jimin and jogging?

Namjin Drabbles

Namjoon groaned as his eyes adjusted to the light of the morning sun filtering through the window blinds of his bedroom. Why was he awake? Well this was a question that had no answer other than there was possibly this one really hot jogger that passed by the park near his apartment every morning and Namjoon might’ve possibly grown a huge crush on said hot jogger over the months even though he didn’t know his name.

 

It was currently 7:30 am, and Namjoon crawled out of his cave to get ready and seem somewhat presentable for the day. As he did so, he looked out his window to do his daily creepy stalking scanning of the park below. He noticed that today, the jogger that ran through this path and his mind daily wasn’t here yet. Usually, he’d be making his runs around this time, but something might’ve just come up. Not that it was any of his business. Namjoon only shrugged and went along with his day.

 

It was currently noon, and Namjoon had been forced into the outside world by Park Jimin, aka the most muscular squish™ he knew. Jimin had the face of a 10 year old, but the body of an exercise god, which in turn made him just slightly terrifying at times. He had been pestering Namjoon to get outside and feel the fresh air instead of staying cooped up indoors daydreaming about his jogging prince (seriously why did Namjoon think it was a good idea to tell him about the jogger he may or may not have a crush on) for the past few weeks. And so here he was, in the park downstairs and listening to Jimin prattle on about something Yoongi did the other day. He breathed in the air and looked at the sky. He had to admit that Jimin might be right, fresh air and sunshine probably did do some good for him.

 

He dozed off a few times as he listened to Jimin’s voice. Eventually Jimin stopped talking and they just looked at the scenery in a comfortable silence.

 

That comfortable silence didn’t last very long, as Namjoon noticed a very familiar figure heading towards them. He squinted to make sure he wasn’t wrong and wouldn’t make a fuss over nothing, but yep it was most definitely Mr. Hot Jogger, and Namjoon needed to leave right now or he might just accidentally gawk at him awkwardly and make them both uncomfortable. He tugged on Jimin’s sleeve and tried to tell him he wanted to leave without pointing out the jogger, or else Jimin would never let him live this down, but Jimin just didn’t get it. Frustrated, he stood up quickly in an attempt to drag Jimin inside, but of course he picked the worst moment to stand up.

 

His stomach collided with Mr. Jogger’s elbow just as he had passed by and Namjoon made an embarrassing squeak as he fell to the ground.

 

“Oh my god, are you okay? I am so sorry, oh my god, do you need an ambulance or a doctor? Oh my god, please don’t sue me, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” Mr. Jogger spoke as he pulled to an immediate stop and bent down to help Namjoon up. Instead of responding like a normal person, Namjoon just gaped at him like the lovesick idiot he was.

 

“Hello? Are you okay, can you hear me?” Mr. Jogger asked worriedly as Namjoon kept staring with his mouth open. Jimin snickered from behind Namjoon, and he snapped out of his trance.

 

“Oh my god I’m so sorry I stood up at the wrong time and I saw you coming and I’m fine thank you for asking and oh my god you spoke to me.” was the first thing to come out of his mouth. Real smooth Namjoon. He slapped a hand over his mouth and turned red as he realized what he just said. Jimin laughed even harder in the background, and Park Jimin you little I will get you back one day. Mr. Jogger just looked at him for a few seconds before bursting into laughter.

 

“Glad to know you’re okay. And, well I think if you smash into someone it’s proper to speak to them, isn’t it?” he smiled at Namjoon and Namjoon swore he melted right then and there.

 

“Right. Um. This might sound weird, but what’s your name?” Namjoon coughed out awkwardly, still slightly pink.

 

“Kim Seokjin, but my friends call me Jin. What’s yours? And your friend behind you too, what’s your name?” Jin (even his name was music to his ears, oh god Namjoon was in way too deep) replied, acknowledging Jimin as well.

 

“I’m Park Jimin, and this goofball here is Kim Namjoon.” Jimin stopped laughing and answered for him.

 

“Nice to meet you guys, Jimin, Namjoon. Well I would love to stay and chat some more, but I have to get home before my cat destroys my curtains again. Again, I’m sorry for running into you, I should’ve been more careful, but at least you’re okay. See you guys again around sometime I guess! Bye!” and Jin sprinted out of the park. Namjoon was still in a daze and still didn’t quite believe what just happened.

 

“Kim Seokjin, huh? I guess I see why you like him so much. He definitely looks like a prince. Well good for you Namjoon, you finally talked to your jogging prince charming!” Jimin commented with that cheeky smile of his, eyes curled up into tiny crescents. Namjoon didn’t feel like replying and just stood up and brushed himself off. He walked back up into his apartment and ignored Jimin’s teasing from behind him.

 

It was now a week after that encounter and Namjoon had seen no signs of Jin whatsoever. He hadn’t even seen him do his daily jogging for the past week. It was almost like Jin had disappeared from the face of the Earth after meeting him.

 

Namjoon groaned and flopped on his bed. He had been planning to smoothly drop in when Jin was jogging one morning and pretend like it was all coincidence and then they could talk and they would fall in love and then they could get married and have 5 kids and a cat. Okay so maybe Namjoon was a little too enthusiastic, but it could work. Somehow. Probably. Okay of course it wasn’t going to be that easy, but at least he had a plan to try and approach him.

He groaned again and flipped around a bit on his bed. He was about to whine again, when Jimin randomly appeared in his room.

 

“Y’know, rolling around in your bed and whining isn’t gonna help you get your prince charming.” Namjoon jumped twenty feet into the air and threw a pillow at Jimin.

 

“ing hell dude, why are you in my room?” Namjoon screamed as Jimin deftly dodged the poorly aimed pillow, much to Namjoon’s chagrin.

 

“To help your hopeless get some. Also I know where you keep your spare key.” Jimin leaned against his doorway nonchalantly, as if he didn’t just break into his apartment and scared the living out of Namjoon. He’d have to find a different hiding place for his spare key.

 

“So? What do you want?” Seriously, why did Namjoon do this to himself?

 

“While you were busy plotting some elaborate scheme to “accidentally” bump into Jin, I went ahead and did the normal thing, and asked him for his number. So yeah, I’m friends with Jin now, and I heard he wants to see you again, god knows why when you’re such a huge fail, but yeah. Get dressed, we’re meeting him in the cafe nearby.” Jimin grinned at Namjoon.

 

“Wait how did you know what I was plann-I mean what do you mean we’re meeting him right now?”

 

“You’re predictable and by right now, I mean right now, so get dressed or I’m dragging you out in your pajamas.” Jimin shot back quickly as if he knew the answers to everything in the universe. He may be a cheeky brat, but he was useful to have around sometimes.

 

Namjoon quickly picked out some clothes and dashed into the bathroom to make himself somewhat presentable before running out again and dragging Jimin out of the building with him. Then he pulled to a stop as he realized he had no idea which cafe Jimin had been talking about, as there were at least ten cafes nearby.

 

Jimin just shook his head like a disappointed mother and led Namjoon into the correct cafe.

 

When they arrived inside, Namjoon looked around until he spotted a familiar figure cradling a steaming mug of some sort of hot drink. He internally squealed at how cute the other looked but kept himself from openly gushing. He didn’t want to do even more embarrassing things around him, their first encounter was more than enough.

 

“Hey! Long time no see, Namjoon. You too Jimin, although I saw you just yesterday.” Jin smiled up at them and Namjoon just kinda stared again. He really needed to stop doing that.

 

“Hi.” Namjoon stammered out and took a seat. Jimin pulled out a chair and sat down next to him.

 

“So. Um. How’ve you been?” Namjoon was never good at making small talk.

 

“I’ve been alright. You?” Jin said back. If Namjoon hadn’t been imagining it, Jin also seemed just as nervous as he was.

 

The conversation flowed in a similar manner for about fifteen minutes before Jimin got annoyed and stood up.

 

“Oh my god why are you two so clueless and awkward? Just talk to each other like you would to someone you’re interested in, and don’t deny it because I know for a fact the both of you have at least some bit of interest in the other so shut up and let me finish. Ask each other things, socialize, have you two never been out in public before?” Jimin burst out.

 

There was about 10 seconds of complete silence before they both started laughing.

 

“You know, Jimin is right, we’re acting like people who have never talked to other people before. Let’s just talk comfortably, okay? No generic small talk questions allowed.” Jin giggled (yes giggled, this man ing GIGGLED) and Namjoon immediately relaxed.

 

For the remainder of the date (with Jimin tagging along because he needed to protect his children), they chatted about everything from aliens to cat advice.

 

“Oh yeah, I still haven’t gotten your number, Namjoon.” Jin realized when they had to leave. They quickly traded numbers and said their good-bye’s.


That night, Namjoon went home, texted Jin to ask him out for another coffee, and rolled around on his bed when Jin replied with a yes. They weren’t gonna get married and have 5 kids anytime soon, but they’ll get there when the time comes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back! I don't really know what this mess is, but I'm so sorry for not updating in a month! I just finished midterms, so that means more time to write! Also spring break next week for me, so I'll try to update frequently to make up for that month. I will hopefully upload a chapter for Valentine's day as well, so look forward to that, I guess. Again, sorry for not updating for so long >.< but I'm alive and here to write!

-Chrystiemallow