Chapter Twenty Eight

Masquerade

“Where are the others?” Jiyeon whined while looking around the already forming crowd for the concert. She turned back around to face her girlfriend who was currently holding Jiyeon by the waist. Eunjung slightly smiled at the sight of Jiyeon’s flushed cheeks and moved her hand to run it down the side of the younger girl’s face.

“They’ll be here soon. Don’t worry.” Eunjung assured her girlfriend and the younger girl let out a sigh and pouted.

They were currently standing next to the metal barricade placed in front of the stage that had been set up for the concert. Luckily, the area in front of the main school building was big enough to hold a concert for the majority of the students. Jieun had gotten VIP passes for Jiyeon, Eunjung, Jaehee and Gyuri so that they could have access to the very front of the stage.

After begging Jieun for more passes, Jiyeon had gotten passes for the rest of the Elite Six and now she and Eunjung were waiting for the Guardians to arrive. The concert was going to start soon and she did not want them to miss Jieun’s debut even if it was in a duet with Seungri. The more Jiyeon looked around, the more crowded it seemed to get and her impatience was growing.

“Jiyeon…stop moving. Looking for them won’t make them get here any faster. Plus, even if they wanted to be late, omma Soyeon wouldn’t let them.” Eunjung’s smile seemed to grow just a bit wider at her joke. Jiyeon turned too look at the older girl and burst into a fit of giggles.

“Soyeon sure does whip them into shape.” Jiyeon said while giggling. She then moved closer to Eunjung to rest her head on the older girl’s shoulder. Eunjung held onto Jiyeon tightly and she herself began to scan the area for the sight of their friends.

Eunjung’s eyes landed on the sight of Gyuri and Jaehee who were a few feet away from them. Unlike Eunjung and Jiyeon, the couple of Jaehee and Gyuri were not in each other’s embrace. They were standing next to each other while leaning forward on the steel barricade, their forearms resting on top of the short fence. They were engaged in a conversation and even though they weren’t very far from Eunjung and Jiyeon, Eunjung could not hear what they were saying.

The Guardian kept her eyes on the couple, observing their interaction and feeling slightly envious of them. What Eunjung envied the most about Jaehee and Gyuri’s relationship was the fact that they could be free in expressing their love for each other in a way that she could not with Jiyeon. If only Eunjung could get rid of the restraints on her body, then she would be able to show Jiyeon how much she really loved her. A sigh escaped the older girl’s lips going by unnoticed by the younger girl in her embrace.





A smile spread across Jaehee’s face as she looked at the shorter girl standing next to her. Gyuri was currently telling her about the songs she was hoping to hear from all the performers today, but that information was going into one ear and out the other for Jaehee. The way the light from the sun was hitting Gyuri’s face and the way the wind blew her girlfriend’s strands of hair away from her face had captivated the older woman.

“So yeah, I’m excited to see Jieun and Seungri’s duet because I really like the song but I’m more excited for Primary. I can only imagine which guests he’s bringing with him…” Gyuri turned to look at Jaehee and noticed the out of focus look on her girlfriend’s face.

‘Yah! Are you even listening?!” Gyuri yelled out and smacked Jaehee’s shoulder. The smile Jaehee had on her face turned into a frown.

“Ow! What was that for?” The taller woman asked while rubbing her left shoulder. Gyuri gave her a stern look and Jaehee sheepishly grinned. “Oh um…the music right…”

Gyuri rolled her eyes. “Never mind.” She let out a sigh and decided to change the topic. “By the way, I didn’t mention it last night, but my mom came over to my internship yesterday.”

Mention of Gyuri’s mother finally caught Jaehee’s attention to what her girlfriend was saying. Last time the younger girl had seen her mother had been at that dreaded Christmas dinner and they had not left in good terms with the woman or the rest of Gyuri’s family.

“She told me that she wants me to come back home.” Gyuri said and let out a sigh.

“She has conditions doesn’t she?” Jaehee asked and her girlfriend nodded her head.

“Yes, she wants me to break up with you before I go back home. Apparently, I should be over my ‘phase’ by now. Not only that, but apparently she and my dad have lined up eligible bachelors for me to meet.” The current expression on Gyuri’s face was filled with sadness. The topic was a conflicting one for the human girl.

Jaehee wrapped an arm around her girlfriend’s shoulders and pulled her close into an embrace. She kissed the top of Gyuri’s head and tightened her grip on the younger girl. “I don’t ever want to lose you. I think we should talk to your parents and let them see that what we have is real.”

Gyuri nodded her head while in her girlfriend’s embrace. She was trying to fight back the tears that were now forming because this really wasn’t the ideal place to cry and get emotional. The concert would be starting soon and she wanted have a good time and not worry about her issues with her family.

She pulled away from Jaehee’s embrace and wiped away her tears with the back of her hands. “I agree but I don’t want to talk about this anymore. I just want to enjoy the concert.”

Jaehee moved her thumbs to help wipe off the tears and smiled. “We’ll discuss this later then. Let’s just enjoy the concert.”





Hwayoung practically jumped out of Hyomin’s car as soon as the older girl parked it. Her level of excitement for this concert was at an extreme. She walked over to the Jeep Wrangler Boram had driven and tapped the hood of it in rhythmic fashion.

“This concert is going to be a blast!” Hwayoung raised her arms above her head and Hyomin pulled both of them back down while rolling her eyes. Hwayoung turned to Hyomin and kissed her before grabbing the older girl’s hand and pulling away towards the school.

Qri shook her head as she carefully stepped off the tall vehicle. “Oh that’s right…we still have children within our ranks.”

“We also have old women.” Soyeon mentioned and chuckled while stepping off the Jeep as well. She started walking away from Qri before the mage could snap back. The glare Qri gave the priestess could have burned a hole in Soyeon’s head.

“Sasha, you can’t go with us so just stay here okay? Here’s some food in case you get hungry.” Boram told her pet wolf who had jumped into the Jeep before they left the warehouses. She had not originally planned to bring the wolf but Sasha loved to follow Boram around when she could and this had been a perfect opportunity for her to ride along with her master.

Boram opened all of the packets of beef jerky she kept in her Jeep and placed them on the seat next to Sasha who was currently enjoying the petting that Boram was giving her in order to get her to stay still inside the vehicle. Qri smiled at the sight of Boram and Sasha and patiently waited for Boram to finish so that the two of them could walk together towards the area where everyone was gathering.





The crowd for the concert was huge by the time Hwayoung, Hyomin and Soyeon got there. They weren’t sure if the concert was going to start soon or what but Hwayoung didn’t waste time in using her strength to shove people out of the way while yelling out that she was VIP. The ruckus and sounds of people complaining and yelling made the four girls who were waiting for the Guardians at the front of the crowd turn around to see what was going on.

A guy and a girl were suddenly pushed apart from each other and a grinning Hwayoung appeared in between them with what looked like Hyomin and Soyeon behind her. “JIYEONNIE!”

“Youngie unni!” Jiyeon happily yelled back and embraced the taller girl in a tight hug. “I was getting impatient waiting on you guys. What took you so long?”

“Qri couldn’t decide on an outfit.” Hyomin replied and was suddenly hit in the back of the head by said mage.

“Ow!”

“How the heck did you make it through the crowd?” Hwayoung asked looking at Qri and Boram who were standing behind Hyomin and Soyeon.

“Boram slipped the two of us through. She might be short, but she’s quite strong.” Qri explained and gave Hwayoung a cheeky smile. Boram on the other hand blushed profusely.

Soyeon and Jiyeon burst into laughter while Eunjung slightly smirked at her friends interactions. Their moment was interrupted by Jaehee who decided to greet them despite concerns from Gyuri who told her it was probably best to leave it up to the Guardians to come and greet them.

“Hey, it’s nice to see you guys made it. The concert is going to start any minute now.” Jaehee waved at the Guardians who turned to face her.

Hyomin narrowed her eyes at the Shadow and pinched Hwayoung’s side when the younger girl was about to open to greet the taller woman. Hwayoung glared at Hyomin and swatted Hyomin’s hand away. Qri and Boram offered Jaehee a smile and a bow but it was Soyeon who gave her an actual greeting.

“I’m glad we made it in time. It’s nice to see you again by the way.” Soyeon bowed and Jaehee bowed back at the Guardians.

Jaehee was about to respond but the sudden burst of sound from the speakers startled everyone causing them to turn and face the stage. The upbeat music was loud and powerful as it made the ground tremble beneath its powerful sound waves coming from the speakers. The MC for the concert came out to stand in the middle of the stage and the crowd erupted into cheers. Everyone settled into their places and waited for the first of the performers to be announced and make their way onto the stage.





Kyurhee let out a sigh and ran a hand down the side of her face. Finally, she and Seunghyun had finished devising a plan in order to defend the city from Kwangsoo’s forces. It had not been in her plans at first to spend this much time at the temple coming up with strategies. She was actually just coming to get her weapons and armor and then heading out to find Jaehee at the university, but Seunghyun had stopped her from doing that.

The warrior was going to be the one leading the troops and he needed to know everything Kyurhee knew about the enemy so that he could properly set up the soldiers. After discussing the information and strategizing the two of them had finally come up with a good plan. Seunghyun smiled and nodded his head as he rolled up the paper he had written everything down on.

“Thanks again Kyurhee, and I’m sorry for holding you up.” Seunghyun told the older woman as the two of them stepped out of the Department of Defense office.

Jiyong and Hyori had been previously preparing those they trained, but for the past half hour they had been waiting outside the office for the rogue and the warrior. Their faces lit up when they saw Seunghyun and Kyurhee finally come out. This let them know they had come up with a strategy that could now be implemented.

“Is everything ready?” Jiyong asked excitedly.

“Yes.” Seunghyun answered.

“Proceed with the plan Seunghyun. I’m off to find Jaehee and warn her.” Kyurhee offered the three a slight smile and turned around to walk towards the parking lot. She managed to take about five steps before the direction and strength of the wind suddenly changed.

The air became ominous and the bright sunny sky was suddenly becoming dark with gray thunderous clouds. The booming sound of thunder erupted from the skies and strikes of lightning started crashing down onto the ground around the area of the temple. The sudden change was too unnatural and this caused the Shadows to stand still and simply observe their surroundings.

“This doesn’t seem right…” Hyori commented. A frown marked her beautiful face as her eyes seemed to skim over the sky.

“It is not.” Kyurhee replied and turned her sight to the ground. “Watch the ground carefully…”

Everyone’s eyes turned to the ground and what seemed like moving shadows were rushing by quickly underneath them. By now the dark clouds completely covered the skies above the temple and were headed in the direction of Seoul. The thunder was now louder and the lightning was striking closer to their location.

“No…no…” Kyurhee mouthed and turned to her friends. “Summon your steeds! We have no time for our plan now. This is Kwangsoo’s army. They’re headed for Seoul!”

Jiyong, Seunghyun and Hyori gasped in shock. Kyurhee had already pulled out the enchanted whistle that would summon her undead steed. Unlike warlocks and death knights, every other class was granted an enchanted whistle that could summon and undead horse for them to ride. They weren’t regularly used, but for what was happening now, it would be the fastest way to get to Seoul and Jaehee.

In a matter of seconds Jiyong had summoned his Dreadsteed and sat upon it like the other three sat upon their undead horses. Kyurhee kicked the sides of her steed and the undead animal took off in flash. The others followed behind her and at the rate they were moving, they would reach Seoul before the enemy Shadows did. The Shadows were moving fast, but their mounts were faster.

The four Shadows had not even traveled halfway towards the city before Kyurhee’s mount abruptly stopped and lifted its entire body up, leaving its hind legs glued to the ground. The three mounts behind her stopped the same way hers had and the four Shadows looked at the four figures standing in front of them.

Four death knights sat at top their own mounts, all of their eyes glowing white through their heavy metal helmets. They withdrew their weapons and dashed for the four Shadows trying to make their way back to the city. Kyurhee growled at the sight of the death knights and withdrew her weapons as well.

“Kyurhee…” The sudden appearance of Jinyoung in between the death knights and the Shadows stopped their movements. A smirk formed on Jinyoung’s face as he looked over at the rogue who was intensely glaring at the older man. “You don’t have much time. Can you get past them and save your sister? I would like to stay and see it, but sadly, I need to make it to Jaehee first.”

Kyurhee kicked the side of her mount to make it run towards Jinyoung, but the death knight disappeared into the shadows before Kyurhee could reach him. One of the death knights launched himself at the rogue, swinging his giant blade horizontally. Kyurhee managed to dodge it by leaning back on the saddle and quickly sat up to launch her own attack at the death knight.

Seunghyun, Jiyong and Hyori engaged in battle with the remaining death knights. After Jinyoung sudden appearance and message all four of them were worried about what was about to happen. The enemy had attacked before they had been able to set up a defense and now their remaining leader was in danger, and they were stuck fighting for their own lives. The future right now seemed as dark as the clouds above them.





The energy and excitement from the crowd at the concert could be heard blocks away. The majority of the fans, girls and guys alike, were screaming at the top of their lungs letting the artists know how much they were enjoying the performances. Even the Guardians had been caught up in the excitement and had found themselves dancing and cheering along with the rest of the people.

On the stage, Seungri had already performed one of his songs and was now performing his hit single. Eunjung and Qri who were not too fond of the guy were actually impressed with how well of a performer he was and they had to admit he was a good singer too. Seungri had noticed Jiyeon and Eunjung standing in the center of the crowd right in front of the stage. If it wasn’t for the girl he had recently met, he would have been filled with jealousy over seeing Eunjung dance and hold Jiyeon in her arms.

He didn’t feel that way though, and this let him know that he was truly over his crush on the younger girl. Perhaps now he could be just friends with her since Jieun was her best friend as a fellow label mate, he would do his best to always support Jieun. Seungri belted out the last note to his song and followed the dance steps as he had practiced before fully coming to a stop and offering the audience a dashing smile.

The crowd burst into cheers and the young man on the stage took a few deep breaths to help slow down his breathing. “V.I.P.’s! Are you ready for the next song?”

The fangirls erupted into screams and drowned out anyone else trying to talk. Seungri’s grin got wider as they screamed and waited for them to calm down. “The next song I will be performing is called “I Know” so please welcome my fellow duet partner and newly signed artist, IU!”

Once again the deafening screams over took any other sound in the area and Jieun walked up onto the stage waving and smiling at the crowd. She spotted Jiyeon and the rest of her friends and waved at them before standing next to Seungri and giving him a slight bow. The music started playing and the crowd started moving from side to side enjoying the slower medium tempo of the music.

Their performance sounded beautiful live since their voices match each other well. Jiyeon was so proud to see her best friend up on the stage living her dream. Jaehee and Gyuri were cheering Jieun on and had big smiles on their faces just like Jiyeon. Eunjung smiled and also felt a sense of pride seeing Jieun pour her heart into singing the song. The younger girl had gained a special place in the Guardian’s heart by now without Eunjung even realizing it.

The song was only about halfway through when suddenly Jaehee’s face and that of all the Guardians went from elated to serious. There was an odd feeling in the air and the bright sun shining down on them suddenly got dimmer. The same dark clouds that had been blocking out the sunlight had now reached the university and the city of Seoul. In a matter of seconds the entire city was shrouded in darkness.

“Something is wrong…” Jaehee said as the people around them started looking up at the sky and completely forgot about the concert. The music suddenly stopped and both Jieun and Seungri were caught off guard by it. They stopped singing and started looking up at the sky as well.

A shadow bolt suddenly struck the steel staircase on the left side of the stage. The loud booming sound of the bolt caused some people to scream and before they could even move, two more shadow bolts struck the crowd. People were sent flying into the air and screams of panic mixed in with the sound of thunder and lightning.

Everyone started running away from the concert area and those working near the stage took off running as well. The Guardians took defensive stances as they looked around trying to spot those who had started the attack but they could not spot anyone. Jaehee’s eyes darted to the ground and then up to the main building of the university that wasn’t that far from where she was. The shadow cast around the building and the area was not normal.

More shadow bolts started falling in the area now followed by several rain of fires aimed at certain locations. The people trying to escape were getting caught in the attack. Seungri and Jieun stood still and in shock on the middle of the stage as they watched people get hit by the sudden dark fiery balls falling from the sky.

“We’re under attack! We need to get these people-” Hyomin’s shouting stopped when she heard one of Eunjung’s guns go off. A rogue that was about to stab Seungri in the back fell back on the stage with a loud thud. The bullet had pierced his head right in between both eyes.

A warrior suddenly rose up from the ground and started charging his way towards Jieun and Seungri but a hand the size of his body grabbed his midsection and he was then pulled towards Jaehee who landed a punch right in the middle of his face. The metal of his helmet bent inwards as the Shadow’s hand struck it. Right after falling on his back with a groan, Jaehee knelt down, twisted his neck to kill him, and took his two handed sword.

“There are Shadows everywhere! Help these people escape! Gyuri, stay behind Eunjung!” Jaehee yelled out and jumped the barricade and then jumped onto the stage where Seungri and Jieun’s manager was dragging both of them off the stage.

Taeyang came up behind the manager and grabbed a hold of Jieun’s hand to get her out of there. The manager was about to run down the steps when a rogue suddenly stabbed him in the back and then turned his weapons towards Seungri. Before he could stab the pop star, Jaehee’s sword blocked the rogue’s two daggers. Jaehee kicked the rogue’s midsection and swung the sword diagonally to slice the rogue in half.

“Taeyang, get Seungri out of here now! I’ll keep Jieun safe!” Jaehee ordered the younger warlock. Taeyang looked at Jaehee surprised and then turned to look at Jieun who was scared out of her mind.

“I’ll get both of them out of here-”

“Look around you! There are Shadows everywhere! Plus, I have an idea and it will send Jieun to safest place I know. Trust me on this Taeyang.” Jaehee told him and pulled Jieun closer to her. Taeyang looked over at Jieun and gave her a reassuring nod. He grabbed Seungri’s arm and pulled him away from the stage.

“Stay next to me Jieun. I’ll keep you safe.” Jaehee told the scared girl and grabbed her hand and pulled her down the steps as well to make it back to the rest of the group.





After firing her shot, and Jaehee took off towards the stage, Eunjung threw her gun at Boram who caught it with both hands and turned around to fire a shot at one of the Shadows that was about to attack a random woman. Making sure that Jiyeon and Gyuri were by her side, Eunjung started moving away from the stage and started firing at any Shadow she saw with her second gun.

Hyomin and Hwayoung were using their martial arts skills to fight off the warriors and rogues they encountered. It was complete chaos as the rain of shadow bolts continued to assault the area and the warriors and rogues seemed to be endless. So far the shadow priests had not appeared but the Guardians knew they were lingering somewhere.

Soyeon had taken off to help the people escape by casting protective shields on them and healing those who had gotten injured. Qri was by her side protecting her with her magical spells. A group of warriors had been caught, trapped in thick ice that surrounded the lower part of the legs and feet. Qri smirked as she unleashed a cone of cold air towards them and then summoned a great blizzard to freeze them down in place even more.

The two casters were leading the people towards the parking lot where they could hopefully get into their cars or at least take off running towards the gates and away from the school. The rest of the Guardians were also headed that way as they fought their way through the enemy. Out of bullets, Boram had turned to the ever trustworthy daggers she carried around. Knowing that she was closer to the parking lot, Boram reached for the whistle she carried in her pockets at all times and called for Sasha.

The wolf had already reacted to the threat around her before Boram had called her and was already making her way towards her master. Boram dodged the swing of a warrior and rolled out the way of the next attack he launched at her. The warrior was fast and was already holding the sword above his head to strike her when she was about to get up, but Sasha jumped into the air and tackled the warrior. His sword fell out of his hands and he tried to pry the angry wolf off of him but Sasha was biting at his exposed face and neck.

The sound of teeth ripping into flesh let Boram know that her pet was winning the battle against the warrior. At the moment, all of the Guardians, Jiyeon and Gyuri gathered around the short hunter. The two human girls were shoved into the middle of the defensive circle they formed. People were still running past them and all around the number of Shadows seemed to double in size.

Jaehee, with Jieun right behind her, was fighting her way through the entire enemy Shadows that dared to oppose her and all of them were falling to the blood soaked sword she was wielding. Skeletal hands suddenly burst from the ground and took a hold of the Shadows running towards the group of Guardians. In that same spot, what seemed like blood suddenly appeared on the ground and started boiling, burning the feet of the Shadows and causing them to yelp out in pain.

One by one, the five Shadows fell to the deadly strikes caused by Jaehee. Sweating, stained with blood, and eyes glowing green Jaehee stood in front of the Guardians with Jieun at her side. Spotting her best friend, Jiyeon stepped out of the defensive circle and hugged Jieun. Both Eunjung and Jaehee moved to push the girls out of the way from a shadow bolt headed their way.

The attack struck one side of Jaehee’s back and it burned her jacket, shirt and skin. Groaning she stood up and blocked the attack that was about to hit her from one of the warriors. He swung once again and Jaehee dodge it and swung her sword upwards striking the warrior’s exposed left elbow. Three worms suddenly materialized on the ground and crawled up the warrior’s body attaching themselves to whatever part of his body was exposed and started away his blood.

The worms had an effect on Jaehee when they were successful and the death knight could feel her wound healing faster than normal. She turned around and headed to the group of Guardians who was still trying to move towards the parking lot by fighting their way through.

“Where are your weapons?!” Jaehee asked.

“That’s what we’re trying to get to!” Hyomin yelled out and roundhouse kicked an enemy Shadow.

“Soyeon cast a protective shield on everyone who uses melee weapons. Qri, get in front of me and arcane blast all those who get near us. Jiyeon use your powers to cast a protective shield around yourself, Gyuri and Jieun. All us of will stay here and hold them back while the four of you retrieve your weapons.” Jaehee ordered everyone. The Guardians turned to look at Eunjung who nodded at them and took of running towards her motorcycle.

Jiyeon, like Gyuri and Jieun, was scared and freaking out. Her confidence with using her powers had grown a lot but in a real battle like this, she seemed to have forgotten everything she had learned and practiced. Hyomin, Hwayoung and Boram had already taken off behind Eunjung; Soyeon had cast her protective shields around them and was helping Qri hold off the enemy with Holy Nova.

Jaehee too was fighting with great vigor and skill. Without any armor to protect her, her wounds were minimal and the burn she had suffered earlier had completely healed thanks to the worms. Gyuri and Jieun were holding onto each other as they stood behind Jiyeon who wasn’t moving.

“Jiyeon?! What’s wrong?!” Soyeon asked as she struck an enemy with her smite ability. Both Qri and Jaehee turned to look over their shoulders and noticed that Jiyeon still had not done what Jaehee had asked of her.

The distraction was enough to cause a shadow priest to finally appear and strike Qri with his Mind Flay ability. Qri’s hands moved to her head as she screamed in pain. The blue streak of energy being channeled by the shadow priest made Qri feel like her head was going to explode at any minute now. Soyeon too was attacked by another shadow priest who summoned a tentacle to burst out of the ground and caught Soyeon in its grasp.

Jaehee struck the enemy in front of her down with a powerful swing of her sword that severed the Shadow’s head off his body and turned to the shadow priest attacking Qri. Using the same ability she had used on the warrior that was going to attack Jieun earlier, Death Grip, Jaehee pulled the shadow priest away from where he was standing. In the air, the priest lost his ability to channel the spell and before he could land, the now frozen blade in Jaehee’s hands cut cleanly through his midsection and froze it upon contact.

Qri fell on her knees still holding on to the sides of her head. The excruciating pain she felt earlier was going away but not as fast as she wanted it to. The mage still remained in a vulnerable position, Soyeon was still trying to pry herself free out of the tentacle’s hold and Jaehee seemed like she could not reach neither Soyeon nor the human girls in time to keep them all safe.

The enemy Shadows were targeting her more than the others but the fact that everyone was in danger still remained. Jaehee needed to help both Qri and Soyeon but she couldn’t do it with the three human girls still vulnerable to an attack. She needed Jiyeon to use her powers but with the young girl frozen in place, due to her fear, that seemed impossible right now.

Jaehee turned to look at the body of the fallen priest and cast her Raise Dead spell on the dead priest. His body moved to join back together and then he rose up but his appearance had completely changed. The priest’s hands were now shaped like claws and his jaw had jutted out with angled sharp teeth that could rip into flesh at any minute.

The glow in Jaehee’s eyes had intensified as she turned to look at the tentacle holding Soyeon in the air. She pointed at it and commanded her newly risen undead pet to attack it. The undead being took off running at great speed before leaping high and long into the air. It attached itself on the tentacle with both feet and began clawing it as the tentacle twisted and moved around faster than before. Soyeon started to get dizzy with all the movement but even in that state she managed to concentrate long enough to cast Holy Nova.

The priest controlling the tentacle was trying to reinforce it by summoning another one but before she could call out the spell she felt someone start to strangle her. The invisible grip around her neck was being controlled by Jaehee who was walking towards her, pointing her left hand at the priestess and slowly closing her fingers into a fist.

Soyeon’s Holy Nova burned through the top part of the tentacle and she fell to the ground, landing on her side and rolling a few feet. The tentacle began to spin and disappeared into the ground after its tip had been burned off by Soyeon’s attack. Jaehee’s undead pet jumped off it and leaped towards the priestess who was turning purple due the loss of air. Jaehee loosened her grip as the undead pet started shredding the woman to pieces.

The death knight helped Soyeon’s stand up and turned to look towards the human girls who had barely managed to dodge a shadow bolt thanks to Gyuri pulling them out of the way. Jiyeon still seemed to be caught up in her trance and this angered Jaehee. Behind Soyeon and Jaehee, Qri had already stood up and was casting various magical spells to keep the enemy away from the human girls. The mage looked weary after the attack she had endured but her spells were still as powerful as before.

“Where are the others?! They’re taking too long!” Soyeon shouted as she healed Qri.

“Just keep the enemy at bay!” Jaehee yelled out as she took off running towards the three human girls. On the ground, she could see a group of about ten Shadows moving towards the human girls using their ability to travel through shadows. The dark thunderous sky was aiding them greatly with this ability.

Using it to her advantage, Jaehee blended into the shadows as well and this helped her catch up to them faster. The rogues leaped out of the shadows with their weapons drawn and aiming them at the girls. Jieun and Gyuri screamed and shut their eyes not wanting to see what was about to possibly kill them; Jiyeon on the other hand stood there motionless, her eyes going wide.

Just as the rogues landed and jabbed out their daggers to strike the girls, Jaehee rose up from the human girls’ shadows, blood and skin frozen solid due to her Ice Fortitude ability and took the hit of all ten daggers. The sharp metal knives pierced her frozen skin and remained lodged in her body as the rogues pulled back in shock.
“Jaehee!” Gyuri screamed out her girlfriend’s name in horror. The older girl’s scream and the scene before her finally snapped Jiyeon out of her trance. Jiyeon shook her head and moved up to catch Jaehee in her arms who was starting to fall back due to the slight pain she was beginning to feel. Ice Fortitude only lasted for a small amount of time before being needed to be recast again.

Jieun and Gyuri moved after Jiyeon had and helped her support the taller woman who was now starting to crouch forward and holding herself up with the sword she was holding in her right hand. Jiyeon turned to look at the rogues who were now moving towards Jaehee to finish her off and gave them a death glare.

“GET AWAY! AAAHHHH!” Jiyeon yelled out and let go of Jaehee to swing her left arm towards her right side. A tidal wave of light energy suddenly appeared from Jiyeon’s left and moved towards the right sweeping the rogues away.

They all crashed and landed on top of each other. Groaning the rogues quickly moved to stand up again but a giant T-Rex made out of light energy scooped up two rogues with its massive maw and bit into their bodies killing them instantly. The remaining rogues swung their daggers at the dinosaur trying to destroy it but their efforts were useless.

Golden light shields suddenly surrounded Jieun and Gyuri and burned Jaehee causing her to scream out in pain and pulled herself away from the two human girls. She shook her head and stood up straight to pull out of the daggers stuck in her torso and arms. The blood that trickled out of the wounds froze once again as Jaehee recast Ice Fortitude.

“I’ll be fine…Jiyeon…it was about time you helped.” Jaehee told the younger girl as she began walking towards the rogues fighting against the giant T-Rex. With her parasitic worms, Jaehee would be able to heal her wounds once again.

Soyeon and Qri were still fighting and now with much more vigor after catching a glimpse of Jiyeon finally reacting and using her powers. Jiyeon smirked at Jaehee’s comment and gave the taller woman a nod as she formed her bow in her hands and aimed her light arrows at any incoming enemy. Gyuri and Jieun looked at each other in shock after seeing that it was Jiyeon who was protecting them now.

Taking aim at one of the warlocks at the top of the school building, Jiyeon’s smirk turned into a grin and she let the arrow go. It flew up high at an incredible speed and struck the unlucky warlock right in between his eyes. Jinyoung who was standing behind the warlocks moved his steed closer to the edge of the building and smiled as he took in the view of the battle below him.





Fangs of the Father moved swiftly as they both blocked and attacked the enemy death knight fighting against them. The daggers had empowered Kyurhee and her skills were overpowering her opponent. For a rogue to beat a death knight, it was best for them to attack the death knight while they weren’t aware of the rogue’s presence. Their attack had to be swift and deadly, but Kyurhee did not have the opportunity with the one she was fighting now.

Luckily for Kyurhee, she was a combat rogue and this meant that tricks and cheap shots were not necessarily needed since she could stand her ground against the best melee fighters. The daggers in her hand were also helping increase her ability to dodge attacks and land attacks faster than usual. Adrenaline was pumping through her body as Kyurhee started performing one of her strongest attacks.

In and out of the shadows she went, landing a painful strike on the open areas of the death knight’s armor. In her last move, Kyurhee appeared in front of the flustered death knight and rammed both of her daggers into the sides of his neck. The death knight shrieked in pain before closing his eyes for good. Blood spilled out of his neck after Kyurhee pulled her daggers out and his limp body simply fell to the ground.

Kyurhee turned towards Hyori’s direction where the shadow priestess had managed to stand well against the death knight she was fighting. Using her abilities in smart ways, the death knight had not been able to land any physical attack on the priestess and seeing as how he wasn’t using his magical abilities, Hyori had the upper hand on him. Kyurhee could see why her mother had chosen Hyori as the next High Priestess; with more practice and finesse, Hyori would be able to reach the level of the Queen.

Out of the corner of her eye, the rogue could see that Seunghyun and Jiyong had teamed up to take out their own respective opponents. One of the death knights had fallen already and the stronger of the two was giving Seunghyun and Jiyong a hard fight.

Time was against them at the moment, Kyurhee knew that Jinyoung had mostly likely reached and attacked Jaehee by now. Needing to end this quickly, Kyurhee went into stealth mode and headed for the death knight fighting Hyori. It was time she put her tricks and cheap shots to use and finish this death knight with one swift blow.

Frustrated by his inability to kill the priestess in front of him, the death knight stopped moving for a few seconds and tried to catch his breath. Kyurhee aimed her punch at his lower back where his kidney’s were and punched as hard as she could. The pain that rocked the death knight’s body suddenly made him lift his head up to the sky as he yelped out in pain. Quickly, Kyurhee moved her daggers to his exposed neck and cut cleanly through it.

The death knight fell face first into the ground. Hyori stopped her casting and looked down at him before turning to look up at Kyurhee who had a grin on her face. “You’re welcome; now let’s kill the last one.”

Nodding, Hyori took off running behind Kyurhee who was headed straight for the remaining death knight. The death knight shot his own version of a shadow bolt towards Jiyong before locking his blade against that of Seunghyun’s. Jiyong managed to dodge the unholy energy bolt flying towards him and Seunghyun was using all of his strength to hold back the death knight.

Kyurhee jumped into the air and kicked the death knight on the side of his head. Losing concentration and balance, the death knight stumbled to his side and suddenly the blue energy streak of Mind Flay assaulted his head. Jiyong threw his Shadow Bolt at the death knight which hit his midsection and caused his to double over in even more pain. Seunghyun charged at the death knight and slammed the bottom part of his shield into the back of the enemy’s helmet.

Once he was lying on the ground, Seunghyun rammed his sword right into the back of the death knight’s neck killing him instantly. Breathing hard, Seunghyun looked up at the dark sky and smiled in satisfaction and victory.

“With them out of the way, we must make our way to Jaehee. We have no time to waste.” Kyurhee told them and summoned her mount once again. She didn’t wait for them and took off in the direction of the city. Seunghyun, Jiyong and Hyori summoned their mounts as well and followed after Kyurhee.





Eunjung and the rest of the Guardians were followed by Shadows as they made their way towards the parking lot and their vehicles. Sasha too had followed Boram after killing the warrior she had attacked. There were still a lot of innocent civilians running around trying to get away and the Shadows who managed to catch some of them were being merciless.

When Eunjung reached her motorcycle, she used the front tire of it for leverage as she jumped and hit a Shadow in the face with a spinning kick. The Shadow crashed into the ground but the one behind him swung his sword down towards Eunjung and the Guardian dodged the attack by rolling down the side of the body of the motorcycle.

The Shadow followed Eunjung as she stood by the back tire of the motorcycle and tried to swing at her again. She kicked him in his midsection and then grabbed his head to slam it through one of the windows in the car parked next to her bike. Eunjung reached for the first half of her sword, the longest part, and swung it to cut through the Shadow’s back before he could pull his head out of the car window.

The Shadow she had previously kicked jumped in her direction trying to tackle her but Eunjung jumped over her bike and the Shadow crashed into the concrete. Eunjung grabbed the shorter part of her sword on the side of the bike she was on now and threw it like a dagger at the Shadow who had tried to tackle her. The sword pierced through the guy’s skull and fell with him.

Eunjung walked over to him and pulled the sword out of his head. She wiped the blood on the blade on his body and then moved both swords to join them together and locked them in place by turning the handles. Dragging the massive buster sword on the ground, Eunjung started making her way back towards Jiyeon and everyone else.






Sasha was currently fighting with one of the Shadows that had followed Boram. The wolf dodged as many of the attacks she could from the fury warrior before trying to jump on him and knock him down. Using Sasha as a distraction, Boram managed to make it to the Jeep to grab her bow and arrows from the back seat. The second Shadow, a female rogue appeared behind Boram and swung her swords at the short hunter who used one of the tires of the Jeep to jump up and grab a hold of the metal bar in the middle of the vehicle.

Swinging around the metal bar, Boram used both of her feet to kick the back of the rogue’s head. She landed on the ground and crouch down to pull her daggers out and stab the back of the rogue with them. The woman cried out as she felt the daggers pierce through her body and Boram took this opportunity to jump in the back seat of the car and grab her main weapon.

The hunter placed the quiver around her torso and reached for an arrow to aim at the rogue. Enraged the female rogue stood up and was about to jump into the back of the Jeep when Boram, who was laying back on the seat, shot the arrow she was holding with the bow at point blank. The arrow struck the female rogue right in the mouth and jutted out in the back of her head.

Boram let out a sigh and stood up on the back seat of the Jeep. She moved to pull out the two arrows from her quiver and aimed them at the Shadow fighting against her pet and struck him in the back with both arrows. As he fell forward, Sasha jumped on him and most likely killed the man before he could defend himself. Boram jumped out of the Jeep and turned the body of the dead rogue around to retrieve her daggers.

She placed them in their holders inside her boots and with the bow in her hand and quiver around her body, Boram made her way back towards her comrades.






As Hyomin and Hwayoung neared the blue Nissan GT-R a warrior appeared in front of them and charged at Hyomin with his sword. The Guardian ducked in order to dodge his attack and continued running towards her car and pulling out her key remote to open the trunk.

Hwayoung who was a few steps behind Hyomin glared at the warrior and jumped up in the air to land a punch on the side of the warrior’s jaw as he ran past her as well. The impact was so powerful that the metal of the helmet over the guy’s jaw bent in and it left him dazed and wobbling around. Hwayoung shook her right hand as pain shot up her arm from how hard she had punched the enemy.

Turning towards the dazed warrior, Hwayoung kicked the back of his right knee and the warrior fell down on both knees losing his balance completely. The young Guardian reached over from behind the enemy Shadow and pulled up the double edged sword to the warrior’s neck and pulled back on it as hard as she could manage. The sword severed its own wielder’s head off his body and Hwayoung kicked the body forward.

“Youngie!” Hyomin called out to her girlfriend and threw the double edged axe Hwayoung had brought with her at the younger Guardian. Hyomin already had her katana in it’s holder on her back and her second sword attached to the side of her hip. Hwayoung caught the axe by its handle with both hands and turned around to head back towards her friends.

Hyomin walked up beside her as she drew her swords. “Why the axe instead of your spear?” The older warrior asked.

“My spear doesn’t fit in your trunk.” Hwayoung smirked and winked suggestively at Hyomin. The older girl closed her eyes and shook her head before opening them again.

“This is not the time Youngie.” Hyomin told her but smirked as well and then took off running to reach her friends faster. Hwayoung grinned and followed behind her girlfriend.






When the four Guardians arrived at the spot where they had left their comrades, they were greeted with the sight of Qri and Soyeon effectively holding off a horde of Shadows, Jaehee battling along side a giant T-Rex made out of light, Jieun and Gyuri standing inside their own individual shields of light, and Jiyeon shooting off a light arrow at one of the warlocks on top of the school building. Jiyeon had put a lot of concentration into holding up everything she had created, but after killing one of the warlocks, all the others seemed to aim their shadow bolts at her.

Jiyeon managed to dodge two of the bolts but that caused her to forget about keeping the T-Rex up and it suddenly vanished leaving Jaehee fighting by herself. The Shadow barely noticed the disappearance of it due to how occupied she was. Even Jiyeon’s bow and arrows disappeared but she managed to keep the shields up around Gyuri and Jieun.

Eunjung saved Jiyeon from getting hit by the rest of the shadow bolts by blocking them with her buster sword. Hyomin and Hwayoung charged at the enemy Shadows that were running towards the group of heroes. Their weapons clashed against the enemies’ weapons and their swift footwork allowed both warriors to dodge and help parry attacks.

Boram ordered Sasha to aid Qri and Soyeon as the two casters kept their attack spells constantly going. Qri was holding the enemy off by using all three of her magical abilities - fire, ice and arcane. Soyeon didn’t have the range of attack spells the mage did, but her Smite; Holy Fire and Holy Nova were effective enough to hold off the enemy and heal both her and Qri. Boram aided them by sending a wave of arrows into the sky that would fall in the area of the horde. As long as the hunter maintained her range, she could bring enemies down with her arrows.

Now that the entire group was fighting the Shadows, more of them continued to appear and head directly towards the Guardians and Jaehee. They were greatly outnumbered but their skills were good enough to maintain their ground and continue killing off any Shadow that attacked them.

The warlocks on top of the building had stopped their onslaught of shadow bolts to concentrate on summoning their strongest demon pets. Jinyoung had asked them to direct the demons towards Jaehee because she was their main target. The rest of the Shadow soldiers he had brought with him could keep the Guardians entertained. There was no way the Guardians could defeat a thousand soldiers by themselves and their Chosen One was still not strong enough to do it on her own.

The Guardians and Jaehee moved closer to each other once more as they continued fighting. They formed a tight circle around the three human girls and observed the enemy Shadows coming at them from all sides. Jaehee panted heavily and tightened the grip on the handle of the sword she was using. There was no way the seven of them could defeat this small army.

One particular spell came to mind, but Jaehee would need more dead bodies than the ones she could spot right now. A warrior was currently charging at her, so Jaehee held her ground and blocked his attack with her sword. Using her strength and an attack called Icy Touch; Jaehee hit the warrior’s face with a blast of cold air and ice and pushed him back with her sword. The warrior took a few steps back while shaking his head and Jaehee used this opportunity to run up to him, jump and kick him in the head to knock him down completely.

As the warrior landed on his back, Jaehee’s feet landed on each side of his torso and her sword pierced right through his metal chest piece and right through his body. Now lifeless, Jaehee pulled the sword out and turned back to the Guardians who were still in their circle fighting off those that approached them.

“I need you guys to kill as many of them as you can! I need to raise my own army to counter theirs!” Jaehee yelled out as she struck a rogue that was locked in battle with Eunjung.

The Guardians turned to face Jaehee for a slight second but quickly turned back around to focus on the battle in front of them. All of them had very little knowledge of death knight abilities. The death knight was a class that was rarely seen but their skills and abilities were always regarded as some of the most powerful. And if Jaehee was asking for a lot of dead bodies, it meant that she wanted to cast a rumored spell by the name of Army of the Dead.

This spell would raise every dead body in the area to fight for Jaehee and aid all of them in this battle. It was something they desperately needed so all of the Guardians agreed without saying anything that they needed to do this. Hoping to encourage them, Jaehee stopped to form a horn made out of ice and blew into it. Horn of Winter sounded through out the entire area empowering all of the Guardians and the three human girls.

Feeling powered up by Jaehee’s spell, the Guardians continued fighting and killing everyone who crossed their paths. Even Jiyeon was fighting once again, standing next to Boram and shooting away with their bows at every enemy they marked. Jiyeon had even created arrows that Boram could use after she had run out of her own.

Eunjung and Jaehee were now fighting right next to each other. Swinging their swords in harmony as they attacked and protected each other from the enemy. Hyomin and Hwayoung, who practiced fighting together, were also moving in harmony and keeping the enemy at bay. Qri and Soyeon were keeping their attacks focused at the shadow priests and warlocks that were not on top of the school building.

Even with the large amount of enemy Shadows, the tide of the battle was in their favor. The adrenaline running through their bodies was making them forget they were getting worn out. Soyeon could only offer so many heals and continue fighting before she would wear herself out as well.

Jaehee and Eunjung were in the mist of fighting a big group of warriors and rogues. Jaehee was striking the enemy with a sword covered in a harmful plague and then using one of her spells to spread it through the enemy. Skeletal hands were rising from the ground to pull at some of the Shadows and Eunjung was taking that chance to cut them down.

Eunjung had been surprised on how well she and Jaehee were fighting together. The death knight had even frozen the edge of Eunjung’s sword in order to help the Guardian slow down the enemy. For a moment, when Eunjung had swung her sword above Jaehee’s head and struck an unsuspecting rogue, the Guardian had seen Jaehee wearing what seemed like black armor and a red cape. After turning to look at the Shadow once more, Jaehee was still in her normal attire, a black tank top, leather jacket, blue jeans, and sneakers.

Eunjung shook her head and continued fighting; the chaotic fight must have made her imagine it. Suddenly the ground shook, hard, and everyone, Shadows, Guardians and humans alike fell to their knees or sides. In front of the school stood three giant Infernos; their massive rock and green flamed bodies made the ground tremble as they walked and from their maws’ a great roar escaped.

No one got a chance to stand up before the ground shook hard once again. This time three other beings landed in front of the Infernos. The Guardians were shocked at the sight of these intimidating beings. Their bodies were big and muscular, their skins were a brownish red, huge horns jutted out from the sides of their heads, their fingers were clawed, their feet were hooves, a long tail swung back and forth behind them and giant wings spread out wide from their backs.

The demon’s eyes glowed yellow and they roared loudly making everyone cover their ears to try and deafened out the sound. In their right hands the demons held giant swords that they started swing as they started walking towards the Guardians and Jaehee. On the roof of the school building, one group of three warlocks was casting their shadow bolts again to continue the onslaught on the heroes, while the other group of four was casting their spell that would send a meteor the size of a house crashing down into the ground.

“Doomguards…” Jaehee said as she grabbed Eunjung’s arm and pulled her closer to the rest of the Guardians who were still in the same area as each other. Eunjung was surprised by Jaehee’s sudden action but followed the Shadow.

“Everyone group up!” Jaehee yelled out as she approached them and the Guardians did as she asked. Even Jiyeon, Gyuri and Jieun moved closer to the taller woman and then looked up at the sky like Jaehee was doing.

High above in the air just below the dark clouds, they could all see the three huge meteors falling their way. Qri formed two fireballs, one in each hand, and launched them at two of the meteors by they seemed unaffected by her attacks. She prepared a frostbolt next but suddenly a great part of the area around them became encased in a purple colored shield.

“Anti-Magic Shield…” The mage said as she looked at the giant dome surrounding them.

“Yes,” Jaehee said and everyone turned to look at her again. “It will protect us from the Doomguards and meteors for now but it won’t hold for long!”

“So what do we do?” Eunjung asked her.
“This battle is no longer yours to fight. I‘m their real target. All of you need to get out of here now. Qri, summon a portal back to your headquarters. It’s the safest place in the entire area around Seoul now.” Jaehee explained.

“How do you know this?” Soyeon asked her.

“Because I’m positive these Shadows have no interest in all of you or Jiyeon. The battle is an internal one between my people. The attacks on you were only to cause distraction and test your abilities. Your headquarters are also protected by the Light, therefore; they have no interest in going anywhere near it. Qri summon the portal and leave now before the shield disappears! I can only hold it for so long.” Jaehee desperately told them.

Qri turned around and quickly summoned the portal that would take all of them except Jaehee back to the warehouses. Hyomin and Hwayoung were the first to walk through it followed by Boram.

“I won’t leave you here alone!” Gyuri cried out as she ran up to Jaehee and hugged her waist. Jaehee had her arms up in the air trying to maintain the shield for as long as possible.

“Gyuri you need to go with them! You’ll be safe there with them! You too Jieun.” Jaehee told her girlfriend and her friend who seemed apprehensive at going through the portal.

“Jaehee is right, let’s go!” Qri yelled out at everyone who remained. Jieun turned towards the portal and ran towards it. She closed her eyes before crossing it and disappeared into it.

Jiyeon tried to pry Gyuri off Jaehee but the girl wouldn’t budge. Eunjung grabbed Jiyeon’s hand and lead the younger girl through the portal. Only Soyeon and Qri remained by the portal now and Gyuri was taking too long for both of their liking.

“Gyuri…please…” Jaehee begged her girlfriend and the human girl finally let go of the taller woman. Standing on her toes, Gyuri captured Jaehee’s lips in a kiss and then took off running towards the portal. Jaehee let out a sigh and turned to look in the direction of the portal.

The shield was already being struck by the Infernos, Doomguards and Shadows alike. Right after Gyuri entered the portal, the shield was rocked by the meteors that crashed into it and then dissolved. Qri and Soyeon crouched, covering their heads, and Jaehee fell to one knee but maintained the shield intact. Qri’s portal still remained and the mage turned to it and quickly went inside.

Soyeon stood up and looked at Jaehee, worry written all over her face as she looked at the Shadow that had just saved all of their lives. “Go Soyeon…don’t waste…anymore time…” Jaehee told her as her eyes started glowing green.

The High Priestess gave the death knight a slight nod. “Good luck Jaehee…”

Soyeon turned towards the portal and walked into it after casting her Power Word: Shield on Jaehee. It was the only form of aid she could offer the Shadow since it wasn’t created by the power of the Light. The portal closed after Soyeon walked through and Jaehee smiled after seeing the shield surround her body.

The time had now come for her to unleash everything she had on the enemy. Jaehee dropped her arms and the shield still remained, this time it would be depleted by the enemy’s attack since Jaehee was no longer holding it but the death knight needed to cast several spells before it fell.

First Jaehee summoned a gargoyle that would fly down to the area and bomb it with dark energy bolts. It would take the gargoyle some minutes to reach the area and in that time Jaehee started casting the spell to raise all of the dead bodies in the area. Army of the Dead changed the appearance of all the fallen Shadows and humans into ghouls that would aggressively attack the entire enemy in the area.

The Anti-Magic Shield fell after all of the ghouls had been raised but Soyeon’s protective shield still remained, if only for a few more seconds. The last spell Jaehee cast now appeared next to her; a Dancing Rune Sword would mimic all of the attacks she made with her own sword. In the air the gargoyle she had summoned was already flying down lower to unleash his attack.

The ghouls started attacking as soon as Jaehee ran towards one of the Doomguards and cut a deep wound on his thigh before jumping up and catching part of his jaw with the tip of the sword. The rune sword next to her did the same and cut the other thigh and part of the demon’s shoulder. Several of the ghouls then jumped on the Doomguard and brought him down.

Behind Jaehee, the gargoyle was bombing all of the Shadows on the ground preventing them from attacking Jaehee at the moment. Some of the ghouls were attacking them as well, while others focused on the Doomguards and Infernos. Jaehee aided them with her rune sword and plethora of physical, ice and unholy attacks.

Jinyoung who was watching the entire battle was impressed at how well Jaehee had mastered her abilities as a death knight. Part of him feared the fact that she had even grown to be stronger than him, but because he held Frostmourne in his hands when it came to a battle, he doubted that the Princess could actually beat him.

Jaehee, the rune sword, and the ghouls brought down all of the demons and after her rune sword disappeared and the gargoyle flew off, Jaehee was left with the remaining ghouls to fight along side her. The warlocks who were once again shooting shadow bolts at her had struck her a few times but she still stood against all of them.

She was trying her best to stay up and summon more undead pets from the newly fallen Shadows, but Jaehee was worn out and in pain. It should have been impossible for her to continue fighting but somehow she still stood and her weary limbs stilled moved to fight and defend herself. Jaehee had returned to her natural Shadow form in order to keep her strength up but even in this form, her vision was becoming blurry.

Two more shadow bolts struck her body and finally Jaehee fell on both knees. Two shadow priests took the opportunity to strike her with Mind fFay and Jaehee screamed in pain. The warriors surrounding her struck her body with punches and kicks because they had been ordered to not kill her. Their order was to attack Jaehee and wear her down until she could no longer move and became unconscious.

The warlocks on the roof all grinned and aimed their last set of shadow bolts at the Crown Princess of the Shadows. Right before all seven of them could launch their attacks, small knives pierced a part of their body and the pain from the impact ended their cast. Two shadow bolts struck the shadow priests that were attacking Jaehee with Mind Flay and this ended their channeling.

Tentacles rose up from the ground and captured several Shadows while others were attacked by a Shadowfiend and Shadow Word: Pain struck their bodies. Through the crowd of Shadows, Seunghyun charged slamming everyone he could away with his shield and cutting others with his sword. Kyurhee appeared in between the crowd too, stabbing two enemies at the same time, disappearing and doing the same again.

Jiyong had already cast curses on several of the enemy Shadows before turning his attacks to the warlocks that were up on the roof of the school building. Hyori ran up to Jaehee and cast a healing spell on the death knight in order to give her a little more energy. Feeling just a bit more invigorated, Jaehee stood up and grabbed a warlock from the roof with her Death Grip ability and struck the warlock down with a powerful swing of her sword.

But that attack was already too much even though Hyori had healed her. Her body could no longer handle anymore fighting and she fell on one knee this time. Jaehee’s breathing was erratic, her vision was going dark and her entire body was numb. Slowly she was drifting away from reality and into a very dark place.

Jinyoung still remained on the roof keeping a close eye on Jaehee and grinned when he saw that she could no longer keep herself up. He reached for the horn on the side of his saddle and sounded it off giving his soldiers the order to retreat. All of the Shadows stopped midway through their actions and started pulling away from the four Shadows that had arrived to aid Jaehee.

“They’re retreating!” Seunghyun shouted out. Kyurhee and Jiyong stopped fighting when they heard Seunghyun and saw the enemy backing away and disappearing into the shadows. Hyori recalled her tentacles which crushed the enemy they were holding and then disappeared into the ground.

Jinyoung looked on as his men retreated and then turned to face Jaehee who was still conscious but just barely. Using his own Death Grip, he pulled Jaehee up towards the roof. Feeling the tight grip around her body, Jaehee opened her eyes wide and through her blurry vision she could see the blue glow of Frostmourne as it came towards her and struck her in the chest.

The Death Grip disappeared from her body and Jaehee fell fast and hard to the ground. She crashed roughly onto the ground, unconscious and bleeding from the gash running from left to right diagonally on her chest. Jinyoung grinned, turned his steed around and retreated without being seen by Jaehee’s friends and sister.

“JAEHEE!” All four of them yelled out as they saw their friend crash onto the ground. The look of horror and shock adorned their faces as they crouched down low to grab onto Jaehee’s body.

Hyori pressed her hands on the wound and cast a healing spell to completely heal it but that was the only thing Hyori was able to do. Jaehee’s energy had been completely depleted, and even though she was barely alive, she still remained unconscious.

“I’m so sorry Jaehee! I’m sorry I couldn’t get to you sooner!” Kyurhee cried out as she gently picked up her younger sister’s head and upper body and held it close to her chest.





As Jinyoung and his army retreated, Jiyoung pulled out his communication orb from the pouch he kept it in and grinned proudly when he saw Lord Kwangsoo on it. “My Lord, the mission was a success. Shall I proceed with the second part of our plan?”

“Excellent news!” Lord Kwangsoo replied and let out a hearty cackle. After composing himself, he continued, “And hold off on the second part for now. I will inform you when to proceed with it.”

“Yes, sir.” Jinyoung replied and continued on his track back to the north.