now you guys can have kids of your own.” Kyurhee added and smiled.

Junseop blushed slightly. “Yes I know, but I’m not sure about that yet. Plus, he spends so much time driving your mom around that I would have to take care of the kids on my own!”

All three of them laughed and continued eating. After a few minutes, Junseop broke the silence, “So Kyurhee, last time I saw you, you were dating that Hyunah girl. Are you still seeing her or is there someone new?”

Jaehee snorted and answered before her sister could. “Nope. She left her soon after for this guy named Joon. I saw him like twice before she told me she had kicked him to the curve. I think there have been others in between then and now.”

Kyurhee glared at her sister and Junseop giggled. “So you’re a player Kyurhee-ah? Aigoo.”

“I pride myself in being one yes, but Jaehee is making me sound ty.” Kyurhee responded.

“Many would say you are.” Jaehee smirked at her sister who glared at her once more. Junseop giggled once more but stopped when he heard his phone ring.

He answered when he saw it was Sangchu. “Hello?”

“Are you with Kyurhee and Jaehee?”

“Yes, why?”

“Good. Something happened when I was driving the High Priestess back home. We had to return to the temple and she asked me to contact you once we got here. Bring them with you; I think they need to see this.”

“Okay, we’ll see you soon. Love you, bye.” Junseop ended the call and looked up at the girls who were looking back at him. “It seems like something happened when Sangchu was bringing your mother home. She requested that we go meet her at the temple.”

Jaehee and Kyurhee looked at each other and then looked back at Junseop. They nodded and got up to put away all the dishes and the food on the table. Once that was finished, they headed out of the apartment to make their way towards the temple.





Hyomin was sitting on one of the air conditioning units watching the flames burning the bodies of the Shadows flicker and turn their bodies into ashes. She had gathered the bodies of the hunter, rogue and priest and placed them near to where she was sitting. The only ones missing were the rogue and warrior who had fallen on the building next to the one she was on.

She was still confused as to why that shadow priest and warrior had helped her. They were Shadows just like the ones that were burning. They had taken four bodies with them but why they did that and left the others to burn was another question on its own. The night had gotten cooler by now and the cold wind caused some of the remaining nicks and cuts on her body to sting.

The sound of steps finally made her look away from the flames. The sight of Soyeon and her party brought Hyomin the relief she so sorely needed. Soyeon quickened her steps and hugged Hyomin once she was in range. Hyomin happily fell into her friend’s embrace and gave the priestess a small smile once they pulled away from each other.

“I can see why you were so distressed. Tell me what happened.” Soyeon looked around and noticed the three bodies near Hyomin and the nearly burned out ones inside the contained fire. The greenish color of the flames let her know that those were Shadows burning in a contained fire.

“We were just watching over the city like any other night. I thought I felt something, but I could not sense them. The hunter was dead before we could do anything about it and after that it turned into a full fledge battle to save our lives. We were out numbered. They came out of nowhere but everywhere at the same time.” Hyomin explained and Soyeon along with the Guardians behind her listened.

“They were highly skilled, everyone started falling fast. I was even having a hard time with their leader and if it wasn’t for your priest sacrificing himself to save me, I would have died too.” Soyeon looked over at the body of the fallen priest. She knew him well as he had been one of her best students. Part of his body had been ravaged, eaten by some kind of beast.

“The shield he cast on me protected me for a bit but I thought I was going to fight to death until two more Shadows appeared. One of them was a shadow priest and the other a warrior. They helped me instead of helping their own kind. Thanks to them I managed to survive and kill the leader of the group. They took some of the bodies with them and then set those on fire.” Hyomin looked over at the flames that were burning out already. Soon after, the last flame died out and all that remained was a pile of ash.

“That doesn’t make any sense. Why would those two Shadows help you?” Soyeon asked and the Guardians behind her muttered between themselves.

“I don’t know. I’ve been asking myself all these questions too.” Hyomin sighed and looked down. She felt defeated. She had managed to survive, but as leader of her group, she felt like it was her duty to make sure everyone survived.

Soyeon cast a healing spell on Hyomin and then placed her hand on Hyomin’s forehead and cast her Soothe Mind spell. She could tell that the warrior was going through a wave of emotions and right now she needed her to calm down.

“Everyone, please gather the bodies of our fallen comrades and take them down to the Jeep. Take them back to headquarters where we will give them a proper burial. I will meet you all back there.” The Guardians saluted Soyeon and began doing what she asked.

Thanks to Soyeon’s spell, Hyomin was feeling calmer and also a bit drowsy. Soyeon helped get up and lead her to the edge of the building so they could climb down. Once they were in the alley, Hyomin handed her keys to Soyeon so she could drive her car back home.





With the help of Hyori and another priestess, TaeIn had searched the bodies of the fallen Shadows for any clue as to who they were and who had sent them. Unfortunately, the bodies provided no clues nor did they have any form of identification. She had never seen any of them before and neither had Hyori or the other priestess.

The sound of voices entering the room made the high priestess look up to see Sangchu walking with her daughters behind as well as their friends. Their chatter stopped when they saw the four bodies and made their way to get a good look at them.

Seunghyun gasped when he saw the almost cut in three body of Rain. “I know this guy.” Everyone turned to look at him and made their way towards the body of the fallen warrior.

“Who is he?” TaeIn asked.

“Jung Jihoon or better known as Rain. It was the nickname some of the guys gave him back when we were training to become warriors. He was extremely proficient with a wide range of weapons and completely ruthless. He was kicked out by our master for killing one of the trainees in a training duel.” Seunghyun explained.

“Do you know what happened to him after he was kicked out?” Jaehee asked.

“No. I mean, obviously he left the training grounds and the temple but as far as I know, no one heard anything about him after that. I’m sure he continued his training elsewhere though.” He replied.

“I’m sure he did considering he was the leader of the group that attacked the Guardians. I will begin an investigation on his whereabouts after he got kicked out.” TaeIn said.

“Guardians? I thought they had attacked you?” Jaehee asked surprised. “Did any of them survive?”

Her mother nodded. “Yes, only one of them. There were six of them and by the time Sangchu and I arrived, only one of them remained. A warrior duel wielding swords.”

Jaehee’s eyes began to wander around the floor as she thought of who it might have been. She remembered the two Guardians with Eunjung that day she had gone to the university. One of them was a mage but she was not sure about the other one.

As she stood there, the others moved to look at the rest of the bodies once more except for Hyori. The priestess looked up at Jaehee and placed her hand on the taller woman’s shoulder. Jaehee turned to look at her and then stepped away. Hyori frowned and followed after her.

“I don’t recognize this warlock.” Jiyong mentioned.

“I don’t recognize the rogue either and he seems to be older than the other three.” Kyurhee said.

“Neither Sangchu or I recognize this other warrior.” Seunghyun mentioned.

“Did you find any clue of who might have sent them?” Junseop asked the priestess who shook her head.

“No, but I have a feeling that they might belong to the same group who attacked Kyurhee when she was in Turkey. Not only are they targeting the Guardians, but they’re targeting us as well.” TaeIn explained and Kyurhee nodded in agreement.

As they discussed the situation, Jaehee stepped out of the room and pulled out her phone. She looked at her contacts and wished that at this moment she had Eunjung’s number but she only saw Jiyeon’s and Jieun’s. Damn it Eunjung. Why don’t you trust me? We could both help each other in this situation. She slammed her fist against the wall.

“Jaehee?” Hyori’s voice made the taller woman look over at the priestess. “Are you okay?”

Jaehee gave her a blank look. “I’m fine.”

“It doesn’t seem like you are. What’s bothering you?” Hyori asked her and moved closer.

“Nothing.”

Hyori looked down at the phone in Jaehee’s hand and was about to say something when she was interrupted by Jiyong. “Hyori noona! I’m so glad to see you.”

She turned to look at the younger man and smiled. “Hi Jiyong. I’m glad to see you too.”

The warlock looked over at Jaehee and turned to look at Hyori once more. “I wanted to invite you to the party I’m having on Saturday. Seunghyun and I are celebrating our fifth year as a couple. It’s going to be at Ignition and be there sometime after eight. We’re going to blow the roof off the place.”

Hyori’s smile grew wider and she giggled a bit at Jiyong’s excitement. “Thank you, I’ll make sure to be there.”

“Awesome! Wear something fabulous~ because you know I’m going to be working it.” Jiyong winked at her and then grabbed Seunghyun’s hand as the taller man made his way out of the room.

“I’ll see you guys later!” He waved at them and pulled a surprised Seunghyun away. The taller man waved at them as he got dragged away.

“Jaehee, I’ll meet you at your car. See ya later Hyo.” Kyurhee said as she walked behind Seunghyun and Jiyong. Sangchu, Junseop and the other priestess bowed at the two of them and headed down the hallway.

The last one to make it out of the room was TaeIn and she smiled at the sight of Hyori and her youngest daughter. “Well look at the two of you. We didn’t interrupt you did we?” She winked at both of them.

Jaehee glared at her mother and Hyori blushed at the High Priestess’s comment. “No you didn’t. We should head home now. Are you riding with Kyurhee and me?”

TaeIn sighed and nodded. “Yes. I’ll see you tomorrow Hyori. Have a goodnight.”

“You too.” Hyori replied and bowed. When she stood up straight, she saw the High Priestess and Jaehee already walking away from her. Why are you so cold towards me Jaehee? You’re the one who avoided me for a long time not the other way around.





Hwayoung increased her pace as she ran towards Hyomin’s car when she saw it pulling in towards the usual parking zone. Soyeon had contacted the younger warrior on the ride back to the warehouses and hearing that Hyomin had been attacked worried her. She knew Hyomin was fine, but she needed to see her either way.

She stopped running when Soyeon parked the car and walked over to the passenger side to get Hyomin out of the car. “Oh my God Minnie! I’m so glad you’re okay!” Hwayoung hugged the older girl really tight once Hyomin had stepped out.

Boram and Qri were standing behind the car watching the two warriors hold each other in a tight embrace. Soyeon approached them and smirked at Hwayoung’s lovey dovey actions towards Hyomin. Hwayoung was currently placing kisses all over Hyomin’s face.

“Where is Eunjung?” Soyeon asked the hunter and mage.

“She’s not here.” Boram answered.

“She never made it back.” Qri added.

“Did you guys try calling her?” Soyeon asked and both girls shook their heads. “We need to contact her.”

“We called her after you called Hwayoung and she explained what happened. We got no response.” Qri replied.

Boram had turned to look at the Guardians in Soyeon’s group pull the bodies out of the Jeep they usually rode in. Sadness marked her face as she walked up to them and saw the dead body of the hunter. “No, no, no…”

“I’m sorry Boram. Everyone…I’m sorry. I couldn’t protect them.” Hyomin said as she approached the fallen Guardians. Tears rolled down her face.

“Minnie please don’t cry. I’m sure you tried your best.” Hwayoung told her and placed her left hand on Hyomin’s cheek to wipe away the tears.

“My best wasn’t good enough!” She yelled at Hwayoung and pushed her away. She took off towards the warehouse and Hwayoung chased after her. “Hyomin-ah!”

Soyeon sighed and Qri patted the priestess’s back. “This is not good at all. If Hyomin can’t keep her composure, then I don’t know if any of us can if we lose anyone in our groups. As the Elite Six we’re expected to at least be able to do that.”

“We might be the strongest out of our classes and the most experienced, but we’re not perfect Qri. We can’t keep everyone safe and we also haven’t faced Shadows this powerful in a very long time.” Soyeon replied and the mage nodded.





Inside the warehouse, Hwayoung had caught up to Hyomin who was silently crying in her room. She wasn’t crying because of sadness. She was crying because she was frustrated and angry with herself for not being able to do more. She was considered the best warrior out of all the Guardians and it should have been easy for her to have defeated the leader of the group that attacked hers. She should have been able to take all of the Shadows down but in the end she failed. And worst of all, she had resorted to accept the help from the two mysterious Shadows in order to defeat their leader.

“Let everything out Minnie. I’m here to listen to anything you have to say.” Hwayoung told her as she rocked her back and forth. They were sitting on Hyomin’s bed.

Hyomin took a deep breath and let it out as she wiped her tears. “I thought of you during the fight.”

“Really?” Hwayoung asked.

Hyomin nodded and let out a small chuckle. “Yes, but it wasn’t in the best of circumstances. A rogue had gotten the best of me; I think the poison on his blades was making me woozy. But I remembered how you always tell me to wear more plate instead of leather.”

Hwayoung lifted Hyomin’s chin up so that she could look at her. “Perhaps you’ll listen to me this time.” She leaned down and kissed the older girl. Hyomin let herself be taken in by the sensation of Hwayoung’s lips on her and smiled when the younger girl pulled away.

She wrapped an arm around Hwayoung’s neck and pulled her in for another kiss. The younger girl deepened the kiss and slowly pushed Hyomin’s back on the bed. She let her left hand roam down Hyomin’s side as she lay on top of the older girl. For the first time, Hyomin let herself finally fall for her physical desires.





The following morning, Jiyeon’s mom had gotten up early as usual to prepare breakfast for her husband and Jiyeon. Her husband usually left for work before Jiyeon got up and this morning he told her to make sure to have enough to feed both Jiyeon and Eunjung. She was surprised to hear that the older girl had spent the night and wished he would have told her about it before he fell asleep the previous night.

After her husband left for work, she made her way to Jiyeon’s room and slowly opened the door just enough to take a peek inside. She was hoping to see Jiyeon asleep on her bed and Eunjung sleeping on the floor, but she was shocked to see Eunjung and Jiyeon sleeping together in her daughter’s bed. Not only were they sleeping in the same bed, but Eunjung was spooning Jiyeon from behind and her left arm was wrapped tightly around Jiyeon’s waist.

She scanned the floor around Jiyeon’s bed for any clothes but she didn’t spot any. She gently closed the door and shook her head to get any crazy ideas out of it. No, Jiyeon did not have…Jiyeon didn’t “sleep” with her friend. No, she would never do that! She needed a strong cup of coffee right now.

Eunjung was woken up by the sound of the door clicking shut. She slowly opened her eyes to let them adjust to the light and then turned to see Jiyeon’s brown head of hair in front of her. She looked down to see her arm around the younger girl’s waist and leaned in closer to her. Not only had she had one of the best nights of sleep in a while, but waking up to having Jiyeon in her arms felt really good and super cozy.
She tightened her grip on Jiyeon which caused the younger girl to finally stir awake.

Jiyeon smiled as she moved her hand down to squeeze Eunjung’s. She turned around and greeted her, “Good morning Jungie.”

Eunjung looked back her and looked at her lips. “Good morning.”

Jiyeon grinned and leaned in closer to the older girl. “I really like this…waking up in your arms.” She was now blushing but Eunjung couldn’t see it because Jiyeon had pressed her face to Eunjung’s chest.

“Jiyeon…”

“We should have sleepovers more often!” Jiyeon shouted out as she sat up facing away from Eunjung.

“I…”

“I’m going to go shower. We need to get to school and I’m sure mom will want us to eat breakfast before we leave.” Jiyeon didn’t turn back to look at Eunjung and ran into the bathroom. She didn’t want the older girl to see her blushing madly and she also didn’t want her to know she was aroused. Being in Eunjung’s embrace had caused that last time and it did it this morning.

Eunjung on the other hand sat up and watched as Jiyeon avoided looking at her and then running off into the bathroom. She threw herself back on the bed and let out a sigh. Her heart was beating fast and she felt really warm and tingly on the inside. She had never felt like that before and this showed to her that she might be going in too deep with Jiyeon.

But having Jiyeon in her arms felt right and when the younger girl turned around to face her, she felt like she needed to lean in and kiss her. Impure thoughts might have crossed her mind briefly, but her restraints were still working. Just like now, when the illusion of her pajamas disappeared and the straps began to move on their own. They tightened all around her body, squeezing her muscles and chest to the point where she could hardly move and breathing became harder.

Eunjung tried to fight back the force of the straps but they seemed to get tighter. I’m sorry…please…I beg you…The straps then loosened their grip and Eunjung gasped for air. She had been forgiven once more. She ran one of her hands through her hair and caught her breath. The bathroom door then opened and Jiyeon stepped out with just a towel wrapped around her body. Her wet hair fell down the sides of her shoulders and water droplets dripped down her face and body.

Eunjung quickly grabbed her necklace and imagined the pajamas to create the illusion that she was still in them. She also refrained from thinking about anything or feeling some kind of reaction from seeing Jiyeon. The younger girl was now pulling out a towel from one of her dressers and walked over to her bed where she placed it at the end of it.

“Go ahead and shower Jungie. You can use this towel.” Jiyeon told her and turned back to her dresser. Eunjung reached over for the towel and grabbed it. She got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom closing the door behind her. A hot shower would make her feel much better right now.

When she finally walked out of the bathroom from her hot shower, Eunjung noticed that Jiyeon was not in the room anymore. She ran the towel on her hair to dry it off a bit more and then used her necklace to change back into the clothes she was wearing the day before. As she made her way out of Jiyeon’s room, she could hear Jiyeon’s mom talking to the younger girl.

“Please tell me nothing happened last night between you and that girl Jiyeon-ah! I saw the way you two were sleeping on your bed.”

“So what if we did mom? What’s the problem?” Jiyeon’s tone clearly showed that she was annoyed by her mother’s questioning.

“Park Jiyeon! Don’t you dare! Don’t you have any respect for this household? For me and your father?!” The older woman yelled back.

“Of course I do! I just said that because you’re freaking out over nothing! Eunjung respects me! I thought you liked her after talking to her last night? We didn’t do anything but sleep!” Jiyeon yelled back.

“She does seem like a nice girl…but, Jiyeon, sweetie…isn’t there some boys out there that you could like? Because I know that you like Eunjung as more than a friend.” Her mother’s tone was much lower now.

Jiyeon blushed and looked at her mother. “I don’t know, perhaps? Mom…I just…I’m sorry. I don’t want to let you down, but I can’t help it. I can’t help my feelings for her. I really like her.”

The older woman let out a sigh and walked over to her daughter and wrapped her arms around Jiyeon’s neck from behind and leaned down to place a kiss on her daughter’s cheek. “No, Jiyeon, it’s me who should apologize to you. I’m sorry for questioning you like this; it’s just that when I opened the door to your room and saw the two of you like that, I freaked out. Also, I just never expected you to fall for another girl. I always thought you would bring a nice boy over for your father and me to meet.”

“It’s okay mom. Plus, I don’t think you should worry too much. Even though I like Eunjung, she might not like me back that way. She could just be very friendly towards me.” Jiyeon said. She really hoped that it wasn’t that way with Eunjung and that she shared the same feelings. The comment was more to perhaps give her mom hope that she was indeed a normal girl.

“No Jiyeon. I’m sure Eunjung likes you back. There is something about the way she looks at you.” Her mom told her and Jiyeon blushed.

She was about to respond, but Eunjung interrupted her by walking into the kitchen casually and greeting them. “Good morning.”

The older woman looked at Eunjung and smiled at her. “Good morning Eunjung. Please come and sit. I prepared breakfast for you and Jiyeon.”

Eunjung took her seat and thanked the older woman for breakfast. She had heard the entire conversation between the two of them but she didn’t mention it nor did anything to make them believe she had heard them. Once she and Jiyeon finished eating, she thanked Jiyeon’s mom once again for breakfast and told Jiyeon that they should head to school. The older woman waved goodbye to them and wished them a good day.

Once they were in the parking garage and in front of Eunjung’s bike, Jiyeon decided to find out if Eunjung had heard any of the conversation she had had with her mother. “Eunjung, I want to apologize if you heard anything this morning before you made it to the kitchen.”

Eunjung looked at her and shook her head. “I didn’t hear anything. Why? Did something happen?”

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow but then shook her head. “No, not really. It was just mom being curious about you, how we met and stuff.”

Eunjung knew Jiyeon was lying but didn’t mention anything. She took a seat on her bike and reached for her backpack which she had left on the motorcycle. She took out her phone and noticed that she had four missed calls, two from Qri and two from Soyeon. She also noticed she had a voice message so she connected the phone to the voice mail service.

“Eunjung where the heck are you?! Answer your phone damn it. It’s urgent!” That was Qri’s.

The next one played after it. “Eunjung, Qri could not contact you and now I seem to be dealing with the same fate. I don’t know where you are, but you need to call us right back. Something happened tonight.” Of course Soyeon’s demeanor was always a calm one despite the situation.

She felt the bike move slightly as Jiyeon climbed on it and adjusted herself. She looked behind her and then turned to her phone once more. She dialed Soyeon’s number and waited for the priest to answer.

“Eunjung! Thank God you finally decided to contact us.” She heard some rumbling after that.

“Yah! Eunjung! What the hell?! Finally you decide to grace us with a return call. For all you know we could have all been dead!” Qri’s voice was unmistakable.

She heard rumbling once more and Soyeon shouting at Qri to give her back her phone. “Eunjung, I’m sorry about that but Hyomin’s group was attacked by Shadows last night. There were casualties. Everyone died except Hyomin who was saved apparently by two Shadows who randomly appeared to fight off the ones she was fighting. She was pretty banged up, emotionally more than physically.”

“I apologize for not answering. I did not have my phone with me at the time. I’ll head over to HQ once school is over. I will do my own investigation.” Eunjung replied.

“What do you mean? Do you know something you’re not telling us?”

“I’ll explain that later. I’ll see you guys this afternoon okay. Bye.” Eunjung hung up the phone before Soyeon could respond.

“Did something happen Jungie?” Jiyeon asked worriedly.

“It’s nothing you should worry about for now Jiyeon. I’ll tell you later. Let’s just get to school now.” Eunjung told the younger girl and then her motorcycle. She revved up the gas a bit before pulling off and making her way out of the parking garage and towards the school.





Hyomin rubbed her face to remove the sleepiness from her eyes. She had woken up much later than usual and found herself lying next to a Hwayoung. Her own clothes were missing too, laying in mess on the floor. I can’t believe I did that last night after all that happened.

A half awake Hwayoung turned over and placed her arm around Hyomin’s waist. “Go back to sleep…”

“Yah! Wake up! Look what you made me do!” Hyomin shouted at the younger girl and pushed her arm away.

Hwayoung sat up, her short hair was sticking up everywhere in a wild manner. “I didn’t make you do anything you didn’t want to do. Plus, is great for relieving stress and you had a lot of it built up last night.”

Hyomin smacked the smirking Hwayoung with a pillow. “Ugh! Whatever, I have important things to do. Get out of my bed!”

Hwayoung threw the pillow back at Hyomin when the older girl got out of the bed. “You mean our bed. I’m sleeping in here from now on.”

Hyomin turned around and glared at Hwayoung. “You’re unbelievable.”

“And you’re very and y right now.” Hwayoung her lips and grinned. Hyomin glared at her once more and turned to pick up her clothes and started putting them back on. Hwayoung lied back on the bed and started rolling around.

“So will you be my official girlfriend now? Because I don’t want to be your personal girl toy. I had enough of that before I joined you guys.” Hwayoung asked while still rolling around.

Hyomin slipped her shirt on and smacked Hwayoung with her jacket. “What you did with those old hags is none of my business! Now get up!”

“Ow! I will not stand for this physical abuse.” Hwayoung whined and reached for Hyomin’s arm and pulled the older girl back down on the bed. Hyomin had no time to react when Hwayoung’s lips were on hers.

“I’ll meet you downstairs. You need to find out if Soyeon managed to contact Eunjung.” Hwayoung’s seriousness suddenly surprised Hyomin since the girl could be so nonchalant. The older girl nodded and gave Hwayoung another kiss before walking out of the room and heading downstairs.

Downstairs Hyomin met up with Soyeon, Qri and Boram who were eating breakfast on their usual table. She took a seat and took one of the pieces of toast from Qri’s plate. Qri didn’t mind since she usually does not eat them.

“You’re looking much better this morning. I think spending the night with Hwayoung made you feel better.” Qri mentioned and gave Hyomin a wink.

Hyomin avoided responding to Qri’s remark and turned her attention to Soyeon. “Did you contact Eunjung? Or is she here?”

Soyeon shook her head and swallowed the food she was chewing. “She’s not here but she did call. She said she would stop by this afternoon but that she also had her own investigation to do. I explained to her what happened.”

Hyomin frowned but nodded. She continued to eat the toast from Qri’s plate as she thought about what Eunjung could possibly be investigating. The only thing on Eunjung’s mind nowadays was being with Jiyeon and it seemed as if she had no care about what the order Guardians did. It was starting to really annoy Hyomin who felt like she was taking on way too much without being the official leader.

She stood up from her seat and looked at the three girls eating their food. “I need to go talk to Eunjung. Soyeon, you’re in charge while I’m gone.” She walked away from them before Soyeon could say anything.





Eunjung and Jiyeon had made their way to the school faster than usual. Jiyeon found it odd that Eunjung seemed to be speeding her way to the school but didn’t mention anything about it. Once they arrived, Jiyeon took off her helmet and jumped off the motorcycle. She started walking towards the usual meeting place with Jieun when she realized Eunjung wasn’t behind her.

She turned around and headed back to Eunjung. “Jungie, what’s going on? Let’s go meet Jieun.”

“I’m waiting for someone. You can go ahead and meet up with Jieun. I’ll be there soon.” Eunjung replied without even looking at Jiyeon.

Jiyeon didn’t understand why Eunjung was acting so cold and weird this morning. Something was going on and Eunjung wasn’t telling her about it. She clenched her fists and stomped her foot on the ground. “Ham Eunjung! Why are you acting so weird?! Tell me what’s going on!”

Eunjung turned to look at Jiyeon and then turned to look the other way when she heard the loud engine of the red Mustang parking next to her motorcycle. She turned back to face Jiyeon and responded, “You’re about to find out.”

Jaehee turned off her car, reached for her backpack and stepped out of the vehicle. She threw her backpack on her shoulders and smiled when she saw Jiyeon and Eunjung. She started walking towards them and turned to face her car to lock it with the remote on her keychain. Eunjung got off her motorcycle and reached for the gun that was in the holder on her right thigh.

The illusion of her clothes disappeared and she now stood in her traditional clothes made from the leather straps and the desert eagle in her hand pointed at Jaehee’s chest; the cold metal tip of the gun touching the bare skin right above Jaehee’s tank top. The taller woman didn’t move when she felt the gun being held up to her and simply looked at Eunjung.

“Okay you Shadow. I want you to tell everything you know about the Shadows that attacked my Guardians last night because a Shadow with a powerful aura like you is certain to know more than what you pretend to show or know.” Eunjung pressed the gun even deeper.

Jiyeon gasped at Eunjung’s actions and Jaehee looked down at the gun and then back at Eunjung. A faint smirk marked Jaehee’s face.