pink post-its and birthday surprises

Namjin Drabbles

Jin woke up feeling way too cold, and rolled over to try and steal some body heat from his boyfriend Namjoon. Except he wasn’t there, which led to Jin immediately sitting upright, as it was unusual for Namjoon to be out of bed before him. Had he overslept somehow? He quickly checked the time, and it was definitely not because he overslept, as it was only 8 am, and Namjoon usually crawled out of his cave of sheets at 10 am earliest. Jin began to feel slightly worried and decided to look around the house for Namjoon.

 

He rolled out of bed and shivered as he placed his feet on the cold wood floor. He couldn’t find his slippers anywhere near his bed, so he had to go barefoot. The house was eerily silent. He decided to check out the bathroom first, to see if Namjoon was in there, even though there was no water running and the light was off. He peeked in, but Namjoon wasn’t there. He then walked into the kitchen, and didn’t see any traces of him in there either. He checked around the house, but didn’t find him anywhere around the house. He circled back into the bathroom to brush his teeth first and then try and call him.

 

As he got out his toothbrush, he noticed a pink post-it note next to it. He picked it up and it read, “Hey Jinnie! If you found this note, I’m assuming that that you found the one on the bed as well, so just follow my directions again!

 

Go where half of one is not allowed

And look where mornings begin

 

I hope that wasn’t too hard, but you’re smart, so I trust you can find the answer! Good luck!

I love you, again,

Namjoonie.”

 

Jin smiled at the crudely drawn heart next to his name. So Namjoon hadn’t randomly left without a notice. Although, Jin hadn’t noticed a note on the bed this morning, and he had no idea what Namjoon was talking about, so he thought it was best he looked in the bed again. After he brushed his teeth, that was.

 

When Jin had finished washing up, he hurried back into the bedroom. His feet were used to the cold of the floor by now. He searched around the bed and shook out the sheets. It wasn’t until he had removed the pillowcases from their pillows, that Jin had found another pink post-it note.

 

This note read,

“Good morning Princess! I hope you had a good sleep! And of course, Happy Birthday! You must’ve thought I had forgotten, since I wasn’t in bed this morning, didn’t you? Well, I didn’t, so yeah. Anyway, I planned something special for you, and um, so I put a bunch of post-its around the house with riddles on them to lead you to the next clue, until it leads you to my final surprise. The post-its are pink, of course, because it’s your favourite colour, and it’s your special day. Anyway here’s your first riddle:

 

Where the sleepy half is awakened

And where the awakened half is waiting

 

I’m sure you can figure that one out. Alright, I’ll leave you to it!

I love you,

Namjoonie

(PS: Here’s a hint that applies to pretty much all the riddles that use this phrase. If I refer to anything as one, it’s actually two people, or two halves of one whole. I’m pretty sure you know who I’m referring to by saying “two people” right?)”

 

Jin knew. Of course Namjoon would be cheesy like this on his birthday. He actually had forgotten his own birthday, as he had been so tired these days from trying to perfect his latest recipe. Jin reread the note he had found in the bathroom, and the hint from the bedroom one helped him make more sense of it. Half of one meant one person, and the only place in their house where one of them was banned from was the kitchen. Namjoon couldn’t go into the kitchen, because the last time he had, he had managed to wreck the stove, burn the countertops, and essentially blow up their microwave. Now it was Jin’s territory, and Namjoon wasn’t allowed in there. However, it seemed he had went in there today, and Jin decided to forgive him beforehand, as this was a surprise for him. Unless, that is, Namjoon broke something else in the kitchen, in which case, Namjoon had better watch out in his sleep.

 

Jin ventured into the kitchen. “And look where mornings begin”. Well, he and Namjoon always began their mornings with a bowl of cereal and a mug of coffee, so it was either the coffee maker, or the cereal box in their pantry. He checked the coffee maker first, and after thoroughly examining it, he found nothing. He moved on to the pantry, where he took out their box of lucky charms. He had a sweet tooth, okay? Sure enough, on the side was a pink post-it note taped onto the nutrition facts. He peeled it off and read it.

 

“Hey Mario! Okay that was kinda weird, let me try that again. Hey….okay I’m just going to call you Jinnie again. So I see you found the third note! Don’t worry, there are only six notes, so you’ll be fine. Also, don’t worry, I didn’t put the note in here by myself, I made Hoseok-hyung do it. Okay, moving on, here’s the next one:

 

In a room of tools

This is most used

 

Yeah I made this one pretty easy, so I think you’ll get it in no time.

I love you,

Namjoonie”

 

This one was pretty simple, as the only “room” in the house with tools would be their utility closet, and Jin obviously knew which one was used most often, as he did a lot of the housework. He went into the hallway and opened the closet. He pulled out the broom and found another post-it note, just as he had expected, right on the handle.

This one read:

“You found this one the fastest, didn’t you? Okay, well two more notes to go!

 

Where one half chooses

And the other dresses

 

Hehe, I hope you get this one. The notes are going to be shorter though from now, because it’s almost time for me to leave and get the rest of your surprise finalized.

I still love you,

Namjoonie”

 

Jin had already concluded that “one” meant him and Namjoon, so that meant it was somewhere where they dressed. Which led him back into their bedroom, this time in front of their closet and dresser. He opened the closet and looked through the clothing racks, but couldn’t find anything. He looked in the dresser drawers next, and found a package with a pink post-it on it in the last drawer. He looked at the post-it first, and put the package down on the bed.

 

“Hey Jinnie! Yeah, so I picked out and bought an outfit for you for my surprise, which includes going outside, so keep warm! Anyway, we’re almost done here, so be patient with me, alright? Here’s the riddle:

 

Where one half leaves early from

And one half leaves late

 

This one is a bit harder, as this only applies to today. Good luck finding the last one! I’ll be waiting for you after you solved all the riddles! Oh and remember to change into the clothes.

I love you so much,

Namjoonie”

 

Jin wanted to say “I love you” back to the note, even though Namjoon wouldn’t hear him, but he decided to hurry and change and look for the last note.

 

Namjoon had picked out a comfy looking grey sweater that said “Mine” on it in white cursive letters, a pair of black skinny jeans, a black overcoat, and a light pink button up to go underneath the sweater. Jin was pleasantly surprised, as his and Namjoon’s clothing tastes didn’t really match up, but this time he actually liked what Namjoon picked. He quickly changed and looked at the note again. He said it only applied to today, so “leaving early” must be referring to Namjoon. And you leave the house through the door. Therefore it must be by the front door, right? And the “leaves late” part could be referring to how he’s leaving after Namjoon. He decided to chance it and all but ran to the front door. He grabbed his boots, and put them on, as he checked the door for any pink post-it notes. He didn’t find any, so he was confused, until he looked down at his shoe.

 

Tucked neatly into the bow of his shoelace, was a folded pink post-it.

 

“Hey Jinnie! I bet you thought it was going to be stuck on the front door, didn’t you? Well, I predicted that, and I purposely made sure these were the only shoes in the house so you would definitely wear these. So this is the last note. Here is your riddle:

 

Back to the beginning, where two became one

One will be reunited once more, with a stronger bond than before

 

I hope you understand this, and I’ll be waiting for you.

I love you now and I will love you forever,

Namjoonie”

 

Jin wracked his brain to try and think of what the riddle meant. “two became one”, that must mean when he and Namjoon started dating. Or did it mean where they first met?  Jin put his bet on when they started dating. Namjoon had asked him to be his boyfriend at the park near the train station where they first met by smacking into each other headfirst. Romantic.

 

The park wasn’t too far from their house, and Jin could walk there in about 15 minutes, 10 if he ran. Now that Jin had a destination in mind, he quickly grabbed his keys, locked the door, and ran out in the direction of the park.

 

Jin arrived out of breath, and as he struggled to breathe, he scanned the area. He spotted a familiar head near a large tree, except this head was now...pink? Did Namjoon dye his hair pink without telling him? Jin walked up to the tree, feeling confused.

 

Namjoon noticed Jin as he walked closer. Namjoon gave Jin a dimpled smile as he approached him.

 

“Hi.”, was all Namjoon said, before Jin screamed, “Did you dye your hair pink?!”

 

Namjoon nodded sheepishly. He had dyed his hair this morning, very early in the morning. He had many more surprises up his sleeve than just pink hair, however.

 

“So I see you solved all the riddles! Congratulations, although I never doubted you would solve them.” Namjoon paused to give Jin a huge hug before continuing, “I’ve prepared much more for your surprise. If you haven’t noticed, there’s a bunch of pink and white balloons behind you, and I made Yoongi-hyung and Jimin hold them while wearing matching pink suits.”

 

Jin whipped around and sure enough, there stood Yoongi and Jimin, in matching pink suits with white bow ties, holding a whole bunch of white and pink balloons. Jin looked back at Namjoon and saw that he had ped his coat. He could now see that Namjoon had a similar sweater to his, except it said “You’re” on it instead. Jin looked down at his “Mine” and the message made Jin blush. He looked up again and this time, a bunch of roses popped up in his face. Namjoon peeked out from behind the bouquet and gave him another gummy smile. Jin loved Namjoon’s smile. It reminded him of sunshine and green grass, of good days and all the best things in life.

 

“These are for you,” Namjoon suddenly grew shy, after handing the roses over. As Jin held the roses, Namjoon dropped to one knee.

 

“Remember how I said in the note “One will be reunited once more, with a stronger bond than before”? Well, here is why that was there.” Namjoon paused to study Jin’s current expression. Jin looked slightly shocked and mainly confused. “Well, to start, I remember the first time I met you. It was at the train station just by here, and we smacked headfirst into each other. Remember how I was stuttering the whole time I tried to apologize? That was because I looked up and I was awestruck by how beautiful you were. I was so glad that you had decided to get to know me better. As I began to hang around with you more, I realized how much more amazing your personality was. I realized just how beautiful you were, both inside and outside. You are such an amazing cook, caretaker, counselor, best friend, and boyfriend. Sometimes I catch myself wondering how you manage to be so perfect and yet at the same time imperfect. You have weird habits, and you are a slight clean freak, but that’s what also makes up you. And I would never ask you to change. I love you. Will you marry me?”

 

By this point, Jin had started crying. Namjoon opened the box in his hand, and in the box sat a simple silver band with a single small diamond embedded within. There was also an engraving on the side, which read “Meum quia unicus est amor”, which meant “My only love”.

 

Namjoon got off his knee and wiped Jin’s tears away as he calmed down a little. Jin peeked through his lashes at Namjoon and just smiled. Jin moved his head closer to Namjoon’s ear and whispered one word. One word that had Namjoon screaming and all their friends crying for them, and screaming as well. One word that allowed Namjoon to slip the ring onto his ring finger on his left hand. One word that Jin had wanted to say a long time ago.


Yes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting for so long, I was caught up in hw, but for the rest of the week I don't have any so I had time to write :D I hope you enjoyed this chapter :3 Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIN! I LOVE YOU! Jin is so precious :') As is the rest of Bangtan of course. Also their comeback slayed my life :O

-Chrystiemallow