Chapter Thirty Three

Masquerade

 The dark and quiet surroundings of the room had Hyori wondering just how long she had been sleeping. Her body was stiff from lying on the floor all night, but besides that the priestess felt fine. The dark aura of the room had completely rejuvenated Hyori. She stood up and looked at her surroundings barely illuminated by the purple glow of the dark energies.

 

Junseop laid on the stone podium, still unconscious, and Hyori's driver was asleep in the corner of the room across from her. The priestess walked over and nudge the man's thigh with her foot to wake him up. The man let out a gasp and looked up to see Hyori hovering over him.

 

“How are you feeling?” Hyori asked him.

 

“Aside from the soreness of sitting in this room, I feel fine.” He replied.

 

“Good. I need to contact Jinyoung.” Hyori headed for the door and slowly opened it to allow her eyes to slowly adjust to the much brighter lights of the room that lead to their current location. Her driver followed closely behind.

 

Hyori's confidence level was rising as she headed to her quarters. It didn't matter how many hours or days had passed since she had been in the dark room. No one knew the truth about that night and a broken Crown Princess would be no match for Lord Kwangsoo's army. Red irises shined brightly and a smirk adorned the Shadow Priestess's features. Soon...soon...

 

 

 

 

 

“Jaehee wait! Wait up!” Kyurhee yelled at her sister as she ran after the younger woman.

 

Jaehee's rage radiated all around her body to the point where Kyurhee could feel it. The death knight had ran away from everyone at the funeral just moments ago and was heading towards the armory. Kyurhee knew exactly what her sister wanted and was going to do.

 

Shadowmourne glowed brightly in Jaehee's hand after she basically ripped it off its holder. The weapon had linked itself with her and her emotions long ago, and in her current state, the mighty ax was one with Jaehee. The look the younger woman gave to her sister assured Kyurhee what she was thinking. Jaehee walked out of the armory in her true form, eyes glowing brightly and her imposing horns adorning her head.

 

Kyurhee sighed and reached for her daggers. She needed to stop her sister from doing something that she would regret later on, so for the first time in years, Kyurhee went into her true form as well. Her eyes glowed as purple as the dark energies that empowered her, and unlike Jaehee's horns that pointed up, Kyurhee's horns jutted upwards and then downwards like a wave that pointed behind her.

 

 

 

 

 

Soyeon was tending to Jiyeon's weary state after her vision and Eunjung was holding her girlfriend in her arms. Jieun hovered over both women worriedly and everyone else in attendance wasn't sure what to do after Jaehee took off in a fit of rage. The funeral had not gone how they expected.

 

“Isn't Hyori still in the dark room?” Jiyong asked himself.

 

“Junseop!” Sangchu took off towards the dark room remembering that his husband was in there too. He had been too shocked after the vision to react so Jiyong's voice finally broke him out of his state.

 

Hwayoung scratched the back of her head. Her eyes had darted towards Sangchu after he had ran past her towards the temple. Biting her lip, the warrior looked over at her fellow Guardians. “Guys...what do we do now?”

 

There wasn't a response to Hwayoung's question because the intensity of Jaehee and Kyurhee's powers suddenly overwhelmed the entire area of the funeral. Sangchu stopped running as well when he felt the dark energy coming off the sisters in their true forms. The sisters were headed in the direction of the temple which led to the dark room where Hyori supposedly was or so they thought.

 

 

 

 

“Do you feel that?” Hyori's driver asked as they neared the warrior's training area. They had to cross through there to get to the priests' training grounds.

 

Hyori stopped walking and turned around to face her driver. Her red eyes burned even brighter as she revealed her true form to her driver. Devil like horns appeared on the sides of her head and a purple aura encased her body. She offered her driver a nod and turned back around to face the direction they were headed in.

 

“Run.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon's body began to glow brightly with the light. She was sitting up without Eunjung's support but the intensity of Jaehee and Kyurhee's dark energy had awakened Jiyeon's own light energy. The human girl stood up and allowed her powers to reach the Guardians and Jieun as if to protect them from the dark energies.

 

Everyone had their eyes fixated on the sisters as they came to a full stop before reaching the building that pertained to the warriors. There next to the building, Hyori and her driver had stopped their trek towards the priests' grounds. The Shadow Priestess had a powerful dark aura around her as well, but it couldn't compare to the sisters' aura.

 

“HYORI!” Jaehee's scream boomed deeply and loud enough for everyone to hear her clearly. The death knight's knuckles turned white as she gripped Shadowmourne even tighter than before.

 

Hyori turned to face Jaehee and held her head high. Hyori's driver on the other hand was shocked. Hyori had obviously been aware of something when she told him to run and this was it. Despite being unarmed, his duty was to protect the priestess at all cost so he moved to take a defensive stance in front of Hyori.

 

“Jaehee...?” The tone was part question and part statement.

 

“I know you killed her! I SAW EVERYTHING.” Jaehee's voice still boomed low.

 

Hyori's breath hitched. She knew the powerful aura belonged to Jaehee when she had told her driver to run, but this news was unexpected. How was it possible that Jaehee knew everything? No one knew the truth except herself, her driver, Jinyoung and his men.

 

Jaehee took some steps closer to the priestess and Kyurhee followed closely behind her sister. The crowd behind them stood still, not a single movement or word was said as they waited to see what was going to happen.

 

“Why? WHY DID YOU KILL HER?!” Jaehee's voice broke at last as tears rolled down her face. “Why did you...take her from me?”

 

Hyori let out the breath she was holding and grinned proudly. “Because she was in my way.”

 

Jaehee's jaw trembled in rage at Hyori's response. Kyurhee looked over at her sister then at Hyori while clenching her jaw tightly. This wasn't good.

 

“She had been in my way since the day you met her and blindly fell for her. You see Jaehee, you were always meant to be mine. Your mother thought so as well, she arranged our marriage, but then she broke that promise by allowing you to date that filthy human! But now that she's dead, I will get to keep you all to myself.” The look of satisfaction on Hyori's face caused Jaehee's entire body to tremble.

 

It didn't help that Hyori continued. “It felt so good to drive Frostmourne through her body. To see the life leave her body. To see her soul being ripped away from her body by Jinyoung...”

 

“STOP IT!” Jaehee screamed and used one of her spells to pull Hyori's driver towards her. The man flew high up into the air as a magical hand grasped his torso and pulled him towards the death knight. In an upwards swing of her ax, Jaehee connected the blunt side of her ax on the man's chin and sent him flying backwards. He landed head first onto the ground and his limp body landed awkwardly.

 

Kyurhee and everyone else gasped at the sound of the man's neck snapping as he landed on the ground. The rogue even returned to her human form in shock. Hyori seemed unfazed by what Jaehee had just done and kept the smug look on her face. Inside the priestess was trembling though. It wasn't supposed to go like this at all.

 

Jaehee was supposed to be broken and depressed. Unable to do anything but mourn the loss of her girlfriend, allowing Hyori to simply contact Jinyoung and allow Lord Kwangsoo's army to take care of the rest. Instead, Jaehee had been taken over by rage and revenge. If Hyori had planned to deceive the death knight all this time, karma had come and bit her back.

 

After seeing what Hyori had done thanks to Jiyeon's vision, Jaehee could no longer hold it in. Her rage was fueling her beyond all imagination. She had been too docile, too complacent. Her father's disappearance was the first straw, but then all of the sudden all these other straws had been drawn and at no point in time did she do anything to prevent any of it. Gyuri's death had been the last straw.

 

Jaehee took a step towards Hyori and then another. “I won't allow you to hurt me or anyone any longer...”

 

Hyori dropped the smug look on her face and took a step back. The priestess clenched her right fist and pulled it back a bit before moving it forward and opening her fist to cast a spell. A blue stream stretched from Hyori's hand towards Jaehee's head. Mind Flay was supposed to slow down Jaehee but it seemed as though it wasn't even hurting the death knight.

 

Jaehee swung her weapon at Hyori as she neared her but it bounced off the protective shield the priestess cast on herself just seconds before. Hyori backed away and began casting all her damaging spells on Jaehee to stop her but nothing seemed to work. Luckily for the priest, her shield held steady every time the death knight swung at her.

 

Frustrated, Jaehee even began casting her own magical spells on Hyori but her shield held strong and steady. Regaining her composure, Kyurhee returned to her true form and sprinted towards her sister to parry the death knight's swing of her weapon.

 

Jaehee swung at Kyurhee for trying to stop her and the rogue blocked and parried the attacks. “Jaehee stop it! Killing Hyori is the easy way out! It won't make you any better than her!”

 

“I don't care Kyurhee! She deserves it!”

 

“You're not a murderer! You're nothing like her no matter what she deserves! Let her rot in prison for the rest of her life!”

 

Jaehee stopped moving and looked at her sister and then at Hyori who was trying to catch her breath. A dagger suddenly flew through the air and struck Jaehee's left shoulder. A second dagger followed and stabbed her on her right shoulder. Jaehee's eyes darted to both daggers and quickly froze her blood.

 

With her left hand, Jaehee pulled out the dagger on right and then she pulled out the one on her left shoulder. A rogue suddenly appeared next to Hyori and grabbed her arm to pull her away from the scene. A shower of arrows followed, flying down to where Kyurhee and Jaehee were and the rest to where the group from the funeral was standing at.

 

Sangchu was also caught up in the arrows as he wasn't too far from Jaehee and Kyurhee. He managed to dodge the arrows and run towards the temple once more. The warrior needed to make sure Hyori had not killed Junseop earlier like she had done with Gyuri.

 

Eunjung relinquished her disguise and used her wide buster sword to protect Jiyeon, Jieun and herself from the arrows falling down on them. Soyeon and Qri cast their light and ice shields respectively while everyone else tried to dodge the arrows as best as they could. A few people were struck but no one was mortally wounded.

 

Sensing someone behind her, Kyurhee vanished and the rogues planning on attacking struck nothing but air. Those that attacked Jaehee tried to stab her, but the daggers simply bounced off the death knight's frozen body. Jaehee swung her ax around striking one of the rogues but the other two dodged the attack.

 

Kyurhee suddenly appeared and in rapid succession struck all three rogues who tried to attack her and revealed themselves with their attacks. More rogues appeared around the group near the funeral and the sound of warriors running towards them alerted everyone. Shadows and Guardians alike engaged in a battle with those who were aiding Hyori.

 

Eunjung blocked the attacks of two warriors while protecting Jiyeon and Jieun. Boram was fighting off rogues with her own daggers and both Seunghyun and Hwayoung had taken the weapons from enemy warriors to fight off the rest. Qri and Jiyong stood side by side firing their fireballs and shadow bolts respectively.

 

As Kyurhee found herself distracted by both rogues and warriors, Jaehee had taken off after Hyori and the rogue who had attacked her earlier. It didn't surprise her that there were more traitors in the ranks of her army. Clearly, Hyori had worked her charms on these people long ago in order to get them on her side.

 

Jaehee used her Gorefiend's Grasp to pull Hyori towards her, but the rogue got in front of the magical hand and allowed himself to be pulled back. The second the hand disappeared and before Jaehee's strike could hit him, the rogue vanished and reappeared next to Jaehee. He kicked the back of the death knight's knee making her lose her balance and then he connected a left punch to Jaehee's face.

 

Knowing that the rogue had distracted Jaehee, Hyori kept running towards the priests' training grounds. She passed up the group of priests that were running towards the funeral area to aid their comrades in battle. They saluted Hyori as she passed them.

 

The priests arrived to see Jaehee strike the rogue finally dealing him with a life ending wound. Not allowing the death knight to notice their arrival, all fifteen priests concentrated their attacks towards Jaehee. Hyori's single Mind Flay had not stopped Jaehee but all of the concentrated attacks from the priests stopped her completely to the point where she couldn't even move towards them.

 

Hyemi, who had been tending to those who had been struck by the arrows, was shocked to see priests that she had trained with attacking the princess. It was already bad enough that all these other warriors and rogues had betrayed the royal family, but her own friends had become traitors. Enraged, Hyemi took off towards them and unleashed her own spells on the priests.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyori had passed the warriors' training grounds and a few hundred feet from her stood the priests' training grounds. There in her quarters she would use the hearthstone she was saving to teleport away from the temple and to Lord Kwangsoo's camp. Her run came to a halt as three spinning rays of light struck her one after the other.

 

Hyori fell to the ground but quickly recovered to see who had attacked her all of them sudden. Three more spinning rays of lights flew towards her, but this time she Shadow priestess cast her shield to protect her from the attacks.

 

“Light priestess... what do you think you're doing?” Hyori smirked at Soyeon who had somehow been able to catch up to her without being noticed.

 

“Stopping you.” Soyeon replied.

 

Hyori chuckled. “Tell me Light priestess... do you want her for yourself as well?”

 

Soyeon frowned at Hyori's question and the Shadow priestess laughed once more. “Don't think I haven't noticed you either.”

 

The blue stream that was Mind Flay flew towards Soyeon, but she cast her own shield and the attack bounced off of it. Soyeon launched her own attacks at Hyori without responding to her comments and both began trading attacks. The contrast of their battle was an interesting site to see as Dark and Light clashed against each other.

 

Frustrated by the continued stand still created by their attacks and shields, Hyori rushed towards Soyeon and tackled the human priestess. If her spells wouldn't work, perhaps her punches would. A right jab struck Soyeon's jaw and it was followed by a left jab that struck her right eye. Soyeon somehow managed to raise up one of her legs and kicked Hyori off of her.

 

Soyeon then swung her own right uppercut at a distracted Hyori, causing the shadow priestess to fall back onto the ground. Quickly, Soyeon unleashed her Holy Nova, and the dome of light spread away from the priestess and hit Hyori entirely. The light burned the shadow priestess who screamed in pain. The High Priestess of the Guardians struck Hyori again with another spell, but despite the pain, Hyori fought back.

 

A dark tendril erupted from the ground and grabbed Soyeon's waist lifting the priestess up into the air and swinging her around wildly. Soyeon tried to pry the tendril off of her but its erratic movements made it almost impossible. Hyori grinned at the sight and began casting more of her dark spells.

 

 

 

 

The attacks that Hyemi had launched on the priests attacking Jaehee had helped the death knight gain her composure. Using the distraction, Jaehee struck one of the priests with her ax and when she turned to the second, several shadow bolts struck the priest. The sight of her army, those who were loyal to her and her family had finally arrived to aid in the battle. While Hyori had gained many strong allies, her best and loyal warriors highly outnumbered those attacking them at the moment.

 

Rogues, warriors, warlocks, priests and death knights that resided in the temple had now joined the battle. The remaining traitors had no place to run or hide and one by one were struck down. Jaehee turned to look at those who had been fighting near the funeral area and noticed that the Guardians were fighting alongside her people. A feeling of content suddenly encased her and for a minute, her rage had disappeared as well as her true form.

 

The winds suddenly shifted, blowing hard and strong with a chill that burned. Speckles of snow started falling slowly at first but then became angry with the help of the wind. Jaehee's eyes scanned the funeral area and finally noticed the creator of the blizzard currently striking the entire area. There, next to Jiyong who seemed to be protecting her, stood Qri with her arms above her channeling one of the most powerful mage spells.

 

 

 

 

The tendril that had swung Soyeon around wildly had given Hyori the chance to unleash all of her spells on the Light priestess. Soyeon laid on the ground barely struggling to get up as Hyori continued to burn Soyeon's mind with Mind Flay. Unable to protect herself earlier because of the tendril, Soyeon laid at Hyori's mercy.

 

The cold wind and snow was striking Hyori fiercely but she refused to let it stop her from taking out Soyeon. It was only a matter of time now before the priestess succumbed to the spell Hyori was channeling.

 

“One more and you'll be as dead as Gyuri.” Hyori murmured to herself. Right as she began to intensify her spell, Kyurhee tackled Hyori. Once on the ground, Kyurhee threw a punch that connected with Hyori's face. The priestess still managed to fight back and used her Shadow Word: Pain to strike Kyurhee's face.

 

The pain that wrapped around Kyurhee's face caused her to fall back and off of Hyori. A hideous tentacled beast jumped on the rogue's chest and began striking her with it's tentacles. Kyurhee used her daggers to repeatedly stab the vile creature until it died and rolled off her. By now the blizzard had subsided and the army, along with Jaehee and the Guardians surrounded all three women.

 

“Unni!” Jiyeon shouted as she headed for Soyeon and turned the unconscious priestess around. The Guardians huddled around Jiyeon and Soyeon with worried looks on their faces and Eunjung and Jieun stood next to them.

 

Jiyeon held Soyeon tightly against her and began using her powers to heal the High Priestess. Jaehee walked over to Kyurhee and helped her sister stand up while Hyori eyed everyone who had surrounded her. Those who had sided with her were dead and she had nowhere to run anymore.

 

“Give up Hyori. You can't run away and you sure as hell can't win.” Kyurhee told her taking a few steps towards Hyori.

 

Eunjung stepped away from her Guardians and walked to stand next to Kyurhee. “And if you refuse to give up, I will strike you down myself for almost killing one of my Guardians.”

 

Kyurhee side eyed Eunjung who was side eyeing Kyurhee for a moment before focusing back on Hyori. Jaehee moved to stand on the other side of Kyurhee but said nothing. Hyori stared at all three women and grinned. A light chuckle started building in , growing louder as she increased the laughter. The maniacal laughter suddenly stopped and horrific scream escaped Hyori's lips.

 

Jaehee and Kyurhee covered their ears with their hands to try and block the sound but everyone else began screaming in pain at the sound. The sisters knew this spell well, their mother had the most horrific sounding one they had ever heard, but Hyori's seemed to be on another level all of the sudden.

Eunjung stood still trying to withstand the scream but she seemed to be having trouble doing so.

 

The Guardian could see in her peripheral vision that Jaehee and Kyurhee were trying their hardest to withstand the scream but even they were having trouble. Visions slowly started plaguing Eunjung's mind. Her Guardians lying dead on the ground in pools of blood and in the middle of them Jiyeon's lifeless body laid in her own pool of blood as well.

 

Eunjung looked at her hands and blood covered them completely. Blood also covered her sword and when she looked down at her body she noticed that the blood was completely covering her as well. How could she have done such a horrific thing like murdering everyone she cared for and loved. It was impossible. It was just an effect of Hyori's horrifying scream.

 

“Eunjung! Eunjung!” Jaehee and Kyurhee's voices finally broke through the Guardian but it was too late for any of them to react. Three tendrils erupted from the ground and took a hold of the sisters and Eunjung.

 

Because of the erratic and wild movements of the tendrils, all three lost their weapons. Eunjung had her guns on the sides of her thighs but with the tendril having her arms locked inside its grasp she couldn't reach for them. Kyurhee tried punching the tendril but it was useless. Jaehee froze her blood and allowed it to began freezing her body in order to try and freeze the tendril that a had a hold of her.

 

Somehow, the death knight finally managed to strike the tendril with her Howling Blast, freezing part of the tendril tentacle and breaking it with a hard punch. Jaehee fell to the ground hard but despite the pain of the fall, she stood up quickly and cast the spell to summon her Rune Sword. She began to approach Hyori who stood still with a smile on her face.

 

“You've won Jaehee. Congratulations and don't ever forget that I always loved you.” Hyori relaxed and kept the smile on her face waiting for Jaehee to finally strike her.

 

“The feeling is not mutual.” Jaehee said and pulled her arms back and the rune sword followed by moving back. Jaehee suddenly moved her arms forward and the magical sword flew forward so fast that Hyori didn't even feel it stab through her torso the same way she had stabbed Gyuri with Frostmourne.

 

Jaehee's face was the last image in Hyori's eyes before everything went black and life left her body. The rune sword disappeared and Hyori's body fell forward on the ground. The tendrils holding onto Kyurhee and Eunjung disappeared and the two of them fell to the ground. They recovered quickly and Kyurhee made her way towards her sister while Eunjung walked over to Jiyeon and the Guardians.

 

Kyurhee placed her hand on Jaehee's right shoulder and gave it a loving squeeze. Jaehee placed her left hand over her sister's hand and nodded. “Everyone, please gather the bodies and set them on fire right here with Hyori's.”

 

The Shadows, who had now managed to recuperate from Hyori's scream, saluted and went off to do what Jaehee had asked of them. Seunghyun and Jiyong walked over to Jaehee and did the same as Kyurhee by patting Jaehee's back and in Jiyong's case hugging the taller woman's waist.

 

 

 

 

 

“Is everyone okay?” Eunjung asked as she approached her Guardians.

 

“Yes, I think we'll survive.” Taeyang replied while holding Jieun tightly against him. Eunjung looked over at him and realized she had forgotten he was there.

 

“Yeah, we're fine.” Boram replied.

 

“Though I did see horrible things.” Hwayoung mentioned.

 

“Effects from the scream.” Qri added. The other Guardians nodded in agreement assuring Eunjung that they were okay.

 

“Jiyeon?” Eunjung pushed Jiyeon's bangs away from her eyes and her girlfriend nodded.

 

“My powers managed to block out her scream and they protected Soyeon as well. I've healed her but she's still unconscious.” Jiyeon said as she continued to gently rub the priestess's forehead.

 

 

 

 

“She knew she was outnumbered. She should have given up.” Kyurhee handed Jaehee her ax and the younger woman didn't bother to look over at her sister.

 

“I killed her without using my weapon. Be happy that it ended this way.” Jaehee's comment wasn't spiteful towards her sister even though it sounded as such. The younger woman handed her ax back to Kyurhee and walked away from her older sister.

 

Jaehee approached the Guardians, and since they sensed her aura before she neared them, they turned to face her expectantly. She stood before them and bowed in apology. “I'm sorry about what just happened. It's something that none of you had to be a part of, but for your help, I'm grateful.”

 

“It was the least we could do. You know that we have your back.” Eunjung offered her hand to Jaehee and the Shadow shook it.

 

“Unfortunately Soyeon was injured, so it is best if we return home. She needs time to recuperate and the Light there will help her.” Eunjung continued and turned to walk back towards Jiyeon and Soyeon.

 

Jaehee followed the Guardian and crouched down to take a look at the unconscious priestess. “Jiyeon, thank you for showing me the truth about Gyuri.”

 

Jiyeon bowed at Jaehee as best as she could while still holding Soyeon. “Those images will remain with me forever. I'm really sorry it happened in such a terrible way. I...”

 

“It's okay Jiyeon. You don't have to explain... I know. Please, let me carry Soyeon back to your vehicle.” Jaehee moved her arms to pick up Soyeon and Jiyeon let go of the priestess.

 

Jaehee led the Guardians back to their vehicles while carrying Soyeon in her arms. The priestess had been so courageous taking on Hyori and as strong as Soyeon was, it had surprised Jaehee to see that Hyori had managed to gain the upper hand on Soyeon. But after everything Hyori had done, and the time she had spent training under Jaehee's mother, nothing should have really surprised her when it came to Hyori.

 

With the help of Eunjung, Jaehee laid Soyeon on the back seat of the Jeep Eunjung had driven to the temple. Jiyeon took her seat on the front and the rest of the Guardians headed for the rest of the vehicles. Taeyang and Jieun stopped next to the vehicle and said their goodbyes to Jaehee.

 

“I'm sorry about everything unni. Thanks to everyone and Taeyang we're okay I promise. Please keep in touch.” Jieun wrapped her arms around Jaehee's waist and hugged the taller woman tightly.

 

“Thank you Jieun. And I'm sorry you keep getting stuck in all these battles that you shouldn't be a part of. I will make sure to keep in touch okay.” Jaehee hugged Jieun back and when the younger girl finally let go of her, Jaehee acknowledged Taeyang.

 

“Thank you for keeping her safe.” Jaehee shook the man's hand.

 

“Always.” He replied and turned to Eunjung, “Boram offered us a ride back to Jieun's house. We'll see you guys later.”

 

The couple waved their goodbyes and got into Boram's Jeep. When it pulled off behind the rest of the Guardian's vehicles, Eunjung finally turned to Jaehee. After what had just happened, it was obvious Jaehee was going to make her move. The entire ordeal within the Shadows had to end.

 

“What happens now?” Eunjung asked.

 

“I can no longer sit idle. I'm moving the army into the north tonight. I will finish this once and for all.” Jaehee's determination was impressive even after everything that had just happened.

 

“If you need our help-”

 

“No. I don't want to involve you or your Guardians with this anymore. Please don't take this as if I don't appreciate anymore help, but I rather my people and I take care of this. Plus, we can't leave the city unprotected. Kwangsoo might still have men and women down here waiting to strike.”

 

Eunjung didn't argue with Jaehee. She simply nodded. “I understand. Don't worry about us or the city. We have that covered. Good luck.”

 

“Thank you Eunjung.” Jaehee bowed at Eunjung and the Guardian repeated the notion.

 

Eunjung walked over to the driver's side of the car, got it in, and pulled away to head back home. Jaehee watched the vehicle drive away until she could no longer spot it. The Shadow let out a sigh and turned around to head back to the funeral site.

 

Hyori's body and the traitors' bodies all burned brightly in a large pile. The green flames were high and mighty as they burned. Seunghyun had asked everyone to return to their quarters for the moment and only he and Jiyong stood near the fire. Hyemi and Kyurhee had cleaned Gyuri's body, which had been covered by the snow created by Qri's blizzard. The snow that had fallen on the ground had melted fairly quickly and only patches remained.

 

Jaehee ran a hand down Gyuri's face. “I have a shovel by the tree in my personal training grounds. I will bury her there on my own. Hyemi, please go check on Sangchu and Junseop. Kyurhee, take Seunghyun and Jiyong with you to the temple and wait for me there.”

 

“Yes princess.”

 

“Got it sis. See you there.”

 

Jaehee watched them walk away and then moved her arms underneath Gyuri's body to pick her up and carry her to the site of her burial. The large tree that was right next to her personal training grounds would serve as the final resting place for the woman she loved. It would also serve as a headstone.

 

Jaehee gently laid Gyuri's body down on the ground when she finally arrived by the tree. Earlier that morning, Jaehee had moved a casket by the tree, in which she placed Gyuri in after opening it. Taking the shovel that was resting on the trunk of the tree, Jaehee began digging a hole deep and big enough for the casket to go in.

 

As she dug hard unto the ground, her emotions finally got the best of her and Jaehee's body gave into the sorrow and pain. She fell to her knees and let the tears flow.