kookies, snowmen, and marriage

Namjin Drabbles

“Appa! Daddy! Look! It’s snowing!”a little kid, around the age of 4 with ebony black hair contrasting with milky white skin, currently had his face smushed against the glass of the window as he observed the snowflakes fluttering around outside.

 

“Oh, why, yes it is Kookie!” A man of relatively tall stature and caramel brown hair responded, smiling fondly at his son.

 

“Can we go play in it later Daddy? Oh please, please, I’ll be good, I promise!” ‘Kookie’ begged his dad, looking up with intense puppy eyes. His dad only laughed and nodded, never being able to deny his adorable son anything.

 

“Jin-ah! Have you seen my glasses? I think I lost them again, but I need them since I’m out of contacts!” A baritone voice drifted from the second floor master bedroom to the living room, where Jin and his son were. Jin sighed and facepalmed at his husband.

 

“This is the fifth time this week, Namjoonie, how many times are you going to lose them? Also, check your head, you may have pushed it up there and forgot again.” Jin called back up. Sure enough, a few seconds later, he heard Namjoon go “Oh!”, confirming that they were indeed on his head.

 

Namjoon descended the stairs, and the moment he reached the bottom, he was attacked by his son jumping into his arms and climbing up to sit on his shoulders.

 

“Hey, Jungkook-ah, what’s up? You’re excited today.” Namjoon asked his son, as he steadied himself, and tried not to drop Jungkook.

 

“Appa! Appa! It’s snowing, and Daddy said we could go play in it later! Oh, oh, can we bring Tae Tae and Hobi-hyung too? Can we, can we?” Jungkook rapidly yelled out each sentence, unable to contain his excitement.

 

“Sure, Yoongi-hyung and Jimin were going to bring them today for the New Year’s Eve dinner anyway, so we could call and see if they’d like to come earlier, if you want to play with them in the snow.” Namjoon chuckled at his son’s antics. Jungkook gave a loud cheer and almost fell off Namjoon’s shoulders, if Jin hadn’t been there to catch him.

 

“Alright there tiger, but first things first, we have to get you cleaned up, you still have syrup all over you from breakfast!” Jin playfully scolded Jungkook, as he carried him into the bathroom to wash his face and hands and change his clothes.

 

Ten minutes later, and Jungkook was standing in the hallway, freshly changed and no longer sticky.

 

“I just called them, they have no problems with coming early, and it seems Taehyung and Hoseok are excited to play with you too, Kookie-ah.” Namjoon grinned at his tiny son, who grinned back up at him. With a loud cheer, Jungkook ran into the kitchen.

 

“Wait, no, Kookie don--”, Jin tried to stop Jungkook, but it was too late. He had discovered the cookies.

 

“COOKIES!” was the only thing the little rascal screamed before diving onto the counter. Having a four year old was so hard sometimes. Jin frantically tried to pull Jungkook off the counter before he reached the cookies. He was hyper enough on his own, he didn’t need extra sugar right now.

 

“Jungkook, let go of the counter this instance, do you hear me young man? Let go!” During this process, all Namjoon could do was stand helplessly outside the kitchen doorway, as he was banned from the kitchen.

 

Twenty minutes later, Jin had finally gotten Jungkook out of the kitchen and he was currently sulking in Namjoon’s arms, as Jin huffed and cleaned up the utensils that had been haphazardly strewn all over the floor when Jungkook had leaped onto the counter.

 

“Hey, I think Taehyung and Hoseok are going to be here soon, don’t you want to be happy when they come?” Namjoon tried to console his son, who was still pouting over being denied a cookie.

 

As if on cue, the doorbell rang just then, and Jin walked to the front door, while dusting off the invisible lint from his pants. He swung the door open to be greeted with two hyperactive children jumping on him, and their parents standing behind them, one grinning and the other with a lazy smirk.

 

“Uncle Jin! Uncle Jin!” the two kids screamed, as they crawled up his torso and nearly strangled him with their chokehold on his neck. Why are little kids so strong? The world may never know.

 

“Hey Taehyung, hi Hoseok! It’s nice to see you guys too, but, um, I kind of need air, so could you two please get down?” Jin laughed. The two boys gave one last squeeze before letting go and jumping down.

 

“Jin-hyung! It’s nice to see you again!” Jimin smiled at him, going forward for a hug.

 

“Same here, Jiminie. Did you dye your hair orange? Wait, did Yoongi dye his hair, is that green?” Jin asked after actually looking at the pair before him.

 

“Hey Jin-hyung. Yeah, I’ve got green hair now, it’s not that big of a deal.” Yoongi replied, waving a little.

 

“What do you mean it’s not a big deal? You’re going to bleach all of your hair off one day, Yoongi, I swear.” Jin said, half-jokingly.

 

“I mean, Namjoon has pink hair, so..” Yoongi shot back. Jin just stepped aside, ignoring the comment.

 

“Well, come in, Jungkook’s been waiting for you guys.” Jin said, just as Jungkook barreled forward and knocked Taehyung into the ground.

 

“TAETAE HYUNG!” Jungkook screamed into the poor kid’s ears.

 

“KOOKIE!” Taehyung screamed right back.

 

Hoseok pouted. “Where’s my hug?” he asked, feeling a little left out. Jungkook got up and helped pull Taehyung to his feet before tackling Hoseok and repeating the screaming.

 

Their parents just sighed, already used to the antics of their children.

 

“So, wanna come inside or what?” Namjoon said, having stepped up to the door during the whole tackling process. The other couple bustled inside, whilst trying to gently push their children inside as well.

 

“Oh, oh! Daddy said I could play in the snow with you guys!” Jungkook excitedly chattered with the other two children in the household.

 

“Oh yeah! Appa said something about that before we came!” Taehyung replied, grabbing onto Jungkook’s hand and ran towards the door. However, they were stopped by Jin and Jimin pulling on their shirt collars, leading them back inside the living room.

 

“But why, Daddy? I thought we could go outside!” Jungkook whined.

 

“Yeah, Appa, didn’t you say that before?” Taehyung continued.

 

Jin sighed. “Yes, Kookie, I said you could, but first, you have to put on your coat, scarf, and mittens.” he said slowly. Jungkook pulled a face, and tried to pull away, but Jin just gripped his collar stronger.

 

“And you, Taehyung, don’t just leave your brother alone.” Jimin scolded his son. The two youngsters pouted and said “Sorry Daddy/Appa.” before being let go.

 

Five minutes later, three little boys were standing before the front door, fully equipped for snow. The moment Jin opened the door, they all dashed outside and promptly started a snowball fight. Their parents just sat on the porch, chuckling and watching their kids have fun.

 

“I win! Okay, now, Kookie and Hobi-hyung, let’s make a snowman!” Taehyung said, after throwing his last snowball into Hoseok’s nose. The other two were about to protest, until they heard snowman. The moment they heard snowman, they set on making giant snowballs. It took a while, but after fifteen whole minutes of vigorous rolling, they had three good sized snowballs before them.

 

“Wait...how will we put it together?” Jungkook asked, a little winded from all the running he had been doing.

 

“I can do it!” Hoseok piped up, before picking up each snowball and placing them on top of eachother. Being the oldest of the kids, he was taller, which meant the snowballs weren’t as big to him as they were to the other two.

 

Once the snowman was assembled, the three kids stepped back to look at their finished masterpiece.

 

“It looks so cool!” Taehyung grinned and gave the snowman a hug. The other two joined in on the hug and nearly toppled the snowman over, but they managed not to.

 

“Anyway, what do you want to do now?” Hoseok asked Taehyung and Jungkook, after the excitement of the snowman had worn off.

 

“Hmm.” Taehyung thought for a little while, before his eyes lit up, like it always did when he got an idea.

 

“Kookie! Let’s play “Marriage”! Appa and Dad told us about it before, they said it’s what happens when two people who love each other very much and aren’t related do, so let’s get married! Hobi-hyung can be the priest guy!” Taehyung said, throwing up a V sign with his fingers for no particular reason other than it looked cool.

 

Jungkook, being only 4, had no idea what it meant, so he just said “Okay!” and went along with it.

 

“Okay so Kookie, stand in front of me and hold my hands. Hobi-hyung, you know what to do, right?” Taehyung got into position in front of a large oak tree in the yard.

 

“Yep! You can count on me!” Hoseok beamed and stood in front of the pair. Jungkook shuffled into his place as well, and looked at Taehyung eagerly, not knowing how this new game worked and being excited to find out.

 

“Okay, so do you accept each other as husbands?” Hoseok asked the two, earning an “I do!” from Taehyung, and a copy from Jungkook a few seconds later.

 

“Alright, I declare you two married! You may now kiss the groom!” Hoseok said with a large grin. Taehyung lunged forward and planted one on Jungkook, who was unaware of what a “kiss” was, and just smiled at his hyungs.

 

“Appa! Daddy! I got married to TaeTae hyung, and I kissed him!” Jungkook later yelled out, skipping hand in hand with Taehyung, with Hoseok trailing behind, towards the house.

 

“WHAT?!” was the one thing the kids heard from Namjoon before they all ran and scattered around the yard.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! surprise i'm not dead lol. I meant to post this at 12 exactly, but it's now 12:12 so close enough. Anyways, Happy New Years guys! I hope you all have a good year, and also merry belated christmas haha. I hope you enjoy this short drabble, and i hope you enjoy 2016!

-Chrystiemallow