namjoons and kitchens don't mix

Namjin Drabbles

This chapter is dedicated to KwonAtie, thank you for your suggestion, and I hope you like it! Sorry it's short :(

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seokjin, Namjoon and Jungkook were currently stood in the kitchen covered in flour, sugar and water. The microwave was still slightly steaming, the sink was spewing water up to the ceiling, and there were utensils and bowls sprawled everywhere on the floor. All Seokjin did was stare at his husband and son and wonder where he went wrong.

 

How did they get to this point? Well, it all started a few hours ago.

 

“Daddy, let’s make cookies!” Jungkook, Seokjin’s 5 year old son really loved cookies. He loved making them, watching Jin make them, smelling them and, most of all, eating them.

 

Seokjin didn’t see the harm in it so he agreed, until Namjoon decided to join in the baking as well. They had just been getting out the sugar when Namjoon came down and popped his head in.

 

“Are you making cookies?” He asked as he walked in the doorway and toward Seokjin to give him a kiss on the cheek.

 

“Appa!” Jungkook scrambled off his stool and went to hug Namjoon around the legs.

 

“Hey Kookie! How’re the cookies coming along?” Namjoon laughed.

 

“Appa should help us! We didn’t start mixing yet though.” Jungkook pouted a little at the last sentence. Mixing was his job when making cookies, and he loved it.

 

“I would, but I don’t know if Daddy wants me to help.” Namjoon turned to look at Seokjin. Jungkook looked up at him as well, with those cursed puppy eyes of his.

 

Seokjin was a little reluctant to let Namjoon help out at first, but how could he say no to Jungkook? And so, the baking began.

 

“Joonie, can you help Kookie wash his hands while I measure out everything?” Seokjin said as he took out the measuring cups and spoons.

 

Namjoon led Jungkook to the kitchen sink and carried him up to the faucet. While struggling to balance Jungkook on his knee, he tried to open the faucet at the same time. It didn’t turn out too well. He tugged too hard on the handle, and it partially came off. Namjoon panicked and quickly stuck the handle back to its original place, and let Jungkook down. He turned around to see Jin staring curiously at him.

 

“What?” Namjoon tilted his head slightly, choosing to not tell Jin about the possibly broken sink. He’d get that fixed later.

 

“Nothing. Kookie, come here, you can put the stuff in the bowl,” Jin shook his head and gestured for Jungkook to climb on the tall stool he had placed in front of the counter, ”Oh, and Joonie? Can you melt some butter in a bowl for me? I already cut the portions so just put it in a bowl and dump it in the microwave for like a minute.” Namjoon looked around to find the butter and once he had located it, he set to do his job. Melting butter. Easy, right? Not so much in Namjoon’s case.

 

He had ended up just dumping the wrapped butter straight into the microwave, paper casing and all. Maybe it was Jin’s fault for not peeling the paper off the stick before giving it to Namjoon, but shouldn’t he have known better?

 

The paper somehow managed to catch fire and start steaming, just as Jungkook spilled flour everywhere and knocked into the sugar and mixing bowls. Namjoon and Jin were quick to help clean up, but of course Namjoon had to slip and fall face first into the pile of flour on the floor. Jin helped Namjoon up, but got flour on himself as well in the process.

 

“You know what, I’m just gonna wash my hands first.” Jin said as he made his way to the sink.

 

“Wait no no n--” Namjoon winced as the handle on the faucet came loose the moment Jin touched it and a burst of water splashed upwards. Jin turned around, face and hair soaking wet, looking absolutely livid.

 

“Mind explaining?” Namjoon gulped and looked away guiltily. Jin threw the handle into the sink and sighed deeply, before sniffing at the air.

 

“Why do I smell burning? Namjoon, what did you do now?” Jin looked around the room to identify where the smell had come from. Namjoon threw his hands up in mock surrender, as if to say “I didn’t do anything”, when it was pretty obvious that he had done something.

 

Jin turned to the microwave and he almost slapped himself.

 

“Namjoon, you are hereby banned from stepping foot into this kitchen ever again.” Jin deadpanned as he tried to put out the small fire with a wet cloth. He would have to make many phone calls today.

 

Namjoon just scratched the back of his head and looked down at his son sheepishly, who looked back up at him with the same expression.

 

They had a lot of apologizing to do today.

 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Again, thank you to KwonAtie for suggesting this prompt/idea/thing idk, and if you have no idea what this is, just read back to chapter 10! I will be posting another suggestion tomorrow, so if yours hasn't been posted yet, worry not! It is just still in progress! Thank you all for reading, I hope you all have a wonderful day!
 
-Chrystiemallow