lazy mornings and late breakfasts

Namjin Drabbles

“Namjoon. Namjoonie. Joonie. JoonJoon. Kim Namjoon!” all Jin got in response to his attempts to wake up his sleeping boyfriend was a small grunt and some shuffling from where he was buried under the sheets and blankets. Jin groaned and pouted. He rolled over and sat on top of Namjoon, in the hopes of squishing him awake, because well, it might work okay? Instead of waking him up, all Jin got was a face full of wrinkled bedsheets as Namjoon turned over in his half sleep state and flipped Jin over, landing him face first onto the bed. Jin just lay there for a while trying to think of more ways to wake up the sleeping monster(haha get it) until he got a great idea.

 

He popped up with a huge grin and ran into the bathroom and grabbed one of those toy syringes that kids play with (don’t question why they have it, it’s just something you’d probably rather not know). He filled it to the brim with cold water and went back into the room, careful not to spill any on the carpet. He sneaked up to Namjoon’s (still) sleeping form and started trickling the cold water down his neck slowly.

 

A loud shriek was heard throughout the house as Jin laughed his head off. Namjoon had flipped out and fell off their shared bed when he was (rudely) awakened. Jin peeked his head over the edge of the bed and smiled down at Namjoon.

 

“About time you woke up, I was waiting for you so we could have breakfast, but now it’s almost noon.” Jin teased Namjoon as he sat on the floor still slightly shell-shocked from the cold water on his neck.

 

“You’re so lucky I love you,” was the first thing to come out of Namjoon’s mouth when he finally snapped out of his daze. Jin grinned and hopped off the bed to drag Namjoon to the bathroom to brush his teeth. As Namjoon brushed his teeth, Jin took the time to shave, as he forgot to when he woke up a few hours back. The scene was cutely domestic and it was a comfortable silence as Namjoon spit out the foam from the toothpaste and Jin washed the leftover shaving cream off his face when he was done.

 

“Okay! Time to make breakfast. Well, time for me to make breakfast, and time for you to stay out of my way and set the table.” Jin stretched and headed towards the kitchen as Namjoon pattered after him like a lost child. They entered the kitchen and Jin gave Namjoon the time to grab two plates, two forks, and two mugs. As Namjoon escaped Jin’s domain into safety in the dining room where he had a smaller chance of burning the house down, Jin grabbed his apron and set on making pancakes and coffee. He decided to throw in two omelettes as well, because why not, he was hungry okay? He grabbed everything he needed and started making (a rather late) breakfast.

 

He was almost done and the smell of fresh pancakes had successfully permeated the house, luring Namjoon near the doorway of the kitchen.

 

“Are they done yet?” Namjoon asked eagerly, not daring to step inside the room in fear of somehow managing to mess up the pancakes.

 

“Almost, go sit down, I just need to flip this last one and I’ll bring them out, okay?” Jin waved Namjoon off with his spatula and finished flipping his pancakes. He put the used dishes in the sink and brought the plate of freshly done pancakes to the table, along with two omelettes on a plate and a pot of coffee. The moment he set the food on the table, he heard a low growl coming from Namjoon’s stomach. Jin looked up and laughed as he caught Namjoon’s eye.

 

“Oh shut up, I’m hungry!” Namjoon said, pretending to be annoyed, but eventually breaking character and laughing along.

 

“Alright, let’s eat! You took so long to wake up this morning, and I am very hungry.” Jin said as he started on his large pile of pancakes. Namjoon only stuck out his tongue and started on his own considerably smaller pile. They spent their breakfast talking about nonsensical things, as they never ran out of topics, even if they don’t really connect to the previous topics.

 

They couldn’t help but both think that life was perfect just like this.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 So, another drabble yay! Wow this was actually a pretty fast update, albeit somewhat short, but I was hit with the namjin feels once again, as one does, so this was born. Hope you enjoyed and please feel free to leave a comment ^-^ 

-Chrystiemallow