Chapter Twenty Seven

Masquerade

A slight cool breeze flew past Jaehee and Gyuri who were standing outside the main entrance to the temple. The wind blew Jaehee’s mohawk slightly to the right and Gyuri smiled as she adjusted the badges on Jaehee’s jacket and swiped away small bits of dust and other things clinging to the black jacket. Jaehee was currently wearing the Royal uniform given to her by father when she was named heir to the throne.

On this Saturday night, Jaehee was going to be meeting with all of the representatives sent from around the world in support of her plan and the King. She needed to represent herself as their leader and look very formal and composed in front of these representatives.

“You look so handsome and full of authority. How’s your English?” Gyuri asked as she picked the last bit of dust off Jaehee’s jacket.

A bit of red marked Jaehee’s cheeks as she heard her girlfriend’s comment. “Hopefully it’s not rusty. It’s been a while since I’ve had to speak it. Also, I wanted to give you this.”

Jaehee had been holding a small navy blue box in one of her hands and she handed it to Gyuri. The shorter girl took the box and gasped when she opened it. Jaehee grinned and moved her hands to pull the item out of the box.

“I got this sash specifically made for you. With it, you’re able to attend the meeting.” Jaehee explained as she helped Gyuri put it on. The sash was black with the Royal Insignia embroidered onto it in silver. When placed around Gyuri, the insignia was right over her heart.

“It’s beautiful, thank you. Does it have a special meaning?” Gyuri asked as she touched the insignia.

Jaehee smiled and nodded her head. “Yes, a black sash with a silver insignia means you’re my fiancée.”

“But you haven’t even proposed to me!” Gyuri protested and Jaehee chuckled.

“I know, but they don’t need to know that. I just want to make a statement.” Jaehee said in between chuckles.

“Where is my ring then?” Gyuri asked and pointed to her ring finger.

Jaehee burst into laughter and reached inside the right pocket of her pants. “Here it is.”

Gyuri gasped at the shiny silver ring with a big diamond embedded at the top and smaller ones surrounding it. Jaehee wanted to place it on her girlfriend’s finger but Gyuri snatched it from Jaehee’s hand and placed it on her finger. “It’s the perfect size too! It’s so pretty!”

Gyuri’s eyes sparkled while looking at the ring and a smile remained on Jaehee’s face. She had not officially proposed to the younger girl but she hoped to do so in the future. Their moment was interrupted when they heard various voices and multiple steps heading towards them. Jaehee turned to face the walkway leading up to the temple and waved at the representatives heading her way.

A loud booming sound was suddenly heard and a blinding flash of light suddenly appeared behind Jaehee and Gyuri to their right. Out of the light, Kyurhee came out running at full speed until she tripped on her feet and flew forward, crashing into the steps and rolling down a few of them. Jaehee gasped in shock and ran towards her sister who was breathing heavily; pulling as much air as she could into her lungs.

Jaehee kneeled down and placed her hands on the sides of Kyurhee’s face. The younger woman inspected her older sister’s face and body to look for any injuries but all she spotted was shallow cuts on Kyurhee’s arms, one of her thigh, and a few on her sides. Kyurhee’s eyes seemed to be caught in a trance mostly likely due to the adrenaline running through her.

“Kyurhee! Kyurhee!” Jaehee’s voice sounded distant to the rogue lying on the ground. She could see her younger sister looking back at her, but Jaehee’s face was blurry. Kyurhee finally shut her eyes as her breath started returning to normal and the rush running through her was calming down.

“Jae-Jaehee…” Kyurhee said in between breaths but her voice was now sounding weak. The rogue closed her eyes once again and this time it took her longer to open them. Her exhaustion was getting the best of her.

“Gyuri please go call Hyori. I need her to look over Kyurhee’s wounds.” Jaehee asked her girlfriend who was also kneeling over Kyurhee and looking at her with worried eyes. Gyuri nodded her head and took off running up the steps before going inside the temple.

The representatives who were walking towards Jaehee previously had stopped in their tracks and just watched the scene before them. The sudden arrival of Kyurhee had surprised all of them.

Kyurhee tried once again to keep her eyes open but it was too much and she fainted. Jaehee moved her arms under her sister’s neck and knees and lifted her up onto her arms. She turned to face the representatives, “I will postpone our meeting for an hour. I need to tend to Princess Kyurhee’s wounds. I will see all of you in the throne room within an hour.”

The representatives gasped at the mention of Princess Kyurhee’s name and looked at each other. Jaehee could hear the sound of their chattering as she walked up the steps to the temple and took her sister inside. Hyori and Gyuri were already running towards Jaehee with a stretcher for the unconscious rogue. Jaehee placed her sister on the stretcher and followed the two women who turned around and took Kyurhee off to the infirmary.





“Dad, Jungie~ Are you two finished yet? Mom wants the both of you upstairs for dinner.” Jiyeon said as she looked at the open hood of her father’s car.

Eunjung had come to visit Jiyeon at her home earlier in the day and to her surprise, Jiyeon’s father had asked Eunjung if she could take a look at his car. It had been giving him some problems lately and he remembered that Eunjung had mentioned working at a mechanic shop back when he first met her. Eunjung had stared at him for a few seconds when he had asked her.

Eunjung had lied for the most part when she told the older man that. She did know a little bit of mechanic work, but it was mostly for her motorcycle because she needed to keep it in shape and running well. Jiyeon had elbowed her to bring her back to reality and Eunjung had agreed while mentally kicking herself.

It turned out that Mr. Park’s car needed a new alternator, which is why the battery kept dying out and the car wouldn’t start. Needing her tools, Eunjung offered to pick up a new alternator and battery from an auto parts store on her way to retrieve her tools from her home. And now, for the past two hours, Eunjung had been working on Mr. Park’s car.

Jiyeon’s dad scoot out from under the car and stood up to face his daughter. “Almost done sweetie. Turns out it wasn’t too easy to replace the part. I’m going to go wash up while Eunjung finishes.”

Mr. Park rubbed the top of his daughter’s head as he walked past her and headed inside the apartment building. Jiyeon adjusted her newly ruffled hair and walked around the car to where Eunjung was lying underneath the raised up car. She crouched down to look at Eunjung who was tightening the last screw that held the alternator in place.

Jiyeon grinned at the site of Eunjung diligently working on the car. After tightening the screw, Eunjung scoot out from under the car and looked at Jiyeon who was smiling like an idiot. “What’s with the happy look on your face?”

Eunjung reached over for the small red towel lying near the jack that was holding the car up and started wiping off the grease on her hands. Jiyeon’s eyes traveled over Eunjung’s arms, her upper chest and face. The older girl was wearing a black tank top, she was sweating and small marks of grease were scattered around her arms, chest and face from where she had wiped her fingers. My Jungie is so y!

Jiyeon her lips and continued smiling. “You’re so hot Jungie.”

Eunjung stared at Jiyeon for a second and then shook her head. “No, I’m dirty but I managed to fix your dad’s car…I think.”

Jiyeon giggled and continued to watch Eunjung as the older girl placed the new battery in its designated spot and connected the wires to it. She then walked over to lower the car back to it‘s natural position and removed the jack from underneath it. The Guardian then opened the driver door and took a seat to turn on the car. The familiar sound of the engine starting up and the beeping signaling an open driver door let Eunjung know that the car was running well now.

Jiyeon clapped excitedly and wrapped her arms around Eunjung when the girl stepped out of the vehicle. Eunjung offered her girlfriend a slight smile, something she had been able to express as of late, and encircled Jiyeon’s waist with her own arms. Seeing a smile on her girlfriend’s face made Jiyeon really happy. Eunjung had explained to her that it was all due to her powers and love.

“My dad is going to be so happy when we tell him the car is fixed. You’re the best Jungie!” Jiyeon wasted no time in capturing Eunjung’s lips and the older girl kissed her back with the same fervor.

Even though she did not want to pull away, Eunjung gently pushed Jiyeon back. “We should finish cleaning up here and head inside before your mom comes looking for us.”

Jiyeon pouted but nodded in agreement. Eunjung headed over to close the hood of the car and then headed to turn it off since she had left it running after turning it on. Jiyeon meanwhile picked up the tools Eunjung had used and placed them back inside the older girl’s tool box. After picking everything up and locking the car, both girls started to head back into the building.

Eunjung’s phone suddenly started ringing as she opened the door for Jiyeon to walk inside the building. She placed the tool box down on the ground and reached for her phone inside the pocket of her jeans. “Hello?”

“Eunjung, there was another attack in the southeastern side of the city. We have two casualties.” Soyeon explained over the phone.

“Are you headed there yourself?” Eunjung asked her.

“No, Hyomin is because she the closest to the scene. I’m afraid to move the groups around because there could be more attacks. You know they’ve increased a lot lately. I think it’s best if you remain with Jiyeon tonight.”

“I’ll try to be as alert as I can. Please be careful out there Soyeon. I’ll see you later.”

“Wait Eunjung!”

“Yes?”

“According to the leader of the group, the reason why only two of them died was because another group of Shadows arrived to help. Same thing has been happening as of late with all the attacks that have happened.”

“Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?”

“Because I didn’t want you to have any conflict with Jaehee. I know the two of you are not as close as before, but she’s still helping us Eunjung.”

“I appreciate her assistance Soyeon so please don’t worry too much about that. I’ll thank her when I see her next time.”

“I’m glad to hear that. You be careful as well and take care of Jiyeon. Have a goodnight.”

“Goodnight Soyeon.” Eunjung ended the call and looked over at Jiyeon who had been trying to listen in on the conversation as best as she could.

“Did something happen Jungie?” Jiyeon asked worriedly.

“We lost two Guardians just now in another attack. Do you think your parents would mind if I stayed over? I will sleep on the couch just like last time.” Eunjung asked Jiyeon who wanted to protest at the mention of Eunjung sleeping on the couch.

“I don’t think they will mind. Let’s head inside okay.” Jiyeon opened the door to the building and walked inside with Eunjung following behind her.






After leaving Kyurhee in Hyori’s care, Jaehee and Gyuri had gone to the throne room to meet with the representatives from around the world. The reason for the meeting was because everyone who had replied with their support had finally arrived in Seoul. It was more convenient for Jaehee to hold the meeting with all of them present at once than doing various ones as each representative arrived.

The meeting consisted mainly of discussing the plan to keep the country safe from an invasion from the north. Jaehee had explained and shown to the representatives two of the men she believed were behind the betrayal and kidnapping of the King. The representatives had also mentioned how certain representatives from their own countries had disappeared recently.

All of them had come to the agreement that those who had disappeared in their part of the world were most likely working with the traitors from South Korea. After that discussion, some of the representatives had taken the time to ask Jaehee what exactly had happened to Princess Kyurhee and why Queen TaeIn was not attending the meeting.

One of the representatives even asked why the human girl standing next to Jaehee was there and wearing the sash that marked her as the fiancée of Jaehee. All of them knew of the rule for the heir and also knew that the rule had not been changed. They began protesting and talking amongst each other and this angered Jaehee even though she knew they would question her decision to choose a human mate.

“SILENCE!” Jaehee shouted capturing the attention of all the representatives who were talking amongst each other.

“Who I decide to date is none of your business nor is it an important matter. The Queen and Princess Kyurhee both went into the north because they felt it was their duty to figure out who our enemy is. You have all come to pledge your support haven’t you? Well, then that is all I expect from all of you.” Jaehee’s stern look on all the representatives kept each of them quiet.

Feeling that this meeting had come to an end, the representative from America kneeled before Jaehee as a sign of respect and agreement. The rest of the representatives followed after him and then all of them got up and turned around to leave the throne room. Jaehee let out a sigh of relief and turned to look at Gyuri who had remained quiet this whole time.

“I don’t know how I made it through this but I’m glad it’s over. Let’s go check on my sister.” Jaehee gave Gyuri a smile and extended her hand for the shorter girl.

“Perhaps you shouldn’t have brought me to this meeting. It caused you even more stress.” Gyuri told the taller woman as they walked out of the throne room holding hands.

“I made the right decision so please don’t worry about their comments too much.” Jaehee assured her girlfriend and Gyuri decided it was best to not argue on the issue anymore.

When they arrived at the infirmary, Hyori had healed all of Kyurhee’s wounds and the rogue was still unconscious. Hyori assured Jaehee that Kyurhee was going to be fine but what had her unconscious was exhaustion and failing to eat well. Despite disguising herself as one of Jinyoung’s soldiers, Kyurhee really didn’t eat many of the meals provided to her. She had developed a bit of paranoia because of the fear of being caught and fed poisoned food.

Jaehee ran her right hand down the side of her sister’s face. She wanted to ask the older woman so many things and Jaehee also knew Kyurhee probably had a lot to tell her. Hyori mentioned that Kyurhee would be out cold for a few days, so Jaehee decided it was best to take her sister back home and let her rest there.





The guards and surveillance had been doubled at the main base of the enemy Shadows after the stunt Kyurhee had pulled along side her group members. Jinyoung’s men had easily overwhelmed the five guys and instead of being killed, they had been recaptured. All five were positive that their lives were now hanging by a thread and the decision to be kept alive was going to come from Kim Kwangsoo.

Lord Kwangsoo had been out raged after he had been informed that Kyurhee had been in the base all this time and that she had helped the prisoners escape and almost rescued her parents. The warlock had abruptly ended this speech to the soldiers and rushed to the location of the cave where a furious Jinyoung was waiting for him.

“My Lord!” Jinyoung called out to Kwangsoo when he saw the warlock approach him on his Dreadsteed.

Kwangsoo jumped off his steed and walked past Jinyoung into the cave. The death knight followed behind the warlock. “Did you capture Princess Kyurhee?”

“No. I had her within my grasp but she managed to escape using a hearthstone. I managed to recapture her comrades though.” Jinyoung explained as they made their way up to where the King and Queen were.

“Did she make it all the way here?” Kwangsoo asked as he observed the unconscious couple still chained to the wall. The black orb had increased in size and the Queen’s life stream continued to swirl into the orb.

“I stopped her before she could even enter the cave. That is why she and the rest took off in another direction.” Jinyoung explained once again. He clenched his fists and looked at the ground. If only he had known Kyurhee was so close earlier, he could have had her all to himself by now.

“We need to change our plans now. If Kyurhee had been here for a while, she must know of our plan to invade the south and she will most likely tell Jaehee about it. We need to catch them by surprised before they can prepare.” Kwangsoo said as he turned around to head out of the cave.

Jinyoung was about to follow behind the warlock, but the sudden glow trying to escape from one of the pouches he carried let him know that someone was trying to contact him. Jinyoung pulled out the communication orb and was met with the face of one of his most trusted spies.

“Kyurhee has arrived at the temple but she’s been unconscious since her arrival. I doubt she will speak of anything soon.”

“Thank you.” Jinyoung smiled and the glow of the orb dissipated. He quickly took off running to catch up to Lord Kwangsoo.

“My Lord, I’ve just been informed that Kyurhee has arrived back in the south and is currently unconscious. She might not speak of any of this for days.” Jinyoung informed the man in front of him and an evil smirk spread across Kwangsoo’s face.

“Excellent. Jinyoung, you have one day to prepare one thousand troops. On the second day you will go with them and attack the south. You must also contact the special units and give them the specific orders I will give you soon.” Kwangsoo told the taller man standing behind him.

“Who or what will be our target or goal?” Jinyoung asked.

Kwangsoo turned around and grinned at his general. “Princess Jaehee. It’s time we break her.”






The weekend went by just as fast as it came and Kyurhee remained unconscious even when Monday morning arrived. Jaehee was hoping her sister would wake up before she had to leave for school but it didn’t happen. The younger woman wanted to actually skip school, but Gyuri had reminded her of the special event happening at the university today and of Jaehee’s promise to Jieun.

YG Entertainment had offered Jieun a contract to join their company after the New Year holiday had passed. It was something all of the girls had been happy about because it had always been Jieun’s dream to become a singer. Seungri had also released his album on the first of the year, and a month later his album was still going strong and his duet with Jieun had garnered the girl a lot of attention.

There was going to be a concert at the university today and Jieun would be performing her duet with Seungri. Jaehee had promised her friend that she would attend the event, so even though Jaehee wanted to remain by her sister’s side, she still needed to keep her promise to her friend.

So after Gyuri and Jaehee left for school, Seunghyun and Jiyong had come over to the apartment to keep Kyurhee company. Finally feeling the brightness of the sunshine coming through her bedroom window, Kyurhee began to stir awake. She yawned and stretched her body that had become stiff after being asleep for almost two days.

The warmth and comfort of her bed made her smile as she looked around the room. Slowly, Kyurhee sat up and removed the covers off her to step out of the bed but as soon as she got up, she felt dizzy and sat back down on the edge of the bed. Jiyong had been heating up the soup Gyuri had cooked for the rogue and he and Seunghyun were entering the room when they saw Kyurhee sitting at the edge of the bed.

“Kyurhee! You’re awake!” Seunghyun yelled out in excitement and quickly walked over to bear hug his best friend off the bed. The older woman was surprised by the sudden hug but smiled at the feeling of having her friend’s arms around her.

Jiyong quickly set the tray he was carrying on top of Kyurhee’s dresser and walked over to move his boyfriend out of the way and embrace Kyurhee himself. The rogue hugged Jiyong back and smiled while the warlock happily embraced her and rocked them from side to side.

“We were so worried about you! I’m so glad you’re safe and back home!” Jiyong told her as they rocked back and forth and Seunghyun smiled and nodded in agreement.

Kyurhee pulled away from Jiyong’s embrace. “I was worried about you when I sent the two of you back. I’m glad to see you’re still alive.”

“I wasn’t going to let that poison beat me!” Jiyong giggled and walked over to grab the tray he had brought with him. “Gyuri made this soup for you. It will make you feel better.”

“Gyuri?” Kyurhee raised an eyebrow as she took the tray from Jiyong and grabbed her spoon to take a sip of the warm liquid.

“Yeah, she’s living here with Jaehee now. She was worried about you as well even though the two of you don’t know each other.” Seunghyun explained after taking a seat next to Kyurhee. Jiyong took a seat on the other side of Kyurhee.

“Oh…” Kyurhee muttered and then her eyes lit up at the mention of her sister’s name. “Is Jaehee here?”

Both men shook their heads. “Nope, she wanted to wait for you but there’s a special event going on at the university today and she had promised one of her friends she would attend.” Jiyong explained.

“I need to talk to her. It’s important!” Kyurhee desperately said and tried to stand up but both men sat her back down before she knocked the tray over.

“You just woke up and you’re not at one hundred percent still. Eat your meal and rest. You can talk to Jaehee when she gets back this afternoon.” Jiyong told her but Kyurhee shook her head.

“It can’t wait.” The rogue protested.

“Yes it can.” Seunghyun replied and motioned for her to eat her soup.

“No, it cannot. I’ll eat this soup while I explain to you guys what is going to happen.” Kyurhee said and looked at both of them. Seunghyun and Jiyong looked at each other and then turned to face the older woman sitting in between the two of them. They could tell by her face that whatever she was going to tell them was important.





Jiyeon took in a big breath of fresh air and looked up at the sunny sky after arriving at the university. It was going to be a cool day since it was still winter but spring was approaching soon so the days weren’t as cold as they used to be. The weather this day was going to be perfect for the concert that was going to take place in the afternoon.

Jiyeon skipped along happily with Eunjung following behind her. They weren’t expecting Jieun to be at school today since she most likely had to prepare for her performance later that day, so when Jiyeon spotted her best friend waiting for her at their usual spot, Jiyeon stopped skipping abruptly. A huge grin formed on her face and she started running towards the other girl.

“Jieun!” Jiyeon happily shouted out her best friend’s name and extended her arms to hug her best friend. Jieun smiled at her best friend and caught Jiyeon right in her arms after Jiyeon seemed to jump in order to hug her.

“I thought you weren’t going to be at school today until this afternoon!” Jiyeon said after pulling away from her friend.

“No silly! I will attend classes like normal since I’m just performing one song with Seungri oppa. I haven’t come out with my own music yet.” Jieun told Jiyeon and bopped her forehead. Jiyeon rubbed the sport Jieun had playfully hit.

“Hello Eunjung unni.” Jieun greeted the older girl as Eunjung finally approached both girls. Eunjung gave Jieun a slight nod but remained silent as Jaehee and Gyuri approached the three of them.

The couple greeted all of them and while Gyuri seemed to emerge herself in the conversation between Jiyeon and Jieun, Eunjung walked up to Jaehee and gently tapped the taller woman’s arm. Jaehee turned to look at Eunjung who motioned for her to follow the Guardian. They stepped a few feet away from the other three girls.

“I wanted to thank you for sending some of your people to help the Guardians watch over the city.” Eunjung started off and bowed her head in a respectful manner.

“It’s not a problem Eunjung. I just want to make sure that everyone is safe just like you are.” Jaehee offered the Guardian a smile and Eunjung ree of her own. This caught Jaehee off guard but she maintained her composure. She’s changed since she started going out with Jiyeon…







After Gyuri had joined in on the conversation, Jieun got distracted by Eunjung and Jaehee walking away from the three of them. She had wanted to give the new she had to Jiyeon but that was hard to do with Eunjung around so this was the perfect opportunity. Jiyeon and Gyuri were currently giggling at something one of them said.

“Jiyeon-ah,” Jieun called out her friend’s name and both girls stopped giggling and turned to Jieun. “I know Seungri oppa has been sending you gifts since the two of you went out on that date.”

Jiyeon gasped and motioned for Jieun to quiet down about that. She did not want Eunjung to hear anything that had to do with the young man because Jiyeon did not want her girlfriend to get jealous or think that Jiyeon was cheating on her. Seungri had sent her different gifts, from flowers and chocolate to expensive pieces of clothing, accessories and jewelry. The young girl had been flattered with all the gifts Seungri had sent her but she did not want any of them.

Jiyeon had managed to hide these gifts from Eunjung and had returned them to the singer via Jieun but even with the returned gifts, Seungri still continued to try and woo her. About two weeks had passed since the last time Seungri had sent her something, so when Jieun mentioned him, Jiyeon started to worry. She really hoped he wasn’t going to try and ask her out during the concert or something; it would be embarrassing and Jiyeon did not want to think about what Eunjung would do.

“Yes, but you returned them for me. Jieun, please don’t tell he’s planning something.” Jiyeon worriedly said. “I’ve told him before that I don’t like him and I’m happy with Jungie.”

Gyuri looked back and forth between the two best friends. Jieun kept a straight face for a few seconds before bursting into a fit of giggles. “No! It’s actually good news.”

Jieun held her tummy as she tried to breathe in some air to control her giggles. Jiyeon raised an eyebrow at her best friend. “Good news?”

“Yes Dino! Seungri has found someone new to obsess over.” Jieun grinned and Jiyeon raised both eyebrows in surprise.

“Really?”

“Yeah. He was bummed out last time you shot him down and returned his last gift so he went out drinking with some friends. Taeyang went with him and the next day he told that Seungri had met this girl at the club and they seemed to hit it off. So you don’t have worry about him anymore.” Jieun explained and smiled. Jiyeon let out a sigh of relief. Finally she would lift that weight of hiding something from Eunjung.




Kyurhee had thoroughly explained to Seunghyun and Jiyong everything that she had gone through after they had returned home. The pressing issue out of all of it was the fact that Kwangsoo and Jinyoung were planning to launch an attack on the south. It seemed like their goal was to invade the south and capture Jaehee and herself as well.

The rogue had mentioned that this attack would happen soon and her fear now was that they would try to attack the south before Kyurhee had a chance to warn Jaehee. Alerted by Kyurhee’s words, Seunghyun and Jiyong agreed that it was best to head to the university Jaehee attended and warn her about it. They needed to prepare themselves to defend the city if the enemy decided to attack.

Kyurhee finished her meal and got dressed in order to go see Jaehee but before they even started off Seunghyun’s car; the rogue decided it was best to head to the temple instead. She could go and warn Jaehee herself while Seunghyun prepared all of the soldiers and planned how to defend the city. Seoul would be the first place Kwangsoo would want to attack seeing as how it was the Royal Family’s hometown.

After arriving at the temple, Kyurhee headed directly to the armory which caught Seunghyun and Jiyong by surprise. They thought their friend wanted the Commander of the Royal Army to gather the troops first but it seemed Kyurhee had other plans. On their way to the armory, the three of them crossed paths with Hyori who was headed towards the temple.

Kyurhee stopped in front of the shadow priestess who gasped but offered the Princess a genuine smile. “Kyurhee, I’m glad to see you’re awake now. Jaehee was really worried about you after you fell unconscious.”

“They told me that you healed me after I fainted and Jaehee brought me to the infirmary. Thank you.” Kyurhee bowed before the shadow priestess once again. Hyori was flattered by the Princess’s gratitude.

“Please accompany us while we go to the armory. I need to retrieve my weapons and explain to you what’s going on. We will need everyone and since mother is not here, you’re in charge of the priests.” Kyurhee told the older woman and Hyori simply nodded her head.

It didn’t take long for the four of them to get to the armory and in that little bit of time; Kyurhee explained to Hyori that there was going to be a massive attack happening soon. Hyori was surprised to hear who was behind the attack and that there was going to be an attack happening as well.

Kyurhee headed directly towards the back of the armory where all of the weapons of the Royal Family members were kept. Before she had left, she had considered taking the daggers her father had granted her with, but Kyurhee had decided it was best to just use some of the other daggers she had. The only weapon that was missing before she left as well was her father’s sword. Now Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest was gone and this meant that her mother had taken it before leaving.

“Fangs of the Father. Golad, Twilight of the Aspects and Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages…how I missed the two of you.” Kyurhee said as she picked up both daggers from inside the case they had been placed in. The daggers seemed to come to life as the rogue held them in her hands.

They were illustrious weapons, bearing different shades of red, purple and blue with a bright orange glowing center in both. They were shaped similar yet different at the same time and they were the most powerful daggers any rogue could ever desire to bear. Magically enchanted, they offered Kyurhee abilities she could not reach on her own.

“I guess the time has come for us to wear our best armor and wield our greatest weapons.” Seunghyun mentioned as he stepped up to Kyurhee and her daggers. He moved his eyes to look at the majestic axe glowing brightly in its holder. “What about Shadowmourne?”

“Shadowmourne will remain here. It’s Jaehee’s job to come get her weapon. The three of you should go and get ready as well. My instinct tells me that the attack is happening soon, very soon.” Kyurhee told them and all three Shadows bowed in respect. 






In the north, Jinyoung and the one thousand soldiers that Kwangsoo had given him were quickly riding their way down south on their mounts. These mounts moved at an incredible speed, faster than any vehicle could have taken them. Behind them, the sky was going from bright and sunny to dark and clouded. Thunder and lightning ruled the sky as they rode farther down.

Jinyoung had prepared everything in order to assure his victory on this day. The soldiers behind him were highly trained, and his spies in the south were ready to do his dirty work. Today would be a day no one would ever forget. It would be the beginning of the end.