Chapter Twenty

Masquerade

The city lights had become a blur to Jiyeon as she rode into the city sitting behind Eunjung on the older girl’s motorcycle. Jiyeon had her arms tightly wrapped around Eunjung and was currently resting her head on the back of the older girl. Eunjung slowed the speed of her motorcycle slightly as she moved one of her hands to place them on top of Jiyeon’s arms.

The comforting hand made Jiyeon smile but she frowned when she felt her stomach rumble. She then remembered that she had not eaten anything all evening. Eunjung exited the highway and veered into the traffic at a stop light. Jiyeon took this opportunity to ask Eunjung if they could stop somewhere to get something to eat.

Eunjung pulled into the parking lot of a small café located just a few streets from Jiyeon’s apartment building. She ordered a cup of coffee for herself and Jiyeon ordered a strawberry smoothie and a turkey sandwich. They took their seats at a small table outside of the café and Jiyeon quickly started devouring the sandwich.

The older girl stirred her cup of coffee and blew into it to cool the hot liquid down a bit. There was a glimmer in Eunjung’s eyes as she watched Jiyeon stuff her face with the sandwich. Jiyeon looked at Eunjung as she chewed and gave her a smile while was covered in bread crumbs and a little speck of mayonnaise lingered on the corner of Jiyeon’s lips.

Eunjung reached over and wiped the mayonnaise off Jiyeon’s lips causing the younger girl to stop chewing and stare at the older girl while blushing. Eunjung wiped her thumb on a napkin and then took a sip of her coffee.

“Don’t eat so fast. I don’t want you to choke on your food.” Eunjung’s comment snapped Jiyeon out of her trance and she continued chewing before swallowing her food.

Jiyeon took a sip of her smoothie and smiled once more. “I’m just really hungry.”

“Jiyeon…” Eunjung paused and looked directly into the eyes of the younger girl. “I don’t want you to worry anymore about what happened today.”

The younger girl set her sandwich down on the plate and then looked down at the table. “I’m really sorry Eunjung. I promise it won’t happen again.”

“Don’t apologize anymore okay? I know that my presence can be overbearing but I just want to make sure nothing happens to you. Now, finish your food so I can take you home before your parents start worrying.” Eunjung picked up her cup of coffee and took a big swig of it.

Jiyeon nodded at Eunjung and continued eating her food. After she finished, the two of them left and headed for Jiyeon’s home. Eunjung parked her motorcycle in front of the building and got off the bike to help Jiyeon. The younger girl got off with Eunjung’s help and took off her helmet before turning to face the older girl.

“Qri and Boram asked me to allow them to watch over the area tonight. If anything should happen, they will contact me and protect you as well. You’re in good hands.” Eunjung told her and Jiyeon nodded and smiled.

“Thank you. I feel safer just knowing they’re around.” Jiyeon moved closer to Eunjung and wrapped her arms around the older girl’s neck to give her a hug. Eunjung returned the gesture and wrapped her arms around Jiyeon’s waist.

Jiyeon tighten her arms around Eunjung a light glow surrounded both of them. Eunjung felt really warm and comfortable in their position to the point that she pressed Jiyeon even closer to her body and slightly rubbed her cheek against Jiyeon’s.

Jiyeon closed her eyes and smiled at the sensation of Eunjung’s skin against hers. They finally pulled away from each other and looked directly into each other’s eyes for a moment. Their faces were only centimeters apart and Eunjung seemed to move her lips closer to Jiyeon’s.

Why do I have the urge to kiss her?

Jungie…don’t fight it.


Eunjung struggled with her current feelings but eventually managed to fight back and moved away from Jiyeon. She grabbed Jiyeon’s hand and led the younger girl towards the main doors of the apartment building.

“Have a goodnight Jiyeon. I will pick you up in the morning.” Eunjung told her and let go of Jiyeon’s hand.

Jiyeon felt disappointed when Eunjung moved away from her and just grabbed her hand to lead her down the short walk to the doors. She gave Eunjung a quick hug and then grabbed one of the doors and pulled it open.

“Goodnight to you as well Jungie.” Jiyeon waved at Eunjung and then walked inside the building. Eunjung watched her until she disappeared into the elevator and then turned around to head back to her motorcycle. So the fight to resist temptation begins once again. You have to be strong Eunjung and pray that these restraints hold you back.





Gyuri smiled when she saw Jaehee pull up in front of the animal clinic she was now interning at. Jaehee was going to get out and open the door for Gyuri but the younger girl opened the door and stepped inside before Jaehee got a chance to get out of the car.

“How was your first day?” Jaehee asked and reached over to give her girlfriend a kiss.

“It was good. It was mainly an orientation day but I have a feeling after I start helping around it will be more exciting.” Gyuri responded. Jaehee grinned and captured Gyuri’s lips a few more times. She stopped when Gyuri started giggling and turned to put her seatbelt on.

“Are you taking me home or trying to make out?” Gyuri asked the older girl and Jaehee chuckled.

“Both! Though, I was hoping for the make out before I take you home.” Jaehee replied.

Gyuri rolled her eyes but signaled with her left index finger for her girlfriend to get closer. Jaehee pouted her lips as she moved closer to Gyuri to kiss her but the sudden ringing of her phone stopped her midway. The older woman looked down at her phone that was sitting in one of the cup holders and then picked it up.

“Who is it?” Gyuri asked.

“Hyori…” Jaehee replied and looked at Gyuri who frowned.

“Why is she still calling you? I thought you told me you broke it off with her.” Gyuri said with a slight tone of annoyance.

“I did but it might be important.” Jaehee replied and answered before Gyuri could protest. “Hello?”

“Jaehee! You need to come to the temple immediately. Seunghyun and Jiyong have returned.”

“What?!”

“Please just get here as fast as you can.” And with that Hyori hung up and Jaehee pulled her phone away from her ear to stare at it.

“Is everything okay?” Gyuri asked while raising an eyebrow at her girlfriend. Jaehee looked up from her phone and shook her head.

“I need to go to the temple but it's the opposite way from your house. I guess I’ll drop you off first.” Jaehee murmured and started up her car.

Gyuri reached over and placed her hand on Jaehee’s forearm. “Something about that call is bothering you. I’ll go with you. You can drop me off later. What temple is it?”

“It’s outside of the city heading northeast.” Jaehee replied as she pulled away into the road.

“Oh…that Buddhist looking temple?” Gyuri asked and Jaehee simply nodded. If Seunghyun and Jiyong had returned, then where were her sister and everyone else? Hyori sounded desperate and worried over the phone as well.

Even though Jaehee was speeding down the highway towards the location of the temple, Gyuri remained calm and collected. Her mind was running though. She was curious as to what Jaehee seemed to be so worried about and also about the temple they were headed to. Even though it looked like a Buddhist temple, Gyuri had always heard talks about how dark and eerie the place could be at times.

When they arrived, the rumors about how dark and eerie the place was were confirmed for Gyuri. There was very little lighting, enough to see everything but the place could use more light. Jaehee and Gyuri stepped out of the car and made their way towards the temple.

“Gyuri, please wait for me inside the temple. I’ll be back in a little while.” Jaehee told Gyuri as they stopped in front of the doors to the temple. The older woman knew it had not been a good idea to bring her girlfriend here yet, but she needed to talk to her best friends now that they had returned. She would have a lot of explaining to do for Gyuri later on.

“Jaehee!” TaeIn called out to her daughter as she opened the doors to the temple. Unlike the outside of the temple, the inside was lit up brightly and this surprised Gyuri. TaeIn noticed the human girl standing next to her daughter and then looked at Jaehee.

The older woman took a few steps closer to her daughter and leaned into whisper into her ear. “Why is she here?”

“I’ll explain later.” Jaehee whispered back and when her mother backed away Jaehee asked about Seunghyun and Jiyong. Her mother asked her to follow her and as they headed into the infirmary, Gyuri took a seat in one of the benches.






Seunghyun was sitting up on his bed eating a light snack and drinking a sports drink in order to regain some of the energy he had lost during the battle. Jiyong was currently asleep on his bed as the elixir worked in his body to eliminate the poison. He looked worriedly at his boyfriend even though TaeIn had assured him that Jiyong was going to be fine.

Seunghyun’s face lit up at the sight of Jaehee when she walked in. Jaehee ran over to her best friend and hugged him tightly. He returned the embrace and gave Jaehee and weak smile after she pulled away. Jaehee looked over at Jiyong and worry marked her face.

“Jiyong is asleep. He was poisoned but I have given him the proper elixir to eliminate the poison from his body.” TaeIn explained as she took a seat in the chair between the two beds.

Jaehee sighed and took a seat on Seunghyun’s bed. She looked over at the younger man, “What happened? Where is everyone else?”

Seunghyun bowed his head. “We were attacked by a big group of Shadows. We were outnumbered but managed to fight them down to just a few. Half of the group is dead, but Kyurhee is fine. A little beat up, but fine.”

“Why didn’t she return with you and Jiyong then?” TaeIn asked Seunghyun and the warrior kept his head down.

“Kyurhee is the one who sent us back. She took over the group that is left in order to follow the death knight that was the leader of the group who attacked us. Kyurhee is sure that she knows who he is.” Seunghyun answered.

“Who is he?” Jaehee asked.

“Kyurhee believes that it’s Nobleman Park Jinyoung.” Seunghyun said. TaeIn gasped and Jaehee frowned.

“No! That cannot be. Kyurhee has to be mistaken. Jinyoung is a respectable loyal man to the throne.” TaeIn said while still in shock. She had never seen Jinyoung oppose her husband and he had always been one of the most loyal and supportive of the representatives.

“No mother, if Kyurhee was there fighting him, then she most likely got a chance to see who it was. She has some of the best instincts I know and I believe her.” Jaehee responded and Seunghyun nodded in agreement.

“I can’t believe it.” TaeIn commented.

Jaehee turned back to Seunghyun. “Explain everything in detail. Tell me everything that has happened until this point.”

Seunghyun turned to look at Jaehee and proceeded to tell her everything he remembered. He started off with the discovery of the bodies inside the caves to the final moments of the battle he and the others in his group had endured. Both Jaehee and TaeIn were shocked by everything that Seunghyun was telling them, but TaeIn could still not believe that it was Jinyoung who has attacked them. Yes, she knew Jinyoung was a death knight, but he had never given her a reason to doubt him.






Gyuri had noticed the altar and the dark waves of energy that floated up behind it. They twisted and tangled around each other at the bottom but at the top they dispersed into the room itself and by that point they were already invisible. The human girl found the entire room to be quite odd.

“What the heck kind of religion is Jaehee into?” She muttered to herself as she looked around.

Hyori had entered the temple while Gyuri was looking around. She was headed to the infirmary but was surprised to the see the human girl wondering about the room. The only time Hyori had seen Gyuri was at the club that one night when the human girl was dancing and flirting with Jaehee.

So you’re the one Jaehee picked over me. At least you’re not hideous, but you’re still a lousy human. Hyori narrowed her eyes on Gyuri and walked closer to the younger girl.

“You must be Gyuri.” Hyori’s voice startled Gyuri and the human girl turned around to face the Shadow Priestess.

“Y-yes, and you are…?” Gyuri replied.

Hyori smirked, “I’m Lee Hyori.”

Gyuri gasped and looked at Hyori studying the older woman’s features. Wow, she’s beautiful and she’s…technically she is Jaehee’s fiancée.

Gyuri bowed and formally introduced herself to Hyori. The older woman circled Gyuri and finally said something after making the human girl slightly uncomfortable. “So you’re the girl Jaehee picked over me?”

“You sound bitter about it.” Gyuri commented and Hyori scoffed.

She wanted to reply back but she decided to change the topic instead. “It seems like Jaehee has told you a lot already about herself and the temple. Enough to bring you here without worrying about your reaction.”

What is she talking about? Jaehee hasn’t told me anything about this place. Gyuri’s hesitation to answer to Hyori’s comment confirmed what the Priestess had been thinking. Jaehee had not told her girlfriend anything about her being a Shadow and about the temple.

Hyori smirked once again. “She hasn’t told you anything has she?”

Gyuri frowned at Hyori’s comment and the older woman started laughing. “I guess she has a lot of explaining to do to you.”

Hyori bowed at Gyuri and then turned around to walk out of the temple. She grinned proudly as she left knowing that perhaps the questions Gyuri was going to ask Jaehee would most likely make the human girl become uninterested in Jaehee. Once the human girl was out of the picture, Jaehee would become hers once more.





“I should have known that bastard Park Jinyoung would have eventually betrayed us!” Jaehee turned to the wall next to her and punched it. She had been pacing back and forth while Seunghyun explained what had happened. If her sister was convinced it was the Nobleman behind the attack, then Jaehee had her reasons to believe the same way Kyurhee did.

“Jaehee, I know that you and Kyurhee have always been apprehensive about him. I don’t know why, but I think now is a good time to tell me why.” TaeIn looked at her daughter who was harshly tapping the wall with her fist.

Jaehee stopped tapping the wall and turned to look at her mother and then looked down at the floor. “I told Kyurhee long ago to tell you and dad but she was afraid you wouldn’t believe her.”

“Jaehee, just tell me what it is.” TaeIn ordered her youngest daughter.

“I would rather tell you back home. This isn’t the best place.” Jaehee replied. “I’m going to take Gyuri home and I’ll meet you back home mom. Seunghyun, please get some rest and take care of Jiyong.”

Seunghyun nodded and lay back down on the bed. TaeIn let out of a sigh and walked out of the infirmary behind Jaehee. When the two of them walked into the main area of the temple, they saw Hyori talking to Gyuri. Jaehee stopped her mother from walking into the room and the two of them observed how smug Hyori looked after walking away from Gyuri and out of the temple.

Jaehee sighed and stepped into the room. “Gyuri are you ready to go home?”

Gyuri was startled by Jaehee and jumped up when she heard the older girl’s voice. TaeIn looked at the two of them before walking out of the temple to go find Sangchu. Jaehee frowned at Gyuri’s nervousness and placed both of her hands on the shorter girl’s shoulders.

“Gyuri, are you okay? What did Hyori tell you?” Jaehee asked her girlfriend.

Gyuri shook her head. “Nothing important.”

Jaehee narrowed her eyes at Gyuri and then took a hold of the shorter girl’s hand to lead her out of the temple. As they exited the temple and made their way to Jaehee’s car, the older woman thought about what seemed to be bothering Gyuri.

“I think you have some questions about this place right?” Jaehee asked as she opened the passenger door of her car for Gyuri.

“Yes, I do.” Gyuri replied once Jaehee settled into her seat and started off the car.

“I know Hyori told you something, and whatever it was please don’t let it bother you. I want us to have an honest relationship so I will answer any questions you might have. There are a lot of things I need to tell you Gyuri, but I just ask you to wait until another day.” Jaehee told Gyuri as she pulled out of her parking spot and drove off.

Gyuri remained silent as Jaehee drove to her house. She had a lot of things that she wanted to ask Jaehee and they were bothering her, but Gyuri decided to hold those questions in. Once they pulled up to Gyuri’s house, Gyuri looked over at Jaehee and offered a slight smile.

“You’re right. There are things that I want to ask you, but I will wait. Have a goodnight.” Gyuri then pulled the door handle and opened the car door to step out of the vehicle. Jaehee reached over and grabbed Gyuri’s left hand.

“Are you upset with me? I’m sorry.” Jaehee gave Gyuri a worried look and the younger girl just looked back at her.

“Goodnight Jaehee.” Gyuri replied and stepped out of the car and closed the door. Jaehee watched as Gyuri walked up the few steps that led to the main door of her house and then went inside. The older woman then slammed her hand on the steering wheel and sighed.

Damn it! What did you tell her Hyori?! Jaehee shook her head. She had too many things on her plate right now and she could not worry too much about Gyuri or Hyori. Jaehee put her car on drive and pulled away to head towards her home. The most important thing right now was to tell her mother about what Jinyoung had done to Kyurhee.





TaeIn was pacing impatiently back and forth in the living room of her apartment as she waited for her daughter to arrive. When she heard the sound of keys entering a lock, TaeIn quickly rushed over to the door and opened it. Jaehee stepped inside and her mother quickly shut the door behind her.

“Tell me what Jinyoung did to Kyurhee?” TaeIn demanded.

Jaehee took a seat on the couch and her mother followed by sitting next to her. Jaehee turned to her mother and took a deep breath. “It happened about thirteen years ago. Kyurhee had just turned 13 and I was still 11. Dad had taken us to the house we have in the country and he had invited the representatives from around the country to come over.”

“Oh yes, I remember. He wanted to have a party that weekend and catch up with them but in a less serious manner.” TaeIn added as she remembered that particular day.

“Yeah…that day I was playing soccer with Seunghyun, Jiyong and some other kids. Dad was busy grilling the food and you were chatting with some of the ladies and guys.” Jaehee continued and TaeIn nodded in agreement.

“Well, I wanted Kyurhee to play with us, but she had gone off to play on the swings. I decided to go get her and when I ran up to her, I saw Jinyoung sitting in the swing next to hers. He was leaning really close to Kyurhee and one of his hands was on her thigh. I called out her name and that’s when he moved away from her.” Jaehee stopped when she saw her mother gasp in shock.

“He got up from the swing and walked over to me and ruffled my hair. I had just gotten that pixie cut remember? He said it was cute and kept walking. I walked over to Kyurhee and she was shaking and looked really frightened. I hugged her and it calmed her down but then she started crying.” Jaehee bit her lip and shook her head as she remembered that particular moment.

“Jinyoung was going to molest Kyurhee?” TaeIn asked. She was still shocked over it.

Jaehee nodded. “Yes, and if it wasn’t for me, he would have. After Kyurhee calmed down, she told me that he had told her how beautiful she was and how she was starting to grow into a young lady. He had been rubbing her thighs, caressing her face, and telling her that one day she would be his.”

TaeIn clenched her fists in anger. “Why didn’t Kyurhee tell us?! Why!”

“Because she was afraid that you and dad would not believe her!”

“That’s ridiculous! I don’t care who he is, I would have believed Kyurhee! She’s my daughter and to know that Jinyoung did that. THAT SON OF-” TaeIn stood up from the couch and screamed revealing her true form to Jaehee.

Jaehee stood up and placed her hands on her mother’s shoulders. The woman’s pink eyes glowed with fury and her entire body shook.

“That was just the beginning. He tried to do it a few more times after that. We hoped it would stop after she grew into an adult but Jinyoung is in love with her or something. He still wants Kyurhee for himself.” Jaehee told her mother and the woman finally seemed to calm down slightly.

The ram like horns on her head and the pointed ears disappeared and TaeIn looked human once again. She sat back down on the couch and let the tears roll down her face. It hurt her to know that her daughter, her own flesh and blood, was too scared to tell her about what this scumbag had done to her. TaeIn wanted nothing more than to wrap her hands around Jinyoung’s neck and strangle the man to death.

“I don’t see why wanting Kyurhee to himself would cause Jinyoung to kidnap dad but I think he might be working with some else. Regardless, he’s a traitor and must be treated as such.” Jaehee commented and her mother nodded.

“Jaehee, please take care of that. I…I think I need to go lay down…” TaeIn said as she placed a hand on her forehead. Jaehee looked at her mother worriedly and nodded.

The older woman stood up from the couch and headed towards her room. Jaehee leaned back on the couch and sighed. I’m sorry you weren’t the one to tell mom this Kyurhee, but it’s important that she knows.





Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Jieun made it to school at the same time the next morning. Taeyang had told Jieun the day before that the reason Jiyeon left was because her dad had called saying her mother was sick. Jieun had been worried the entire evening and so this morning she ran up to Jiyeon and hugged her tightly.

“Jiyeon! Taeyang told me that your mom got sick! How is she doing?” Jieun asked as she continued to hug Jiyeon.

Jiyeon finally managed to pull herself away from Jieun to answer the girl’s question. “Oh yeah…um, she’s fine. It turns out she just had a stomach ache but dad still freaked out.”

Jiyeon scratched her head and hoped that her quick lie would fool her best friend. Jiyeon really disliked lying to her best friend, and this wasn’t the first time she had done it in the last few months. While the two of them talked, Eunjung took the opportunity to thank Taeyang before he left.

“Thank you for helping protect Jiyeon yesterday.” Eunjung told Taeyang before he stepped inside his car.

Taeyang offered her a smile and nodded. “It’s no problem. I know Jiyeon is an important person and she’s also Jieun’s best friend. I couldn’t let anything happen to her.”

“So you know she’s the Chosen One?” Eunjung asked him and Taeyang nodded once more.

“Yes. Jaehee interrogated me when Jieun and I started dating. Needless to say, she scared me but she could see that I mean no harm to her or you guys. She explained who Jiyeon was and made me promise to protect her as well.” Taeyang explained and this time Eunjung nodded. She mentally thanked Jaehee for taking precautions with Taeyang.

“I see. I’ll have to thank her as well then. You have a good day Taeyang.” Eunjung bowed. Taeyang smiled once again and bowed to Eunjung before stepping into his car and pulling away. Eunjung turned around and headed towards Jiyeon and Jieun who were still chatting.

The three girls were then approached by Gyuri who greeted them. She then turned to Jieun and smiled at the younger girl. “How did your recording session go?”

Jieun grinned at Gyuri and answered, “Good! I mean, the first few tries weren’t that great but I got a hang of it and Teddy oppa was happy by the end of the day. I’m going back today to continue recording. I’m sure I will be the one featured.”

“That’s great Jieun-ah! I’m really happy for you.” Gyuri hugged the younger girl.







Jaehee was making her way up to her friends when she saw Gyuri and Jieun embrace in a hug and smiled. She was happy to see the two of them getting along and she was also glad to see a smile on Gyuri’s face. Hopefully, she would be able to talk to Gyuri today and answer any questions her girlfriend might have.

Before Jaehee could reach her friends, she was stopped by a familiar voice. Jaehee turned around to find Soyeon walking up to her. Unlike the last few times she had seen Soyeon, this time the Priestess was wearing regular clothing instead of her white robes. Jaehee was surprised to see the Priestess at the school.

“Soyeon? What are you doing here?” Jaehee asked as Soyeon approached her.

Soyeon bowed and gave the taller woman a small smile. “I need to talk to you. Eunjung said she was going to ask you about it, but honestly, the curiosity is killing me.”

Jaehee frowned. “Okay…what do you want to ask?”

“Do you know of any Shadows ever being healed by a holy priest? Healed by the power of the light?” Soyeon looked up at Jaehee expectantly and Jaehee raised an eyebrow.






As Jieun and Gyuri talked about the celebrities Jieun had met, Jiyeon began to look around hoping that Jaehee would show up soon so all five of them could head to class. When Jiyeon spotted Jaehee, she was shocked to see Soyeon talking to the taller woman.

“Is…is that Soyeon unni?” Jiyeon asked out loud and everyone turned to look at Jiyeon then at where she was pointing.

“That is Soyeon.” Eunjung confirmed. Jiyeon started walking towards Jaehee and Soyeon and everyone followed behind her.

Gyuri who was still upset with Jaehee frowned at the sight of her girlfriend talking to the shorter girl Jiyeon and Eunjung were calling Soyeon.

“Soyeon unni! What are you doing here?” Jiyeon asked the older girl as she walked up to Soyeon and Jaehee.

Soyeon turned to Jiyeon and gave her a smile. “Jiyeon, good morning. How are you doing?”

“Good!” Jiyeon responded. Soyeon turned to Jieun and Gyuri and bowed at both of them while greeting them. They both did the same but Gyuri narrowed her eyes on Soyeon.

“There are some things I need to ask Jaehee about. I know you said you would ask her for me Eunjung, but I couldn’t wait. It won’t take too long.” Soyeon explained.

“You guys should just head to class. I’ll be alright.” Jaehee told them. Jiyeon looked up at Eunjung who nodded.

“We’ll see you later then unni. See you later too Soyeon. Jieun, let’s go.” Jiyeon hooked her arm with Jieun and turned around to head back to the school with Eunjung following behind the two of them.

Gyuri remained in her spot as the three of them walked away. She turned to Jaehee and Soyeon who looked at her expectantly. Soyeon could tell the girl was upset but she didn’t know why. Gyuri narrowed her eyes at Jaehee and scoffed.

“You’re too much.” And with that, Gyuri turned around and walked away. Jaehee face palmed and turned around to walk back towards the parking lot. Soyeon took a look at both girls and could tell that whatever was going on between the two girls was not good at the moment.

“There is a café down the street we can go to. We can drive or walk to it. Whatever you’d like.” Jaehee told Soyeon who had now caught up to her.

“Let’s walk.” Soyeon answered and Jaehee nodded.





TaeIn knew her way around the temple better than anyone. If she ever needed a scouting group, she knew exactly which trainees to pick and choose to take with her. The night before TaeIn had not slept much since the only thing on her mind was finding the traitor Jinyoung and ending his miserable life. TaeIn was mad at herself for ever trusting the man and never knowing what he had done to her daughter right under her nose.

The High Priestess had gotten up very early and made her way to the temple. Training started early, so when she arrived, those who she needed to come with her were already there. It didn’t take TaeIn long to gather a small group to take with her. Her driver Sangchu and his partner Junseop were among those she had selected.

Sangchu didn’t mind driving the small group to where ever TaeIn asked him to, but when she said that she wanted him to take her to the place on the border where Kyurhee had crossed over, Sangchu refused. TaeIn did not like to be refused, so when he refused the second time, she took control of his mind and made him drive all the way to the border. They could only go so far, so they walked the rest of the way on foot.

Sangchu was furious that the Queen had taken control of his mind but Junseop told him it was best if he did not argue with her at the moment. Everyone in the group was afraid of what the High Priestess would do because she currently seemed unstable and stopping her would probably get them killed.

TaeIn was glad to see that both the South and North had quickly fixed the fence because there was no sign of anyone ever cutting them down and crossing over. TaeIn had been in attendance the day Seunghyun had explained this plan for crossing over to the North, so she implemented the same plan in order for her to get to the other side. The two rogues in her group took out the guards on both sides, cleared the mines, and signaled for them to cross over.

Sangchu cut the fences down on both the South and North while they crossed over. Once the group was in North Korea, TaeIn continued on with her plan. She only needed the group to cross over and planned to go deeper into the country by herself. TaeIn used her mind control ability once again, but this time she used it on everyone at the same time. To master this ability, one had to be a very skilled and experienced Shadow Priest, and TaeIn was exactly that.

Now that she had all of them under her control, she made everyone place hand on Sangchu and made the warrior extend one of his hands. TaeIn placed a small stone on his hand with a blue swirl rune on it and made it light up. She let go of the control over their minds and grinned at them when they realized what was about to happen.

“My Queen! Please don’t do this!” Sangchu yelled out.

“Goodbye Sangchu.” TaeIn replied and waved at him and everyone else. In a flash, everyone disappeared and TaeIn grinned.

“I will personally cut you down Park Jinyoung.” TaeIn said and turned around to head in deeper into the country.