tutoring sessions and library dates

Namjin Drabbles

It was the middle of April when Namjoon first met Seokjin.

 

Namjoon looked up from his lyric book and glanced at his watch. As his brain registered the time, his eyes widened and with a loud “Oh !”, ran out of his dorm room.

 

Five minutes later, he skidded to a stop in front of the library. He was supposed to be at the library for a tutoring session at 4pm, but he had lost track of time and it was now 4:45pm. He caught his breath and rushed in, trying to find the correct table. He hadn’t tutored this person before, so he had no idea what he looked like. All he could remember was that his name was Kim Seokjin, and he needed tutoring in English. His eyes scanned the room and only spotted one occupied table, so he guessed it was his tutee. He walked up, preparing a long apology, but as he walked closer and saw his face more clearly, Namjoon almost choked on his own spit.

 

The guy was beautiful. Like, not your average pretty boy, but stunningly beautiful, as if he was an angel who had fallen from heaven. Personally, Namjoon wasn’t really all into the angels and heaven stuff, but he would believe it if someone told him that angels exist and this man was one of them. Namjoon slowed down a little as he stared at the ethereal man in front of him.

 

As Namjoon pulled to a stop in front of the man, Kim Seokjin, he reminded himself, he looked up and Namjoon was even more mesmerized with his eyes. They were big and a warm brown, and the lighting gave him a glassy doe-eyed look.

 

“Oh, hello. Are you, by chance, my tutor?” Seokjin opened his mouth and Namjoon swore the angels had spoken to him. He hadn’t been expecting such a deep melodious voice to come from him, but Namjoon had to say, it suited him very well.

 

“Um, hello? Are you alright? You seem to be spacing out.” Seokjin asked, snapping Namjoon out of his reverie. Namjoon quickly shook his head and cleared his throat just slightly.

 

“Oh my god, I am so sorry I’m late, I lost track of time and I ran here as soon as I realized how late it was. I’m really sorry,” Namjoon said in one breath.

 

Seokjin laughed and Namjoon swore it was the most beautiful sound in the world.

 

“It’s alright, I was actually late as well, but I guess I got here earlier than you. I’m Kim Seokjin, 4th year culinary major. You can call me Jin.” Seokjin easily brushed off Namjoon’s tardiness. It took Namjoon a second to register that Jin was waiting for him to introduce himself as well.

 

“Oh, um. I’m Kim, uh, Namjoon, yeah, you can just call me Namjoon. I’m a third year music major.” Namjoon cursed himself for forgetting his own name for a few seconds.

 

“Oh, I didn’t realize you were younger than me. That’s fine too, I guess, as long as you teach me well enough to help me pass English.” Jin laughed again, “Oh and sit down, you don’t have to stand the entire session, unless, of course, you want to, which I doubt as you seem ready to collapse.”

Namjoon didn’t realize he was still standing until Jin pointed it out.

 

“Oh right, yeah, ha, I guess I should sit.” Namjoon laughed awkwardly as he pulled out a chair and plopped himself down.

 

“Alright, now that’s settled, can you please explain to me what the hell an oxymoron is? My English really isn’t that great, and if I remember correctly, you said you were fluent on the ad?” Jin jumped straight to the tutoring part of this whole situation. Namjoon had wanted to talk to him for a little while longer, but this was a tutoring session, so he guessed that he did have to do his job.

 

“Yeah, I taught myself English when I was sixteen. An oxymoron is a contradictory pair of words. For example, something like liquid gas or seriously funny would be oxymorons.” Namjoon explained.

 

“That makes sense but also doesn’t make sense, but okay, at least I know what it is now. Why I have to take an English class when I’m a culinary major doesn’t make sense to me either, and why they would make us write full essays in English using proper literary devices when half the class can barely spell dream also confuses me. Anyway, you taught yourself English? That’s impressive, I don’t think I could do that.” Jin said, only pausing to take a breath after he finished talking. Namjoon didn’t expect Jin to be this talkative, but he didn’t mind it. In fact, he found it cute.

 

The rest of the session went on in a similar fashion, with Jin asking questions about English literary devices and wondering why he had to take the class, and Namjoon answering his questions and laughing at his little rants in between each question. They became quick friends and by the end of the session, exchanged personal phone numbers and made plans to hang out sometime.

 

As they got closer, Namjoon visited the library a lot more often, as Jin would always either be there or in his kitchen, and Namjoon couldn’t just barge into his house randomly. Namjoon found himself drawn to Jin, and didn’t really know why. It wasn’t until three months of knowing Jin that Namjoon realized he had fallen in love with Jin. It was so natural, as he already had an interest in Jin when he first met him, and spending time with him just made Namjoon like him even more, to the point where he could declare that he was maybe even in love.

 

They learned small facts about each other as the weeks went by, each little fact making Namjoon fall deeper in love with Jin, and before they knew it, the end of the year had come.

 

It was about a week before Christmas, and Namjoon had plucked up the courage to finally ask Jin on a date. The only problem was actually asking Jin. He knew Jin was single, and he knew Jin wasn’t going home this year for Christmas, so he figured that a Christmas date would be good.

 

He tried about ten different outfits before settling on a white button up with a black cardigan on top, black skinny jeans, a pair of boots, and his black coat. He had called Jin earlier to meet him at the library and he planned to confess and ask him on a date. He was nervous as , and he was worried that Jin was going to reject him, but he figured that taking the chance was worth it. He wanted Jin to know how he felt, and he felt in his gut that taking the plunge was the right thing to do.

 

Namjoon arrived at the library early this time and sat down at their usual table. He tapped nervously on the table as he waited for Jin to arrive.

 

Namjoon sat there for about 20 minutes, when Jin rushed in, looking as beautiful as ever with rosy cheeks from the cold outside and a large scarf wrapping his neck, giving the illusion as if he was drowning in it.

 

“Hey Joonie, sorry I’m late, I lost track of time cause I was perfecting my latest recipe.” Jin quickly pulled out a chair and sat in front of Namjoon, removing his scarf.

 

“It’s alright,” Namjoon grinned at Jin.

 

“So, what did you need?” Jin asked, his head tilting slightly to the right like it always did, Namjoon learned over the months, when he asked a question he was really curious about.

 

Namjoon cleared his throat, “Well, um. I have something important to tell you, and I thought it was appropriate to tell you where we first met.” Namjoon paused, his throat suddenly dry. Jin gestured for him to continue when he noticed Namjoon had stopped for a while.

 

“Well. Where do I start. When I first met you, I was literally taken aback by your beauty,” Jin blushed at that, “and when I actually started to get to know you, I found myself taking a liking to you almost immediately, when usually it takes a while for me to get comfortable with someone. After all these months of getting to know you, the real you, and making memories, I felt myself feeling something different than just typical platonic feelings. I guess somewhere along the way of becoming close with you, I fell in love with you. So my question is, Kim Seokjin, will you go out with me?” Namjoon finished, and Jin was blushing so hard that Namjoon was almost scared that he might overheat and faint.

 

Namjoon let Jin have a few moments to cool himself down before looking to him for an answer.

 

“I almost don’t know what to say, except thank you, for more than just liking me, but for also telling me what I had planned to tell you sometime in the future. I had also fallen in love with you somewhere along the way of friendship. So my answer is, Kim Namjoon, yes, I will go out with you, and I also am in love with you and your crazy blond hair.” Jin finally answered Namjoon after a few minutes of fanning his face in an effort to return his face to a normal colour.

 

Namjoon gave out a small cheer and immediately got up to give Jin a hug. He pulled away slightly to peer down at him and saw Jin looking back up at him. Namjoon’s eyes wandered down to Jin’s puffy lips and leaned down to give them a small peck. Jin, not satisfied with a peck, grabbed Namjoon’s neck and gave him a full on kiss.

 

As they pulled apart, they heard a loud cheer from behind them. They looked back at the figures of five very familiar people. Their friends Hoseok, Jimin, Yoongi, Taehyung and Jungkook had followed them to the library, apparently, and were now applauding them in a public library for finally getting together.


As cute as the librarian found the whole situation, it was a library, so she kicked all seven men out of the library for all the noise they made and public displays of affection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't written anything in a while, I was suddenly bombarded with a load of work at school, but I finally got free time ;u; And well, this is kinda longer than other stuff I have written for this drabble collection, so enjoy 1.7k of Namjin fluff, since who doesn't need Namjin fluff in their life? Oh and of course there's cameos from the rest of bts at the end just cheering their parents on ;w; well see you guys next time! 

-Chrystiemallow